The Vampire Carnival

Freaks Poison

Always Up For Plotting

steampunk.jpg

They have been around since the beginning of time. Throughout the centuries and throughout the years. Watching the world change as they have stayed hidden from the world. Treated as outcasts. as
monsters. Some people believed in them, others wanted to kill them as they continued to hide in the shadows. Watching the world change until the day they could blend in with the humans world.

1271484569_152054cf9e.jpg

Formed in 1601 by Andrew Harp Bennett, the family owned and practiced Vampire Carnival has been around entertaining the masses of humans as well as lure some of them to their fate. Hey don't look down on them, they have to fed after all. Most people come, and some don't leave but there are always more. Humans of all shapes, sizes and ages come to witness the rather dark entertainment of The Vampire Carnival as they amaze them with their gifts, skills, and mechanical wonders. The gift of speed, of telepathy, of flying, of music. Whichever gift each vampire was lucky to have bestowed upon them. Or their skills in weaponry. Anything from swords to hyper powered weapons. Not to mention the many wonderful technical marvels that were gladly displayed.

steampunk-webcam-from-an-old-heater_3.jpg

Sometimes a few select humans are chosen out of the audience to be a part of such spectacles. Usually the ones they either decided to keep or kill.

Choose.jpg

Obviously if they chose to kill the human, they'd do it swift and quick. Leaving behind the body in a well hidden place, however if you're the ones they choose to keep. You were kept safe and treated rather well. Or at least as well as they got

Today was marking the start of the year 1700. There have been no doubt some minor changes to the world, such as new mechanical wondered powered by steam. However even thought it caused a little stir. This day marked the start of The Vampire Carnival's tour. A rather peaceful and interesting tour as this year they decided to travel to new places they had not been to before to ensure they did not bring suspicion to those places they had taken or otherwise lured humans to their fate

Question is are you a vampire or are you one of the lucky few who they decided to spare?

It's up to you

Jobs at Vampire Carnival

(You can be whatever you wish
)

Weather they are family through blood or through friendship, The Vampire Carnival always shall be

Skelly

Name:(First and Last)

Age:(Doesn't really matter for the humans but for the other characters just put something like 100 or 1000 years)

Job: (What job do you want?)

Personality:(What is your character like, Are they friendly, happy, sad, distant. What are their hobbies, what do they like to do in their free time etc)

Gift:(If you chose to be a vampire what gift do you have and if you chose to be a human what is your special talent)

History: (Brief history, family, friends, how you ended up being in the Carnival etc)

Weapon:(Yes weapons are allowed so just chose what weapon you'd wish to have. And as a side note when I said that there are mechanical wonders, you can have for example a mechanical dog or something)

Other:(What other pieces of information can you put with your character. A secret, a want, do they have something precious they don't share with anyone else ex.Teddy bear, journal, piece of clothing)

Appearance:(Put what your character looks like)

Rules

No perfect characters, I like seeing flaws so don't make your character seem perfect

Be nice and respect other people's characters

No one liners, I hate those so please write at least one paragraph. But I understand how writers block comes to some people and what not but still please no one liners

If your character is going to kill someone (A human lured to their fate) please keep the violence to a minimum and no killing others characters unless they tell you otherwise (Through conversation etc)

I don't expect everyone to talk like they did in the 17th century but I would like to see somewhat proper English like using "Sir, Ma'am, Miss, or Milady" and I would like for people to use "Would not" instead of "Wouldn't" and so one. But I understand if you slip and write "Wouldn't" and whatnot. Just I'm trying to get the feel of the 17th century

You are allowed to have more than one character however I'm making the limit 2

Invites

OneHellOfACatLover

Erica

Noremac

Skillx Bennett walked around the familiar path that led into the Carnival tent where all his fellow vampires and some humans were, his black bangs waving across his pale scarred face as Science his mechanical cat walked by his side as he entered into the tent. He looked around at the many of them getting ready or discussing something with one another, either way there were many people chattering and much noise. He looked down at Science as the cat beamed his bright green glass eyes at him "I suppose we shall let them be and return to our studies yes?" He questioned his mechanical friend before making his way past the crowd until he heard the group of singers that often entertained the humans first. He paused and looked them over enjoying the wonderful melody they were signing as Science rubbed against the fabric of his pants.

ardetha stood with the other singers as usual behind the curtains, listened carefully to one of the vampires finishing up her song. finally her turn had come, she smiled as she entered stage her curled black hair shining in the dim stage lights her white dress making her stand out. my there smiles were wonderful smiling of course was contagious and could not help herself. ardetha bowed slightly and began to sing a slow quiet melody she had created whilst sitting in her room. when she hit the high notes her voice carried across the room like wind, as she sang her long metallic wings spread that skillx had helped her create. this made the crowd gasp in excitement.

