• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They don't know us

Skye's POV
I looked at Angelica in conflict before nodding to her. I bent down and dragged out the guard's gun, before pulling off the safety. I handed it carefully to Angelica, "If something happens, shoot three times with this. Hopefully, we'll hear it down." I tell her before getting inside the elevator. I look at James and Ethan who isn't joining us. "I'll stay here with Angelica," James replied to my questioning look. I nodded and pressed the basement button, didn't even have to look at Ethan to understand that if James wasn't going, neither was he.

The doors closed and a soothing elevator music came on but was drowned in me breaking the elevator cameras. As Michael looked at me I shrugged, "Just in case." When the elevator arrived in the basement it opened to reveal a white long hallway, with doors on both sides. "Do you think this is too easy?" I asked as I moved out of the elevator. Of course, I knew it was a secret base, but this lack of security? We also had gotten way to easy inside...

" Yes," Michael replied as he followed after me. The doors had names on them and we walked quite far inside when I noticed the names I looked for. I shook in the door slightly and it was in my surprise, open too. I opened the door and gasp loudly as my eyes find the two peoples chained to the walls on the opposite side of the room. On the picture, they had been beaten up, but this was something else entirely. Their bodies were covered in bruises, scars and cuts, and they probably hadn't seen a good shower in a while either. They were both also thin, but not dangerously so. I froze when both heads lifted and looked straight at me. I averted my eyes slightly, looking at the floor. Did I mention they were both naked?

Claire's POV
My skin felt like it was burning, but at this point, I was used to it. It had been maybe a week since we last had been let down from the wall, and my shoulders and arms were no longer hurting, they were just numb. I had surprisingly been sleeping when the loud noise was heard over our heads. I lifted my head slightly to see a sequrity guard run past our window towards the elevator. I furrowed my brows, what was going on?

"Probably just another kid getting pushed past his limits." A hushed voice said beside me and I looked over at Lucas. "Are you okay?" I pressed forward. He had been unconscious since two days ago, that's when Peyton made Jude shock him pretty bad.

"No, but I haven't been for a long time," Lucas replied with a scurry laugh before getting a coughing fit. I giggled whispered together with him before we both sighed simultaneously and hung with our heads again.

I didn't even bother looking up when the door opened. Was it feeding time already? I hadn't heard any heels so I doubt Peyton was back anyway. The gasp was what made my eyes widen and my head shot up. In the doorway, there was standing an orange-haired person dressed in all black. Behind them, there was also a guy looking nervously down the hallway, and his ears immediately pulled my attention. Mutants?

The person in the doorway came further in, looking discreetly at the floor. Oh, come on, never seen a naked body? " Are you Claire and Lucas?" They asked and fumbled with their hands. "Yeah, who's asking?" Lucas asked as he tried to straighten up in his chains, which didn't really work. "We're here to save you. We're with Agana." They replied and by mentioning her name they looked me straight in the eyes. My eyes widened even more as I started shaking slightly. No. No. Why was she here??

"Don't worry, Agana will be here soon probably." Peyton's words from earlier this day rung through my ears. " Why is she here!" Lucas snapped, knowing I was speechless. " We're here to save you. I'm Skye and this is Michael." Skye replied and waved towards Michael before crossing their fingers, opening a purple circle of some sorts, pulling out a garden scissor. They walked over to me first, cutting down the chains.

As my feet touched the floor I fell down as a potato sack. I sat shakingly on my knees, carefully moving my shoulders and body, feeling really stiff in every part of my body. I could hear the sound of Lucas getting released himself, making me look up at Skye. They had opened another circle, pulling out clothes to both of us. I bit my teeth together as I accepted the clothes and got dressed as fast as I could. I had to get outside.

James POV
"You okay?" I asked Ethan as the elevator door closed. He just nodded and looked lifeless down on the floor. I was about to ask him another question when I heard the sound of heels along the floor. We all turned our heads to see a beautiful tan lady making her way towards us, together with a security guard. " So Agana did really bring her friends! May I ask who you are?" The woman asked with a smile, but her eyes were not smiling.

" Who are you?" Angelica asked and in the next second it looked like her body was shocked and her arms fell lifeless down by her side. I pulled Ethan away from Angelica as an instinct and looked over at the woman again. Her body was lifeless herself and the security guard was holding her in the arms, already walking away.

"Angelica?" I asked carefully who had now lifted her arms, inspecting herself. " Interesting. It's been a long time since I passed out by taking over a mutant." Angelica said before looking at me, her eyes all dull. Her eyes looked like a dead animal's. "Well then." Angelica lifted her arm, and before I could react, she had pulled the trigger on the gun.

I had never really thought about how it felt being shot. I guess I didn't realize it first, but then the pain came and I gasped as I fell back towards the wall. I shakingly looked down at my abdomen, looking at the blood that was spreading fast a little up left from the navel. I looked at Ethan in shock before I fell down on the floor.

Last edited:
(Ethan)
I look down at James with shock, the blood spreads fast and I have to do something about this. I feel a bit of anger raising in me, and I look at Angelica, I feel sick and wanna throw up. I take my fist up and punch her right in the face, knocking her to the ground. I quickly look at James again, kneeling down, trying to figure out what to do.

(Micheal)
Why in the world were they naked? That doesn’t make any sense, do they torture them with their clothes off? I look at them when they have gotten their clothes on, I’m about to ask how long they have been here when I hear a gun shot. I look toward the elevator, trying to listen for more shots.. but only one were fired for now, I look toward Skye, did she hear it?

Skye's POV
My eyes moved from Claire and up to Michael as soon as we heard the shot. I waited but no more came. "Let's get moving," I ordered and helped Claire up as Michael hurried over to help Lucas. We supported them over to the elevators and I pressed the elevator button. I took a deep breath as I felt my pulse rise while the elevator rose.

The door opened and my eyes widened at the scene I saw. James was on the floor, and there was a lot of blood. Angelica was also down, it seemed like she passed out. Ethan was sitting by James side, seeming confused but he was pressing his hands against the wound. Was that a gunshot wound?!

"Ethan!" I screamed to get his attention. He looked up at me in shock, he had probably been panicking too much too even notice the elevator had arrived. "What the HELL happened?" I yelled at him as we hurriedly moved towards them. "Angelica shot James." He snapped back and looked at James as he pressed his hands harder against the wound. The poor boy was shaking all over.

"She did WHAT?" I continued to yell, as the alarm was getting really loud. Michael and Lucas walked over to Angelica to check her, then I noticed that James had started to smoke. He mumbled something and Ethan shook his head, saying something back which I couldn't hear. James started sitting up, too Ethan's despair. He coughed and looked up at me and I could finally hear what he said. " Get OUT!" He managed to call out to me as he pushed Ethan away, then everything exploded in flames.

........!

I opened my eyes and gasped. Lucas was standing with his arms lifted over his head, a blue flickering dome was covering us while the outside was all covered in flames. " What the FUCK?" Lucas snapped and looked at me with wide eyes. I didn't answer as I did a headcount. Angelica, Michael, Me, Lucas, Claire and... Ethan. That was everyone that was in the dome. " James!" Ethan yelled and hit his fist against the dome, but it didn't falter.

"How do we get out?" Michael asked, as he had managed to wake up Angelica, who was looking at the gun a few feet away, completely in shock. " Is there any way to calm that buddy of yours?" Lucas snarled and everyone looked at each other, not having a reply to give. " Fantastic. How you're holding up Claire?" Lucas asked and Claire shifted in my arms, pulling away from me. " I'm okay. What if we-" " I can get us out of here." I said, making them look at me in surprise.

James POV
Everything was so blurry. I managed to stand out the blurs of Ethan and Angelica, as Ethan hit her. I blacked out a second I think because the next thing I heard was Skye yelling something. Did they manage to get Lucas and Claire? I couldn't find the strength to look. I opened my eyes and looked at Ethan, who looked terrified.

The smell of smoke hit me like a train and I felt my blood freeze. No no no, not now. This was bad. "Ethan you need to get away," I whispered to which he shook his head at. " No way." He mumbled and pressed his hand more to the wound, making me hiss slightly in pain. I guess it should've hurt more but it was NOTHING towards what was going to happen.

I sat up, much to Ethan's distress, and my eyes met Skye's. " Get OUT!" I yelled the best I could before giving Ethan the best push I could, making him fall backwards. Then I blacked out.

Agana's POV
It took so much power to hold this form. I had no count of how many trees I had hit or not when I heard an explosion behind me. I turned my head with a snarl, more to scare off the security guards firing their toy guns at me. I stopped in my tracks as I saw the enormous wall of fire. What the hell? Was it James? Were they in trouble? I felt my heart drop as I took a step in the direction, but stopped to let out a pained cry as I was electrocuted all through my body.

I turned my head in rage and froze as I looked right down on Jude. For fuck's sake.

(Angelica)
I stare at the gun a few feet away from me, my heart is beating loud and fast inside my chest. My hands are shaking and I can’t calm down.. I just shot someone.. with that gun that lays on the ground.. my head is foggy and I feel like I just woke up from a nightmare. To make matters worse, we are surrounded by what look like smoke, and I have the worst feeling it’s my fault. I clench my hands together so hard that my nails somehow manages to pierce my skin. All I can look at is the gun, all I can feel and hear is the scene playing over and over again inside my head. The sound of the gun firing, my hands that I got no control over.. Ethan and James face in shock.

