The World Divided, and Powers Rampant

A small cluster of feathers fall from the sky as a bird flys above the sky of villian city. The feathers black and dark as they flutter down slowly through the wind. A breeze catches the feathers spreading them through out the city. What were they from? In a few moments, a raven is seen flying around in the sky almost magnificentally as if it had always been there. An eerie feeling came to those who was watching it or the ones it was watching. Nothing left its gaze but suddenly it plummeted towards the ground as if it was crashing. The closer it got to the ground, the stranger the bird started to look as if it was changing. It was few feet from the ground below when suddenly a blast of blue energy escaped around it which bathed the ground below. What had happened to the birth or What was happening?

The glow disappeared after a few moments revealng the figure of a man standing where the bird once stood. The blue energy surging around him as the first thing noticable was his green piercing eyes which laid under his raven black/ greyish hair. He stood 6'4 and was 500 Ib but you couldn't tell his weight from his tall lean muscular form. His clothing was unusual to this realm. His whole body except his face and hands was covered by green and yellow armor embraided on the same colored clothing. The markings on the armor clearly stated it was asgardian armor. His green coat covered over it. His fingers twitched around for a few moments as he was getting used to the after effects of transformation. The blue energy went back inside him as he was keeping his strength hidden, but he couldn't help but make an entrance.

The man looked around as he hoped people would have seen him. He knew that this was not Asgard. He had been banished to Midgard by Odin. How he loathed his step-father, but this would give him the chance to be away from the things that he loathed so much. Just maybe he would get to trick his brother. Oh how he loved to cause mischief. He just started smiling as a small chuckle escaped his lips. The laugh became maniacal and sinister. He spoke to himself, not caring if others would hear him. "Finally, I am free of those idiots. Free of the repression of being different. I am Loki Laufeyson. This will be my new play ground."

(I'm sorry Kait but i won't be able to continue our rp. A family member passed away so i will be gone for awhile. Sorry. It was really interesting.)

(( Actually, [MENTION=3411]kinadra[/MENTION] I think I am going to have to drop this too. It really sucks because it's a great idea, but things are starting to get busy at school. I am dropping most of my roleplays, at least the less active ones. It was fun, though!! ))

Jyxter gave a mischievous grin as he watched Jake make his defensive moves and, while they caught him by surprise, easily dodged his bone blades. So he's developing... Interesting... I wonder what else he can do now... I'll have to watch and find out. Just then he heard the girl muttering.. Not sure what to do he launched more blades at Jake and his companion in a massive number. Then he saw a flaming sword appear in her hands that made his eyes bulge. Oh NO. He knew this would be no good. Then she said something much shorter than before and his wings froze up. They literally got so cold he couldn't move the muscles in them. He had to make an emergency landing. So he came to a running stop several yards away from them and conjured a sword of his own. Then he charged.

"Craft the spell in the fire. Weave it well, weave it higher. Weave it now of shining flame, none shall come to hurt or maim. None shall pass the fiery wall, none shall pass, none at all. Protected by the power of three, as Above--So Below, Blessed Be!" Kayla said once more and a large wall of flame appeared, same as before. It blocked the blades that headed her direction. As soon as they seemed to stopped, she dropped the wall of fire, only to see the man charging toward them with a sword in hand. "Not too hapless I see," She called out towards the man as he got closer, a smile on her face, "Good. Good. This wouldn't be fun if you weren't apt at this." Her preferred element was fire, as her blade and firewall showed. She lowered her stance slightly and stared at the man, her blade pointed at him. Kayla wondered slightly if he could see the purple color and pentagrams in her eyes... not that it mattered, but it might freak the man out a bit. "North, South, East, West...Spiders web shall bind him best. East, West, North, South... Holds his limbs and stops his mouth, Seal his eyes and choke his breath, Wrap him 'round with ropes of death!" Spiders en mass came out of the surrounding ruins, as she wobbled lightly, Damn... I'm already so tired... she thought, and grimaced. The spiders would try to bind him with their webs, and there were a lot of them. If it got too serious, she would call them off. Kayla watched silently, still poised in case he came to get her.

haru slowly rose as he woke from a pile of rocks in the ruins. when he stood the first thing that caught his eye was the battle going on in what he called his home. "There are others like me? and i thought i was the only one with these strange abillities..." he said refering to the people fighting. "I wonder what started this? maybe i should ask them, no, id best lay low." after saying that he returned to his pile of rocks and begin to observe the battle a bit more.

