• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World After...

Loony_Bin

Lost and Confused...I think

fantasy-city.jpg

Over the years, the names have changed. From Valhalla, to Hades, to Heaven, the idea has always been the same, a place where good people go to rest.

What if I told you such a place existed? That, somewhere, in an unknown dimension, there exists a city in the sky that everybody who has and will ever exist goes to? Every dimension, ever alternate timeline, as long as you did great and mighty deeds during your time alive, you get to go to the flying city.

They call it Argo, and while it may seem like a Utopia where you can live a second life, free of pain, and free from death, that is actually far from the truth. For you see, underneath the surface lies many who would seek to do harm to the city, from extorting it's peoples, to killing them, people live in fear of these people. Yet nobody with power does anything, because after all, if there was conflict that could be seen to everybody, then the city wouldn't be much of a Utopia would it?...

So now that you understand what Argo is, I ask you one last question...What shall you do? Will you work to make the city a true Utopia? Shall you work to bring it down? Or shall you simply coast from day to day, enjoying your immortality? The choice is yours...​

Monday, January February March hell if I know,

It's been five months after my initial arrival to Argo, and I'm still just as restless and in shock as I was back then. Julia always used to tell me it'd make more sense if I wrote down my thoughts in a notebook, something about helping sort out my scatterbrain ow whatever, never listened to her when I was...Alive...But now I really have no choice, Thinking about it inside my head just makes it hurt...

Anyways, I've begun to adjust slowly. This place is YEARS ahead of my timeline, everybody brings a bit of their culture from their time and area, it makes this beautiful mix of past, present, future and more. Today I saw a man from the year 2088 and another from the year 1988 get into a debate about their respective scientific discoveries, only for a elf looking guy to walk up to them and begin to talk about nature gods. It's really something else...

But I can't help but be restless, after all, I'm used to doing stuff, figuring out how to save a world...But there's no world to save. I don't know what to do, how to do it, or even WHY I'm here. Dear god, I spent seven years of my life in stasis just to get allowed in here...What am I doing with my after-life...

Pyrite wiped his eyes and leaned back in his swivel chair. Placing his pencil down on the desk in front of him he turned around to look at the room he was in, taking in all the work and effort he'd made to make it as close to his old room as possible. Band posters were hung up against the wall, his room was littered with dirty clothes, and next to a high tech computer stood a collection of status and figurines from various anime, TV shows and video games. It was so childish now that he looked at it now...He really needed to redesign it.

He stood up from his chair and took his hat and scarf from his bed. Throwing them on he opened his floor and stepped out. He needed to take a walk, just soak it all in and think about life...

He stepped outside and greeted the world.

Whatever that was now...

@CasualDragon @Pyosimros @sitanomoto @AnnoDomini @GingerBread @metalcity (Welcome to the world! Feel free to do whatever for now, establish relationships, free RP, roam around, do whatever! Let's have these characters meet before they do any actual fighting or anything)

Ent woke up in his cold dead apartment, never been there before and has no clue where he is. He lift d the covers off himself and looked around. Images and thoughts about his mission rung in his head, raising his hand Ent made a sphere in his hand of dark wind, slowly dragging possessions towards it. He clenched his fist destroying the ball. As Ent got ready for infractions through the day he couldn't help but remember something before the reset, as if was a feeling the Devils didn't expect him to develop, a fuzzy image of a boy flashed in and out of Ent's mind. One finished Ent left his apartment and started to walk around town, a fighting look was on his face.

Jazzy sat at her desk reading. She sighed and looked at her lamp, then closed her book.

It had been a while since she had died. She missed her friends and her partners in the normal world.

The good thing was, here in Argo, Jazzy could visit her parents whenever she wanted. Her mother and father "lived" next door to her, and she visited them every day.

Jazzy recounted the mystery she was solving now and she went over all the details in her head as she put away her book.

Aedus laid on the ground in pain, to afraid to move as the man stood above with with his sword raised. The blade came down hard on his arm. he let out a scream for help as the man came down for another swing. the man laid dead on the ground before the blade could connect with his arm. Ent came over to check if he was okay, before stabbing him in the heart. and then darkness

Aedus shot up awake as he instinctively placed a hand over his heart to stop the lingering pain. Tears pricked in Aedus's eyes as he stood up and started getting dressed.
I've been here a week already. Why won't these dreams stop.... I just want to forget. It hurts too much Aedus wiped away his tears as he finished getting dressed. Maybe I'll meet some new people today Aedus took a deep breath as he left his small apartment that a box could rival for size. He was trying to stay as positive as he could, after all things could only get better, right?