He smiled as he watched the singers finish each of their songs and knew Ardetha's part was coming up, he was very eager to see how his recently created metal wings worked. Ardetha had requested him to make them for her, as a wonderful idea to impress the humans as she sang. He happily created the wings under Ardetha's watchful eyes and decided to see them for himself. He walked out of the tent, calling for Science to follow them as he made his way to the front and made his way through the back of the crowd as his eyes widened in amazement. The wings looked amazing. They were long metallic wings that were silver and had a purple trim with a black background and some white spots.

He smiled as he heard her wonderful song, she was indeed an impressive singer as he continued to eye her. She was also rather beautiful with her pale skin and that curly black hair that looked rather stunning in any style. He clapped along with the rest of the crowd as he song came to an end and flew from the crowd and landed beside her on the stage "Was that not simply splendid?" he questioned the crowd as they gave a cheer and he smiled over at her. "Give a bow, folks that was Ardetha one more round of applause for her!" He announced as the crowd went wild again. He was the inventor for his family's Carnival and as the great grandson of the James Andrew Bennett he had to introduce and sometimes bring to an end the performances. Though he allowed others to do it as well, for he didn't do that well in crowds not being the social man he was. He glanced over at her once more and gave her his pointy sharp smile

ardetha was not surprised to see skillx appear beside her, he was always one to appear at random moments and at times it was quiet funny to see him surprise people. the wings folded themselves in as she bowed to the crowd and then straightened herself waving to the crowd in a dainty manner. when ardetha noticed skillx smiling at her she blushed but smiled back walking with him off stage, she turned to look at him her smile still present. "skillx you wings work wonderfully they are stunning and the crowds just love them!" her voice had a slight old english accent to it that she had retained from her home town.

He felt happiness go through him as Ardetha smiled back at him before he waved to the crowd "Thank you all for coming!" He said as he walked off stage with Ardetha who looked at him with a happy face and complimented his work on the wings which had him slightly flushed. He often was embarrassed when people complimented his work and he looked away for a brief moment hearing her sweet gentle voice before he turned back to her "I-Its no big deal..." He said with a small chuckle at the end as they made their way past the many people who began complimenting Ardetha on her wonderful performance "Science!" He called as he watched the cat run from where it was hiding, the sides of him admitting steam as he eyed the both of them

"Hi boy" He said as he patted the cool head of his mechanical cat before turning his attention back to the Ardetha "If you e-ever have a problem with them, don't hesitate to inform me, I was actually thinking of making another prototype that will admit steam. However I have to calculate how much steam it needs because with the prototype I was thinking the steam could actually lift you off the ground, making the illusion that you are actually flying, what do you think?"

ardetha saw him get the way he does when he is complimented and it made her giggle, she looked down to science. she was always used to seeing normal cats then when skillx introduced his newly made friend she was curious but loved the metallic feline. "hi there science" stroking the cats smooth surface she looked up at skillx. "i think that would be wonderful! ill come in whenever you ask of me as you know iam not the person to be busy, and plus i enjoy your company". standing back up she straightened her dress looked at him happily.

He smiled as he watched her pet his mechanical friend, one that he believed was always his greatest creation. He blushed slightly again as she agreed with his idea, he was always shy when he told others his invention ideas since he was one to usually keep his ideas within his journal. He watched her stand back up as she fixed her dress with a smile, he bit his lip a bit allowing himself to smile a bit before he felt Science rub against his legs "Well I actually hope I am imposing or offending you when I ask you of this but I do require to take your weight so I can calculate it with how much steam it will need plus what type of metal I can use that would allow it to be light yet strong" He said blushing as he never liked to impose woman to do anything they were uncomfortable with

ardetha shook her head, "it is no trouble to me skillx trust me, when would you like me to come?" she wasnt one to be embarrassed quite easily but she does get nervous. she wasnt nervous around him though not since she met him the first day in the carnival, she could talk to him easily and always loved to see what type of inventions he brought into the world. also she would never pass up the chance to help him with his inventions, just to see how focused he was and how much thought he put in to every invention she knew he cared a lot about what he did. out of everybody in the carnival he was closest to her he helped her in her times of depression but she felt sorrowed by never telling him why.