Before Jake even had time to react to his attack the girl had recited another incantation and summoned a wall of flame from the ground... and that had already done its psychological damage...... then he watched as his blades just stopped. As if the fire was a solid wall... But he kept charging. He had trained himself not to react to surprises... Or rather his random "at any point one could happen" scraps with Jake had.. Then the wall dropped and she complimented him... in a way... "Most certainly not!" he called mid-run, "Our friend Jake here makes sure of that." She called back at him about how fun-less it would be if he didn't have nerves of steel. But she wasn't done. She muttered something more and spiders started coming from everywhere. The were quick to get to him and started wrapping webs. His wings were still a little cold, though they had thawed. He jumped up and glided just high enough to get over the spiders, and got close enough to his quarry. He threw more blades at Jake to pre-occupy him and swerved to the side putting the girl between Jake and himself. He landed and swung his sword at the girl. Standing this close he could see the purple on black in her eyes... pentagrams???.... no way... she can't be her... CAN SHE??.... If so he was in for a fight indeed... And it better be good because for some reason he felt they had an audience.

"Your friend got away from the spiders," Kayla said as the man glided, "Impressive." She didn't have much time to admire the escaping skills of the man though, before he was swinging his sword at her. Kayla yelped and blocked at the last moment, but it set her off balance slightly. She wasn't very good at doing close combat, but she could at least try to fend him off. Either that or end the fight, but it was still fun.

She saw the surprised look when he saw her eyes, and smirked, pushing against his blade with her own. Kayla spoke in an almost whisper, "What? Surprised?" Kayla pushed off of him and stood a few feet away, her flaming sword stuck into the ground as she leaned on it. "Got any questions?" Kayla said and smiled big, happy someone seemed so startled. She prided herself on her power.

haru then slowly stood as he clenched his fists, "this isnt fair its two on one, and shes a girl! i need to help her, i can let them fight any longer!" after a couple more random outbursts he began to talk himself out of it. "no, no i cant do that. shes much stronger then me, i would just slow her down anyway." haru then sat back down, returning to his pile of rocks once again. he then let out a soft sigh," i hope shell be alright"

Was she flirting??... Seems so... but if I read body language her and Jake have a thing.. I'll just dismiss that. Improbable anyways, probably just a personality quirk. She pushed him away and stepped back, sticking her sword in the ground. Seeing that this girl had ended the scrap kind of disheartened Jyxter, he felt that he had been doing well. Dismissing the scrap he directed his attention to her... At least they could talk. "Uhm.. Well ya see just one... Are you who I think you are??. Kayla?... Like... THE Kayla." He felt stupid sounding so starstruck. Then another question popped into mind. "Well I guess one more... How do you make acquaintances with our good friend JD??"

Kayla bowed dramatically, "In the flesh." She made the sword disappear and stood up straight, smiling, "As for Jake... I met him and was curious about him, because he doesn't have any numbers. An odd trait of mine. A curse more than a blessing." She looked around, sighing in partial boredom, "I am just waiting for my father to die, then I get the top seat. Did you know that bit of info?"

"Indeed" replied Jyxter. He returned her bow but held his body at the 90 degree angle. "Pleasure to meet the future leader. But now you've led me to yet another question." He wondered if he should ask... Or if he should even be holding his bow this way... "Numbers miss??"

