• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Wolf's Princess

Melissa laughed, almost spilling her tea. "I'm not laughing at you, dear. Just how many times people ask us that!" she giggled and shook her head. "I would've thought that Klaus explained it to you. Being a Werewolf is genetic. It's a dominant trait, so a wolf can have a child with a human and that child will have that trait. What Klaus is, though, is what we call the Alpha trait. Both of his parents were Pureblooded Wolves. He's...stronger than the rest of us, making him the best fit as Alpha. That's also the-"

Melissa suddenly shut up and stared at her tea, almost frightened. "I'm sorry. I think I may have said too much," she whispered. "Almost," Westley spoke lowly as he leaned in the kitchen doorway. "Come on, Lily. Blue needs to talk to Melissa," he smiled to Lily and stood. "Thank you for keeping Lily safe, Lissa," he spoke pointedly, as if she had done something wrong. "Yes sir," she whispered, eyes still on her tea. "Let's go home," Westley took Lily's hand and lead her outside.

Lily blushed, while she may not have been laughing at her it was still a bit embarrassing. She listened and nodded, genetic made sense, dominant trait was a bit perplexing. Until she remembered that was hard for werewolves to conceive and even then there was a risk of death before being born. The Alpha part was getting interesting, until Melissa stopped abruptly.

She almost jumped out of her skin hearing Westley's voice, she was to focused on what she was being told to notice him in the doorway. Then the conversation if you could call it that between Melissa and Westley just made her uncomfortable. She nodded, "Bye Melissa, and thank you." She said as she was being taken outside. Lily looked up at him, "What was that about?"

"Melissa knew what she's not allowed to talk about. One of those being about my brother," he grumbled, eyes forward as he lead her through the path, human rather than wolf. "The reason my brother and mother died was because of the Alpha Trait. And I'd sooner be an Omega or Loner than be Alpha," he clenched his jaw.

Blue walked past them, his eyes red from inevitable tears. But his cheeks were still pale, meaning they were unshed. Westley nodded to him and Blue gave a shaky smile. "How's Melissa? Is she better?" he spoke softer.

She could understand him wanting to be the one to tell about the Alpha things but he didn't need to scare the girl. Especially since she was just answering a question, and as far as Lily could see she wasn't going to go into too much detail about his brother but she could be wrong. "I'm sorry, I just asked her a question and she was answering it that's all that was going on. But I'll just stick to asking you questions if that makes you more comfortable." She said softly and squeezed his hand.

Lily smiled at Blue, "She's better, she just doesn't want to lose you is all. So apologize while she's awake and I'm fairly confident you'll both be bubbly in a matter of minutes." She answered. It was a bit of a relief to see him going home already, the poor guy though looking like he was going to cry any second. She was sure that it would break Melissa's heart too and she hug him things would start to get better then and there.

Blue smiled and nodded, hope in his eyes. He retreated home and Westley sighed. "You would've made a better friend than I was when he was growing up. He needed someone like you, with moral support and all. I can't do that with him. Not because I can't physically do it but because of my role as Alpha. Showing favorites can cause issues," he shook his head.

"The pups are up and waiting for you. Especially you're new boyfriend," he teased and lead her home. At the door, you could hear the two crying for attention. Then there would be an angry yap and the house would go quiet for a moment. Then the howling once more started.

Lily smiled and gave a slight shrug, "Well if you are there for everyone then there wouldn't be favorites...but I know that would probably be close to impossible." She said softly, and glanced up at him. "Well I just have to rub Ducky's belly when I get home then." She said playfully.

It was hard not to smile Lily could guessed the angry yap was from Bubbles trying to silence her brother. "Are they going to be inside dogs or outside dogs?" She asked curiously, "Oh and I've got lots of questions for you too but those can wait for now." She informed him happily.

"Are those their names now? Because if you think they're stupid, you can change them," he chuckled, opening the door for her. "And I can't be there for everyone. It's just like having 20 kids and trying to have quality time with each one of them. It's just too difficult."

"Inside. They'll sleep with us until they're big enough to sleep in the Office. No buts, I can't share our bed with two giant horse-dogs," he smiled and shook his head. "You always make me nervous when you tell me you're going to ask questions."

"I like Bubbles and Ducky, and I like even more when you call them by their names." She replied as she walked into the cabin, "Yeah I guessed it would be hard, I understand you can't be there for everyone all the time, and I'm sure the pack knows that too." Lily smiled softly at him.

She smiled, "That will be nice, and are you sure you won't let th stay with us, I mean they are warm and cuddly and we'll be used to having them with us." She said innocently, "I find it hard to believe that little old me makes you nervous, all I really want to know is more about werewolves, and how did the movies and books get it so wrong, also some other things like your favorite season." She said with a toothy grin like a small child would.

