• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Witches Cottage

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Thomas
It was clear to Thomas that he was traveling amidst a pair of opposite individuals. And the pair were different from him yet. Crows always seemed to come with a warning, of what's to come or to remind one of their misdeeds. He concluded that it depended on one's choices throughout ones life. A pair of crows used to perch on the barn and watch his father as he worked, reminding him of his debt. Thomas silently agreed with Amadeus' offering, not wanting to ruffle the feathers of their other travel companion.

'We must be getting pretty close to these so called witches, none of these berries look vaguely familiar. Plus there's a distinct scent of tea coming from up ahead.' Jasper had some strong opinions, and he worried that it could possibly hinder their aim. A thought that stumped him. "So, what do the two of you seek from these-" Thomas eyed Jasper as they walked. "Witches?" A waft of herbal scents hit his nose. It smelled like the spice cart that comes into the town square once a week: Overwhelming, at first. With each inhale, he started to identify familiar scents which eased the small headache he now had. Shortly after, a small cottage came into view.

Amadeus
'That's the idea...' he thought, although he was surprised it was such a short distance from the village. All this build-up, such a journey from the capital, only to find them after a brief hike in the woods. As much as he'd been told to be afraid and cautious, he wasn't really. Their tea smelled good and Ame personally had no problem with women living outside of town with bizarrely behaving birds. Still, a quest was a quest. He would fulfill the demands on himself and leave everyone else to figure out what to do with three angry supposedly immortal magic users. "I'm on an urgent and secret quest from the king himself." He wasn't planning on elaborating much more, mostly because he didn't have much of a plan beyond that. He needed something that would require the oldest sister, it seemed. The younger two could likely handle cursed crops and sick villagers, and he needed to bring back the most powerful one above anything else. "It seems I'll have to get into it later though." He added as the trees suddenly began thinning out and a house came into view. He turned to the crow, maybe to see if it was going to confirm their destination, but who else would be living out here? Figuring it would do no harm either way, he approached the house and knocked on the door.

Jasper
Mentions - screaming.virgo screaming.virgo DreamBoy DreamBoy

Jasper lazily watched Amadeus walk up to the so called witches' cabin. He's not entirely too sure that that strolling up, supposedly unannounced, was the greatest of ideas but at least they had a willing guinea pig to test the waters. His attention shifted back to Thomas' earlier question about their individual purposes for coming along, 'Similar to Ama over there, I am on a mission for the king in search of a cure or treatment of some kind to heal the townspeople afflicted. Granted, I haven't the slightest idea of why I needed to personally be on this fairy tale trip.'

The crimson eye of his had picked up on some pretty strange things emanating from the cabin and the surrounding area. The closer he got, the more his head throbbed and it was becoming an annoyance. Jasper reached into his pocket to take 3 odd multicolored capsules that he had specially made to counteract 25 percent of the pain. More things flew around and slithered peacefully over his feet. 'What in the hell is all this, what's wrong with this part of the woods,' He had intended to say that under his breath but the slight adrenaline rush from the unknown caused him to speak at a regular volume.

Lilliana

Lilliana listened to Castillas response, it was good she was smart. ”That is the right thing to do, but you underestimate my sisters. They’re stronger than you think.” She explained, while it might be easy to assume she was the most powerful out of the three because of the immortality, her sisters were each incredibly powerful in different ways. Depending on the situation it would be easy for her sisters to be the more powerful witches. She was about to explain this when there was a knock on the door.

”There’s our guests now.” Lilliana said she sighed and got up. ”That’s too bad I was enjoying our girl time.” She admitted as she got up and made her way to the door. She didn’t bother glancing out the peep hole before opening the entrance to their home ”Welcome travelers, please come in.” She said as she ushered them inside once they had entered the room she shut the door behind them. ”My name is Lilliana, the black witch and these are my sisters Freya the white witch and Mary the green witch.” she motioned to each of them as they were introduced. She never introduced the apprentices, it wasn’t out of spite though. It was simply easier for them if they wanted to go shopping in the village they could remain anonymous. She studied the guests for a moment it was easy to tell who the doctor and the farmer were. The knight on the other hand didn’t seem like the usual righteous, large, arrogant knight. She wasn’t sure if that made her trust this man more or less than usual. ”It’s strange to see a doctor, farmer and a knight traveling together please tell us what it is you seek?”

Shagranoz Shagranoz Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Lil Shirou Lil Shirou DreamBoy DreamBoy Karcen Karcen screaming.virgo screaming.virgo Pysren Pysren

Freya the White Witch

While her sister had a good point if something happened to Lily, they'd all would be in trouble. Besides the aging perks, they could die very easily without it. "With this old traveling group, I'm sure they'll have a good reason Lily." She finished off her tea and put the mug into the sink and started to wash it. "Though I understand your worry sister... I would not risk anything happening to either of you for anything." Freya finished washing the mug and placed upside down on the towel they had for wet dishes.

Freya raised a brow at what Calista had to say then shook her head softly and peered out the window. She could see three figures coming up into view. She turned to tell her sister's their guest were here but she didn't wish to interrupt her sister while she was talking with her apprentice. She smiled softly, and went over to Levius and picked him up. He was lighter than he looked which always surprised her.

