• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of Yrin

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Myremon cocked his head to the side. "One thousand gold coins... It's a wonder nobody accepted this quest..." Marissa raised a hand, getting the attention of the wraith. "Well, Myremon, you see, there were a myriad of adventurers seeking this reward, but... The ones who returned deemed it lost. Nobody actually want to complete for some reason or other. A lot of them were just like her," She pointed at Veronica and her greedy eyes. "But all of them returned unsuccessfully." Myremon shook his head. "I see. This might be too dangerous for us in our current state. I won't go against the majority, but I particularly vote for resuming our travels towards the mainland as soon as possible. We already have enough money to get us a decent enough boat from Owca. That being said, I'm curious as to why the turnover rate of this particular mission is so high."

Lily Ylva
Nier - 13th Day​
"You're right Ron-Ron!" Lily exclaimed, rushing toward the girl and placing a hand over her astonished face. "Our effort are worth at least...!" The foxling seemed to pause for a moment, her excited expression staring upward in a deep thought. "Fifteen hundred!" She exclaimed with a short giggle, looking back over toward Myremon with a nod. "Uh-huh, dangerous, we'll need some gold for supplies first!"

Lily glanced toward their 'customers', before staring toward Myremon at his comment. "Hushushush!" She lightly barked toward the wraith. "We ain't gettin' nowhere without supplies!" Lily finished with a sly grin.

The old man had a fearful look on his face "N-No no no no! It's not dangerous! Not at all! Please! I-" He stopped for a moment to breathe and calm down. "Please...it's my granddaughter. I want you to find my granddaughter. M-Miss, go you lead me to the missing board?" Marissa grabbed his shoulder and helped him walk over to a rather big board, with a lot of photos of different people on it. "This is the missing person's board. Adventurers or people who have disappeared go here, but there's another way someone can be classified as missing." She said, pointing to their guild necklace. "Those are made of very strong material. If they were to be broken, they release a magical signal that alerts us that it's been destroyed. If we don't hear from the adventurer within the estimated time of completion of their quest, they're classified as missing."

The board was rather massive, showing that, unfortunately, many people have gone missing. Most looked like average adventurers, however some did stand out. The photos of Joseph, Alma, Drake, Lance, Elena, Sisilia, Ion, Celestia, Xaz and Luna are on there. However, 3 photos stood out in particular. The photos of Rena and the red-haired swordsman and white-haired mage that were seen with her when they last saw her.

Marissa grabbed one of the photos and showed it to the heroes. "This is Elyssa Lockhart. She went missing over two years ago. She was taken away in the attack of Grenahrd. Everyone who was taken has never been found, which is why many adventurers have declined/abandoned this quest."

"B-But please, I'm certain you can find her! She's out there somewhere!"

Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Last edited:
Myremon Seonag

Myremon followed Marissa and the blind man to the Missing Board. He didn't even remember about that until now, since they were in the place a long time ago. "I remember how the badge works, hence why I was adamant in retrieving it. They stole mine, deliberately, when they captured me. I guess they learned the lesson. So, where's your daug-" Myremon froze in his tracks when looking at the board. The faces of their friends, along with their pictures, felt like a punch to his face. Emotions swelled inside him. Sorrow, anger, desperation. The will of doing something, but the incapacity of actually doing it. He struck is staff on the ground, the sound of gritting bone coming from inside the mask. "Damn you... Sylvia..." He struck the staff on the ground three more times, trying to calm himself down.

He took a deep breath, shaking his head. Looking to the side, he saw the adventurers who made fun of him half up from their seats, their hands cautiously hovering over their weapons. He turned his gaze back to the board, looking at the other faces. "Rena and her group is also missing..." He kept on looking to see if anyone else caught his gaze when a paper stuck behind some others between the multitude of papers. He grabbed the paper, yanking it from the board, and saw his own face staring back at him. His old face. He grasped the paper firmly, crumpling a part of it, then handed it to Marissa. "I'm not disappeared anymore."

Myremon turned to his group. "We already have a lead. Grenahrd is the best option to start the search. I'll probably find the laboratory that twisted me into this if we follow this trail. I... have a score to settle to the master of that laboratory, so I'm more than prepared to die. You are free to deny and stay in this city, I won't hold you accountable. But I will go. Even if it kills me." The blind man grasped his walking staff in front of him, bowing. "Thank you, adventurer, thank you..." was all he could say, the ragged but well kept robes swaying lightly, following the hiccups of his cries.