(Ethan)
I stare at the shield infront of me, I look up then at the guys holding his hands out, "let me out!" I shout toward him. I have to og and help him, What if he burnes to Death? Or that he bleeds to Death?

(Micheal)
I look over at Angelica, she looks terrefied and she has started to bleed on her hands. I sit down beside her and look her in her eyes, "are you okay?" I ask after making sure I have her attencion. She slowly nod and I smile at her. I stand up and look at them, "What is the plan?"

Skye's POV
" My power is dimensional spaces! I can open a portal and you can jump in and hide there, then I'll somehow manage to run through the flames outside!" I had to yell my plan over the flames because they were really loud. " You can't possibly handle the heat!" Lucas yelled back and shook his head. " If I shrink my dome I can manage to move it around just us so I'll stay with you! The rest can go to your dimension!" He said and I saw how the sweat was running down his forehead. He had been tortured for a long time probably and now he had been thrown right out in this. He probably was exhausted.

" Okay, sure." I took a deep breath and crossed my fingers. A round portal opened this time at the diameter of 1 meter. I looked up at Michael, who nodded and helped Angelica through. He then had to drag an angry Ethan trough the portal. With himself. Claire looked at Lucas. They shared a long look, not saying anything. Then Claire turned around and jumped into the portal. I closed my fingers and balled my hand into a fist so it closed.

The dome started to get smaller and Lucas moved towards me, this time he didn't have to hold up his arms since it was smaller probably. " Are they safe in there?" He asked and I started walking with him as we hurried towards the door. I had to keep close to him because he was the dome's center. "I don't know." Lucas stopped and looked at me in shock. "What?!" He asked and the dome flickered slightly. "I never had anyone in there! I don't know if they can breathe." I replied honest as we hurried outside.

As the air was cleared from the flames around us he took down the shield and fell on the ground, passed out. "Lucas we still ned to get further away, it's too hot here!" I said as I pulled him with me towards the forest. The flames stood up like a wall and I could still feel enourmus heat that was threathening to melt my skin off. "Lucas, Come on.." I hissed in pain as I fell to the ground, unable to move.

The heat was unbearable and I could feel my skin getting burned. I probably were screaming but i couldn't hear anything over the flames. If i died, would the ones in my dimension automatically come back? That I didn't know. I was just about to pass out when a huge wind plast passed me and blew the flames away. The next moment Agana landed next to us, scooping us up in her claw. Her claw was big enough to cover both me and Lucas, shielding us from the flames.

Her other claw went into the flames, probably picking up James. When she pulled him out he had stopped burning, so he was probably unconcious. She then turned around, using her tail to hit away the nearby helicopters, then with a big blast of her wings she took of into the sky.

I have traveled with planes before but it was nothing against this speed. In less than twenty minutes we had already passed New York, but Agana didn't stop. I understood why though, we would be found at once if we landed there.

The pain against my skin was so rough, even if i only had been exposed to the flames for a few seconds. By the time Agana landed I had passed out 2 or 3 times, I wasn't even sure. We were surrounded my trees and Agana laid us carefully down on the ground. Her body started shrinking slowly until she was fully turned back. She fell to the ground, gasping and clutching her stomach. I didn't think much over the fact that she was naked and I used a lot of strength to just cross my fingers.

The portal opened by me, and out all four of them fell. I let out a gasp in relief, seeing that they all were safe and sound. Then I passed out again.

Agana's POV
I just couldn't fight against Jude, I couldn't. As soon as he arrived I flapped my wings, blowing everyone around me away. I took to the sky and blasted towards the flames, using my wings to move most of them away. I immediately spotted Lucas and Skye, both laying on the ground. I ran the scenario trough my head, hoping for the best.

I picked them up in one of my claws and looked over at the flames. I stuck my other claw into the flames, searching a bit then I found the source, which was James. I pulled him out and was relieved to see he wasn't burning himself. I turned around, whipping my tail at the close helicopters before going up to the sky.

I flew fast towards the south. We had to get fast out of the country. I flew past the Caribbean, having a goal clear in mind.

The big rainforests in Brazil started to come in the horizon, making me feel relieved. I was exhausted, didn't really sleep that well last night and forget about sleeping on the bus.

I found a wide area close to the area and landed there. After carefully laying Skye, Lucas and James on the ground, I started transforming. I gasped for air as soon as I was back in my human form. I couldn't stand on my feet as I fell to the ground, my whole body numb. I put a hand on my chest, struggling to breathe. I heard a loud thump close to me and in the next moment, I was almost run down by another person.

I looked up in shock and felt my whole body freeze. Claire probably was stunned herself, since we spent a few long seconds just staring at each other. I brought my shaking hands up to her face, feeling the warmth from the tears trailing down my cheeks. I then pulled her in and gave her a deep kiss.

(Ethan)
"The hell did you do that for?!" I shout at Michael, he just dragged me into a weird place and the next moment we fall the ground of a forest. He looks at me annoyed, "You are welcome!" He shouts back at me. "I did not thank you!" I shout a last time at him, then I turn to see if James made it out safe. When I lay my eyes on him I run toward him to see if he`s burned to death or is doing okay. It looks like he`s breathing, but he`s unconscious.

(Michael)
That`s one ungrateful bastard, he doesn’t care about anyone other than himself. I shake my head and look toward Angelica, “are you okay?” I ask her with a worried smile. She looks down at her hands then up with me with a smile, hiding them behind her back. “Yes, don`t worry about me.” She says and look at the others, I turn around. They all seem tired, that was one crazy situation. I thought it was a small easy task breaking two people out, but it all ended in flames, literally.

(Angelica)
I squeeze my hands together behind my back, I don`t know what to think about… I don`t know what I should do now.. Only thing I can think about is the fact that I just shout James in the stomach.. I wanna help him but I don`t wanna make it worse.. I have never even tried to heal a gun wound with a bullet in it, I haven`t even tried on without the bullet. I don`t know if I`m able to do that, I may make it a hundred times worse.. I look away from him and look down at the ground, I don`t know what to do..

I Agana's POV
We shared a slow intimate kiss, only separating for air. The tears were running down both our faces and I kept staring at her, afraid it wasn't real. "I'm here," Claire whispered like she knew my fear. She caressed my cheek and for a moment we were lost in each other's eyes.

Then my gaze moved and I looked over the situation. This was bad... Skye and James had severe burns, Lucas being worse than Skye. Both of them were also passed out. James was still unconscious too, but the bleeding had stopped. Was it because of the flames? I also had no clothes, until I saw the neatly folded clothes close to the others. That Skye...

With the help of Claire to support me, I managed to stumble over to the clothes. I pulled the clothes over my head and headed for James first. "Go to Lucas," I mumbled to Claire, my voice hoarse and raspy. She nodded and headed for Skye and Lucas, while I knelt down by James, despite Ethan's glare. "What happened?" I mumbled to him, gently moving James shirt to look at the wound. As I thought, the wound was sealed, like the only part of him that had burned was the wound. He had unconsciously done first aid to himself.

(Ethan)
After the girl sat Down, I could her hear mumble. I don`t know if she was talking to me or James that was laying on the ground.. Unconscious.. Only a burning smell and a gun shot is ringing through my head. I know I shouldn’t be angry, but I am. I turn my head and give the girl that shot him a ugly glare. “This is your fault!” I shout a bit, “Why did you shot him?” I shout a bit louder, demanding an answer for what she has done. She looks fast up at me, then down at the ground. “I didn`t know... I couldn’t..” She says with a low scared voice. I stand up angry, but the guy with the tail prevents me from moving toward her.

(Michael)
I look over his shoulder. “Calm down, I`m sure she has a reason for it.” I say a bit annoyed, why does this guy always have to be a pain in the ass? He looks up at me, “What kind of reason can one have to shot someone!?”. he shouts at me, I look down at him and snarl, showing my teeth. He`s apparently very short, he is almost up at my chin, but no further. I really want to threaten him at this point, it is easy for me to take out my claws and scratch him. But I know that is wrong and I won`t do it. "There are more important stuff than you making a fuss, so just shut up and sit down." I say and put my hand on his shoulder, putting a bit force on it, signalling that he should just give up on it.

Agana
" Was there a tall tan lady there?" I asked sharply, making both of their attention to turn to me. My eyes met Ethan's and he instantly looked away before he nodded softly. I sighed and rubbed my aching shoulder, this all had gone so terribly out of hand and everything would only get tougher from here on out. But... My eyes searched and fell upon the silver hair of Claire. For now, they were back. A warm feeling washed over me and before I focused again and moved my attention back to Ethan and Michael.

"You met Peyton. The mutant controlling mutant." I added a short explanation for Ethan's slightly confused face. I only told Michael briefly after all. "I'm guessing you couldn't control yourself?" My question was directed to Angelica because all in all, she seemed to be the one, or rather the one Peyton controlled to pull the trigger. "It's not your fault," I said and looked back down on James briefly before back to Angelica. "Can you help them?" I asked, gesturing to James and both Skye and Lucas who Claire had removed most of the burnt away clothes off.

