The World Divided, and Powers Rampant

Jet walked around the ruins, not sure of where he could go. He needed his mansion fixed. He needed a job. He was told there was a City of Heroes & a City of Villains. But even after being awake for 6 years he still hadn't left the ruins. In his time, heroes & villains were fictional characters on TV. Even in the ruins he'd seen some pretty weird things. Yet he still would not go out without his scars covered up & his wings hidden. He still, & probably always will, considered himself a freak of nature. He hated having to take public transportation, but as his car had sat untouched for a hundred years it no longer worked.

People stared at him. Even in a place where superpowers were the norm, the humpback guy still stood out amongst the crowd. Perfect. He knew he wasn't going to find work in the ruins. That left him with two choices. He would either have to look in Hero City or Villain City. He sighed. He still wasn't quite sure he was prepared to go to either of them. He wasn't sure if he was prepared for this. What was meant by 'heroes & villains'? Was he going to step off the bus & see Lux Luthor or Wonder Woman?

He tried to weigh his choices. If he went into the City of Villains he could be killed. Or he could be accepted, given his history, which he wasn't sure if he wanted to tell anybody about. But if he went into Hero City, they would have to be nice to him, right? That's what heroes did, they were nice to people, right? But what if they checked his criminal past? Did they even still have his records on file? Was there even a police station anymore? Would he still have to register as a sex offender even though he'd been frozen for a hundred years? He wasn't sure. But just because he was in their city, either city, didn't mean he had to side with any of them.

"Justice League, here I come," he mumbled to himself as he stepped on the bus to Hero's City.

Byron's hand touch the rose and it's color transformed from red to blue fading to purple,with a hint of whit in the middle.The rose represented the personality within the man's mind and body,"Hmph!"He grumpled as Xavier tried his hardest to release himself,but was surpressed by Charles & Byron's efforts once more,causing the rose to mutate a little.Byron Looked at Iron Fist with a smile,"Thanks."He said running away at a speed,normal people couldn't handle or see,and dropping the rose behind him.

Iron Fist watched the man sprint away before noticing the mutation on the flower. He left the rose where it was dropped. He returned back to his gaze on the street ahead of him. "Oh how this city never seems to not amaze me." He loved to see new changes infront of him. He simply rested a smile on his lips as he continued to enjoy the silence. Maybe a client would come his way or the day would pick up. He was always ready for things to come. His mind began to wander back to his homeland as his chi surrounded him. The golden essence running over him slowly shining around him and noticeable to those who could see it. He hadn't thought about his master or anything in awhile. Something interesting was about to come his way. The feeling he had was just indescribable.

Jake

Jake follows her onto the elevator listening to her talk to him. He nods when she asks about his ability. "Yea, it's my bone, and yes, it hurts very much." He smiles lightly, "But, over the years I have been able to build up a tolerance for it" He stops and thinks, "I take that back, only some things hurt" rubbing his arm lightly the bone covers his arm, "That doesn't" he smiles lightly. Hearing about her powers ending badly he is about to speak when the elevator reaches their floor. Quietly he follows her into her place and sits on the couch, 'This place is huge!' he thinks while still keeping his face calm and expressionless.

Kayla leaves and returns with a glass of water for him, which he accepts gratefully and takes a swallow. With her question he turns slightly to face her. "I do actually." he pauses and takes another drink slowly before looking into her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. He says only two words, though those two words plagued him all morning, "Why me?"

Jess

Staying out of sight Jess watches the guy enter a burger shop, just to turn around to walk out. Taking a look inside she could see a rather long line, 'Must be too much of a wait for...' She pauses mid thought as electricity arcs across the man's arm. 'No way!' she thinks, 'Another hero!' though she had met a few in her past, and she knew many lived in the city, she had never really gotten the chance to meet one face to face in town. As the man turned and began walking away from her she decides to go introduce herself. As she took her first step the world slowed down around her. Walking at a normal pace she makes her way toward the man, who was nearly frozen mid stride. As she got closer time began to pick back up.

