• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The War Never Won -Out of Character-

Characters
Here
Yeah, to Teen's point. The concept is in essence that destroying the true form forces it to revert to its basic form, typically with some physical repercussion if the "destroying" is aggressive enough. Basic penalizing generic "bad thing" happening, doesn't have to be a horribly specific effect. For one of my older characters it would cause them to be blinded temporarily, because he has a vision ability. You could also format like if your weapon breaks it harms you akin to having a bone break, etc. It should be punishable to an extent but it's not a lethal effect.
Good to know. How's that lore page coming along? Heard y'all saying you were working on one

Also Meredith Meredith you lazy bum, get in here and liven up the place. You invited me here :^p

I wasn't really planning on making a dedicated lore page for the RP itself, I just had one for my own reference, but I can certainly make one if people would like. I suppose it would be helpful for those of you unfamiliar with what's already established.

I did add a flavor paragraph to my character sheet for everyone's reading pleasure, inspired by teen's and Shura's.

I'll start putting something postworthy in order for lore pieces Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze . I'll try to keep it minimalistic but thorough. We are eventually going to have a small sort of basic map for Samael soon as well, as soon as I can whip up a shit MS Paint diagram for teen to go off of.

I wasn't really planning on making a dedicated lore page for the RP itself, I just had one for my own reference, but I can certainly make one if people would like. I suppose it would be helpful for those of you unfamiliar with what's already established.

I did add a flavor paragraph to my character sheet for everyone's reading pleasure, inspired by teen's and Shura's.

I'll start putting something postworthy in order for lore pieces Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze . I'll try to keep it minimalistic but thorough. We are eventually going to have a small sort of basic map for Samael soon as well, as soon as I can whip up a shit MS Paint diagram for teen to go off of.
Also curious, from your new blurb there: Ogres? Is there any particular reason why kines broke that girl's phone other than to avoid CWI?

Also curious, from your new blurb there: Ogres? Is there any particular reason why kines broke that girl's phone other than to avoid CWI?

100% the CWI. They monitor all media for signs of Branded activity. Nines normally doesn't stick out too much, but someone jumping between rooftops with a katana in hand is a bit less discreet. He offers to pay because technically the person did nothing wrong to deserve that, so he tries to make up for it.

When a Branded rejects a card (does not perform the desired task), War sends a monster, typically of a power level equal to or slightly higher than the Branded the card was assigned to, to punish that Branded for their disobedience and force them to fight for him. Ogres are a lower level threat often sent to cull fledgling Branded. They aren't traditional "ogres" that was jut sort of a basic fantasy name slapped onto them for identification's sake. I'll elaborate on recognized warbeasts (working title we might change that) in the lore page that I guess I'm making now.

you can expect a sheet in the next couple days, darlings! I'm working but I'm also sick and bartending tonight soooo~

Hi! Sorry for checking in so late, been busy. I'll try to get my CS up by today.

EDIT : I'm also very confused, so can the warbrand turn into up to 3 forms or nine? Since in the guidelines you posted I read only up to three, but I read TheLoneRook TheLoneRook 's chara and he had nine.

edit two: nevermind, you were the gm. sorry!

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry for checking in so late, been busy. I'll try to get my CS up by today.

EDIT : I'm also very confused, so can the warbrand turn into up to 3 forms or nine? Since in the guidelines you posted I read only up to three, but I read TheLoneRook TheLoneRook 's chara and he had nine.

edit two: nevermind, you were the gm. sorry!
I think the limit was 3 different separate pieces at one time, there were no limitations on amounts of forms.

I think the limit was 3 different separate pieces at one time, there were no limitations on amounts of forms.
ahhh, I see! I've been thinking about a power I'd like to use for my character, but nothing comes to mind >_< massive writer's block going on

ahhh, I see! I've been thinking about a power I'd like to use for my character, but nothing comes to mind >_< massive writer's block going on
We got shura that doesn't really fit any stereotypes, we got teen that's all like swiggity-swooty I'mma stab you with my spy-feet in the booty, then nines who's all wham bam I'mma go ham on u fam, and I'll be playing a water bender of sorts. Maybe something ranged or another thing that fits the mold so the world feels like it's supposed to? (I dunno what the mold is but given the DM said nines was 'something different' with his purely physical abilities I would assume traditional weaponry with elemental or magic-like abilities)

Juggling and tossing elemental daggers? Or like a big fuck-off gun.

We got shura that doesn't really fit any stereotypes, we got teen that's all like swiggity-swooty I'mma stab you with my spy-feet in the booty, then nines who's all wham bam I'mma go ham on u fam, and I'll be playing a water bender of sorts. Maybe something ranged or another thing that fits the mold so the world feels like it's supposed to? (I dunno what the mold is but given the DM said nines was 'something different' with his purely physical abilities I would assume traditional weaponry with elemental or magic-like abilities)

Juggling and tossing elemental daggers? Or like a big fuck-off gun.
it's true, I will be stabbing people in the booty.

big fan of the big fuck-off gun personally! One thing that helped me JINNI JINNI (other than talking to rook over DMs for a couple of days trying to figure it out) was thinking about my character's personality and what kind of weapon represents that. Good luck! You got this!

Couple of thought-provoking questions to get the juices flowing JINNI JINNI

-Why is the character willing to fight in the first place, or are they at all?

-What drives them to continue fighting? Survival, newfound power?

-How would they feel/react in a combat situation? What sort of weapon would they flock to to best achieve their immediate goals in a fight? Do they want to rush into the fray or avoid direct conflict?

-What themes are present in the character and do any of them translate into a combat setting, directly or indirectly?

-This isn’t a question but more a pro-tip. Constantly challenge your concept with “what” and “why”.What is this character’s motivation, why is it that, why do they do this, what about that thing makes them feel the way they do. If you can continue to answer those questions over and over you’ll notice the character will almost start to build itself. Good luck!

teen_angst teen_angst TheLoneRook TheLoneRook Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Thanks, guys!!! I'm trying to create a nun character with dual personality :< but i sUCK at making backstories and my mind refuses to work. I'll work on my character's backstory and concept more so I think based on that I'll be able to think of a power. Wish me luck :D

I finished my character sheet! Please tell me if I need to make any changes, I did my best to think of a backstory & power (hopefully, the backstory makes sense & the power isn't too overpowered by this universe's standards.) I hope you give Dea & Medea much love! <3

Last edited:
I can put one together this evening. If it makes things easier for people to access I'm all for it.

Lore page is almost complete by the by. It'll be added to the OOC first post since I can't think of a better place to slap it and I don't want to clog my first post space for the iC

I can put one together this evening. If it makes things easier for people to access I'm all for it.

Lore page is almost complete by the by. It'll be added to the OOC first post since I can't think of a better place to slap it and I don't want to clog my first post space for the iC
I mostly just want a place to spam y'all that isn't clogging up the OOC

And you can add additional pages to your rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back