Last edited:
Lily Ylva
Nier - 13th Day​
"She's probably dead." The foxling carelessly told the old man, a small smile scowling her face. Lily placed a hand to her chin, her head slanting to the side. The reward was large enough to help them trough some hard times to come, but how many companions was she willing to lose to... *THUD*... "Myremon?" An almost concerned expression peered through Lily's upbeat demeanour as she stared back toward the wraith, who was clearly hit hard by those missing before him.

As the wraith continued, Lily's eyes began to light up like lasers were about to blast from their core. "Laboratory?" The half-human questioned in the closest thing to a whisper she could muster, the intrigue of it plastered across the soft fur of her face. "Yaaaay! Let's get ready to go!" Lily agreed with overwhelming excitement, body hopping in place uncontrollably, her short pendulum head bobbing in a frantic nod. The things she could find there... The things she could learn.

"No no no! She's still alive, I know it!" The old man had heard that same line many times.

"It's a lost cause, old man"
"She's likely dead, gramps"
"It's a waste of time"

Though he couldn't tell if Lily was with the group. A woman came up and tapped the man on the shoulder, whispering something to him. "Ah...yes." He looked towards where he last heard Myremon's voice and bowed his head. "I must return now. Thank you...Thank you very much for accepting my request. I truly am grateful...Please, if you find her, please come to Grenahrd." With this he left, the woman helping guide him on his way out.

Ash slightly tugged on Myremon's cloak. "Rena is the girl who was at the bar place, right?"

Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella

Myremon Seonag, Shi and Nazzek Minara
Myremon nodded at Ash. "Yes. It's the Oni warrior, the one that fought Nazzek when we first met him." He looked at everyone around him. "I'll accept your help with pleasure. If nobody's against it, I'll spearhead the operation." Marissa sighed, worried. "I'll get the paperwork ready. Don't die, please." She went to the back room, and Myremon rose a little above ground, making sure that everyone around him could see and hear. "I'll accept help from anyone around here. The reward will be split evenly among everyone, so don't worry about payment. You'll also get to keep any spoils that you may encounter. Don't mistake yourselves, this mission will be hard, and I can't guarantee anyone's safety." Shi was the first to raise her hand. "Shi will help! Shi can't fight but Shi can heal!" She said, ecstatically. Nobody else approached or even moved. The group that mocked Myremon looked to the sides or down, afraid of even raising their voices. "...Very well." As he descended, Another figure arrived, raising his two right hands. "I'll help ye too! Although dat's a given, since I told ye I'd help ye in anything, heheh..." Nazzek approached, a big toothy smile plastered in his face. "I paid me tab at the Golden Goblet, now I'm ready to make a new one. So, findin' those disappeared people?" He looked at the board, and saw a familiar face. "Oh crap, it's ta' Oni chick from a few weeks ago. Good thing we have a solid team!" Myremon nodded at him. "Thanks, Nazzek. It's good to have a strong arm by my side." Nazzek guffawed. "Good thing I have four!" He said, flexing his arms. Myremon chuckled, which was a strange thing on the wraith. A haunting sound of ethereal laughter came from the wraith as he shook his head. "We leave at dawn! Get your things at the ready!"

Last edited:
Lily Ylva
Nier - 13th Day​
Lily shrugged slightly at Myremon, a light smile on her face. "Well, I got no one else, and if the money's as good as it sounds!" The foxling stated with a giggle, as she leapt from her feet, hopping to prepare her bags. "Oooh! Adventure awaits! Imagine what we might find!" She exclaimed as she left toward the market, intent in stocking up on her supplies before heading out into the unknown.

"Very well. I'll go see if I can get my sword sharpened." Veronica lightly smiled and left the guild. She was worried about Rena's safety, but the pure strength and fortitude that she showed the few times she met her in Darkene, when Myremon and Celestia would attempt to beat her, was incredible. She was likely okay, but she didn't know what kind of things were inside that demon laboratory.

Ash, on the other hand, stayed next to Myremon, oblivious to what she should do next. She looked around, looking at some of the other adventurers. Most of the were doing their own thing, but those who noticed narrowed their eyes at her. Ash looked very familiar, but due to her big jacket, they couldn't tell exactly why.