Jess always felt strange when time slowed down like that, even though she knew that it wasn't time slowing down, but her own thought processes and body speeding up.

Reaching out to touch his shoulder Jess stops, after the arc up his arm she decides it's best not to touch this one. She instead opts to clear her throat, "Um...Hi!" she says to him from behind him, "Noticed you wanted a burger, I could probably help you with that" She smiles big.

Zach hurried down the road, mumbling mostly to himself and wanting to kick himself in the rear for not waking up sooner. he could hear the bellowing of his stomach which wasn't giving him any slack for skipping that meal. "oh hush! it's not like that food did you any good." he always ate it too fast anyway, could never enjoy it and it usually gave him a stomach ache! "oh but..."

it's not like they're going to let YOU eat anyway, who'd let you have some kind of meal? you're too stupid to order or be on your own. should have stayed at an orphanage or something.

Zach groaned and slapped his hands over his ears, trying to drown out the annoying static as it itched away at his eardrums. he was about to tell it to shut up, but the sudden sound of a girl interrupted them, sending them spiraling away. Zach turned to face the stranger, a confused stare sweeping across his face as he listened to her. What...was she following him!? augh he knew it! he wasn't crazy...today... Quickly, the boy straightened himself up and scowled at her. "I don't need hand outs." he hadn't meant to be snippy, but hunger pains were horrible. Just as he spoke, his stomach roared loudly as if to warn the girl that he was lying. he could feel his face burn red and he scratched his head, which caused his hair to stand on end. "I mean.....IF you want to stand in line ALL DAY, that's fine. but I got things to do and places to be. I can't let that tie me down! After all, I am a very busy guy!"

busy doing what? playing with your toys?-the voices returned, just to bully him probably. Quickly, the boy shifted his eyes around and pouted, puffing out his lower lip.

"inventions." he corrected, not aware that he probably sounded insane.

"Why you?" Kayla said and contemplated it for a moment, "You have no numbers. That is what makes me so curious. Also, you seem interesting overall. I haven't had a friend at all in years.... if you don't mind me being a friend that is." She looked at him and bit her lower lip, hoping he wouldn't mind being a friend to her. This big house made her lonely, and she had nothing to do. Kayla patted his hands for a moment then stood, "Come on, follow me. I want to give you the tour. I hope you aren't afraid of heights."

She pulled him up from sitting, "You can ask me more questions as I show you around." Kayla held onto Jake's hand and led him into the kitchen, a large area with marbled counters, and dark wood cabinets, and stainless steel appliances of chef quality. "This is the kitchen, and I love to cook. Help yourself to anything here." Kayla moved on, her hand still securely in his own. She pointed down a hallway, "Down there are the bedrooms. The one all the way down, with the double doors, is the master bedroom. Where I sleep. All the other four rooms are guest bedrooms, though only one is set up as such. The others are labeled according to what they are. One, the library, another a billiards room, and the third is a... well its hard to explain... I would just rather you not go into it."

Kayla thought about the third room, just labeled as 'Magic'. It was her place to practice, and she thought he would think it odd, what with the giant purple pentagram on the floor and candles all around. She always loved pentagrams, and thought they were beautiful looking symbols. Kayla turned around sharply, almost forgetting how close she was to Jake until her nose touched his and her eyes widened, "S-sorry..." Kayla began to back up, blush creeping up on her face again, "Umm... what do you want to see next...?"

As his chi continued to consume his body, Iron fist felt the urge to wander around. He locked the door to his shop and turned around walking onto the street. He decided it was time to do some explorer. He was being bored with his own waiting. He slowly walked down the streets enjoying the site of this city once more. He felt like nothing had change except for the increase in demands. He didn't want to feel like a stranger to the people anymore. He continued down the streets noticing people acting like nothing would ever interrupt their daily lives, but he knew that something wasn't right. It never was. The reasons heroes existed was to battle what was consider evil which was usually villians. He had thrown away his concept of good and evil which led to him becoming a mercenary. He was a broken shell of what his master had made him. He continued on these thoughts as a vehicle about hit him. His heightened senses allowed him to notice the vehicle in time. He leaped up on top of it while grabbing himself a seat."Now this is what i call a tour!!!!" He shouted while he continued to ride the vehicle. He had left his thoughts and was gonna enjoy the moment.

