• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Will of Heaven - A Three Kingdoms Roleplay

Paeniteo Azrael

The Bestest of Besties
kf6lDOo.jpg

The Will of Heaven
The empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide.

The Ten Attendants corrupt the last of the Han Dynasty, banishing loyal and honest officers in favor of their sycophantic traitors. Everywhere, brigands plunder the countryside stealing what little is left after years of famine and ruinous taxation. The Taoist sorcerer Zhang Jiao has used the power of the gods to cure the sick and incite rebellion against the Empire, in the name of uniting the kingdom under a new banner. On all sides, within and without, the Han Dynasty faces its last and greatest challenges - corruption and decadence paralyze the courts and famine and rebellion rap at the tattered, fraying edges of the Middle Kingdom.

But even in the darkest of times, a light shines forth - and good men and women, the heroes of the world have come forth to pledge themselves to stopping the evils of the traitors to the throne. The empire will not survive the coming plight. But will the righteous triumph in the face of invincible foes? Or will they too be struck down like so many others?

I am currently in the rough planning stages of setting up a Three Kingdoms roleplay. I am looking for people willing to post at least every other day, and with fairly detailed posts, who want to play the roles of heroes during this period of near constant war (which still leaves quite a bit of leeway in how to create a character).

As this was a time of enormous numbers of heroes, I will happily accept quite a number of people into the roleplay. If you have any interest, please post here!

I will accept up to ten people who show interest (though I am sure people will eventually drop out and there will be plenty of space). Try to make a general idea of what you guys plan to do.

Anyways, some warnings - this will likely be quite violent (it is wuxia, after all), but it is not TERRIBLY plot driven. There will, of course, be a metaplot - but the story is what you make of it. You can be great warriors on the front lines of battle, or political strategists, vying for your chosen liege. You can even carve your own home out of the falling Han empire, if you so choose - and do all of the things you wish. The only thing I don't suggest is fighting to the death for the Yellow Heaven army.

When thinking of a character, think of why they would be called to action during this crisis, and why their lineage would earn them respect in this period of time (they didn't call it Dynasty Warriors for nothing). While the life of a peasant farmer is, I'm sure, interesting during this period of time, I am not interested in running such a roleplay.

So, once again:

Three Kingdoms

Wuxia-style heroes and combat

Political intrigue desired

Metaplot happening, but YOUR plot is what you make of it (and can theoretically affect the Metaplot - potentially quite heavily)

Will probably be quite violent

Up to ten people (will be the first ten people to pitch characters whom I accept once I put up the character sign-up sheet)

Talk here first, and I will post the link to the roleplay thread once I finish the character template.

At least a paragraph. It doesn't have to be spectacularly drawn out - just detail your character's feelings during intimate scenes and describe awesome wuxia style fighting during combat scenes.

[QUOTE="Paeniteo Azrael]At least a paragraph. It doesn't have to be spectacularly drawn out - just detail your character's feelings during intimate scenes and describe awesome wuxia style fighting during combat scenes.

[/QUOTE]
Perfect, Sir, I'm in.

Paeniteo Azrael]Link to thread muahahahahaha: [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-will-of-heaven.101746/ said:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-will-of-heaven.101746/[/URL]
Sweet. I'll write the CS in a sec, just need an adrenaline rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back