Looking at Ash, who seemed to not know what to do, Myremon suggested that they should see if they can find some armour for her, as the only "protection" she had was a jacket. She agreed, and they left the guild, going towards the armoursmith.

At night, they decided to return to the Golden Spoon, each for their own reasons. Nazzek decided to stay awake for a bit longer, grabbing a mug of ale from the fiery bartender. The bar was empty, the joyful people absent from the deserted tables. Nazzek surveyed the environment, his only company, aside from his server was a person on the other side of the bar. The woman was concealed by a hood, but Nazzek knew that she was staring at him. Nazzek raised an eyebrow, and turned to the bartender. "Oi, fire 'ead", Nazzek said, already slurring his speech a little. "Whassup with the lack of people on dis joint?" The bartender shrugged, his low voice almost reverberating on the empty hall. "A big quest on Llyn. The Adventurer's Guild called a lot of people." Nazzek nodded, resuming his ale, trying to pay no mind to the stare on his back.

Day 14

After the heroes got their items ready, they met up at the entrance of Nier, ready to depart on their journey. Veronica's sword was noticeably cleaner and shinier, with the blade sharpened. Her backpack looked much less heavier, as she left some items at the inn that weren't necessary to carry around everywhere. Ash was wearing some leather armor on her body. It was rather hard to find armour for her, as there weren't many armour shops that sold armour that fit children.

Myremon Seonag, Shi and Nazzek Minara

Myremon was the first to get up. He was eager to set on the road, and passed the night with protection rituals using his censer. When the morning came, he was already waiting for the group in the entrance of the fortress city. Nazzek however, was a mess. Like every day after a night of drinking, he was nursing a terrible headache and nausea. Finally, Shi kept trying to read the children's book Myremon gave her, but with some difficulty. She struggled with some words, but kept to herself, not wanting to bother Myremon. As soon as Nazzek arrived, Shi placed a hand on his shoulder. After a while, Nazzek's hangover was completely cured. "Shi doesn't like when Nazzek drinks that thing... Makes him all sad and hurting." Nazzek only laughed and continued, meeting Myremon at the gates. The day was surprisingly clear, without clouds in the sky to hinder the travel. All it remained is for them to set foot on the road and start their quest.

Lily Ylva
Nier - 13th Day​
Lily spent most of her night scouring the city for what ingredients she could, she was close to a breakthrough, the half-human could feel it. Returning to the Golden Spoon, she set up her alchemical equipment once more. The portable setup was definitely more finicky than a permanent one, but a beastkin on the move rarely had such a choice.

14th Day​
"Hmm?" Lily's eyes slowly opened, her body having fallen asleep part way through an experiment, to witness quite the sight before her. "Waaaa! No, no, no, no!" The foxling leapt to her feat, her concoction bubbling over from the top rapidly, gradually leaking into the vial below. Quickly, she pulled the vial aside with her gloved hand, though she couldn't help some of the foamy substance from landing on her arm, with seemingly no effect. After cleaning and packing the equipment, Lily stared into the vial. it would be prudent to chuck it out, it was of no use after such contamination, and yet... The sight of the shining red liquid was something in itself.

"Ready to go, friends!?" Lily shouted as she leapt toward the others at the gate, an excited grin plastering her face.

"Yep!" Ash was kind of excited. This was the first time wearing armor, and it felt really cool. She'd probably be able to take on a bunch of enemies now!

And so, the heroes departed from Nier, onwards to the demonic laboratory. According to the guild lady, it would take around twelve hours to get there on foot, so they would likely arrive there at night. The path towards the location of the laboratory was uneventful, mostly, with only a few encounters with a stray imp or goblin. Besides that, it was relatively calm, with them being able to enjoy the rather beautiful scenery of the plains. The soft, short grass, untainted by the corruption that infects the world, the blooming flowers and the small forest in the distance.

During their journey, Ash was the one who was at the front of the group, unable to contain her excitement for the quest. With her new armor and determination to help people, she was looking forward to helping Rena and her group. However, as they got closer and closer to their destination, she began feeling tired. Obviously, her excitement would cause her to become tired quicker than the others, however it felt completely abnormal. At one point she paused to catch her breath. "Ash, you okay?" Veronica asked, stopping for a moment to look back at Ash. "Yeah, yeah! I'm okay, just got a bit tired from running so much" She replied, looking up at Veronica. She nodded and continued, with Ash catching up a few seconds after.

