• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The war of the kingdoms

"Mm?" She responded still distracted by the book. "Since when do I get hurt? I am a perfectly safe person. "

She heard laughing from across the room at tnat statement. She threw a book at Eddard. It hit him. She was happy.

"You're like a child on christmas." Lewis said and chuckled. He then thought for a moment. "Uhh... Do you know what christmas is?" He asked. The people might have a complete different set of holidays as christianity wasn't a major religion.

"Christmas? No I never heard of it. What is it?" She asked as she sat her book down so that her full attention was on Lewis. It seemed like he was teachinga her new things every other hour.

"Well christmas is something celebrated in my world. Christians believe that Jesus, the son of god was born on that day." Lewis explained. He wasn't really religious so he didn't know much.

She tapped her lip a bit, trying to equate it to something theh celebrated here. They had temples built for worship, but they didn't celebratelike a god's birthday. "I suppose we celebrate winter solstice, when Ire takes all the warmth from the land leaving us with only cold"

"Hmm... I guess that could be close to it." Lewis said and smiled. "But the holiday itself isn't important. The action of it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I just don't understand celebrating the birth of a God! There are so many! If we celebrated all of them the entire year would be a holiday! Not to mention deciding whether jumping out of a head in full body armor counts as a birth..." she said sitting back so she could think about it more.

"Children of gods have happened," Arvus said as he piled another book onto a pile. "Tell them, Evaryle."

"The Moon Clan got its blood from the son of Luna, he started a family during his life and when he did that bloodline became spread out over several generations."

Lewis listened and nodded. "So there are people who are related to a god?" He asked.

The elven woman looked at the male elf and half-elf.

(Sorry, IRL is being a B*** right now.)

"Well, gods don't play a huge role in creation, gods can only change and influence. As such, they're more tied to the mortal plain. Gods, especially dark gods, enjoy toying with mortals from time to time or constantly. However, there is a sort of barrier between the mortal and the astral plains that prevents next to everything from coming here. Sometimes, gods tear apart rifts to visit by mortals or themselves, but it takes a considerable amount of years to tear a rift. Before most recorded history, this barrier was broken. I wasn't around, so I don't know much on the subject," Arvus said as his pile of books began to turn into a tower.

Lewis frowned. "So the gods didn't create the world yet they use it for their amusement." He said and shook his head. "Are these just something people believe or is it actually something that exists?" He asked after a moment.

"Oh they most definitely exist" Bella chimed in. "There is no way they couldn't have." She said putting down her book.

"So the gods are different here than what they are in my world. In my world you can believe in a god but no one has yet to prove that one exists or doesn't exist." Lewis said.

The elf woman wanted to know what they were talking about but didn't understand anything so she felt like an intruder. She walked to the end of one shelf, sitting down and leaning back against the bookshelf.

"If you want to understand, I can give you my language experiences and teach you how to read in human language," Arvus said to the elf woman.

Evaryle then spoke up and said, "Well, the fact that they use a world they didn't create is an ok idea. Gods are merely influence and change which can be viewed as a good thing. Influence over the moon, the night, the day, nature, life. These are things they control and therefore influence. Change can be good too. It can dethrone a mad ruler, it can kill a Demon Lord, it can banish another god from our world."

"Well, Lewis, gods in worlds vary a lot. Some worlds' gods are created off of human wishes, some die after creating the world, some sit around, and others may abandon their world."

The elf woman shook her head. "I don't want anyone entering my mind." She said. She was stubborn and only wanted to learn through studying.

Lewis shrugged. "I guess that makes sense but to me, it sounds very strange. I'm used to scientific studies and theories about the world. But I think I might understand it a bit as there is magic here, which doesn't exist in my world."

"Fine," Arvus said to the elf woman. "I was just offering, so be it." He said that without a hint of negative emotions or sarcasm. Then he turned to Lewis.

"Magic comes in many forms, but it is also may not come at all. I've ran across others who don't have the ability to utilize magic in any form except for magical artifacts. I am unsure if you can utilize magic, but it is hardly likely."

Lewis shook his head. "Magic? To mee it sounds like fairy tales but as I've seen it, I have to believe it." He said and looked at the elven woman. "What's up with her?" He asked raising a brow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back