• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern There’s Something Wrong with this Town…

DamnTheStyx

Local Ferrywoman
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There’s something seriously wrong with the town of Black Hollow.
It’s a cold little town, between the middle of nowhere and oblivion, out in Ontario with a population around 11,000 people.
The town’s always been just slightly… off.
There’s slightly more abandoned buildings then anywhere else, just enough to be noticeable. The old mega mall that used to be the commercial hub is long dead, a poorly gated-off husk of uncanny empty shopfronts. Outside of town, most dirt paths will lead you alongside one abandoned shack or another, like the mostly intact one that the town’s teens use as the hangout spot to drink and party. There’s ever so slightly more missing persons cases then your average town, but somehow has managed to stay under the radar. There’s always one or two rumors about some antisocial lunatic living in the woods communing with demons, but they’re more often then not dismissed. The most interesting thing is despite not being directly on a fault line, the town has minor tremors once or twice a year. Most people just blame it on the old mines that got shut down well before most people alive in the town were born.

The year is 1986.
The tremors have been getting worse.
People have reported seeing inhuman shapes sprinting through the woods at night.
And now, bodies have started to pile up.
And now, two unfortunate souls find themselves directly tied to the whole affair.

Howdy!
I’m after a rural horror roleplay, sort of a mix between Trevor Henderson and Stranger Things. In short, the two characters are forced together due to unfortunate circumstance and find themselves inexorably linked to the unraveling of the town. They have to try to keep everything together, try to stop whoever is causing this, before the entire town is consumed. Who knows what could be next…

I’m not after a completely doom and gloom affair, and I welcome bits of humor and even romance if we feel so inclined. When the monsters come out, though, I will do my best to provide unsettling descriptions. You are more then welcome to help direct the story as well, and I hope we can build a mutually satisfying tale.

Some ground rules
  • No one-liners, please. I would like to try to push out multiple paragraphs if I can, and I’d appreciate if you’d try to mirror me.
  • If you’re going to leave me, then I’d more then appreciate a heads up. I don’t like being ghosted, but I can cope if it’s required.
  • I enjoy OOC chatter, discussing bits about the world, or even making stuff like playlists.
  • Please have your character be of age. I’d rather not off a child if I can help it.
  • Do come with some ideas for some fucked-up monsters. I welcome a bit of the macabre.
  • Also, please make sure to DM me if you’re interested. I’d rather not mistake your interest for a bland alert.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back