Kayla sighed, she hadn't looked until now. She was about to say that she'd rather not, but she did anyways. Her head turned up to look at the numbers. She hated to look. It always depressed her. The numbers were there, but they were spazing out. One moment they would be one number, then another, then another. It was like a strobe light of numbers.

She rubbed her eyes, "Am I broken or something?! What the hell!? Your numbers can't make up their mind... I don't understand..." Kayla was getting really frustrated, "First someone with no numbers, and now one with bipolar ones.... great!" At this point she had turned away from him, staring into the ground in a huff.

At this point, Jyxter erected himself and gave her a very puzzled look. "Uuuuhhmmm....." He really didn't know what to say. He looked above himself and all he saw was the storm grey sky. What is going on?!?! He finally looked at her and asked, "Is this good or bad??... What do the numbers mean?... I apologize for the pushing... I'm just really thirsty for knowledge and not knowing what you're talking about kinda has me edgy." He hadn't really noticed till now but his whole body was shaking.. This really had him going... He felt that if she looked him in the eyes the yin-yang in each would be spinning like those hypnotic spirals you see everywhere. Her reaction really got to him. So he stood there and just looked at her back. Waiting for her to answer, and dumbfounded as to why Jake had been so quiet all this time... Jake was normally quiet, but this... This was different.

(sorry about the time lapse there...been distracted with work and other things, but i have returned!)

After throwing the bone blades at Jyxter his mind just went black. He saw things that didn't make sense to him, burning buildings, familiar buildings. People being chased and hunted down like animals. Just quick flashes in his mind, but one that stuck out, hands, covered in blood. At first he didn't know why that image kept flashing to him, then he realized, those were his hands. His claws were barely visible beneath the blood.

On the outside Jake stands still, motionless, his body taking over his defense blocking Jyxter's simple attacks at him.

Jake comes back to reality with a gasp and looks around, the two had stopped fighting and were just talking. He turns to them and waits patiently.

((http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/the-world-divided-and-powers-rampant.5626/ Here.))

Kayla looked towards Jake, who, until just now, had been like a statue since the fight abruptly ended. She smiled at him, then looked back at Jyxter, sighing inwardly, "Slow down. The numbers are a countdown to your death." She pointed at Jake, "His... are completely gone." Her hand dropped and she just stared right at Jyxter, "Yours, however, are completely screwy. They are all over the damned place. One moment, it looks as though you have a very short time to live... Next, an enormous number pops up."

She shook her head and sighed, biting her lower lip, "This isn't right... something is wrong. Is something wrong with me? Or is something coming that we don't know about..?" Either was a possibility. It could be a sign of weirder things to come, or just a fluke. Kayla hoped to the gods that it was just a fluke.

"I see....." Jyxter was puzzled still, but at least he was calm... Weird how being told that the numbers are my death counter calms me.. But whatever... Now I just need to figure out what's wrong with me that they're... "glitchy??" "So since that seems to be a new encounter I would assume you have no idea what that means." He shifted his weight around a little bit. He looked past her at Jake who seemed to be coming out of a daze. Well this escalated quickly.

She walked around the Ruins. Absorbing the daylight for power. She spotted a minor. She scanned the child with her vision. Her morale was good. A loud scream went through out to ruined city. The sword through her stomach the girl finally died. The robot slashed her body into pieces. Her blade slowly filled up with the red ooze. She walked away strapping the sword to her back. She had killed enough future heroes for one day so her orders are filled.

Kayla jumped at the random scream, and looked at Jyxter and Jake, before dashing out towards the scream. Once there, she saw someone slashed to bits, and a girl sheathing her blade nearby. Kayla walked towards the girl, and tilted her head slightly, "You there, why'd you chop someone up like minced meat? Did they deserve it or something?"

The Cyborg slowly turned her upper body without moving her legs. " I am not authorized to kill you. Please go on before I have to." Her body turned back and she continued walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back