He shyly smiled up at her and scratched the back of his head "Well...any time you are free is fine. E-Even if I am busy, if you need me I shall take a break" He gave a small chuckle he often found himself being locked up in his "Lab" as he liked to call it though it was really just a small room they all shared in the traveling Carnival tent. He had invented metal walls powered by steam which allowed some light into the rooms they had divided amongst themselves. And if anyone ever needed him, he would tend to drop everything to help them. He recalled all the times Ardetha seemed to be saddened and often helped her by talking to her though he noticed she wasn't that open, so instead he would make her a little trinket powered by steam to cheer her up.

He tilted his head "I believe we're almost done here anyway and the humans are leaving which means if we have to fed now is the time to chose a human" He perched his lips as he scratched his chin "Do you believe we need anymore assistance?" He said as they often chose at least one or two humans to be a part of The Carnival as an assistant to those who needed it and occasionally fed on them if they were in desperate need to feed.

ardetha nodded felling the growing pain of hunger in her stomach, it had been awhile for her since she last fed. as she looked out at the departing crowd she scanned the humans her eyes growing from a light translucent plue to a deep ruby red. she turned and looked at skillx, " i do not believe there are many usable humans in this crowd tonight, but i have spotted some humans lingering around outside so it should not be any trouble for us." she smiled her fangs now more visible and glinting in the light, "care to join me for dinner?" she smiled sweetly and to herself that maybe one of these days she shall tell him the cause of her problems.

He watched Ardetha as she looked over the crowd before she came to the conclusion that were not many useable humans, he nodded his head agreeing. There ware not many that seemed to be good to fed off of, he took some guilty pleasure in knowing that his victim would fight but he admits he did see those trouble makers outside. They often had a group of teenagers causing a disturbance outside of their Carnival no matter where they were. He watched her as she gave a smile revealing her fangs as he smiled back "I'd love to" He slowly held out his arm for her to wraps her fingers around before they headed out towards the outside of the Carnival, hiding in the shadows as they did so.

ardetha gladly took his arm in her dainty hands, her nails painted black and shiny. as they walked outside her eyes glowed faintly in the nights atmosphere, as she looked over to skillx she spoke quietly, "what shall the plan be for this night? we could easily feast upon one or get two alone and ambush them?". she as well noticed the troublemakers who seemed to always be around the carnival after a show. the hunger grew at as her senses were heightened being able to smell the blood that swam through the humans veins.

"Hmm...." He said in thought "Perhaps a distraction first. Distract them, separate them, fed and than exchange" He looked over at her, his red eyes glowing at the thought of being able to fed "What say you?" He said as his nose kept smelling the sweet blood from the humans

ardetha laughed lightly, she knew she would be a good distraction and it would be no trouble. she looked at skillx's eyes , "there is no problem there give me a moment". her hand let go of his arm as she turned to walk around the corner, a good amount of them had left as security waved them away and perfectly two were left. the security guard caught sight of her and he nodded walking back through the tent. she fixed her hair to fall over her shoulder and she walked out into view, the moonlight reflecting of her skin the two young men turning to look at her. "well hello ma'am, arent you one of the singers?" the boy walked closer, her presence always giving off the same reaction to men. "yes iam and i was wondering if you two fine gentlemen would like to join me in the tent?" they smiled mischievously and it made ardetha uneasy but she was able to get them closer to the corner where skillx would be. as she was about to get them to the corner one of them grabbed her arm, "i think this is close enough for now.." they both smiled and laughed. "a-ah..why not more this way?" this was different and something was wrong, her hunger was growing worse making it harder to control herself.

Skillx nodded his head, he knew her tactics were bound to work as they were often 99% effective. He listened closely as she made her way to luring the two idiotic humans towards him before he peeked his head around the corner to see one of them grab her, he bared his teeth even more. No man much less a human should ever touch a lady in such a manner unless otherwise instructed. He quickly made his way up the tent, gracefully sitting atop of it as he eyed the two idiot humans while drawing his weapon. He didn't normally use them but he had had an idea for a steam powered hyper bow with steel arrows. Though he not quite tested it yet now was a good of time as any.

He whipped it out allowing it to become unpacked as an arrow came to rest in the center. Quickly calculating in his head the projectory, he fired, watching the metal arrow go through the neck of the human who was holding Ardetha's wrist and quickly reloaded to catch the other human through the neck as they took a step away obviously frightened as the smell of their bleeding necks caught his nose and caused him to give a deep growl

ardetha gasped as the arrow pierced the humans neck her wrist suddenly freed, she stumbled away holding her wrist . "s-skillx?" she looked around herself since those arrows were certainly made by him just by the way they were crafted. she looked up to see him perched above them and she sighed with relief but knew he was angered by the growls that he emitted.