Ent continued walking around, his hands clenched in his pockets. He had strange feelings, this place didn't feel right. He looked around for a place to sit to try understand these thoughts, seeing a bench he made his way over to the bench. Once sat, Ent rested his head on his hands trying to think This place feels so empty and wrong...why? and then why do I have a completely separate thought of matches? Raising his head Ent looked around, seeing a hardware store he looked at it in confusion Why do I want to enter it? He angrily thought as he punched the bench, cracking the wood slightly. He got up and walked towards the shop in suspicion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyrite ran up the steps to the small dinky building with a bag in hand now, he'd stopped by a small mom and pop store to pick up some junk food. His earbuds blared music that was clearly heard to the naked eye as he reached what he thought was his floor and began to put his key into the lock of his door and wiggle it. He sighed in annoyance and grunted as he attempted to force it, growling as it didn't work, "The hell? I could have sworn the locksmith gave me the right key..."

@sitanomoto (Yes, Pyrite is accidental breaking into Jazzy's apartment)

Jazzy heard the door rattle and knew that her parents werent home yet. They didn't get off of work until later...

She grabbed her dagger and opened the door, tense and a little scared. She pointed the knife at his throat, then lowered it when she saw it was someone who didn't look like much of a threat. She sighed. "What do you want?"

On instinct Pyrite had reached for the sword that was usually on his hip, but he didn't find it, so instead he turned back to face the girl, he got into a defensive position, "Why the hell are you in my house?!"

@sitanomoto

Aedus walked around town enjoying the fresh air and clearing his head of the memory he re-experienced in his sleep. Aedus felt a smile tug at his lips as he noticed a hardware store Ent used to get me matches a lot... I miss him. Aedus shook the thought from his before walking into the shop, deciding to get some matches since he didn't have any currently.

Aedus walked around the shop and picked up the matches before walking over to the counter. When he was asked to pay, Aedus reached into his pocked and found that he didn't have any money.
"I-I don't have enough f-for the matches. S-sorry for wasting your time" Aedus stared at the ground as he walked slowly out of the store Guess I need to get a job or something

@metalcity

As Ent walked towards the shop he saw a boy walk out with a semi disappointed look on his face, pissing Ent of to no limit. He grunted as he walked closer to he boy but surprisingly didn't attack him, a part of him was screaming at him but he wasn't sure why. Leading Ent to simply pass the boy and enter the shop, still confused by the attachment in his heart to the shop.

@GingerBread

Jazzy scowled. "Your house? Excuse me, I don't know who you think you are, but this is my house, and you are breaking and entering. I could have you arrested for this!" She got back into a defensive position herself, then sighed and went back to her desk. "You can come in if you want." She said tiredly, opening a file and taking out her magnifying glass to study a photo. "I'm sorry for being so gruff. I'm just on edge ever since... Well....

Aedus eyes widened as he saw someone who looked like Ent Is that? No why would he be dead? He might be though...But he didn't even recognize me.... It can't hurt to check Aedus ran over to Ent "H-hey" Aedus looked down at the ground, feeling stupid for what he was about to ask "A-are you E-Ent?"

@metalcity

Ent turned to look at the boy, his anger no longer being able to be contained Ent went to punch the boy's face. "Who the fuck gave you permission to speak my name piss head." Something continued to scream at Ent, sadness hid behind his hard cold exterior.

@GingerBread

Aedus recoiled as he was punched in the face "S-sorry... I-I'll leave you alone then...." Aedus started walking away from Ent as tears started to prick his eyes I guess he hates me, maybe that's the real reason he killed me Aedus sat down on a nearby bench and buried his head in his hands.

@metalcity

"Hm?" Jazzy said, looking up. "Oh. I was tracking down a murderer and he shot me." She took a red pen and circled something in the photo and then put the pen down. "I was– am –a detective. He was the guy who murdered my parents. I ended up killing him after he shot me in the stomach fatally. I died of internal bleeding." She shrugged then stood. "You want something to drink?" She asked, going to her fridge.

Ent grunted as the boy walked away, however a small wetness gathered around Ent's eye. He confusedly wiped his eye then made his way into the shop, still not sure why he felt the need to approach it. Once entered Ent looked around, noticing a man at the counter. He suspected the man used magic to lure him into the shop to buy something, this thought annoyed him more to the point he removed the air around the man. He slowly feel to his knees trying to grab air, he planed to not go down with out a fight and sent out a water spell, heating up the moisture around Ent to a boiling point. Ent slowly started to feel the pain but took no notice as he took pleasure in watch the man's agonising death. Ent watched as he muttered a few words then followed with a thump as the new corpse fell.

Ent's skin started to burn, he angrily muttered a few words and approached the corpse and saw a pack of matches slightly poking out of the pocket. Images slightly flashed in Ent's mind, he picked up the matches and stuffed them in his pocket. Strangely this filled up the feeling of entering this shop and Ent left once again, he looked over at the boy in confusion. He looked more familiar but not sure why.

@GingerBread

Last edited by a moderator:
"No, I got my own, thanks..." He rummaged through the bag and fished out an energy drink, he finished it quickly as crushed it with a sigh, "Name's Pyrite by the way, was a hacker when I was ali- Wait. You...Had computers in your world right?"

