• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom the world(s) we knew [jord's partner search]

benny gecko

ring-a-ding-ding
Ih8VCU6.png

Call me Jord, since that's my name! I'm a twenty-something university student just released for summer break (you know, party time), so I'm looking to start some things with some people. I'm looking for a few specific things, but we can get to that in a minute. First, I should tell you a little about me and what you can expect from me as a partner. I keep some weird hours in the summer (CST/GMT-5), so sometimes up well into the morning and other times asleep by 8PMm(so I might not always be around to chat, but I try to aim for at least two significant replies a day, if not more). I really like OOC chatting, though, so when I am around, I can talk up a storm. I just really like making friends!

I don't have any one set writing style, since I think switching up and trying new things is the best way to get better. That being said, I tend to default into third-person, past tense since that's what most people seem to prefer! Depending on the reply schedule/routine we establish, my replies vary in length. If we've got a slower schedule (which isn't any problem!) then I tend to write fairly lengthy replies; if we tend to shoot them back and forth quickly, then they shorten and get a little more action-oriented.

Honestly, I like to think I'm very relaxed. I genuinely think roleplay is collaborative, so I'm not really here to find someone who wants to do exactly what I want; I'm looking for a partner with just as much to contribute as I do. Everything is really flexible, and I think we both just want to have fun, right?

Also, I can't create PMs yet, so if you wanted to chat over PM, you'll have to message me first!

3wWFpOh.png

I'd be most comfortable if my partner were 20+, but as long as you're not younger than 18 then I think we'll be okay! My partner, again, would need to be willing to collaborate with me to add to the universe/setting/plot and make it both of ours instead of just mine. I tend to get pretty excitable, so whoever might answer this ad might need to deal with someone who talks a lot (but maybe you want someone who talks a lot, so it might work out!).

I'm comfortable playing over email and Discord, so whichever you prefer is absolutely fine. I won't play over GoogleDocs, Kik, or honestly anything else, just because I forget to check them (whereas Discord and Gmail are both on my phone and I use them all day, every day).

As far as characters go, I genuinely love OC/canon ships, so doubling (at the very least) is a default for me; I don't focus on a single character as my "main" character, and I would love if my partner didn't either. In fact, I love big casts of characters, even if not every character has the exact same amount of focus every post or isn't set up for shipping. Basically, I like writing whole stories, not just character arcs.

If all that sounds copacetic, then we can jump right into the fandoms and plot ideas I've got on the top of my head!

vUTTrdc.png

Here are some baseline ideas I leaning toward, the fandoms I like! I have more fully-formed ideas but I don't want to throw my things at you and make this all about me right off the bat (throwing things right off the bat, that is; I don't have any intention of making it all about me at any point). If you want, you can totally get me to spill the beans about the plots I've come up with, but trust that I'm gonna want to hear what you have, too!

Right now, I'm very interested in Fallout, and the idea I'm focused on there is my Courier Six travelling east to meet up with your Sole Survivior; what their story is would be entirely up to you (whether you wanted to follow the canon in 4, with Nate and Nora)! I'd like to see companions and characters from both games, along with other OCs, but in terms of who, what, where and why— that's something we can figure out together.

I'd also be interested in Star Wars, somewhere between the end of III and the beginning of VII; I've always been interested in the fledgling days of the Rebellion, so that could be really fun to explore! It could be largely OC, but seeing some canon characters like Obi-Wan and Boba Fett would be neat! We could also explore the other side, the newly formed Empire! Honestly, just something in those sort of murky days would be really fun.

Star Trek is also a love of mine, and if you wanted to play a Bones or Spock against a Kirk (genderbent or otherwise), then I might actually love you forever. I have a few plots in mind for this, but they're completely flexible so let me know what you like and where you want to go. We could also change a few canon events and play out slight AUs from the nuTrek universe.

Finally, I could be persuaded into Marvel/DC, both cinematic and comic books. I don't necessarily have any specific ideas other than a few for characters, but I'm entirely sure we could work something out! I'm willing to play any canon for you, so long as you're willing to do the same!

87vJbZw.png

email: jad0030@uah.edu
Discord: artificial peach flavoring#0362

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, you had me hooked at having Benny as your profile picture. I’m a big Fallout fan, and your idea sounds crazy interesting - I’d love to see if we could do something with it if you’re down! (Also, I’d PM you, but I can’t create PMs yet either, ha.)

I’m still looking for partners, and I’ve been asked about things like TWD and Naruto, which I’m both into, so don’t be shy!! I want to write with you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back