Jake

Jake stands to follow her for the tour in a slight daze, 'Her friend?' his body just follows Kayla around while he begins to have a small conversation in his head. 'She just met me, we really have nothing in common and she wants to be my friend?' He lets the thought roll around in his head some, another friend? 'I only have one...and he's not what most people would consider a friend...' His thoughts are quickly interrupted by the feeling of Kayla pressed against him again, a slight flush creeps over him again, while he heard everything that was said it took a second for it to process. Rubbing the back of his head he smiles lightly, "You didn't really give me a chance to answer before but...I think I could be your friend" he looks into her eyes for a second before looking around. "I'm not really sure what there is left to show me" dropping his hand back to his side he realizes his palms are beginning to sweat. He gently wipes them on his pant leg and turns around in a circle looking around. Then there is a sound, a strange growling sound and Jake grabs his mid section. When the sound passes he lets go with a smile, "How bout that breakfast?" He laughs lightly, the action almost hurts, it has been a while since he did that.

Jess

Jess begins to take offence to what the man in front of her was saying, until she heard his stomach protest. "Look, it's not a hand out okay? Just my way of saying Hi" she smiles, "And as for the lines, who needs to wait in lines?" With a laugh her image disappears.

Time was creeping by again as she walks quickly back to the burger joint. As she walks in she notices just how many people were in there. "Wow" she says walking past them all over to the counter. With a light hop she was up and over it making her way through the kitchen. She lazily grabs a bag and the burger from one of the cooks as he attempted to pass it to the front. Looking around she spies a thing of fries, dropping the burger in the bag she makes her way over and puts the fries in. Just as she hops the counter again, food in hand, she realizes he may want a drink too. Looking around she spots a drink on the counter, no straw. "That should do." grabbing it she finds a straw and leaves some money everywhere she took the food. Satisfied with herself she makes her way back to the guy.

Time begins to speed up and she is now standing next to him with the food in hand, "Here you go!" She says handing the bag and drink over, "Straw is in it" She smiles big at him.

Jet thought he heard something land on the top of the bus. But he just shrugged it off. In a place like this who knew what it could be. As it comes to a halt in the middle of Hero's City he nervously steps off, not sure what to expect. What he saw was nothing like what he expected. The place was actually... Beautiful. Nothing like the Ruins. & the people he saw wondering about the streets seemed... Normal. There was no guys ducking in phone booths to change. Nobody walking around in tights & capes. No Underdogs or Mighty Mice. No one screaming about birds or planes, which he never did understand what those first two people were so excited about. He took a sigh of relief. Maybe what he was told about super powers was just a way of scaring & tormenting the unthawed guy. Maybe it was a way to keep him in the ruins because he was a freak. He had a few stares so he checked his reflection in a window quickly. His scars were covered still. His fake eye was still in place. & his rolled up wings were giving him the appearance of being a humpback. Yep, he looked as normal as he ever did. at least that was a plus. He took off walking down the street, not sure of what he was looking for, just looking, just trying to get a feel for this place.

when the girl just disappeared, zach frowned and stepped back, shifting his eyes a bit to look around for her. was she a ghost? or perhaps his hallucinations were more than just auditory. "great, you're losing it." the boy muttered through a grunt and scratched his head.

that is, if you haven't lost it already.
- he could hear his voices speaking to him pretty loud now. how embarrassing.

the boy was about to start walking again, but suddenly the girl was back in a flash with a bag in one hand and drink in another. "whoa." that was fast. he frowned and gave the girl a paranoid stare, different scenario's ran through his head. why was she being so nice to him? what did she want?!

still the smell of the food got to him, and who was to say she wasn't an all around nice girl? he took the bag from her with a slight thanks in return. just opening the bag he pushed a fry in his mouth and then handed one to her as if to offer it to her. oh wait, he should pay her for her trouble. "I've got some money too, if you want some."