(Angelica)
I feel my heart ponder in my chest as I’m slowly walking toward the unconscious body laying on the ground. Ethan is giving me a glare saying he doesn’t trust me at all. “I.. Can try..” I say with a low voice, trembling a bit. A gun shot that I caused, can I even heal it? I kneel in front of him, carefully laying my hands onto his wound. I take a deep breath, then concentrate. I start to feel a warm feeling in my hands, energy leaving my body. A light green color shows up by my hands, I don’t know if I’m the only one who can see it, but I think it’s pretty. I feel my breath shorten a bit as an aching pain forms inside my head. I start to feel a bit happy as I’m seeing flesh being repaired and turning normal. I close my eyes to surpass the headache. All I’m focusing on is the energy swirling through my body, through my hands. A minute pass and I’m sure that the wound has been fixed.. I hope. I lowly open my eyes and remove my hands. I put them up toward my head and press on the temples. I move over to another person that was hurt and do the same thing over again. I have never healed more than one person, at least not three. I hope my head can keep up and not pass out before I’m done.

(Michael)
Î look at Agana. Then at the surrounding forest. “what are we supposed to do now?” I ask a bit concerned. Where even are we? I cross my arms a bit concerned about the situation. I look at Angelica who’s apparently have a healing ability, wonder why she didn’t tell us about it before. Maybe Ethan haven’t become so riled up if he knew? I give him a glance. Who am I kidding, of course he wouldn’t, he’s a drama queen and seems like he likes to start drama with people. I growl a bit, I had hoped he would be left there alone so we wouldn’t have to deal with a kid. My tail moves annoyed with my thoughts, and I notice that Ethan is staring at me. With a look like he can read my thoughts, but I know he can’t, cause he’s a bloody water human. I snarl at him again, giving him a threatening look. It takes some seconds but he backs down and concern himself with James again.

James POV

Darkness. Big empty space of pure black void. I can’t seem to remember last time my mind was this empty. Or that’s not completely true. I remember it clearly.

3rd person POV

“Come on ice princess! Dance for us” the laughter and the sound of James back hitting the school lockers were heard trough the hallway. It was in the middle of class as well, so there was no one there to help him.

“Please stop” James whispered, trying to get past the three older kids surrounding him. “Hey, we’re not done with you yet!” The biggest of the kids sneered as he grabbed James shirt and pushed him back into the locker, this time with even more strength. The kid’s name was Hugo, and he was 2 years older than James. Even if he was only ten years old, he was un-normally huge for someone his age.

James felt his body shake slightly and the temperature in the air around him started raising. Hugo screamed out and pulled away, shaking his hand as he had been burned. “What the fuck... Monster!” He gasped and James felt his heart beat faster. He used the confusion to run past Hugo, heading for the stairs. “After him!” He could hear Hugo screech, sounding like a strangled walrus. Before his minions had time to react however, James was already down on the first floor.

He ran over to the toilets and hurried inside going straight for the booth furthest away from the door. What he failed to notice was how the lamps were melting as he passed, by the scorching heat that kept rising.

He locked the door behind him but immediately pulled away when he saw how the lock started heat up. “W-what's happening” James gasped and held to his head. It hurt so much. He just wanted the pain to stop. Just, please…

Please just…

Just…

“Stop!” James screamed and hurled his arms out, igniting everything instantly. The small thud by a pair of knees’ hitting the floor was nothing compared to the growing roaring flames. “W-what…” James looked down on his shaking hands before lifting his gaze again. The flames were melting and burning everything around him, but surprisingly they only felt comfortable for him. The headache was gone too.

However, the smoke wasn’t as gentle. James started coughing and reality hit him, he had to get out of there. He scrambled to his feet and started to push the door, when he realized the lock had melted. “No no…” James started coughing and looked around him. His eyes fell to the gap between the stall and the floor. He threw himself down on the floor again and started dragging himself under the booth. Luckily, he was small and could fit under. When he was on the other side, he stood up again, but now the smoke was so thick he couldn’t see anything. He coughed and ran a few steps towards the door before falling back down on his knees, coughing violently. He gasped and dragged himself towards the door. He managed to get there and used the last of his strength to open the door having the smoke roll out in the hallways. “James!” He heard a voice yell and looked up to see his mother run towards him before everything went black.

That’s the only time I can truly remember this void. After the episode every time I close my eyes, there is always flames.

“…..”

What even happened? Why is everything black?

“….es”

Oh, right my side hurts. Why is that?

“……es”

Ah, I remember. I was shot. Angelica shot me. Why would she do that? Does it have something to do with that other lady?

“…. mes?”

What happened after that? Did I lose control? Is Ethan okay? Did everyone get away?

James?”

This is bad my head hurts…

“James!”

This is bad I need to wake up.

“…. James?”

WAKE UP

“ETHAN!”

My eyes shot up and there it was yet again. Flames.

Agana’s POV

“What are we supposed to do now?” Michael asked and looked at the forest. I follow his gaze and sight gently. “I’m not sure. For now, we should move a little under cover and get rest.” I suggested and crossed my arms moving my gaze to Claire. She was helping Angelica turning Skye before Angelica started healing her.

I start walking towards them but stop only after a few steps. A chill run down my spine and the feeling of my hair rising makes me turn back towards Michael, our eyes meet, and I realize he felt the same. Something’s wrong.

My eyes turn to James and Ethan and guessing by how Ethan keeps calling his name I would say James was about to wake up. But why do I keep feeling uneasy? “…. James?” Ethan asked and then it hit me.

The temperature was rising.

“ETHAN!” I yelled and my body moved faster than my mind as the sound of fabric ripping was heard trough the air. My arm grows and at the same time both my wings stretches out.

“Agana?!” Claire yells, but I ignore her as my arm reaches out, snapping up Ethan before he can react, pulling him back towards me. I throw him on the ground next to Claire and the others and as Michael hurries over to us I use my wings to cover us just as the flames start yet again. The scales of it this time was not as big as last time, it was only maybe on a radius of around 5 meters around James, but this was bad. The flames could be noticed by planes or even satellites, we had to stop it.

“Ethan!” I yelled to be heard over the flames. He looked at me, still in shock, I would guess. “I know you don’t like talking to me but listen! You need to use your powers to cool down James!” I explained and felt the heat against my back. The ground was wet and there wasn’t a lot of trees around us as there were more ponds and rivers on this open spot, but if James kept burning like this it would get out of control.

(Ethan)

I stare at the wing in front of me, trying to figure out what just happened. Flames is roaring at the other side, James in the middle of it all. It must be amazing to have a power that is so warm.. All I can ever give is coldness and pain with water.. But as right now, my power is actually something that can help. I nod toward Agana as a confirmation, and then crack my fingers. I stand up at look around me for water sources, whatever I can find I do a hand posture at to make it float toward me. I hope I can be quick enough to cool him down, but not drown him at the same time. Well I guess this is enough water, I look at an empty ponds and rivers. I probably don’t need this much water, but just to be at the safe side you know.

I look at Agana, “Can you lift up your wing?” I shout a bit and look at it. “Are you out of your mind?!” Michael shouts toward me and grab my shoulder, not surprising. I kind of want to drop some water on him to make him shut up. “That is to much water! What if you drown him!?” He shouts again. I feel a bit of anger boil up inside of me, I look him dead into the eyes. “Believe me, if I wanted to drown someone, I would’ve done so already.” He stares at me shocked, as if I had just threatened him. I don’t do that well under pressure. I look back at Agana, “Or at least make it so I can see what I am doing” I shout toward her. I hold my hands in front of me, the water floating up in the air. She stretches her wing more out so I can look over it. Okey.. Plan of action.. I have no clue.. How am I supposed to do this, I can make it so it rains.. Less chance of him drowning, Or I guess letting it all at once is a better choice of action, it’ll cool him down faster.

I take a deep breath and drop all the water on top of James, a hissing sound forms as water hits the flames. I then quickly removing it seconds later. Steam and a bit of smoke arise from the elements.

(Angelica)
My head is pounding, and I can’t really grasp the situation. The world is spinning and as I’m finally done with healing them all, I feel the urge to pass out. I look over at Ethan who has become blurry, he looks focused, but I don’t know. I put my hands onto my head and try to calm it down, it’s painful. I can’t anymore, I’ve done what I can do.. I hope they are good.. I feel my head hit the grass as I pass out and everything become black.
My head is pounding, and I can’t really grasp the situation. The world is spinning and as I’m finally done with healing them all, I feel the urge to pass out. I look over at Ethan who has become blurry, he looks focused, but I don’t know. I put my hands onto my head and try to calm it down, it’s painful. I can’t anymore, I’ve done what I can do.. I hope they are good.. I feel my head hit the grass as I pass out and everything become black.

Agana’s POV

Its all over as fast as it started. The crackling sounds of fire dying out is the only thing heard trough the air for several minutes as everyone is just to shocked to do anything. Then a wave of nausea wells over me and I fall to my knees, vomiting up everything I had eaten the last 24 hours, so basically just stomach acid as I barely consumed anything. “Agana!” Claire gasps and scramble to her feet, hurrying over towards me.

I can feel that the whole left side of my face is completely covered in scales and now that the adrenaline is wearing off, the fatigue is hitting me. My arm has already shrinked down to normal size, but it was still covered in scales. My wings I somehow managed to pull in before I collapsed. Before my head hit the ground though, Claire was there, supporting me.