Skillx raised his eyebrows at Ardetha's reactions, was she scared? By all means he did not mean to frighten her. He watched as she locked eyes with him before he gracefully jumped into the air and flipped as he landed on the ground in front of her "I am sorry, it was not my intention to frighten you with what I did" he carefully put his weapon away, letting it fold back into a single stick before placing it in his pocket "But the way that man grabbed you it was...Not the way to properly treat a woman. Let alone one as beautiful as you" he said his red eyes glowing as the smell of blood became very strong around them "You may fed now, I shall wait till you are finished" he informed her

ardetha blushed at his words, no one had called her beautiful in a very very long time. "i-i was just startled is all, i do not mind feeding with you as there are two humans." she smiled gently her eyes returning to their normal brightness, she gently held onto skillx's arm leading him over the bodies, "that is if you do not mind feeding with me?" she looked at then down at the two bodies, their fresh blood draining into the dirt they lie upon.

He slightly smiled as he saw her blush, surely he didn't cause that did he? Thought he felt slight guilty as he found out he had startled her "I am sorry for startling you, it wasn't my intention" he said with a small laugh as he felt her wrap her fingers around his arm once more and he allowed her to pull him towards the two bodies there were no doubt already dead. He looked them over before smiling up at Ardetha and slightly bowed "It would be an honor to share such a meal with you Miss" he said allowing his charm to show

she smiled happily and crouched by one of the dead males, she looked up at him speaking quietly, "well dont think for a moment that ill hold you startling me against you because that would be quiet rude of me." she laughed as she held the humans wrist to her lips her fangs popping through the skin with ease, the blood that splashed against her tongue was sweet with a little sour hit but it was amazing after all. while she drank she looked up at skillx waiting for him to feed as well.

He gave a shy smile "Well I suppose I should have given you a fair warning first" he shrugged as he watched her pierce her teeth into the humans wrist as his stomach growled and he glanced over at the other human body and gracefully walked over. Though he usually preferred to pierce the neck, the wrist was also a wonderful access point. He slowly got on his knees beside the dead human and lifted his wrist up quickly finding the blue veins as he gently pierced his fangs into them tasting the bittersweet essence of the rich liquid he now began draining from the human.

His stomach growling in satisfaction as he quickly drained the human, watching their once pink skin turn a gray color and finished off by licking the last droplets of blood from the humans wrist before he stood up and threw the lifeless body over his shoulder. The only part he found rather troubling was once yet were done feeding they had to find a spot to hide the humans body. He watched as Ardetha finished her human as he began calculating a spot in his head where they could hide the bodies. This part of town was most empty and there was a wooded area they could easily walk to

ardetha hefted the body and held it in her arms, she wiped a droplet of blood from the corner of her mouth. she noticed him look towards the woods, "thats a good idea skillx i know a swamp not to far into the woods that would be absolutely perfect for this occasion!" she held the humans body with ease for when she was turned she was noticbly stronger and it would be an easy task to get form here to the woods. she adjusted her dress to be knees length as it would not get dirty in the forest, her legs were long and thin her leggins a dark black with lace tops. she blushed not usually use to showing her legs.

He nodded his head, a swamp would be a rather perfect place for the bodies and any creature could easily eat away at their bodies effectively making them disappear. "Alright let us so shall we?" He said as he walked closer to her noticing her was pulling up her dress to reveal of rather curvy and very impressive legs underneath. He blushed and looked away for a moment before clearing his throat and walked past her hoping she didn't see his red face as he heard the crunching to leaves and twigs beneath his feet as they both entered into the woods. A swamp he imagined was a few miles into the forest away from any people.

ardetha noticed him walking away and she finished adjusting her dress she quickly followed him into the forest. "it shouldnt be to far on nights ive wandered through here i stumbled upon it and made sure to keep this place in mind." as they walked she listened carefully to the forests noises, the moon shone through leaves down unto their path. as the situation may be a bit grotesque she couldnt help but feel happy and at peace as she looked around. "its nice is it not?" she looked over at skillx.

(I got someone else to sign up for the rp so there may be someone else joining us)

He continued down the forest, his boots stepping over the sticks and rocks and the lifeless body smacking against the back of his thighs as they continued. He took a deep breath in, it indeed was a rather peaceful night and the moon shine was brilliant as he turned to look at Ardetha "Tis rather a peaceful night yes, however I cannot wait to get back to the Carnival, I'm eager to start on the new set of wings for you' He said with a smile as he sensed them approaching the swamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back