"Oh my... they arrived quickly." Freya said softly to Levius as she turned to face the door. She watched the the three filed in, ushered by the black witch and waved when her name was called. "Hello fair three." She looked them over slowly as she rubbed Levius on his back. Levius himself looked over the guest and made a small disaproving noise. He turned his head and made a noise similiar to a 'Hmph!'

"Shhh now..." Freya whispered to her companion and looked up expectantly to the doctor, knight and farmer. "Indeed strange... what is it that you together?"

Shagranoz Shagranoz Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Lil Shirou Lil Shirou DreamBoy DreamBoy Karcen Karcen screaming.virgo screaming.virgo Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Mary did not care for comparing "power" as what was the judge of it, how much destruction you could bring? Mary did not like that she in truth would say Freya with her power to heal was more powerful simply because she could do that. If destruction was the judge then she would say her own apprentice Adriain could be the strongest for fire burned and destroyed without control, or perhaps if Mary was vain then perhaps herself as a plague could wipe out kingdom in days if she put enough power into it. Mary could not think of any reason she would ever do that but it was in theory in her realm of power.

When the men came in morty flew in as well and Mary held up her arm for him to perch on " Stupid men, Stupid stupid men" he cawed out to Mary clearly not likely they were coming as there was one of each witch and all wanted things " Don't like them don't help stupid girl" He continued

Mary just smiled and rubbed his head now able to see the men better. She could have seen and had seen through Morty's eyes, but being so close let her see the details distance had erased. " They have come far surely we can be good hosts and give them some tea and a place to sit before we talk of work" Mary suggested always caring for the comfort of their clients.

Jasper was still in awe somewhat at the woman standing before them, she didn't seem too look any different from an average woman in most cases but she almost seemed to ooze wisdom and power. Such that Jasper felt quite young in her presence. He stood tall and offered a bow before entering the quaint home, 'Thank you for the invitation into your home, I'm Jasper.' He didn't feel as if he should introduce the other two men and that it would be best left up to them if they choose to reveal their true identities.

His attention was quickly drawn to the other two women that were present. The soft spoken blonde was a beauty in her own right and didn't come off as strong as the one that had brought them in. He stared at the little blue dragon-fox animal that seemed to look at him is distaste. As an animal lover, being dismissed by a cute creature was a serious blow to the heart.
'We are here on 3 various individual missions with one main goal that unites us. We have all come to graciously ask for the assistance of you ladies when dealing with the illness that plagues the kingdom. But before that, may I ask what in the world that tiny creature is that seems to not like us? I've never seen such like it before in all my time spent outdoors in various environments."

Adrien was a little upset about being ignored but didnt let it show. She knew any journey would require supplies and so she set out to get them ready. "Come on, Calista we got things to prepare for. Let the sisters talk to the travellers." Adrien said as she walked pass the travellers. She didnt think much of the travellers. Especially with her pass abuse from people like them.

Pysren Pysren Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Karcen Karcen Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Shagranoz Shagranoz DreamBoy DreamBoy screaming.virgo screaming.virgo

Calista looked at the supplicants, shaking her head. Stopping plagues wasn't exactly the purview of a dark witch- she was far more interested in causing them. Still, she nodded when Adrien said that they needed to gather supplies. "Certainly, Adrien- what do you have in mind?"

" we should gather as much supplies as possible and pack them Calista. All my traps should have something in them. " Adrien said as she walk pass the the final traveller and head towards on of the nearby creek. One Adrien passions was setting traps for food among other things and sometimes she use their surplus for trading.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Freya the White Witch

Freya looked over to her youngest sister and gave a faint smile. “Ah of course. Forgive us for not offering refreshments. Would you three care for some Jasmine tea? I’ll have to make a fresh batch. So while we wait you could tell us what brought you here?” She gestured for the trio to take a seat and went to the tea pot and placed the jasmine in there along with hot water.

Levius in the meantime found his way on her shoulder and eyed the men. Freya turned slightly to face Jasper as he spoke about what they were here for. Her eyes twinkled as he asked about Levius and could help let out a surprised chuckle. Not once has someone inquired about her little friend. Freya reached up and touched Levius on his head.

“Ah. Adrien and Calista, could you two pack some tea herbs for us?” She called out through the kitchen window she opened before returning her attention to Jasper. “This is Levius, a sub species of dragon, he’s been with me for as long as I can remember. His kind is extremely elusive… they often shy away from people. My dear sister here…” She gestured towards Mary. “Has united me and my friend here.” She looked between Levius and Jasper. “Just give him some time, I’m sure he’ll warm up to you.”

Shagranoz Shagranoz Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Lil Shirou Lil Shirou DreamBoy DreamBoy Karcen Karcen Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Jasper

Jasper was fully taking in the situation and digesting the new information he had received. Any other man would also be just as confused as he was over the existence of anything remotely dragon-like. The creature's gaze seemed to be focused solely on Jasper's strange eye. He refused to lose a staring contest to a mythical lizard and stuck his tongue out at him before resuming the conversation.