@sitanomoto

LokiofSP said:
"No, I got my own, thanks..." He rummaged through the bag and fished out an energy drink, he finished it quickly as crushed it with a sigh, "Name's Pyrite by the way, was a hacker when I was ali- Wait. You...Had computers in your world right?"

@sitanomoto
Jazzy smiled. "Oh yeah. I was a big internet Junkie in my spare time. Kept me awake." She pulled out a bottle of Orange Juice, her signature drink, from her fridge, and took a swig herself. "Come on in, Pyrite. I.... I could use the company." She sat at her couch and stared at her feet.

metalcity said:
Ent grunted as the boy walked away, however a small wetness gathered around Ent's eye. He confusedly wiped his eye then made his way into the shop, still not sure why he felt the need to approach it. Once entered Ent looked around, noticing a man at the counter. He suspected the man used magic to lure him into the shop to buy something, this thought annoyed him more to the point he removed the air around the man. He slowly feel to his knees trying to grab air, he planed to not go down with out a fight and sent out a water spell, heating up the moisture around Ent to a boiling point. Ent slowly started to feel the pain but took no notice as he took pleasure in watch the man's agonising death. Ent watched as he muttered a few words then followed with a thump as the new corpse fell.
Ent's skin started to burn, he angrily muttered a few words and approached the corpse and saw a pack of matches slightly poking out of the pocket. Images slightly flashed in Ent's mind, he picked up the matches and stuffed them in his pocket. Strangely this filled up the feeling of entering this shop and Ent left once again, he looked over at the boy in confusion. He looked more familiar but not sure why.

@GingerBread
Aedus kept his head in his hands as he heard Ent fight with the shopkeeper I guess all he cares about is killing people. I still love him though... Aedus lifted his head out of his hands and saw Ent looking at him with a confused expression Maybe he doesn't remember me... Am I that forgettable? Aedus stood up and walked over to Ent "E-Ent. Y-you remember m-me, r-right?"

@metalcity

"Yeah I guess I was a bit of a computer junkie..." He chuckled darkly and turned away, sitting in silence before speaking once more, "You ever wonder if you're supposed to be here? Do you ever just look back on life and realized you did terrible things?"

A new day, a new canvas. Jessie set up her easel and clipped a small, already stretched, canvas to the wooden frame. Today she had set up her station under the canopy of a shop that was closed on this day. The city was a beautiful place and every day she could find a different part to paint. She pulled some brushes, a palette, and a large bottle of paint from her bag. Squeezing a rather generous amount of paint out she began by changing the colour to the lightest blue of the sky. Start with the background. She covered the canvas with the light blue and then applied a first layer of the grey for the buildings. Adding layers and colours she continued the image until it was to her liking. Quickly she lightly painted on some of the people that were walking past but made them semi-transparent on the canvas. This is the city of souls after all.

There was one person who walked towards a hardware shop though, whose expression was so alive and angry that she had to paint it fully. It wasn't too often that you saw someone angry here so it was a rare find. When she was done she waited for it to dry before removing it from the easel. She rolled it into a tube and stick it in her bag along with her painting utensils that she had cleaned using water from a water bottle. Looking at the city around her she took a moment to drink in the sights of the city. It was a gorgeous place to live and if there was one thing she could do it would be to go back to camp to tell her friends to not be afraid. Silently she watched the conversation between the angry man and the other guy before turning and heading home. It wasn't her conversation to listen in on. On her way she decided to stop for a snack and she pulled into the closest cafe. Maybe tomorrow I won't cheat and use actual coloured paint rather than colour it myself.

LokiofSP said:
"Yeah I guess I was a bit of a computer junkie..." He chuckled darkly and turned away, sitting in silence before speaking once more, "You ever wonder if you're supposed to be here? Do you ever just look back on life and realized you did terrible things?"
Jazzy nodded. "Yeah. I wasn't exactly.... The most.... I dunno.... Cleanest person. I had a lot of drinking problems after I turned twenty one. It wasn't pretty, for them or me." she sighed. "That and I killed someone before I died..." She shrugged and took another swig of her orange juice. "But what about you?"

GingerBread said:
Aedus kept his head in his hands as he heard Ent fight with the shopkeeper I guess all he cares about is killing people. I still love him though... Aedus lifted his head out of his hands and saw Ent looking at him with a confused expression Maybe he doesn't remember me... Am I that forgettable? Aedus stood up and walked over to Ent "E-Ent. Y-you remember m-me, r-right?"

@metalcity
Ent continued his confused expression while he watched the boy walk over to him, each step was like one more piece to the puzzle. "What the hell are you talking about piss head? and why the fuck do you know my name?" Ent angrily asked as the boy walked over, once again clenching his fists in his pocket only to feel a few matches snap in his grasp. Ent took his fist out of his pocket and looked at the matches, the small splints leaked out in-between his fingers and fell to the floor.

@GingerBread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back