Rain wandered, almost zoned out completely. When she came back to reality, she realized she was no longer in the Villain's city. How had she gone so far without even noticing? The worst part is where she was now. She looked around here and memories came flooding back, just as they always did when she was in the ruins.

Looking around, she saw that hardly anything had changed. She tried so hard to avoid this place, but it seemed that somehow she always ended up back here. She saw the destroyed road that led to what used to be her home. Turning away, she avoided that area. She could handle wandering the ruins, but she couldn't handle seeing her home in shambles. At least not until she brought her parents murderers to justice.

Kayla looked at him for a moment and giggled at his growling stomach, then held both of his hands, walking backwards towards the kitchen. She knew this place like a blind person would, she got so bored, Kayla memorized the whole house without looking. Once in the kitchen she released his hands and turned to the fridge.

Kayla grabbed some eggs, butter, and bacon from the fridge, smiling as she placed them on the long counter next to the stovetop. Next she moved to the cupboard, grabbing potatoes and putting them near everything else. Kayla got a pan from a wall mounted pan rack, then turned up the heat, placing the pan on the burner.

"Spicy eggs or no?" She asked jake, looking at him for a moment before placing in the butter, then the eggs. She spiced according to what he wanted, then moved to quickly place a few potatoes in a machine designed to make hash brown sized slices.

With that done she flipped his eggs and brought out another pan on a different burner, placed butter in, and turned it on. Kayla moved to grab a plate, and realized how fast she was probably going and giggled. Kayla looked at Jake and smiled big, then placed the plate down nearer to him. With the butter melted she put the potato slices in, and browned each side nicely. Once everything was said and done, Kayla grabbed a spatula and put all the food on his plate, and put a fork down next to it.

"I hope you like it!" Kayla said while she turned off the burners. As she did so, she managed to touch the side of a pan, and yelped in pain.

(Just wanted to stop by to say goodbye. I"m leaving this site. Have a successful roleplay. P.S. I think you have some new applications.)

A red flash is seen through Hero city. Something or someone was moving at incredible speeds that only trained eyes could see. The momentum that vibrated off the speeding flash could knock over a regular human. The ground beneath it seemed unscathed from the movement. In just a mere second, a police cruiser was tossed into the air before any reaction could be made. The moving object stopped in its tracks only to fall into the shadow of the moving cruiser. As the cruiser fell towards the ground, A glow of red could be seen from within the shadow as if something interesting would happen or was it the imagination of the bystanders watching. Nobody would know until the action was over.

The cruiser flying through the air was suddenly cut in half from the glow of red in the shadows of the falling object. With more of an enhanced look at it. you could see two red beams slicing through the crusier emitting high signatures of heat radiation. Before the pieces could hit the ground, a cold breeze past through to the bystanders of the accident. The breeze was chilling but only affected the cruiser as it froze solid before hitting the ground. The cruiser shattered into pieces and headed towards the figure that had caused it all. the bystanders rushing around him from panic. They didn't know what was going and didn't recognize who had caused such a scene especially in the middle of hero city. Was it the attack of villians??

The figure standing in the middle of the panicking crowd stood 6'0 tall with a 185 Ib solid musle build. His upper half was covered by a red and blue spandex shirt that had A giant S painted on a shield as the emblem of the shirt which was hidden by a white button up shirt with a black leather coat that had a red stripe on the left sleeve with a red hood that covered his head. His face could be seen from the hood which revealed his raven black hair that cut off above his icy cold blue eyes. His bottom half was covered by a pair of dark grey jeans that led down to his black combat boots that could barely be noticed due to the length of his pants. A smile crept across his face as he looked at the panic before him. "Feels good to be in Hero city." His voice was calm but had a powerful tone to it.