A few minutes later, however, her skin began to go slowly go pale, and within seconds her vision darkened, as if she was going to pass out. "G-Guys..." Ash weakly said, taking a few more steps before collapsing onto the grass below. "I...I don't feel so good..." She extended her arm, wanting to grab someone's hand as her vision wavered, bouts of darkness clouding and clearing her vision.

Last edited:
Myremon was, like always, stalwart in his travel. Ever vigilant, he often would fly up above to survey the environment, see if anyone would sneak up on them. Nazzek tagged side by side with the brunt of the group: Lily, Shi and Veronica, to better protect the people. The six maintained a good march, meaning they would reach the laboratory in no time. However, Ash started to lag behind. Myremon lagged behind with her, to take care of the girl. She dismissed it as just exhaustion from running, but Myremon felt something else. Maybe it was her, maybe it was the air, but he was growing antsy. Something was wrong.

His concerns struck true when Ash collapsed on the floor, babbling incoherently. Myremon scooped her up from the dirt and rested her near a tree. "She's burning..." He said. Shi was the first to step forward. "Shi will help!" She said, then rested a hand on the girl's head. As if she struck electricity, she jumped back, hissing. "Not good! Some thing not good!" She exclaimed, and Myremon grew even more restless. He examined her, and his concerns grew even more: The scar on Ash's back was glowing a wicked purple. "The curse..." Myremon rose from the ground, quickly gathering his things. "There's something ahead that's emitting a strong aura of corruption. I'm faster, I'll go on ahead. You stabilize Ash, and tag along as soon as possible." Without another word, he flew in in his maximum speed, towards the source of corruption.

Last edited:
Lily Ylva
Nier - 14th Day​
Skipping alongside Nazzek, her oversized bag slung over her shoulders, Lily whistled an upbeat tune throughout their travels, taking note of any interesting sight nearby in a less than modest manner, making sure to collect any reagents she could.

Head cocked to one side, Lily gazed down toward Ash inquisitively as she began to collapse. "Interesting..." She murmured at the commotion, placing a hand to her soft, furred chin as she observed the small demon. "It doesn't look like your standard dehydration, must be more than just that oversized plate covering you!" The foxling giggled, staring down toward the girl as Shi rushed over to her. As the creature jumped back from Ash, Lily's eyes widened, almost amused. As the wraith mentioned a curse, Lily too lowered herself to observe the youngling, watching in amazement as Myremon rushed ahead. "This magic is amazing, nothing like you'd find in Darkene." She commented, her finger drawing closer to the mark, nearly brushing it.

"I need to see what this is!" Lily suddenly yelped, her body shooting up like a rocket, her bags dropping with the sound of heavy glass clanking within, her legs rushing off to follow the wraiths trail. Gradually, her frame lent forward, using her paws to assist in her movement, though she still heavily lagged behind Myremon.

"H-hey, Woah, Hey! Lily, wait, don't lea-" Veronica stopped mid-sentence as Lily was too far away to hear her. She sighed and looked at Ash, who was breathing heavily on the ground. She was hoping Lily may know something that can help her, as Veronica only had minimal knowledge of alchemy, but then she had an idea. "Hold on, Ash" Veronica said, as she quickly dropped her backpack on the ground, taking out a small white sphere. "Saia" She quickly muttered as she threw the small sphere to her side. It created a big puff of smoke which quickly dissipated, revealing a small desk with some potions on it. She took a quick look and grabbed a small bottle with cyan liquid contained inside. "Ash, please, drink this." She brought the small bottle up to Ash's mouth. Ash opened one eye and drank the cyan liquid. After a few seconds, the pain she felt was alleviated a bit, but it still hurt.

As Myremon flew forward, he could feel the source of corruption get stronger and stronger. He had to fly into the forest in order to get close enough to cast a barrier to dispel it. It was a mostly empty forest, with only a few rabbits rummaging through the bushes and birds sitting atop of branch. As he got closer to the source, the forest became more withered. The trees lost their leaves and all the vegetation in the area was dried up.

Thankfully, he didn't have to venture too inside of the corrupted area, as he reached the point where he could stop the flow of corruption. Myremon gritted his teeth at the wave of foul magic that hit him. He knew full well that it was something in the forest that was doing that to Ash, and he dreaded the possible consequences of that curse. The withering seemed on par with what he'd seen in other corrupted places, as he grabbed his censer, murmuring an incantation of dispelling. He was aware, however, that he could be attacked any second, so he kept his staff in his other hand.