"I would gladly accept some tea while we talk. I personally have a separate inquiry that maybe one of you can assist with. It involves the strange visions I seem to have that seem to generate from my damaged red eye. It causes no real problem with my line of work besides the dizzying spells and occasional blackout headaches. I assume the strang sight has more to do with underlying brain trauma from an accident when I was a child."

• Lilliana

Lilliana smiled at the doctor as he bowed, it was unnecessary but she enjoyed the moment. ”And you are?” She asked the other two humans before she stepped back to allow the three humans to enter the room. She sneered at the Knight as he passed her, he didn’t seem particular knightish but she still hated the fact that a knight would bother trying to ask her for help. Freya being the gracious host she was offered them tea. It was a simple interaction which is what they had with most of their guests. Lilliana approached Jasper after he mentioned his eye ”Let me see.” she said as she brushed his hair back to get a better look. It was clearly a curse, crimson red with a scar running through it. To the untrained eye it would look like a scar from a flesh wound but this had a distinct look to it, like the skin had been pulled apart rather than just sliced. She pressed her thumb gently on the scar it gave her a slight sting that only another witch would feel. She released the human and sat down across from him.

”Tell us how did you get that scar? And what is it you each need from us?” she stated as she turned and eyed the other two humans in the room. This one seems to be in denial that his eye is anything but a normal human injury. I wonder if he even came here of his own freewill or if he was pressured by others to seek out our help. She looked to Freya, her sister could probably break the curse, but Lilliana hoped she wouldn’t unless he asked for it. She hated helping people who didn’t appreciate her and her sisters abilities. Thomas suddenly approached Mary and spoke to her in a hushed tone, as if his mission was meant to be a secret. Lilliana grinned At least one of these men seems to be intimidated.

DreamBoy DreamBoy Karcen Karcen Pysren Pysren Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Lil Shirou Lil Shirou Shagranoz Shagranoz

Calista nodded as Thomas explained the misery the people were suffering, gathering her herbs as she did so. "Could just be natural. Could be a blighting curse. Could be a lot of things, really. I can't think of any way to find out without physically going there- unless one of you has been working on some sort of farseeing spell."

"Right, tea leaves." Adrien says outloud as she disappeared from sight. She went straight to the river to check her traps. She sees a black cat messing with one of the traps. Can be a bit ominous to some, but so can she and the sisters. She check that trap first. There were a few fishs big enough most of the traps and a smaller one. She gave the smaller fish to the cat and the cat ran off. Adrien smiled beauty of it. Most of the animals like Adrien around where they lived.

She returned with the fish, tea leaves and several other things she found and packed. "We got food for all of us " with a huge smile on her face.
DreamBoy DreamBoy
Karcen Karcen Shagranoz Shagranoz Lilliana2 Lilliana2 Pysren Pysren Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Last edited:
Mary listened to the issue with the crops now growing and the land saying and nodded while morty wanted the man acting as her eyes. She had to think over what it could be as it was not simply a lacking of nutrition in the soil or the water moving away. There were many things that could be causing it from a curse laid upon it, to dark spirits trapped below, to spirits angry over some issue venting their inability to speak. There was no real way to know from the description Mary would have to go there herself and see for herself. The payment would be something that could only be figured out when the issue was figured out and solved. The simplest form of payment was to have a a portion of the harvest from the land given as tribute yearly, but that was just if the soil was tired. Things like getting rid of spirits could really get costly as the effort required went up and up.

" No deals stupid girl " Morty cawed out knowing Mary would be likely to cut them a break if the village was hurting.

" I know I know no deals" Mary said in response to his cawing

Mary then looked to thomas " There are many things it could be i will have to go there and see myself before a price can be set" Mary explained unable to set a payment now though with any luck it would not be to costly to the people of the village.

Jasper

Jasper could feel some sort of electric tingle around the scar once pressure was applied. The sensation was weird as if it wasn't due to outside forces, Jasper had chosen to brush it off as a phantom limb experience. Once the rather kind witch had backed away, he absentmindedly rubbed his hand across to ease the uncomfortable tension in his eyelid.

"I'm not completely sure as to where the scar came from. I was so young and quite rough as a child since I often played with our large dogs. My family has told me that I went out with one of the large pups and he brought me back with this injury. He definitely wasn't the one that caused it so they just assumed I had fallen and scratched it on some kind of root or tree. I remember going out to play but nothing between that and me wailing over the pain.'' Jasper remained skeptical about the whole situation but his mother pleaded with him to ask for their help. She truly only wanted for her son to receive the help he needed to rid himself of the horrid things he use to describe to her when he was a child.

This was Adrien chance to be useful. At least so she thought. Something about the man's scar on his face reminder her of a curse she read about in one of lilliana's books. One she didnt exactly have permission to read the first time. Adrien quickly set down their dinner outside and went up to the man. To "Ms. Lilliana, isnt this a curse.", Adrien said touching the man's face with her warm hands.

She quickly pulled away realizing in her eagerness that she didnt ask the man for permission to touch him " sorry" Adrien said backing away. Cursing to herself as to why she was so awkward around new people.
Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back