"I'm sure about the dogs," he nodded. "And I can be all warm and cuddly. I guess I'm not enough, huh?" he sighed, giving her sad puppy eyes. Westley opened the door and the puppies stumbled out of the room, falling over each other to paw at Lily and Westley's feet.

"You can ask any question you want. I just don't know if I'll be able to answer them all in full confidence," he sighed and picked the puppies up and put them outside. "We have to make sure that they're off-leash trained. I can't have them running away if the door gets opened."

"I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry. Your more than enough, I promise." She said crossing her heart and hugged him. Until the puppies came out then she let him go, reluctantly feeling guilty for making him feel bad. She followed him and the puppies to the door. Lily looked up at him, "I believe in you and I'll start with easy questions like, are you color blind, or what's your favorite book, something like those."

Lily nodded, "That makes sense, they seem like their good dogs. I guess Blue said that they were pretty well behaved for puppies. But that doesn't mean well get to sleep tonight." She said figuring they'd be running them out in the middle of the night to avoid accidents. Not that she'd mind the lack of sleep seeing as it would be temporary.

Last edited by a moderator:
"i was only teasing, babe," he kissed her forehead as she hugged him. He loved the feeling of her heart thudding against the bottom of his chest and her hair on his cheek. "No, I see color and my favorite book, don't laugh, is called The Walls Around Us," he smiled and ran his hand through her hair. "The pups have to eat again at midnight, so I won't be getting any sleep since they see me as the dad," he grunted, Bubbles yapping at him.

Westley made a face at her and she came bounding to his feet, playfully biting his pant leg. He smiled and leapt from he porch, landing behind her as his big Wolf. He went into a play bow and Ducky bit his haunch while Bubbles yapped. Wesley rolled onto his back and the puppies crawled onto his chest, bitting at his ears and nose.

Lily just eyed him and shook her head slightly though she did enjoy his fingers in her hair. He was still going to pay for that, making her feel guilty, oh he would be tickled at some point. She put her thought of tickle torture aside and listened to his answers, "Why would I laugh, I've never read that book, I'm just happy you have to be honest." She admitted, "I was thinking about avoiding accidents myself, I should wake up if they move during the night. I'll leave the midnight feeding to you though." She smiled.

She was going to ask about the dad comment but there he was leaping off the porch and landing on all fours. Lily giggled watching them play, she sat down smiling contently. Thinking that this was her family, and that despite everything she knew and was going to learn felt good. "Not fair you getting to play with them like that, you show off." She teased and continued to watch the puppies nip at him.

Westley whined and crawled to her feet, licking her calf. The pups hopped around her, excited she was joining their fun little game. The was something warm in his eyes as he rubbed his nose on her leg, tail thumping on the porch. He let out a soft, playful bark as well, wanting her to join in.

From the far bushes emerged a dark grey wolf, his eyes a cold blue. But his ears were back and his tail wagged, even as he looked to Lily. Westley sat up and trotted to the wolf, ears up and tail raised. The two bobbed heads and Westley turned to Lily, woofing softly and nodding inside. The pups cried in protest but he let out a soft growl and they scattered inside with tucked tails.

She smiled and let out a giggle and rubbed Westley's head as his nose rubbed her leg. She tried to pet the puppies as well, it was a bit more difficult with them with the way they ran around. Lily stopped and stared at this new wolf for a moment, she felt uncomfortable with its presence she wasn't sure why but she did. At his bark and nod she stood up slowly and followed the puppies inside. The whole situation seemed different, for any of the other interactions she'd had with the pack.

Not that Lily had many, it just seemed like there was something off about this grey wolf with cold eyes. She couldn't be sure of course but she didn't think she'd seen that wolf around before, new or lost maybe? Who knew, for now though she just sat down. In he living room keeping an eye on the puppies, and waited for Westley to come back.

After a few moments, the door opened and in stepped Westley, a human, followed by a blue eyed man. He was about three inches shorter than West and his hair was a light auburn. His skin was fair and his eyes were the same cold, almost frightening blue. But his smile was warm and he reached a hand out to her, Westley watching with an intense eye.

"Name's Henry, ma'am," he spoke politely, a slight Irish accent. "Henry's my High Delta, sort of like the go to leader for hunts, runs and patrols. He lives close by and said he came to meet you. He's one of my best Hunter's," he nodded but there was something angry in Westley's eyes. And there was far too friendly interest in Henry's as he looked Lily up and down. Westley growled lowly and Henry was quick to move his eyes to the floor. "Heard you both adopted some pups, sir."

Lily smiled when Westley came in though it dropped slightly when the other man also joined him. She wasn't sure why or what caused it but she felt nervous around this man. Maybe it was his eyes or simply that Westley had never mentioned him before. Lily bit her lip slightly and hesitantly shook his hand, "Nice to meet you." She whispered and promptly returned her hand back to her lap.

