• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Thieves of a Feather (Funkybub and Shatter)

"Well, maybe we can, though you still have to work. I thought you would want to just work today," Venus said. "So, maybe if you aren't too busy, we can do a quick coffee date or something," she said, leaning over and kissing her husband's cheek.

Shawn started driving on the road, rolling his windows down as he did so. "To be honest, I'd rather just have a day with you but bills need to be paid." Shawn started, clicking his music on through the radio. "So you haven't asked me any questions about what it was like inside prison. Thought you'd have loads for me."

Venus looked at Shawn. "Shawn we still have money from like the third job we did," she said. "But I have everything put away for the kid's when they go to college, rainy days, and other emergencies," she said, looking at Shawn. "Isn't prison going to be the same as last time, well mostly except this time you were attacked. Plus I figured not in front of the kids.

"Yeah, that's the story we tell our kids. We ain't bank robbers, we just work for a private security company. That's all. Do you ever think we are going to tell them or think it's best if we just keep quiet?" Shawn asked, slowly turning the radio up even more. "I want to talk about my experiences in the pen, makes me sound like a hardened criminal." Shawn said, focusing on driving along the road.

Venus continued to look at Shawn, before she looked away at the road, thinking about his words. "Yes, I think we are going to tell them, but what do you want to do, fill their minds of what you think of yourself in your head. 'We were scumbags, Ve', 'When I die, all that will be left is my kids and record'" she said. "Why do you do that? Why do uyou make yourself sound a horrible person?" she asked.

"Well. We aren't good people Venus. I don't really want any of the kids to know what we did or why we did the stuff we have done. We've killed, robbed. I don't want any of them to have to know the stuff we did to get the money which has more or less supported them for life. You may do but I don't want them knowing at all."

Venus looked at Shawn again. "Shawn that was before. People change and we are different now. If you don't want them knowing then that is fine, we won't tell them. But I refuse to listen to you constantly put yourself down, making yourself seem like a terible person and father and no good except when you want to get high, drink, kill or rob," she said.

"Exactly what qualities do we have Venus? All I've done my entire life is thieve, hurt and done drugs. They shouldn't know anything about any of that." Shawn said, facing forward as he drove, passion filled in his voice.

"Okay, you arn't doing that right now. So it doesn't matter about what you were. You were excited that Eloise promoted us, but you still believe yourself to be some bad guy," Venus said. She didn't understand. He wanted change, but he is still wanting to hold on that he is some scumbag criminal.

"Yeah I am excited but well. well I don't know" Shawn said, keeping attention onto the road as he slowly started to arrive at the large base they called work.

"I just really don't understand," Venus said, looking out the window as he drove into the parking lot of the company building they work for. Soon, she can spend her days at home with her kids and work there too, instead of leaving them and being stuck at work while they missed both parents, neither one being home. She thought it would be fair for them to get to see at least one parent everyday.

Parking the car, Shawn unclipped hisself before going to open Venus' door. Once she had gotten out. Shawn kissed her on the lips since they now worked in different buildings around the complex. Holding onto his bag, Shawn placed his ID around his neck. "Ill see you at lunch babe."

Venus smiled as Shawn opened the car door for her. Saying her thanks, she climbed out of the car, grabbing her bag and closed the door. Turning to her husband, she kised him back, until the broke away from each other, though thie kiss didn't last long. "See you," she said, heading into a different building. She worked in a section closed to Eloise, so she could drop her bag off at her desk and then head to Eloise's office. Doing just that, after she arrived inside, she headed to Eloise's office, knocking on the door once she got there.

Shawn sat down at his desk and slowly sunk onto his hands. Bored. He had nothing to do until he got his 'welcome back from prison' meeting with some of his bosses. Soinstead, shShawn sat around, browsing the internet and reading the various newspapers left in his more or less private office.

Eloise told her to come in and so Venus did. Walking in, she sat down on the chair in front of her desk. "Ummm...Eloise. I really want to talk to you about something. That something is related to my job here. No, I am not quiting, I just want to change one thing about it,"Venus started, unsure how it would be a good start.

Eloise smiled. "You can ask me anything Venus, you and Shawn both know that." She smiled as she took a long sip from her cup which was resting on the table.

"Well, I do wish to work from home. I can still come here to partcipate in meeting and such if you need me. It's just I really don't feel right when the kids don't get to stay with one of us everyday. Plus I am always pushing them on Victoria and Chloe, and they have lives to tend to. When all four of them are in school, I can always come back," Venus explained. She was only thinking about her kids and what's fair to them and hoped Eloise would understand.

Eloise looked up and smiled. "I completely agree with you Venus. I wasn't around when Iwan and Ramsay were growing up and I regret it so much. I'll write it up in a moment and get you stuff sent over to your place this evening." Eloise said, smiling at Venus. "You only need to ask and I'll move you straight back here."

Venus looked at Eloise and smiled. "Oh, thank you, Eloise,"Venus said. "There is a office in there that rarely gets used anyway," she added. She got ready to leave Eloise office. "Though I will mostly likely be back when they go to school, maybe," she added. She wasn't sure yet, since it is five years from now.

"Anytime Venus. If I need you, I'll just call you or inform Shawn. Have a good day, we'll see each other soon." Eloise said, smiling as she idly typed away at her computer, having to go to a few meetings today.

With that Venus walked out of Eloise's office and headed back to her desk. Shwewas given a few boxes to put all her belongings inside to send back to the house. Once everything was packed, it was about an hour and a half to lunch, so she decided to head over to Shawn and meet him early. Walking over to the other building through the large halways in which they were connected, she headed over. It didn't take to long to finally arrive at Shawn area. Deciding to sneak up behind her husband she was careful not to be noticed until she reached behind Shawn and covered his eyes with her hands.

Feeling Venus' warm hands cover his eyes, he grabbed her tightly as he was startled by her. Playfully, Shawn rolled to the ground, taking Venus with him onto the carpet floor. "And why are you here so early sunshine?" Shawn asked as he rolled over to face Venus who was now laying on the floor.

What happened to Venus next happened to fast that she didn't even know how fast until she was on her back on the floor. "Jezz, I was covering your eyes not your mouth. If I knew you were going to almost kill me I wouldn't have done it," she said. "I am starting to work from home, so when I finished packing I came here," she answered. "Though we should probably get up before your co-workers get any ideas," she added.

"You do know this is a private office, meaning if any of my co-workers want me, they have to knock." Shawn replied. "Anyway, someone wants me dead so no wonder I threw you to the ground. But, we have a hour and half free and I have no work. So what's the plan?"

"I came in without knocking and so may that killer if they try to kill you,"Venus said. "So that means nothing. Though remind me never to surprise my husband ever again. I may end up dead the next time," she added, teasing him a bit. "Though I didn't plan about the hour and a half, I thought you'd be working."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back