“You overexerted yourself way too much.” She mumbled and stroke away some hair. “It’s my fault they’re here… I need to fi….” I didn’t manage to finish the sentence as I passed out from the exhaustion.

Claire’s POV

“It’s my fault they’re here… I need to fi….” Agana didn’t get to finish as she went limp in my arms. I furrowed my brows in concern. Half of her face, the whole of her back, her left arm and most of her torso was filled with scales. Never have I seen so much scales on her since the day of the accident.

I look around me at the others. Angelica had fainted right by Skye and Lucas, James was awake now, sitting up and holding his head in his hands. Michael and Ethan were just standing still, not really doing anything. They were probably just trying to process everything.

A sudden chill ran up my spine and I realized. We hadn’t been affected by it before because of James radiating heat, but now that he was awake and hopefully in control, the cold of the night was surrounding us. “We need to get over to the trees, and then light up a fire,” I said to Michael, as he seemed to be saner than anyone else here right now. It was only around 10 meters to the closest tree lines. I stood up and managed to lift up Agana, hoisting her arm over my shoulder. She might be 20 cm lower than me, but her muscles made her easily catch up to me in weight. She’s really been training since we got caught.

I managed to move Agana to the treeline and lay her down, making sure she’s comfortable and laying in the dry grass. I turn around to see Ethan helping James stand. James wobbles and I hurry over to them. Ethan glare to me, even though I have no idea what that’s about. I support James other side and together we manage to move him to the treeline. We put him down a little away from the others, just in case, and Ethan instantly sits down by him, but James passes out again before Ethan get to say anything. I turn around to see Michael already put Angelica down close to Agana and together we headed back to Skye and Lucas. He must be strong, as he easily holsters Lucas up and manage to take him back to the trees. I struggle more with Skye, as she’s the same height as me.

I weren’t the most trained before, but I did have some muscle. After I got caught though, I didn’t exactly train a lot… I needed to train up my muscles again I guess, especially my stamina since using my powers required a lot of it. By the time I managed to drag Skye halfway over to the treeline, Michael had already managed to lay Lucas down by Angelica and was on his way to help me.

“What’s the plan now?” Michael asked in a low tone, making me look at him. He was looking straight forward. I change my gaze to look at the others as we continue carrying Skye. “Well, for now, let's try to start up a small fire, get everyone warm. Then we rest.” I suggested and he nodded, not asking more. We laid Skye down by Lucas, and together we managed to light up a fire. We made one close to Agana and them, and one by James. He didn’t really need it as he was already warm, probably because of his powers, but it was more because of Ethan who was sitting by his side, refusing to leave.

I sat down by Agana, putting her head in my lap while staring at the flames. I don’t know how long I sat like that before I eventually drifted off.

Time skip 5 hours uwu

James POV

Ow. Ow. Ow.

My eyes snap open and I look up into a bunch of trees. I blink a bit as I groggily sit up… What ha…

All the memories flow in and my eyes widen as I let out a choking sound. Oh no. What have I done?

My internal monologue got interrupted when I noticed the warm sensation by my side. I look down and to my surprise, Ethan is laying sound asleep by my side with a blanket above both of us. Close as well. My heart pace immediately grows calmer as I realize he’s alive. Did the others also get away? I keep studying Ethan when a voice breaks the air.

“You’re awake. I’m glad.” The hoarse voice is low but loud enough for me to pick-up. My head turns towards the sound and my eyes land on the others. My eyes landed first on Agana, who was laying with her head in the lap of a silver-blonde haired woman. I’m guessing that’s Claire. So, we succeeded? My eyes move to the person laying closest to them. He’s laying with his back towards me and had a blanket over him, but from what I can see it’s a dark-skinned man. Was that Lucas? I hope it was. My eyes go up, noticing Michael who was sleeping on a low branch. Oh right. Leopard. My eyes then fall to the root of the Tree, where Angelica was sleeping soundly. My eyes then, at last, fell on Skye, who was the one who spoke, where they were sitting with their back to me by a campfire.

“Wha-“ I get interrupted as I cough as silently as I can, without waking up Ethan. I manage to slip out of the blankets and stand up. My side aches faintly and I look down, noticing I got a new sweater on. I don’t think too much about it and lift my shirt, looking at the bullet scar on my abdomen. How?

“Angelica healed us all. She’s really amazing.” Skye said without turning to me, as they realized what I was doing. I slowly walked towards them, one step at a time. I was pretty shaken up after all.

“All of us? What happened to you gu-“ I got my answer before even getting to finish the question. I had passed Skye when I froze as I looked at them. A cold feeling washed all over me at once as I took in the sight. Skye had a jacket with a hoodie over their shoulders and head, so I hadn’t seen it from behind, but now that I was standing in front, I got a better look. Multiply spots over their arms and left shoulder had burn marks, meanwhile the right shoulder, up the right side of the neck, and on the right cheek and chin was all burn-scarred.

“Isn’t it obvious,” Skye said as our eyes locked.

What had I done?

(Michael)

My ears twitch and I open my eyes, I look down at James who is now awake apparently. He seems shocked, I look over at the others who is still sound asleep. no wonder, it’s been a long tired some day. We should get moving soon, I really don’t want to stay in this place anymore, who knows what kind of bad people can find us... or they probably already have found us, at least they should, there have been a dragon flying, and a huge fire. I’d rather not think about that though. I sight and jump drown from the comfortable branch I was sleeping on, I take a look over to Angelica to make sure she didn’t wake up, she needs to rest. Then I walk over to skye and James. “So, what are we thinking over here?” I ask while I let my hands rest close to the campfire. I look at James with a smile, glad he’s okay.

James POV

I get jolted out of my thoughts by Michael’s voice. Skye also gets a surprised look over their face before they immediately get a look of regret and look down into the flames again. I turn to Michael and try my best to smile back. My smile gets lost fast though as Michael isn’t paying attention to me anymore. His ears are twitching and he’s looking up at the sky. A rustle makes me switch my attention over to Agana, who’s awake now. She sits up and looks at the sky too, a look of panic flaring her eyes.

“They’re here.” She mumbles and gently shakes Claire, waking her up. Claire mumbles something in response, but she’s waking up. Agana tries to stand and her feet wobble from exhaustion, but it doesn’t really show on her face. What a strong will. She stumbles over to us just as I can hear what they were hearing.

Helicopter sounds. Approaching helicopter sounds.

By the time we finally see the helicopter, everyone was awake. Angelica was standing furthest back, leaning against a tree. She looked exhausted. Skye hadn’t moved much she had just stood up. Agana was standing in front of all of us, with Lucas by her side. Claire was standing a little behind Agana, watching as the helicopter started landing. Michael had turned into a leopard and was snarling towards the helicopter, on full guard.

I moved closer to Ethan who was standing a little away from the group. He was looking at the helicopter, irritation clear on his face. But behind all the irritation I caught a glimpse of fear. My body moved by its own as I grabbed his hand. He jolted and pulled away from me a little but didn’t let go of my hand while shifting his gaze over to me. Our eyes met and I squeezed his hand comforting.

Agana’s POV

The helicopter landed and I lifted my hand against everyone behind me. “Don’t do anything.” I boomed, talking loudly to be heard over the helicopter.

The helicopter stopped and the door opened, and out 4 soldiers came. Everyone tensed up even more, but I could feel Claire freeze up the most behind me. I put my hand out behind me and grabbed hers. Her hand was ice cold and her gaze was locked on the person in the front of all the soldiers. Jude.

I saw a movement in the side of my view and my head snapped to the side. Ethan had his hand up, controlling the water towards the soldiers. My hand let go of Claire’s and I ran towards Ethan, throwing him into the ground to Ethan’s and James shock. “What the hell!” He screamed and I pushed him into the ground. “Are you insane?!??! He uses electricity!” I yelled back and he looked surprised.

I sat up and looked over my shoulder. Claire had walked a bit further forward and was staring right at Jude. “Jude…” Her voice was trembling, and I could see her fists shaking. Jude’s face was completely blank, and his eyes were gazed.

“Claire.” He replied, and his voice was Jude, but the cold tone was Peyton without a doubt. As to put a line under it, Jude lifted his arm, and all the soldiers raised their guns. “Claire” I wheezed and started scrambling to my feet, but I had no energy at all. The soldiers all aimed their guns at us making everyone panic but before anyone got the time to do anything, it was already over.

The sounds of gunshots filled the air and on instinct, I closed my eyes. The sounds of bodies hitting the ground were heard, but I realized quickly it wasn’t ours. My eyes opened again, and to my surprise, the soldiers and Jude were all on the ground. Unconscious.

A little over 10 meters to our left the air started shimmering and suddenly another chopper appeared out of thin air. Beside it there was standing 3 people, all with a type of gun in their hands.

“Hurry! Get in the chopper!” The tallest of the 3 yelled. That’s all I registered before the nausea and exhaustion came over me again and I passed out.

Skye’s POV

No one moved for what felt like forever, that was until Agana passed out. Suddenly everyone was in a hurry as I kicked some moss over the fireplace to extinguish the fire, James and Claire hurried over to Agana, and James helped Ethan up. Looks were thrown between all of us before the guy spoke up again.