Lily looked at Westley though she could feel Henry's eyes on her and it made her skin crawl for whatever reason she wasn't sure. She nodded so he was a hunter, and Westley wasn't happy either. Lily looked back at Henry now that he wasn't looking at her it was somewhat better not much. "Yes we did." She whispered still not completely comfortable with this situation, now she really felt like little red riding hood and the big bad wolf was looking at his next meal.

"They're actually sleeping right now but I'll talk to you later about them, Henry. You should go check on Floyd. Make sure his jaw isn't broken," he growled lowly and the Delta retreated. "Nice meeting you, Ms. Lily. See you very soon," he nodded and spoke gruffly as he slipped out the door.

West locked the door and gritted his teeth. "Those pups need to grow overnight. And be trained in five minutes," he clenched and unclenched his hands nervously. "Don't ever be around him alone, Lil."

"Nice to meet you too, Henry." She said softly happier than she'd care to admit that he was leaving. Once the door was shut she let out a sigh of relief, though she didn't like that he said he'd see you very soon. That just made her feel uneasy again. Lily look at Westley and nodded, "Trust me I won't there was something off about him...I don't know what but it made me uncomfortable." She replied softly.

"Are you alright, you seem a bit worked up too." Lily smiled softly, "Is there anything else I should know about Henry, other than what I know?" She asked hesitantly. She did agree with him though it would be nice if Ducky and Bubbles were full grown. Until then she would stick close to Westley, Blue and Melissa. If that wasn't an option then she would stay in the cabin with the doors locked.

"He's my best Hunter but he likes to hunt Humans as well. Thinks that he's the top predator for human kind. You're the type he likes to hunt but I can tell that he wouldn't dare try to hunt you. Only sniff you out and try to see if you surround yourself with similar people to yourself. He's done this before," he grumbled.

"But just because he didn't consider it as a human doesn't mean he might lose himself as a wolf. That's why I'm not leaving you alone int he house until those dogs grow up and get trained real good," he sat beside her, a bit possessive.

There it was a nice big red flag, he hunted humans like her. It sent a shiver down her spine, there was no way she was ever going to be alone with Henry. Lily really did feel like a mouse, that's how he made her feel and she was not a fan. "Oh, well I'll be sure to be extra careful if he's around." She replied looking towards the door.

Lily smiled when he sat down and scooted closer to him. She felt safer being closer to Westley even if at the moment neither one of them had anything to worry about. "Thank you, for looking after me. I'm sorry I'm causing you more problems." She said softly and kissed his shoulder.

"Problems? Lily there is not a single problem you have caused that I am not more than willing to tackle for you. Now hush up about problems," he shook his head and smiled warmly, kissing her temple. "I think it's funny, though, that you can't reach all the way so you have to kiss my shoulder," he teased softly.

He ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Now, you tell me your favorite book. I'll need to read it," he chuckled softly, red eyes curious.

She smiled, though she really didn't want to cause him problems regardless of how willing he was to handle them. This made her blush slightly, at the short comment puffed her cheeks up and turned a slight shade of red, "I can't help it that you and most everybody else is really really tall." She said with a slight pout as she folded her arms across her chest. Looking similar to a small child pouting over not being able to reach the reward on the counter.

Her mood quickly improved feeling his fingers in her hair. Lily smiled, "I don't have one favorite book per se I have three, the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I have them here in a box so you can read them all, I hope you like fantasy and maybe after you read them you'll see being short isn't a bad thing." She replied playfully with a smile.

"Is that so? I'm guessing it has something to do with elves or dwarves or something tiny like that," he chuckled. "Alright, alright. So what is on our agenda now, hmm? We've given marriage advice to a couple and chased off a murderer. I think the pair of us deserve a little us time," Westley laughed.

"But in all seriousness, what would my Princess like to do? Play with the pups, bake something, go for a walk? It's your choice, my dear," Westley took her hands.

"There are elves and dwarfs and hobbits. But the elves are taller than most men this these books." She answered matter of factly. Lily smiled "us time" sounded very nice after the encounter with Henry. Now the only problem was deciding what to do together. She want ed to clean the kitchen, but that could wait and Westley probably wouldn't have as much fun as she would cleaning.

Lily thought for a while and finally smiled and squeezed his hands. "I want to stay right here and hold your hands." She grinned, "Or a walk sounds nice as long as I get to hold your hand." She added with a slight blush.

A smile lit up his face and he nodded. "Alright, a nice walk. I promise I'll never let go," he murmured, meaning more than the walk. "Make sure you grab a coat or I might have to cuddle you the entire time...on second thought, no coat," he laughed at himself.

The pups sensed an outing and they pawed at the Office door, howling. "Do you want the pups to go as well? They'll fall asleep not five minutes after we leave if we leave them, so don't feel too guilty," he picked up their leashes but looked to the boss for permission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back