However, he was able to continue the spell without interruption. As he finished up the incantation of dispelling, the corruption became more visible until it seemed to shatter, dissipating into the air. Myremon could no longer sense any trace left of the waves. As Myremon was about to turn back, he saw a quick bolt strike the ground before him, and before he could react a sudden blast of fire erupted in front of him, disappearing within seconds. He could tell that the strike came from the trees, and that the spell had enough power to kill. Something, or someone, was attempting to kill him.

Myremon shook his head, raising his staff. "The barrier has been broken. If you were its guardian, then your task already failed. Return at once or die defending what you have already lost." he said, preparing a bolt of dark magic. The thing that attacked him only responded with a giggle as he finished what he said, revealing that assailant was female. Another bolt was fired at him, however it seemed to have some strands of corruption surrounding it. Myremon casted a counterspell, the bolt fizzled in mid air, barely reaching Myremon. "You either show yourself like a proper warrior or leave. I do not want to fight, but I will defend myself if needed."

The woman within the trees seemed to erupt into laughter, calming down within a few seconds. "My my, a filthy wraith talking about being a proper warrior? Do you even know what that is?" She asked in a mocking tone.

Myremon could see movement from the trees as the woman seemingly moved towards him, the trees obscuring her figure until she stood on a high tree branch, looking down at Myremon, which allowed him to get a clear view of her face, and when he did he was shocked.

It was Elyssa. There was no mistaking it. She looked exactly like the photo, albeit with longer hair and darker eyes. She briefly dropped down, grabbing onto a branch and swinging down. Elyssa landed softly on the ground, the sole of her black shoes making an almost imperceptible sound. Myremon did a once over, trying to discern her appearance. The dark purple, thigh-high socks concealed her fair-skinned legs, and the equally purple shorts complemented the look. The white, adorned shirt was surprisingly pristine, given the location, and the frilly straps on her small shoulders made Myremon think if she was a child.

The sleeves on her arms were nothing else but decoration, too, too thin to provide heat and too loose to conceal anything. She had a necklace that Myremon found curious, as if two rectangles were joined together to make a new shape. Finally, Myremon set upon her face, and the first thing he noticed was her eyes, staring back at him. She had a mischievous smile on her face, and her cheeks were reddened, probably because of the scrutinizing stare of the wraith. Her blonde hair was loose, concealing her ears, which made Myremon wonder if she was human at all. Of one thing he was certain: Her light purple eyes and traditional hat betrayed her arcane capabilities. She cocked her hair to the side and placed a hand on her hip.

"Ready to die, wraith? Too bad-" She didn't give him time to finish before firing another bolt at him. This time there was power behind it, which wouldn't be so easily dispelled. Myremon gritted his teeth and cast a quick barrier, but it wasn't enough to take the rough part of the spell. The missing girl was corrupted, that wasn't a surprise to Myremon. He flew a few meters back, stopping short of hitting a tree, and swarmed the woman with concussive bolts, while attempting to send a message to the group. "Found Elyssa. Corrupted. Fighting her right now."

Elyssa paused for a moment before giggling and asked. "Oh me, oh my. You know my name? Did the succubus send you to kill me? Too bad, I've already killed hundreds of your filthy kind before. You're just another bad guy." She seems to have heard his message to the others. With that, she sent a flurry of spells towards him, ranging from curses, projectile and eruptions from the below him.

Last edited:
Lily Ylva
Nier - 14th Day​
The foxling's ears peaked as Myremon's message flowed through her mind, her pace not faltering as she rushed toward where he had drifted. "Elssa?" Lily though to herself in amusement. The name was familiar, and if she were corrupted with the capability to take on the wraith, who knew what potential her body possessed.

It wasn't hard to trak them, the sounds of bolts of concussive energy smashing against more spells drew Lily's attention, allowing her to quickly creep behind the girl's position, though the stray bolts of Myremon's magic were hardly something to take lightly. A small smile crept on the beastkin's face as she readied a dart from the shadows. As she stared closer however, she noticed something strange about the girl... Though she paid it little mind as she let out a strong puff of air through her blowgun, readying more shots of tranq-darts in an attempt to quickly put her down... And to help Myremon of course.