“Come on! Hurry! I don’t know how long the anesthesia is going to work on mutants!” We weren’t going to be asked twice as we all hurried over to the chopper. Of course, we had no idea if we could trust these guys but staying here was not an option.

As we got closer to the chopper, I started studying the three people. The first one, the one that had talked to us, was a tall, black-haired pale guy. His eyes were covered by sunglasses and he had a pair of pilot headsets hanging around his neck. He waved us towards the door where the girl of this group was standing.

She had brown hair which matched her hazel brown eyes. She was dressed in black combat gear, but I could see a hint of a pink sweater under the vest. She had a pair of black gloves on her hands, in which one was holding a gun.

Lucas and Claire looked at each other before they carried Agana to the door and lifted her in, before jumping in themselves. Ethan looked sceptical, but it looked like James convinced him to go. They jumped into the chopper as well, closely followed by Angelica and Michael, who was now in his human form again.

“What about you?” The third person asked me. His accent was a heavy tainted of New Yorker and my eyes wandered to him. The first thing that caught my eyes was his strong neon pink hair short hair, shaved on the sides. Followed up by that I studied his face. He was obviously Asian, which you could see on his small nose, tan skin and almond-shaped eyes. His eyes were coloured a deep chocolate, almost black shade of brown. They were behind a pair of round glasses that was sitting comfortably on his nose.

“If you’re done admiring me you should get in the chopper, or we’ll be left behind.” The guy said with a smirk on his lips, making my face feel hotter by the second. “Yes, sorry.” I mumbled and hurried over to the chopper.

The guy and the girl jumped into the chopper and it lifted off the ground instantly. It was the first guy who was driving, the girl sat down in the second seat. Mr. Pink, which was his current nickname, helped me get to one of the free seats. There I got strapped with a seatbelt and got a headset. Agana was strapped on a sick tray, still unconscious. The tray was close to the seats of Lucas and Claire, and close to Michael and Angelica. James and Ethan were sitting by each other furthest away.

“Testing 1-2” A voice was heard through the headset and judging by the others who wore the same thing, they heard it too. Mr Pink had sat down, but he didn’t wear one. Instead, he was doing something with his hands and had his eyes closed. The air between his hands kept flickering, and I guessed he was a mutant.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen.” The voice spoke up again and I realized it was the pilot. His voice was deep and soothing. “My name is Jackson. This sweet missy right here is Alexa, and the Asian back there is Luca.” My eyes fell on Mr. pink, or rather, Luca. “You guys probably have a lot of questions, which will be answered. We don’t have that much time right now and I can, unfortunately, don’t say where we’re going or who we are. We’re just asking you guys to trust us and have a nice trip.” After that, there was a low sound signalizing that the comms was shut off, not that there was any way of replying as our headsets didn’t have any microphones.

My eyes met James trough all this mess. Trust them?

Its not like we had much of a choice.

(Michael)

As Helicopter sounds hit my ears, I feel a bit of uneasy inside me. We have been here for too long now, and we are gonna pay hard for that. We have to move fast and be ready for an attack, which no on have the strength to fight. I turn to my Leopard form and dig my claws into the dirt, feeling the grass beneath my paws. my eyes following the helicopter as it lands.

(Angelica)

I lean toward a tree and feel the cold take a hold of me; my headache is still going. I really had wished we didn’t meet them again, what am I supposed to do if I get forced to shot someone again? I look toward Ethan who has an annoyed look on his face, then Michael who is a full on leopard.. They are all so strong.. People step out of the Helicopter, and words are exchanged. I can’t hear well or focus because of the headache. But one thing for sure, Ethan tried to do something with water, and then got tackled to the ground by Agana.. Looked like it hurt, guess he should’ve listened when she said not to do anything. It all goes by so fast and another helicopter lands, big question is if they are friends or enemies. Eider way we all hurried over to the chopper, Michael who’s now in his human form walks beside me. He and the girl from the chopper has locked eyes, she’s giving him a bit of an interested smile. Michael helps me up into the chopper before jumping up himself, followed by the new people.

(Ethan)

A voice is heard from the speakers in the chopper, I don’t really feel like listening, so I take out my earphones. I’m about to take them in when I can feel a gaze at me, I lift my head a tiny bit to figure our who’s staring me down. “Hi” I can hear a light voice say, I ignore it and look over at James, then look down at the ground again. “what’s your powers?” she says again, I furrow my eyebrows. “Give it up, he’s a stone, he won’t talk to you” I hear Michael shout. “right…” she says a bit confused, “You’re a mutant, right?” She says happily, “judging by your ears and tail, and by your performers when we came, you’re a leopard?” She says and notes down into a book. “No, I’m a dog” He says annoyed. She takes note of that too apparently. She then looks toward us again, “What about your powers?” She says and point her pen toward James. He looks at me, then Sky, then at her again. “I rather not talk about it”. She nods and look down into her notebook, “What about you then? Little shy girl? I would love to know what you do” She looks over at Angelica. “umm me? Why me? I don’t know..” She says fast and unsure. “Girl is confused about powers…” She notes down. She’s about to open her mouth again, when one of the new guys, “Alexa can you not? Wait until we are at the base at least”. She gets a pouty look and stares out of the window. “Fine… I guess it’s not like they are going anywhere”. I sigh and put in my earphones, I hope this whole thing is done soon.

Time skip until the base

3rd POV

The first rays of the morning sun hit an old factory in the forest, painting a pretty picture of the late summer scenario. This was disturbed by the helicopter coming in for a landing.

The only thing showing that the chopper was landing, was how the air started shifting. The grass got blown backwards, likewise with the trees. They landed at the back of the old factory. The chopper that landed was one of the special ones, as it had wheels. So, when the chopper had landed safely on the ground, and the blades had stopped rotating, it rolled towards one of the big storage houses. First, when it was safely parked inside the storage house did the camouflage come off.

Inside the storage house there was standing 4 people ready to welcome the newcomers, two of them had a stretcher with them as well. The first person was a young girl, maybe around the age of 18. Her face was filled with freckles which really made her grey eyes stand out. Her face was also nicely framed by brown locks. She was holding a notebook in her hands, slightly tripping in excitement as she watched the chopper.

The second person was an older man, around the late ’30s. He had dark-silver hair and piercing cold-blue eyes. He also had a nicely trimmed beard that matched his hair, just a slightly darker. His hair was laid back and nicely styled. He was standing by the girl, arms cross and a non-amused look on his face. On a crate by the wall there sat brown falcon, eyeing the chopper entrance suspiciously. The chopper came to stand still and came to reveal as the cloaking came off. Just a moment later the door opened.

Skye’s POV

The sound of the door opening took me out of the sleep I somehow had fallen into. Judging by the others they had also been sleeping. Not surprising of course, as the last 24 hours had been hard on all of us. I sat up in my seat, looking a bit hazy around me. My eyes got drawn, like a magnet, towards Luca. He was standing by the door and I noticed a mask covering half of his face. My movement made him look towards me, and I noticed how dark the skin was around his eyes and how the rest of his skin was a greyish pale tone. Not anything like the sweet tan he had earlier, I was now more positive than ever that he might be a mutant. He looked super tired, but he still playfully winked to me before jumping out of the open door.

I sat more up in the chopper chair and unbuckled the seatbelt, knowing we should probably follow. The sound as the chopper shut down was heard trough it and Jackson came out from the cockpit. Alexa went past him and jumped out the door as well. James and Ethan were sitting up in their seats as well as Michael and Angelica. Lucas was waking up Claire and Agana still didn’t show signs of waking up.

“So,” Jackson spoke up, making all of us turn our attention towards him. “I can’t reveal too much yet either, sorry for that but hopefully you’ll keep your patience.” He said with a small laugh. “Outside there are some people waiting for us. They even got a stretcher with them.” He said the last thing to Claire and Lucas, who was sitting around Agana. “I know you’re all exhausted, and that’s understandable. You also probably got questions.” He added and looked over all of us. “But first you should get some medical care, food and some rest. After that, we’ll talk.” He said and smiled. I met Claire’s eyes and nodded slightly. We should not split up, but for now, we should follow them.

I walked out of the chopper first and as I came outside, I unconsciously looked after Luca. Just as my eyes found him, where he was talking to this tall silver-haired man, he collapsed. I took a step towards him almost on automatic, but the man was fast to catch him. He took his arm over his shoulder to support him. “Jackson.” The man called out, his voice deep and sort of soothing despise his cold look. Jackson who had helped transfer Agana over to the stretcher looked up. His eyes switched between the man and Luca and he let out a sigh. “Ah yeah right. I’ll take him.” He said as he went over and took over the support for Luca. He looked back over his shoulder and our eyes met. “I will find you guys soon.” He told directly to me before helping Luca out of the building.

There was two people carrying Agana on a stretcher, and Claire was walking by their side, holding Agana in the hand. We all got closer together, like on instinct. I looked over to Alexa, who was the only one recognizable out of the people there now. She was talking to a …. Falcon? There was a falcon. Sitting on her shoulder. Somehow that was the weirdest I had seen in these two days.

