• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Weakness of the Mafia

MoonPawe

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
* Hello! If you are interested in this roleplay then I must put trigger warnings before you read. This is a Role play about Mafia families which means violence, gun violence, language, and blood. Please roleplay with someone else if these topics are triggering to you.*

Lily James was born into a wealthy family and with wealth came the responsibilities of a wealthy woman. Her father Blake James and mother Suri James came to America from England due to the family business, well more like the James Empire. You see, the James “family” owns many corporations, especially in New York City. Rumor has it that the James family has connections with political decisions and influencers. This made the James family known and feared for people who have disappointed them in the past seem to have vanished from history. Her parents were very strict about what she did with her life for they didn’t want her to tarnish the family image. Blake and Suri had two children, but unfortunately, the eldest passed away at the age of 18. Now The James family was left with one girl, no boys, and no heirs to the family name. As Lily grew up she slowly started to realize that she was not like most rich children. Lily didn’t want fancy food, clothes, or glamorous parties filled with a sea of fake people. No, She just wanted to be a normal girl with a normal life and her parents could see this and it was unacceptable. Lily was put into schools to try to make her proper, but it seemed that every school she went to kicked her out for not following a strict set of rules. Her parents would lock her up in a small room with no windows to punish the girl every time she went against the family name. Lily was strong, yes, but she hated being locked away in the dark with no way out. Lily always told herself that she was strong and wouldn’t let her parents decide her life.

As the years went on and Lily changed from a child to a teenager, but within that time she realized that if she did as she was told then her parents would “leave her be”. She was sent to a prestigious academy for young rich women and she hated every moment of it. The girls at the academy were rude, snobby, and just plain mean towards her; at least she was still getting something of an education. Luckily her parents would let her walk home from school since she would stop at the library to “complete her school work”, well . . . that’s what her parents think anyway. She would sneak away to find a boy about two years older than her and would spend hours together doing whatever they wanted to. What she didn’t know, was that her new friend was deep into the mafia. In fact, he was the son of one of the most notorious mafia houses. They eventually became best friends and Lily’s heart began to sprout a small crush on him. One day one of her father's friends spotted her with this young man and immediately informed her father of the situation. Once Lily got home that evening, her parents were furious; her mother yelled and her father threw things at her. “We forbid you to see him ever again! You are 17 years old and are promised to the head of the Noir family! Not this street rat!” Her father yelled making Lily flinch. “You can’t control my life! I don’t want to be a part of this family! I want to be normal and have real friends and find love that is real! Can’t you just let me go!?” Lily waved her arms and shouted back as her father turned red from anger. “Love!? Do you love this boy!?” Lily went quiet and the next thing she knew, she was on the floor holding her right eye. Next to her was a vase that was shattered and a small trail of blood formed as it dripped from her wound and onto her arm. “Blake! Look at what you’ve done! She could scar!” Her mother yelled, not even concerned about her daughter’s injury. “Just get her plastic surgery. I’m done looking at her face. Lock her up.” Her father waved at the guards who started to make their way towards her. Lily quickly got up and glared at her parents. “I’m leaving and I’m not coming back. I turn 18 next month and I will make a life for myself. Not live shackled by you.” Lily quickly made her way out of the house running while calling her friend.

They soon met at their normal spot in central park, under the biggest tree. He helped her clean and stitch up the wound while he listened to her speak about what happened. Little did she know that night was the last she would see him, or so she thought. Lily worked 3 jobs to keep her shitty apartment that constantly had leaks, rats, and break-ins. Luckily she had stashed away a lump of cash to help with an education, she was going to become a doctor, and a damn good one at that. Once she graduated from her schooling, she changed her last name to Wynters to dissociate from her family and to hope that they never find her. That's what she did although, during her schooling, she had overheard conversations of a raging war between a corrupt family and the mafia house trying to gain control over New York City making the crime rate higher than it has ever been and filling the emergency hospitals faster than before. Lily didn’t care, she wanted to help people and save lives nothing would change that.

Starter: “Dr. Wynters to the emergency room 12, Dr.Wynters to the emergency room 12” The loud monotoned voice yells over the speaker system. The young doctor immediately rushes to the emergency room after she clocks back in halfway through her nightly break. The nurses surround a man, no . . . a boy around 16 with a gunshot wound to the stomach. “Loss of blood is increasing! heart rate slowing!” One of the nurses shouts out as she grabs his vitals. Lily quickly moves people out of her way as she rips the boy's shirt and to no surprise, she sees the familiar tattoo of the James family. She sighs silently and examines the bullet wound. “We need to get him into surgery now!” They rush the boy into the surgical suite and immediately start the procedure. After two hours, the boy’s pulse flat-lined and the nurses looked at the doctor. "No...No! Start chest compressions now!" No one moved as they knew it was already too late. "Fine, I'll do it myself! 1...2...3...4...5....6..." She counts to thirty trying to get this boy back to the land of the living. Blood splatters her surgical gown and her arms, she sighs heavily as the ECG still flat lines. “John Doe deceased at 12:30 AM” The staff wheels the boy out of the room and Lily slams her hand on the now-empty surgical table stained red, her hands are stained with blood as are her scrubs. “Dr.Wynters? Why don’t you go home for the night? I can take over.” The other doctor walks into the room and dismisses Lily “Thanks Dr.Turner” She grabs her items and leaves the building with a dark cloud over her head. The New York streets were busy until she turned down her street; the air was still and not a sound could be heard. A black car pulls up next to her and three large men walk toward her. She quickens her pace, but it was too late they dragged her into an alley, and her head felt light when a pair of knuckles met her temple. Lily tried her hardest to fight back, but she was overpowered and outnumbered. Lily was hit on her side causing her legs to stagger and was quickly knocked to the ground. Her eyes gaze up at the men who were attacking her to see the same tattoo as the boy who had died had. Her head was getting lighter and her vision splotchy, but she could hear another car pull up, she hoped that there weren't any more of them for she wouldn't be able to take it.

My character Information:

Birth Name: Lily James
Alias: Lily Wynters
S/O: straight
Family: Mother, father, deceased sister
Lives: New York City
Height: 5 foot 3
Weight: 120lbs
Body type: Fit
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Dirty blonde/brown
Tattoos: None