Once Myremon stopped the flow of corruption from reaching them, Ash's symptoms began fading away. Her skin tone went back to normal, and she wasn't in pain anymore. "....Ahhh...I feel better..." She tried to stand up but fell over, Veronica catching her as to not have her hit the ground. "Hold on there, Ash. Wait a few minutes, let the symptoms completely go away and regain your strength." As she was saying that, they received Myremon's telepathic message. "W-Wait, he found Elyssa??? I didn't expect we'd find her so fast." She stood up and gathered her items. "I'll go on ahead, Nazzek, Shi, Take care of Ash for a few minutes and once she feels better, catch up." She went on ahead, running towards the forest.

Although Myremon wasn't being completely overwhelmed, it was still hard to retaliate against the volley of spells that Elyssa threw at him, lest he risks taking heavy damage. "You're awfully defensive for a Wraith. Most of you just charged straight it. It-heh-was kinda funny seeing it happen." She didn't let up until she felt a weak pinch in the back of her neck. "Hmm?" The wave of spells stopped, however, one of the spells left black flames on the ground near Myremon. She reached up to her neck and took out whatever it was that had stung her, which was a dart coated with a sort of liquid. "My, my..." She turned her head, looking over her shoulder. She smiled and look straight at Lily. "You didn't think this would stop me, would you? You yourselves made sure of that~" She giggled and fired one straight blast of black flames towards Lily.

Last edited:
Myremon didn't wait. A swift motion with his staff and the familiar chains of his spell erupted from the ground up, aiming to restrain the corrupted girl. His free hand was swinging the censer lightly, trying to ward off any possible curses that her attacks would inflict. "Lily! Her spells are enhanced with curses! Do not get hit, and use something stronger! We need to restrain her properly so I can purify her!" He shouted, repeating the chains over and over again, whenever they broke off.

--

Shi nodded at Veronica, and rested Ash's head on her lap. "Ash hurt, will not run." She placed a hand on Ash's forehead and dived on her body, healing them from the inside out. Nazzek had his weapons brandished, wary. "Gods damn it, we need ta get outta here! We're in the middle of enemy territory! Gaaah, I wanna slice somethin'!" He said, pacing back and forth.

Lily's eyes widened at the sudden project of black flame. "Eep!" She yelled slightly as she leapt out of its path, avoiding the ball of flame, but having the remnants of it catch her tail alight. "Ow ow hot hot!" Slight giggles escaped the foxling as she patted it down to die the flames. "That's some pretty strong stuff yakno! It ain't instant!" She yelled back to Myremon, the look of fear and excitement fresh on her face, this magic was truly interesting.

"Anyway! If we purify her we'll lose all the good bits!" She retorted in her usual glee, with some frustration mixed in. The half-human began to rummage through her tonics "something more powerful, task, maybe a bit of poison would be more help!" She grumbled to herself less than silently, pulling a vile vial of toxin and coating more darts thoroughly before loosing them toward their foe. Her natural agility helped her to avoid the balls of flame, but she definitely didn't see herself keeping up for as long as the sorceress.

"Boop! Woop! nope!" Elyssa burned some of the darts that came at her, ignoring those that actually stuck into her. "Is it just me or did the succubus just not prepare any of you bastards for this? Not that I'm complaining." She asked in no one in particular. As she was more focused on Lily, she didn't notice the chains that were coming towards her. They began to wrap around her legs, beginning to work their way up her body, until they reached up to her neck. "Woah!" She sounded momentarily surprised before the eye on her hat began to glow for a moment before unleashing a shockwave. Upon the waves reaching the chains, they withered away, as did the spells she had flung at Lily once it reached them. At the same time pushing everything else back, causing the darts that were stuck to her to fall onto the ground, and pushing Myremon and Lily back. The eye slowly lost light as it closed its eye.

Just as this happened, Veronica reached them, being momentarily pushed back by the shockwave. "Myremon, what was that?" She asked, looking at the source of the shockwave, before looking down and seeing Elyssa. "That's Elyssa? She looks kind of normal, I thought her body would have been completely corrupted."
Elyssa looked over at Veronica and smiled. "Ooh, a new bad guy appears. Let's start this over, shall we?" She raised one hand towards the wraith and a dark purple magic circle appeared before her, a sinister aura coming off of it. The intense light that came off of it completely changed the lighting of the entire area. A single bolt of corrupted energy was unleashed from the circle, whatever was left of greenery that surrounded the bolt withered away, as it made its way toward Myremon and Veronica

Myremon knew that she was too strong for him to defeat without risking corrupting his body even further, along with risking the lives or sanity of his companions. He used a great deal of mana to conjure a barrier long enough to absorb the attack. It was a gamble, he didn't know if the barrier would hold on for long, if not at all. "She is corrupted. I sense a great deal of corrupt power on her aura. Perhaps we should retreat and regroup." He was holding out the spell, waiting to see if Elyssa would do anything else. "You two, get back, I'll hold out and follow soon after."