“Hey, guys!” The light cheerful voice made me look after its owner. The small brunette with the cute freckles was the result where she was standing, grinning towards us. “My name is Lexie! This grumpy guy over here is Fredric.” She pointed towards the man who barely twitched his eyebrow a bit annoyed as an answer. She ignored it as she continued “I’ll help you guys settle and show you a bit where some stuff is.” She held up a finger before any of got to ask any questions. “You will get opportunities to contact your family.” She said as most of us seemed to be thinking the same. “But first some of you need medical care.” She said as her eyes ran over specific me, Claire and Lucas. I nodded softly, not daring to look at James. I had been so cold against him earlier even though I knew he wasn’t at fault.

“Well then! Follow me~” Lexie purred and started walking towards the old factory. Fredric just gave us a look as that just made me hurry after Lexi. I quickly noticed how our little group was walking close together. Or as close as most of us wanted too. I looked over my shoulder to look at Ethan and James who walked together. Ethan seemed to prefer not being here at all, but he was walking close to James who seemed like he just didn’t want to be separated from us. My eyes met James for a brief second before I looked forward again. Angelica and Michael were also walking by each other, right in front of me. And of course, a bit further in front there again was the stretcher with Agana, with Lucas and Claire on each side.

As we entered the building Lexie lead us towards an elevator on the left. We were inside an entrance hall which seem to have been altered. There was a big double door on the wall to the right of the elevator, and the wall to the right of that again seemed to have been a reception, but it was closed and walled over it seemed. The stretcher, Lucas, Claire and Lexie entered the elevator first. “Let’s not make it too crowded, shall we? You take the next one!” She told us with a smile and pressed the elevator button, making the doors close.

The silence that followed was very awkward, and I didn’t really want to be the one to break the silence. Shortly after the elevator pinged and opened, being ready to send us up. I walked in, followed by Angelica, Michael, James, Ethan and lastly Fredric. Fredric pressed the button that said 2 on and the doors closed. The elevator trip was as quiet as the waiting was and I noticed that the elevator had two doors opposite of each other. So, there was two ways out of here?

“Excuse me…” I broke the silence making everyone look at me. “What is this place?” I asked curiously, even though I had a small idea. Frederic turned his gaze towards me, and I felt the hair rise on my arms. “I can’t say much, but it’s an old mental hospital.” He replied to my surprise just as the elevator stopped with a ping. His eyes shifted back to the door as it opened, and he walked outside. I followed first and got amazed by the sight. We were on a walkway with a view out to a hall of some sorts. From what I could see there was a small dining area with some tables right next to what kind of looked like one of those school-canteen serving areas. There were some big homemade walls, but from what I could quickly see behind them there was training gear. There was also a sofa area. What really surprised me though was the people scattered around the place. The people that were all looking at us. I didn’t get to stop moving however as Frederic made a low grunt as to tell us to follow.

We walked over to the door and I quickly glanced at the sigh by it.

Medical bay

Dr. Piper McErray

Frederic opened the door and entered. I quickly looked at the others before I entered first. My eyes widened from surprise as I entered. The whole place really reminded you of a small medical bay. As I could see there was at least 6 beds and some of them had some impressive equipment with them. There was also multiple shelves with medicine along the walls. I knew a lot about medicine after being to the hospital with mom many times. Close to the door, there was also a bookshelf with many books in it and a desk with a computer on it. The computer was on and showed a background of a pretty ginger with a Santa hat on her head, kissing the cheek of a handsome black-haired man. I quickly realized this was male was Jackson.

“Put her on the bed here.” The first that hit me was: Scottish. I turned my head to locate the sound and my eyes landed on the ginger from the picture. I got stunned by the next thing I noticed as well. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, but this wasn’t what surprised me. It was the ears on the top of her head. Dog ears. I could feel Michael tensing up all the way over here. She was a mutant too? She was wearing a doctor coat but by the lump under it, I assumed she had a tail as well. Okay.

She was talking to the two people carrying the stretcher. They were carefully putting Agana in a bed. “I need you two to lay down as well. That’s some awful burn scars you got there.” The woman continued as she studied Lucas who was standing next to the bed together with Claire. “You’re also so thin! What in the world happened to you?” The woman added to both and Claire opened her mouth to answer but the woman waved her hand. “Doesn’t matter. Let me treat your wounds first.” She said and waved them both towards their own bed. Claire instantly took the bed next to Agana.

“You guys get out.” The woman, which I by now assumed was Piper McErray, said to the two people carrying the stretcher, who quickly obliged. “Never a room of peace,” Piper mumbled to herself before her head finally snapped towards us. “More? What a big load. Is this all of them?” She said as she came towards us. Frederic nodded in confirmation and Piper stopped right in front of us. She quickly scanned all five of us. “I don’t have room for all of you but…” Her eyes landed on me and she furrowed her brows as she got a concentrated look on her face. “You stay. Definitely. I need to look at those burns.” Her eyes then shifted over to James. Her nose wrinkled and without a warning, she lifted his shirt much to his protest. I would’ve loved to look away, but my eyes got drawn towards his abdomen. I noticed Ethan doing the same. He was well-toned, but my look was more focused on the now forming scar. Piper lifted her brows. “When was this?” She asked as she let go of his shirt and looked up at him. James looked at Ethan, who’s gaze went from his abdomen and up to look back at him. Their eyes met and Ethan blushed slightly, looking away. “Uh… Last night, I think. I lost track of time.” James replied as he slowly looked towards Piper.

As he said it, I started thinking over his words. He was right. Everything that had happened, and its barely been what, less than 24 hours? A bit over? As soon as I thought this the exhaustion hit me and I fell on my knees. “Skye?!” James reached out to me and I unconsciously pulled away. It was brief, but I could see the regret flashing his eyes making me immediately regret my decision. “I’m fine,” I replied low and looked away. “Last night?” Piper stated, or more like asked and I saw her foot tap fast to the floor. “Do you have a healer with you guys? Because if all of this happened in such a short span of time you guys should technically be you know. Dead.” She escalated the last part by opening her arms in a dramatic movement. All our heads, except Ethan, on an instinct turned towards Angelica, who was supporting herself on the wall. She seemed exhausted as well.

(Ethan)

The wind blowing from the doors opening feels refreshing toward my warm face. I open my eyes to look right at the annoying girl jumping out of the copter. did we land? or did she just take suicide? I look at the others who seem to have been sleeping as well, it’s been a tiering day… And all I really want now is to curl up in a cozy bed, then sleep. We all moved out of the Helicopter onto safe ground, and I can now see a bird looking quite angry at Michael. Understandable, he’s a hateful character. At least that’s my opinion. The bird seems to be talking with her? Some kind of mutant? at least from what I can heaar all the way over here, she seems pretty excited about new people she can analyse.

It seems like Angelica is pretty tired, and worried, at least that’s what I’m getting from her walking. You can actually notice a lot about women, just looking at their shoes, and how they walk. I walk close to James, making sure I don’t lose the one person who’s not freaking me out in here. I would rather be at home, and never be seen again… But if I have no choice, I would stay close to him, he has a bit of a relaxing aura around him.. Or at least I feel it like that..

As we walk toward an elevator, I get the time to look around me. I've never been here before, and it's conserns me that we have walked into a situation where we rely on people we don't know. We stand before the elevator a bit and wait for the second round; the hurt ones were going up first it seems like, which is a good thing.

(Michael)

I feel a bit uneasy about that bird that was staring at me.. Maybe cause I’m hungry? Or probably cause Alexa was talking to it as if it had a mind and voice of it’s own.. I look over at Angelica, she’s walking beside me looking tired. “Are you alight?” I ask with a low tone in my voice, she looks up at me with a worried face. “I don’t know.. My brother is at home with the worst monster ever.. And I can’t contact him..” She says and look back down onto the floor. I look at her for a second, then look back up. Wish I could help somehow, but I’m guessing there’s time soon to call home? To be honest, I’m worried about my little brothers. We step into the elevator, and the silence is almost too loud. It gets extremely hot, probably cause there’s a lot of people in one small elevator.. Or I don’t know if it’s considered small for other people, but It’s small for me, for this many people. I drag off my cap and ruffle my hair, I notice Ethan staring at my hair/ears, I guess he’s not used to mutants with ears? I give him a stare back, then he looks away. “Excuse me..” I look over to the voice, and see Skye asking about this place. I think we all are curious about this facility; we didn’t really hear much about it, or what these people do. When I think about it, we basically got kidnapped, just by free will.

The elevator door open and we follow Fredric out, and toward a door with a name sign on it. Skye enter first out of us all, followed by the other people in our group.

(Angelica)

We enter a room that looks like an impressive medical bay, and I lean toward the wall exhausted. I’m surprised the headache still isn’t gone, it usually goes away after a good rest or sleep. I look over at the new woman in front of us; ginger hair, dog ears, white lab coat, she must be a doctor? Or maybe a scientist. Is this where they brought the hurt ones? I look over at the beds; I hope they manage to help them.. I hope I didn’t fuck anything up with my powers.. I space out while looking at Agana, it must feel really powerful to be a dragon? I start to focus on the surroundings again when I notice everyone looking at me. As I’m about to ask what I missed, the door opens, and a tall brown-haired man walks in. He’s wearing all black and has black scribbles/tattoos all over his body. He takes one look at me, then gaze upon the rest of us. “There’s a lot of them today, what happened? Some sort of attack?” he says with a dark voice and look over at Dr. Piper? I think that was her name.