Jake

Mood - Hungry

Location - Kayla's Place, with Kayla

Jake smiles after telling Kayla how he likes his eggs and watches her while she cooks them. It was amazing that he had just met her that day and there he was, sitting at her place getting ready to eat breakfast. If you had told him yesterday that he would be doing this today, he probably would have kicked you in the face. Regardless he is here now.

As Kayla sets his fork down it is immediately in his hand diving for the food. That is, until he hears her yelp. It was the strangest thing. Jake wasn't sure how it happened but suddenly he was by Kayla's side, looking at her hand. He blinks lightly and looks at her. "Uhm..." he smiles lightly, "Try mustard" he says lightly walking over to the fridge, "Pulls the heat right out of that." He pulls the door open and begins looking for it. Upon finding it he returns to her with a smile, "This is kind of gross, but i swear it works" He gently squeezes the bottle onto her hand. The think yellow substance quickly covering the area of the burn. "Give it a few minutes and you should be fine" He returns the bottle to the fridge and turns to look at her.

(Jess will be here in the morning...sorry i've been taking so long to post guys, work is taking a lot out of me, but i promise i'm good with running both :D )

Kayla looked down at her finger and smiled, blush creeping up on her face again, "That's a bit odd. I never knew mustard would be so useful. Eat though Jake, I am fine." She wondered though how he had gotten to her so fast, and why he got so worried. Moments after he continued eating Kayla questioned him, "Why did you get so concerned? I mean... I get that I hurt myself, but that was a bit extreme for a burn... Not that I mind! Just... wondering..."

She wiped the mustard off after a short while, and looked at the burn, "Well... It isn't that bad... just a little owwie." Kayla looked at Jake again and practically jumped over to him, landing in his lap, "So! What now? What do you wanna do? Wanna talk more?"

Jyxter was enjoying the morning while it was still dark, flying around Tenebrae. It was getting lighter out so he was gonna go back to his windowless apartment, where it would be nice and dark, when he spotted his friend entering a building. He seemed to be with somebody but whoever it was had already gone inside. With a gentle smirk he decided he would not be going back to his apartment just yet... In fact, even though he was thinking about following that girl he had seen earlier wandering about the city, he couldn't pass up this opportunity, so he perched high above the entrance and waited. He couldn't help his mind from wandering though. She was remarkably beautiful. He would have to catch up with her later. He had always been a sucker for the beauty and balance in contrasting bright blue eyes with dark hair. Besides that there was just something about her... He couldn't ever figure out why he got impressions like this off people he didn't even know, but he did.. And he wanted to know her.

Clark decided it was enough of the commotion he had caused. He walked among the crowd around from the panic. His eyes flickering red from the heat rays he had just released. After a few moments, his icy blue color returned as he walked out of the crowd. A smile lingered on his face as he continued to walk down the street. Leaving the people in panic. This was his kind of day. He didn't want to reveal he was the culprit. He just glanced back to see more cruisers come to the aid of the destroyed one. "This city is still the same. Always rushing to save the innocent." He was kinda disappointed about the reaction time, but honestly he didn"t care. The old him had died when he came here. A new entity was created when the crash wiped his memories. He liked who he was and he had many more acts of foolishness to come.

Jake

Mood - Embarrassed

Location - Kayla's Kitchen

Jake looks down at his food as she asks why he got so concerned. With a light shrug he dismisses the question and continues eating. Staring at his food he begins to question himself in his head as to why he got concerned. 'What do you care if she gets hurt? Not like you should even really care.' He takes a bite, 'But I do care...' He sighs in his head at himself.

