• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Thesta Penitentiary For The Wicked - Recruitment [CURRENTLY OPEN]

KasperXIII

Sworn To A Great Divide
Hello people of RPN!

So this isn't a brand-new roleplay that I'm looking for interested members to join; actually, we are currently not accepting new characters to be added on. However, due to incidents among our group in which members have vanished without a trace, lost interest entirely, or decided to go on hiatus, we are left with a situation in which we ended up with four characters of major story significance that we can't just kill off or neglect, all left without their creators, and their absence can and will stagnate any and all progress in the story.

Our options are that one of us assumes the roles, or we recruit from outside to assume at least a few of the roles, which is the purpose of this thread.

So what is this RP? (A link to the basics of the RP, for those looking for details: Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked )
Thesta Penitentiary is a fictional prison created to house and rehabilitate the most dangerous of 'gifted' criminals of the world and beyond while other facilities cannot. Created by former inspector and current businessman Edward Brookes, the prison boasts a foolproof security system that has prevented any attempt at an escape on the frigid, modern-fantasy wasteland of Thesta. However, one-year inmate/mind-reader Jasper Bent has devised a plan to put that 'foolproof security' theory to the test in a cunning escape plan to make himself a free man once again. He must acquire the help of his other mystical and skilled prison associates and foes while keeping the lid on things himself amongst prison drama and a newly-created bond he's developed with the Warden himself. This RP follows the steps to this escape plan, as well as the guards who run it and their own antics.

That's the deal in short. You may read a more detailed description in the link above, and I highly recommend you do so you have a good grip about the ins and outs of the facility and protocol, and if the RP interests you as a whole to begin with, because that description was rather brief. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask; contact info will be provided below.

Interested? Great! Sadly, as stated before, we are not recruiting, as we are content with the inmate and guard count as is. There are four characters that need a volunteer from the audience (i.e., you guys) to assume the role of and keep as in character as possible. Here's the character sheet page to keep this starter short and sweet, but you can find each of the characters in the thread here: Fantasy - [CLOSED] Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [CHARACTERS]
Soo.... who do we need covered?
1. Calder Zhukov (I've assumed him for now but I can pass him down if anyone wants) [Guard/Chaplain]
2. Cahone Pyrite [Inmate]
3. Jason Spark [Guard]
4. Valka Felvon (Still unknown if this character will be made available, I need confirmation (or lack thereof) that the owner is out or in) [Guard]

Read up their CS's, familiarize yourself with them as best as you can, then we will talk.

So, some basic stuff that I know I'll get asked:

1. Do note that if you're interested, you do not have to assume every single character - if you can do even one, that'd be a huge help.
2. The RP... is mixed in terms of nature. Some people are posting 1 or 2 liners, some are going big or going home. I'm being very lenient about it, so I won't ask for a writing sample. The only trial you'll go through is probably a post or two of you writing for the character in question, and seeing how it goes through there. Think of it like a trial basis to decide upon the future. (FIRST COME FIRST SERVE)
3. As a followup... I don't care if you post 1 liners or 50 pages, PLEASE post regularly to keep the RP going and don't just disappear on us. We kept getting stalled because of disappearing acts like I've mentioned before, and I'd like for that not to happen as much anymore.
4. Keep in touch with me, the co-GM, and the rest of us. We have a discord server (which I highly recommend you join if you're accepted) to ensure a solid form of contact and some good times among the group. I will link you there if you're accepted.
5. Stay as in character as possible, though 100% is impossible and the characters aren't my own, no one's gonna knock you over a few blurred lines. I won't require much of you besides a short term provisional trial for a few posts as the character to judge how you do.
6. You will be apprised about all the events in the RP, both related to you and not, so if you don't have the patience to read the entire roleplay, then you never have to.
7. Please DM me on RPN or Discord (Kasper#3796) telling me about your interest, and which character you are interested in assuming. I live in the GMT+2 timezone, so if I don't reply to any of you Americans, it's probably because I'm asleep. :P Obviously, if you have any questions, that very contact information serves that purpose to get in touch with me ASAP.
8. WE DON'T BITE xD Hopping into a group already in the mood might seem overwhelming but we will help bring you up to speed if you wish to fulfill this undertaking for us. We are a chill bunch anyway, so no need to be shy.

I hope this RP, though in-progress, can garner some assistance in its hour of need. Peace, RPNers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back