Piper’s POV

The attention that had been on who the girl by the wall moved fast over to the now entering person. I’m relieved to see the full on black and familiar face. “Edward. I’m glad you came because I need your help.” I told him and waved to his coat and equipment. “Dress up.” I looked back at the crowd. “The red hair, the silver haired, the ginger, Skye was it? The white haired and you.” I said and pointed at the chocolate coloured guy that also had bad burns. “You guys need to stay here for a while so just go get yourself a bed. The rest of you will get a quick check by Edward over here to make sure you don’t have any serious damage. After you’re cleared, you’ll get a room, some food and rest.” I spoke out, the commanding tone in my voice told everyone there was no space for arguing.

No one moved at first and I clapped my hands together. “Now! Come on, move.” They slowly started moving and I moved over to the ginger that had fallen on the floor. “You’re Skye, right? Here let me help you.” I said and they flinched slightly. “Don’t worry. You guys are safe here.” I said soothingly, and they furrowed their brows before nodding slightly. They didn’t seem to believe me, but that was too be given.

Everyone moved fast to the bed and after Edward finished examinating the brunette and the cat dude, Alexa came and picked them up. The blonde short boy refused to leave the white haired, and since I had an extra bed now I allowed it.

(Michael)

The new boy that had entered the room, quickly dressed up and looked at me for a second before looking at Angelica. “Do you guys feel any kind of discomfort? Are you hurt?” He asks quick as he examine me, then move over to her. I shake my head and look over at Angelica who’s clearly in discomfort. “What about you?” He asks in a soft voice. “umm.. Just a headache..” She says while looking at his arms covered in symbols that doesn’t make sense, this guy must really like tattoos to be filling his whole arms with them. “Do you need medication?” he asks and puts his hand on her forehead. “No, I think it’ll pass” She says with an unsure tone in her voice. His movements pause for a bit, then he removes his hand, “If it gets worse, take this in case” He says and hands her a small tablet. The door opens and in walked Alexa, she looks around at all the people a bit exited. The guy in front of us looks at her and points at us, then he walks over to help the others. She walks over to us with a happy expression on her face, “I’m gonna show you guys your room”, she says and measure Angelica with her look. “I guess you would rather live with a muscular guy, then alone at this time” She says and giggle a bit. “Follow me”, she walks toward the door again without waiting for an answer. We look at each other, then we follow her.

As we walk, Alexa looks at me with an interested look on her face. “Cheetah?” She asks and look at my ears, “Mix” I reapply a bit uneasy. She almost jumps at my answer, “Really? Between what?”, I look at her a bit annoyed. I then turn my eyes to the white roof, then the end of the hall. “Well, my grandma was a Cheetah, but the family did not agree with it, we don’t talk about our past in this family. We call us Leopards whatever people say” I say as she looks at Angelica. “So, a mistress gone wrong? I guess your family always have been a proud leopard family?” She says as this is an easy boring scenario. I roll my eyes then look at the doors we’re passing. At the end of the corridor, there’s a door open with a bird standing watching us. “What about you? Are you human? Do you have some fun genes?” she asks and lift up her arms to look around, “I.. Don’t know what it is” She says as she seems uncomfortable with a stranger touching her. “Enough with these questions” I say as I pin her to the wall, “We didn’t come here to get questioned every second” I say annoyed, she looks shocked at me. My ears twitch as I hear an unfamiliar sound behind me, an arm land on my shoulder with a brutal force. “Don’t touch her” a dark voice mutter behind me. I turn around and stare into two bright yellow eyes, a tan-skinned man, maybe a few centimeters taller than me. Alexa slips under my hands and move over to the mans side, “I forgot to introduce you to my … ish twin” She looks up at him, then looks at me “His name is Crow, he doesn’t talk much”. He smells delicious, like a bird.. I look over at the door and notice the bird that was watching us is now gone. The tension between us rises as he sees that I figured it out, we spend seconds staring at each other.

(Angelica)

As Michael and Crow are having a stare down, I’m look over at Alexa. He name really resembles my brother’s name, which is giving me the sense of wanting to go home. “Excuse me.. But I’m really tired, you said you were gonna show us our room?” She moves her look from the boys over to me as if she just remembered. “Ah right! Your room will actually be right beside ours.” She says and open a nearby door, “Here it is, our room is in this door” She says and point to the room at the end of the hall. “We’re gonna be wall buddies.” She says excited. I look inside the room, it’s small with two beds with small tables beside them, a window in the middle, and what looks like a closet by the side. “If you don’t wanna share a room with a boy, then he can borrow my bed for tonight. But I’m guessing you wanna share it with someone you know.” I slowly nod as I enter the room. “Crow, stop staring at each other” She shouts at them, then she looks at me again, “Ask if there’s anything your wondering about” She says as she walks over to her room. Crow follows her, looking at me with a monotone face while he passes the door. I sit down in one of the beds as Michael walks in, “I don’t like them” he says with a low voice as he closes the door. I look down at my shoos with a smile “I think she’s kind of nice if you ignore all the questions” He stares at me surprised, then he shakes his head and plop down onto the bed on the other side of the room. “you should rest, I’m gonna stay awake incase something or someone happens” He says and drag out his phone. “Gad I’m happy my phone can handle water” he says and take some earbuds into his ear. I stare into the air as I remember Ethan dragging us into water… I drag out my phone and try to turn it on, but it’s dead.. I hope they have a phone here I can borrow tomorrow to call Alex. I lay down onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling.. I really hope he’s doing okey, I don’t know how our father will react when I’m gone. I’m almost his only source of income.. I hope he doesn’t pressure Alex into taking work instead of going to school.. I feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, the headache is pressing my head to give up for the day.

Timeskip 12 hours

Agana’s POV

My eyes sprung open and I sat up so fast, it scared every person that was present in the room. I as well immediately regretted my decision as my head started aching like hell. I groaned and leaned back as I held a hand to my head while looking around.

“Agana!” Claire stuttered out as she hurried over to me. I say ‘hurried’ but it wasn’t really fast as she was dragging a stand of some sort after her. A bag with some blank fluid was hanging on the stand and was going in a tube into her arm. I didn’t think much over it however as I switched my attention to her. Claire. My memories from the eventful last night started flooding in and I started shaking. It hadn’t been a dream. We saved Claire and Lucas. I opened my mouth, but only a sob escaped and before I knew it, I was crying. Claire’s features softened as she gently sat down on the bed before pulling me into a hug. “Shh. It’s okay, I’m here.” She whispered gently and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead.

I’m not really the person to cry, never have been. But now all my muscles were aching, and I'm just so so tired. Both mentally and physically. We probably sat there for a while before I started to calm down. “I’m sorry to interrupt.” A dark voice said making me jump slightly in the bed. My head moved to locate the source of the sound and I saw Lucas over Claire’s shoulder. “Oh my god.” I sobbed out and reached out an arm to him. He smiled slightly as he moved over and joined the embrace. I hugged them both tightly to me and let out a deep sigh.

The door opened making us all move our head towards it. In the door, there was standing a tall, handsome guy with raven black hair. I had the deep gutting feeling of knowing this guy. I quickly realized he was the guy that had saved us from Jude and the soldiers. My whole body tensed up, not leaving unnoticed by Claire and Lucas. “Agana calm down. They saved our lives! They treated our injuries and gave us food.” Lucas said and put his hand carefully on my lower arm. My eyes quickly scanned the guy in the door, before proceeding to scan both Lucas and Claire. Lucas had switched to grey t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Same with Claire. But Lucas thin fingers curling around my arm made me realize what situation they were in.

“No, it’s understandable she has this reaction.” The guy in the door said. “Hi there.” He waved slightly as I looked back at him. “My name’s Jackson. I’m one of the guys that came to pick you up out in that jungle.” He explained to my still suspicious face. He smiled kindly back before continuing, “I understand if you have more questions, and they are going to be answered, but before that, I need you to come with me. We’re all waiting for you three in the meeting room.” He explained and opened the door further, to show two more people with wheelchairs. Probably for me and Claire. Lucas also had that fluid bag strapped to himself, but he seemed able to walk alone.

We agreed to go with him and as suspected as soon as I tried walking, I fell to the floor. I had really pushed myself past my limits the last two days. After Claire and I were placed in the wheelchairs they took us to the elevator, which wasn’t far away from the medical room we had been in. The Jackson guy was walking behind us, making sure Lucas got forward. He seemed nice but I couldn’t trust him. Where were we?

The elevator went downstairs, and I looked worried over to Claire, who gave me a comforting look back. We got pushed out into what I assumed was a lobby or something, before they pushed us further into a big hall. The light from the windows shone in my eyes and glazed the look of the room for a second.

My heart froze as I got to see the room more thoroughly, and I started breathing heavier. This place. It looked so much like… My train of thoughts was interrupted by a hand laying over mine. I snapped my head towards the owner, Claire, who was looking at me as calming as before. “This is not the Facility.” She said calmly and I slowly looked back into the hall. The longer I looked I realized she was right. Now that I wasn’t being blinded by the sun, I could see that the walls were a soft blue colour, not the pure white it had been in the Facility. The furniture and layout were also completely different.