As Kayla lands next to him he looks over, her actions no longer striking him as odd. He smiles to her as he takes his last bite. "Well, I'm not really sure" he thinks, "This is normally where I would walk the streets, or even go get a little exercise." He thinks back to when they first met, "I have an idea, though i'm not sure how you would feel about it..." he pauses and looks away from her, "We could go out and have a little scrap if you wanted" He looks back at her with a smile, "It's really all I do when people are around me, its what i know how to do" Thinking about the situation he puts his arm around her, "Then after we could go get some ice cream and come back here to talk some more"

Jess

Mood - Flirty

Location - Hero City, on a street talking to Zach

Jess takes the fry he offers and bites it in half looking at him with a smile, "No way!" she says with a little bounce. "I got it for you, as a way of saying HI!" she giggles a little to herself, "Oh, by the way, my name is Jessica, but you can call me Jess. What's your name?" she looks him up and down, he seemed a bit younger than her, and maybe a little unstable. Thinking back to when she was watching from the shadows she remembers the lightning up his arm, they could be linked... "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but..." She pops the rest of the fry in her mouth, "I would like to shake your hand but..." she points at his arm, "How do i put it?" she thinks for a second, "If i touch you, are you going to shock me?" she smiles again.

Rain finally decided she was tired of walking for now. She found a bench that wasn't too terribly rickety and plopped down on it, stretching her legs out in front of her. Not that a 5-foot-tall girl had much to stretch out. She folded her hands behind her head and leaned back on them. It was a decent enough day outside, but she wished that it wasn't. Why have such a nice day and be surrounded by all these ruins? It just didn't seem right.

He decided to keep walking on such a beautiful day. He was bored with walking. He decided it was time to do some running. He braced himself in a runners position until he just phased out from the acceleration he had cause. He ran down the streets appearing as a red flash if you didn't have a trained eye. He kept running freely until he realized he was no longer in hero city. He paused for a moment looking around. "Where am I?" He didn't have a clue where his feet had took him. He didn't think it was villian city but he wasn't sure. His eyes scanned around from under his hood. He didn't see anything harmful. He decided it was time for him to explore. He started walking around and observing. Finally, He noticed where he was. He was in the ruins. Memories flooding back to him.

He suddenly flashed off towards a crater in the ruins. He looked at it and decided to take a seat. This was where he crashed years ago. This was where his beggining started. Memories continue to flood in his mind. After a few minutes, he walked to the crater that had been and punched the ground around it causing a small tremor. The rubble fell into the crater filling it. Memories were for the weak. He no longer needed the past nor did he care about the future yet he stood there mesmerized at such a place. He had seen what could happen if power wasn't controlled, if people was bullied. The very start of his beliefs.

Rain sat upright when she heard a commotion some distance away. Her electric blue eyes scanned the area, realizing that whatever it was, it wasn't nearby. She pulled her black jacket closer around her, pulling her hood up. Her long raven black hair fell to the front, trying to escape the confines of the hood, but most of her face at least was hidden. She was glad to see some dark clouds rolling in. Maybe it would rain.

When zach listened to her introducing herself, he gave her a paranoid glance and scratched his head, causing his hair to fly a little with static. "oh uh...my name is zach." he peered back into the bag and pulled out his burger just pushing it back into the bag when she said she wanted to shake his hand. "oh...yeah I probably would shock you a lot." plus his hands were a little full. just picking out another fry, he shoved it in his mouth. it needed salt, or barbeque sauce. "I mean we could try I guess." she did give him food after all, it was better to be nice to someone like that. Glancing back to her, he gave her a stern look, pulling the fries out of his bag and handing them to her, taking the drink from her other hand and looking for a place to sit down. he chose the bench and pulled out his burger, glancing up to the girl. ".......so did you say why you were following me?" he wasn't listening, his stomach was growling too much.

"You want to spar with me?!" Kayla said, beaming, "No one ever wants to! That's awesome! It sounds like that would be so much fun! Where do you want to?! We could go to the ruins! Let's go to the ruins. That's always a nice place to fight, and you don't have to worry about too many people!" Kayla hopped off of his lap and held onto his hands, pulling him up and towards the door, "Ice cream afterwards sounds awesome!"

Kayla was quick to the elevator, and pressed the button for the lobby. She smiled large all the way down, almost bouncing with excitement. Even the adults didn't want to fight with her, not any more anyways. Last time she fought with one of them, they died, none to pleasantly. She didn't feel like telling him that however, and when the elevator opened, she motioned for Jake to lead the way to the Ruins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back