• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Weight of the Crown

Bone2pick said:
FYI: Prata Lago translates to Silver Lake. I had planned on setting up Mármor as a silver mining country, but it's obvious why I didn't follow through with that. :)
D8

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]My kingdom's over here with white gold, like.. whut?

[/QUOTE]
Come to Bastillos. We've got it all!

Anomaly said:
Mushrooms?
tumblr_mcvvbvtkzQ1qbskx5o1_500.gif

Oh well, if we ever go to war against the silver legion we'll be grateful for their armour. We probably don't even need to pay the mercenaries since the loot is already worth the risk.

For the record only their helmets are made of silver. Only officers and the knights would actually have decent armor.

Curse you people! Why did you have to inform me of the existence of a musical parody of medieval knights? Now I'll never get anything constructive done. Whyyyyyyy!!!

Why is the song 'maybe you are not the worst thing ever' the most romantic thing I have ever heard? Whyyyyy!!!

So basically that's Glaen. Yay! Rissa and I have some stuff planned involving our kingdoms' religions, current conflicts, etc.

Queen Alana does have siblings; I just haven't mentioned them as major players. I could also probably add people from the other two noble families to the major players and I likely will later, but they aren't as important and it's late and I've poured so much time into this kingdom already, lmao.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Glaen has a lot of other significant people who aren't necessarily mentioned, which means there's plenty of room for me to create links and circumstances to connect with all of your kingdoms' after a decision is reached.

Anomaly said:
So basically that's Glaen. Yay! Rissa and I have some stuff planned involving our kingdoms' religions, current conflicts, etc.
Queen Alana does have siblings; I just haven't mentioned them as major players. I could also probably add people from the other two noble families to the major players and I likely will later, but they aren't as important and it's late and I've poured so much time into this kingdom already, lmao.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Glaen has a lot of other significant people who aren't necessarily mentioned, which means there's plenty of room for me to create links and circumstances to connect with all of your kingdoms' after a decision is reached.
Can my assassinated Prince-that-was-made-king-by-marrying-my-queen be from Glaen? I need a tie to another kingdom through that, which opens up political intrigue and a bit of turmoil between the kingdoms and my main character.

So. Somehow, we've managed to have an audition process where I received the exact amount of applications I needed *LOL* thus making my job intensely easy. There are a FEW things I've noticed in some of your sheets that may require slight revision. Just small things I noted - I may or may not even PM you about them, considering most of them might not even factor in to the actual plots.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed. The quality and workmanship put into each sheet makes me just super happy, and I'm really curious to see how everyone does, working their countries into the plot.

My goals for the remainder of this week are

• Setting up the Overview: This will include a brief description of Thornwild, the details of the King's death (including a bit of a mystery for anyone's characters to play around with), and a reminder of the rules, the list of players and their kingdoms and a few other brief notes concerning lore.

• Making the Map: This will take some time, as I've got a lot of locations to work in, but it's my hope to have it done by the end of the week. I'm not an artist, so... we'll see how this goes (haha)

• Creating a PM/Discord server for this group - I don't require anyone to use both, but I will have both available. Major plot will only be discussed in the PM, as this is the one that everyone will need to join (the Discord server will exist for casual chatting/plotting between kingdoms). Plotting is an absolute must - everyone will need to tie their kingdoms/characters in with others as much as possible. This IS our plot... our storyline and failure to play well with others won't make for a very fun game!

Hopefully as things go, this is an enjoyable, entertaining story - but that all will depend heavily on you lovely folks, as well! For now, welcome aboard and enjoy the came.

@CloudyBlueDay - I'll be PMing you shortly to discuss that auxiliary character <3

@Anyone still making a sheet - the deadline has passed and I have my seven kingdoms, but if you'd like to approach me about adding in some auxiliary characters as well, feel free to do so !

Ok, let me see my main intra-kingdom possibilities.

-I would very much like to ask for volunteers for two kingdom ties connected to Corvago. First is a past war/conflict with a full or partial naval element (for Grigio Barba), as well as a birth country for Kaervek the Merciless.

-I have 3 marriage-eligible nobles in my current sheet (24 yrs old Pavone twins and 68 yrs old Passeri), but none of them are royals.

-I noticed a decent amount of assassinations in the various kingdoms' histories. Unless you already have those planned out feel free to use assassins from Corvago, I did go out of my way to overstate how common they were in my dictatorship.

-I'd very much like to have my main character infiltrate someone else's court disguised as a maid or whatever. Either for espionage, assassination or bodyguarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back