Lily Ylva
Nier - 14th Day​
Sure feet leapt forward, another bolt of flame flying from behind her, Lily's grin grew from her own display of prowess, only to look straight back up toward another bolt mere meters from her face, it seemed the sorceress wasn't one to be trifled with, as the foxling's expression soon turned to one of cartoonish shock. Before it could strike however, the spell vanished, though the beads of sweat dripping from Lily's face did not. Her small body soon followed through the shockwave, being thrown back easily onto the ground at the bare roots of a large nearby tree, its shape stricken and dank through its many years of life.

"Gah!" Lily let out a short howl of pain from the fall, her eyes darting back up toward Elyssa, and then to the approaching Veronica. "Ya' don't say!" She shouted up toward Myremon as he shielded the girl. "Hehe! Don't need to tell me twice!" She continued to giggle, and though her body was already fatigued from the short encounter, Lily mustered the energy to limp back out behind Myremon's position with haste. "C'mon!" The foxling smiled up at Veronica, claws digging into her shirt to pull her along. "The witch keeps talking nonsense! Succubi and villains, sounds like some of my... Friends who would 'test' my potions in Darkene" The half-human stammered through belated breaths as she began to flee the scene. "Like she's seein' things!"

Did Elyssa call her a bad guy? Was there some sort of misunderstanding that happened? Veronica's thoughts got interrupted by the bolt of corrupted energy heading their way, shaking the entire ground, the intensity of the light given off of it gave it's surroundings a purple tint to it. "Elyssa, we're not bad guys! We're here to help you!" Veronica shouted, backing away from the bolt. She was ready to run back at a moment's notice, but she needed to see what'd happen.

Elyssa had a twisted smile on her face as she jerked her hand towards the ground, causing the bolt to crash into the ground in front of them, exploding on impact. Myremon's shield managed to protect them from the explosion, with it staying up just long enough to soak up the impact. The area was filled with thick black smoke, soon dissipating into the air, revealing a massive crater where the bolt hit. "Not bad guys you say? What are you doing with a filthy Wraith? What are you then? Tell me please, do tell now, I want to know." She asked, looking at Veronica, then Lily and quickly glancing at Myremon before turning back to Veronica.

When the bolt suddenly exploded, Veronica was completely stunned. She didn't know whether or not the shield would hold up and she wasn't at a safe distance. When Myremon's shield held up just long enough to protect them from the blast, she felt relief, but she could still feel the beads of sweat dripping down her face. Once Elyssa sent them a barrage of questions, Veronica attempted to calm herself down. Blinking a few times and controlling her breathing. "W-We're heroes. From Darkene." She began. "We're here to help stop the corruption. He-" She looked at Myremon for a moment "-is Myremon. He's my friend. He's also from Darkene. He may look like a wraith, but he's human. It was the demons in the world that made him like this. He's not bad."

"Oh really really? Are you perhaps from Sigma, the shit hole near here? Ooooh-" She skipped towards Myremon "are we like friends now? We're totally from the same place, and you want to murder them all too, don't you?" Her eyes sparkled as she looked up at the fatigued Myremon, but there was still a hint of disgust in her tone.

Last edited:
Myremon dispelled the shield as soon as its purpose was fulfilled. He wanted to keep it up, to prevent any surprise attacks from Elyssa, but Veronica was talking it out with the corrupted girl. "Filthy? Look at yourself." He knew that she was too strong for him. He felt the weight of her magic behind her aura, something that seemed familiar... Artificial. He held back, not because he didn't want to purify her, but because he couldn't - He knew when he was outclassed. He sighed. It wasn't her fault, just as it wasn't his, both him and Elyssa were subjects of the master of the laboratory. "Veronica, we must go to the laboratory as fast as possible. We already found Elyssa on her father's request, but there's nothing else we can do. Lily, are you okay, were you hurt? If not, let's move."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back