There was also a lot of people. Who was looking at us… I shifted uncomfortably in my wheelchair as they pushed us to the right, towards a door. The sign on the door said “The Oval” whatever that meant. We entered and everyone in the room moved their eyes towards us. I quickly recognized Michael, Angelica, Skye, James and Ethan. They were all sitting by each other, in that order, on the left side of an oval table. Ah, that’s where “The Oval” came from.

On the right side, there was sitting 4 people… and a bird? One was a grey-haired older man who didn’t look like he was in a good mood. Next to him a younger female with brown hair and an exciting look on her face, unlike her sideman. The bird was sitting on the back of her chair. Next to her again sat a ginger female. She was wearing a lab coat and her pretty orange hair was pulled into a ponytail. And she had ears. Okay.

The spot next to her was empty, but after Jackson helped Lucas sit down by Michael he went and claimed the spot himself. He whispered something to the ginger, who rolled her eyes and smiled slightly at him. There was a free spot next to the old guy, at the end of the table, and another one by Jackson.

I and Claire were rolled over, so I sat next to Lucas, while Claire sat at the end of the table, opposite of the empty chair. Closest to Claire there sat yet another guy. His arms had these weird tattoos all over. He gave me odd vibes. This table could fit 16 people it seemed, since two spots were open.

The two people that had helped us with the wheelchairs left the room, leaving it quiet.

3.POV

No one in the room wanted to say something at first. James opened his mouth, ready to say something, but got interrupted by the older man on the other side of the table. “Please wait just a little longer, we’re still missing two of ours.” He said, making James shut his mouth again.

After a while, the door opened again. Everyone, once again, moved their head to look. First in the door came a pink-haired Asian, who looked nothing like he had 12 hours before. Now he looks rested and his skin looked healthy. “Sorry we’re late~,” He said with a grin and moved over to the free spot between Edward and Jackson. Skye tried to hide their looks, but they were drawn to Luca, who noticed the small glances quick enough. He winked discreet at Skye, making them quickly look away, a faint blush on their ears.

People would probably notice the small exchange, but everyone was focused on the woman in the door. She was in her mid-50’s, and by the looks of their faces, everyone on the left side of the table knew who she was. Except for Agana and Claire who both had confused looks on their faces.

“Hello there people, my name is Eliza Harriet. But it seems like you guys already figured out that part.” The lady, Eliza, stated with a tight smile. She moved around the table and sat down by Frederic. “I’m here to explain to you why you’re here.”

Last edited:
The silence filled the room as the group sent looks between them. Eliza Harriet, as in the hostess of the talk show "Evening talks with Harriet"? That was kind of a big deal.

Eliza noticed the worried glances that skipped between the people and she smiled gently before looking over at Michael. "Michael Sallow. I'm good friends with your parents you know." She stated, making Michael sit up more straight. Was his parents a strict topic? Eliza then looked over the rest of the group. " James Cappella, Skye Marello, Ethan Ward, Angelica Minor, Lucas Highwater, Agana and Claire. I'm pleased to have you here. Welcome to lair Ecuador."

"Wait on just a minute." Agana interrupted by slamming her hand into the table, which if her voice didn't gather all the attention, her hand sure did. "You know all of our names. Are you guys the ones that sent the letters?" She asked the question that everyone from the group was thinking right now.

"Ah yes the letters, I heard from your story that was the case this little group met up. I'm sorry to disappoint, however, as I have no clue what these letters are." Eliza answered to Agana's fear. This meant that there was indeed a third party involved. That was worrisome.

"But I will continue the explanation. We are lair Ecuador, one of a few mutant safe camps in this country. This lair has 18 full-time residents, whereas 4 of those are just regular humans, like Jackson and Alexa over here." She said and gestured to the two to provide her point. "We also have 8 human and mutants that come here from time to time, and keeps an eye on the outside world."

"Now, that's a quick introduction to our base. The next one I want to dive into is why you guys are here. You see, we have access to a satellite that orbits over America, and that explosion of yours wasn't hard to pick up on the picture." She noticed how many of them sent looks between them, especially looking at the white-haired male, who in return was just looking at the table when the explosion was mentioned. "I'll need you to fill in details later. Anyways, it wasn't hard spotting the big dragon on the satellite either. We then had our recruit team over here go out and pick you up. With Luca's cloaking ability he can make the chopper so and say invisible."Luca nodded and leaned back in his seat, not having anything to add.

"You still haven't gotten to the point yet though. Why?" Skye was the one to speak up this time. Eliza just smiled patiently in return. "Are you in a hurry? I'm getting there. The reason why the recruiting team picked you up is for that reason simply, to recruit. We try saving as many mutants as we can, while working towards the goal of normalizing mutants again. We want you guys to join us in the cause. We have open bedrooms for those that want to live here, and those who won't we have deals if they even so want to contribute."

The silence was lasting for what seemed forever as Eliza seemed to be done. She then leaned forward and clasped her hands together.

"So, any questions?"

(Micheal)
I straighten my back as my parents are brought up, just them being mentioned is never a good thing. There’s no surprise that she knows them, the question however is if she’s a mutant or a human, and how did she get to know about them. I don’t really like the idea of humans knowing of mutants, there’s a long history in my bloodline where it turned out all messed up cause of one human getting to know about mutants and wanting to be famous. But as every new generation say, we have to think positive about the future, or we may be the one fucking it up. I look over at Eliza as she keeps talking about letters and more, I don’t really quite understand what they are trying to do here. To me it seems like they are collecting mutants and hiding them, which is a good thing don’t get me wrong. But in normalizing mutants seems a bit.... Impossible? Eider way, I think it’s all gonna lead to a major uplift in the experiment and not understanding subject to uncover mutants for most humans.
“How can we contribute?” Angelica asks after a long silence struck the room

Eliza looked at her with curiosity. This was the healer Piper spoke of? She was surprisingly... different from what she expected. Eliza put up a smile and nodded. "Well, there are different levels of contributions. Whatever you feel comfortable doing, like any help at all, is more than welcome. We have a lot of mutants that live all over the country. Some support us with money, some support us with services and jobs, homes for other mutants, refugees. I will give you all the time to think about how, and if you want to help us. You can of course stay here as long as you want too, and you get access to both computers and phones. I just needed to talk to all of you to make you understand what we're doing here, and that under no circumstance can this place, or this organization, come out among the world. If anything leaks, it will affect over a thousand mutant's lives."

That last statement made the group look at her in shock. How big was this? Over a thousand mutants?! The group then looked between themselves. "Could we maybe... Get the room for ourselves? And discuss some things." James was the first one to speak up, as he knew they would have to talk about what to do next.

Eliza smiled at him before standing up. Everyone on her right side did as well. "Of course. And just so you know James, you can get help here to control your abilities, if you want too." She added before heading for the door. James looked after her in shock, taking in what she was really saying. He could... get control over his flames? When he snapped out of it he realized that the room had cleared, except for their little group of course. James took a quick look at every one. Agana still looked like she hadn't slept for 2 weeks straight. Claire and Lucas, now that he finally got to take a good uninterrupted look at them, seemed underfed and like a couple of skeletons. The burn marks on Lucas took his attention a little extra, and the shame lit up in him. The burns made his look move over to Skye, who was looking at the table, probably thinking about this whole situation as well. His gaze quickly went over Angelica and Michael as well, before landing on Ethan, who he noticed was looking at him too. They looked at each other for a bit before James coughed slightly into his hand, bringing the attention to him.

"So, what are you guys going to do?"

Agana, Claire, and Lucas looked between each other before nodding simultaneously. "We're going to stay here for now. At least until all three of us is better." Lucas said and looked back at James. "What about you?" James opened his mouth to reply before closing it again. "I'm not sure yet..." He moved his gaze at the table, as he didn't want to look at anyone right now. "If I can get control over my flames that is something I have always wanted.. And except for my family there aren't anything that keeps me in New York... " He started before interrupting himself. Unless. He looked at Ethan and tilted his head slightly. "What are you going to do?"

While waiting for his answer the door opened once again, and Eliza and the group came inside again, sitting down in their spots.

Last edited:
(Ethan)
I look up at James; That was the question of the day wasn’t it? what we would do now. Honestly, I would rather leave everything and go back to my boring simple life. But again, my mind wants to stay, it wants to explore everything with James, even tho I dislike most of the people here. I slightly shrug and open my mouth to reply, but Michael interrupts me. “Wouldn’t you rather disrepair from the surface of the earth?” he says with laughter in his voice, to mock my personality, or at least that’s what it seems like to me. I look at him a bit mad, “Yea, you would like that wouldn’t you? You wouldn’t have to be such a scared cat if I did.” I say with a strong tone back to him, obviously pointing out that my powers make him terrified. He gets a sour expression and shifts in his chair. “Well if you used your powers for others and not only you, then maybe you would gain something out from it, except from everyone hating you” He says back. I stare at him, then I look down at my hands again. It doesn’t make sense what he says, and I won’t let it get to me because I honestly don’t care what people think. But gad he’s annoying. I look up at James again, “I don’t know, I may leave, I’m obviously not wanted here” I say and look back at Michael before I put in my earbuds in. He rolls his eyes and takes his phone out from his pocket, mimicing the word dramatic as he taps on his messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back