» The Unwritten Tale » The Prologue

Niwel watched as the lizardman assaulted the orb and quickly began a sprint to halt him but it he couldn't make it before the a wave of heat washed over the room and subsided as the lizardman halted his attack.

“Tan yau”?

He almost shouted at him as he came closer and closer.

“Wirt yau snusjen jens it eti”?

Niwel almost pushed Ryzom out of his way as he came up to examine the orb. He stood silent for a second, watching Ryzom's attempt Niwel was struck with the notion to hold one of his shard to the orb.

10 segments to hold the shard to the orb and wait.

[roll0]

The shard hits the orb with a dull metallic "Clank" and sits there, unimpressively.

And he waits...

and waits...

waits...

Aren't you getting hot over there?

Niwel took the shard away from the orb and returned it to his pack. He looked at the orb and at the surrounding room, nothing was around them, only the orb, and it was the onyl thing that appeared to react to being interacted with, no matter the kind of interaction. Niwel lingered on the though of interaction, on how the orb appeared to retaliate against attack. Certainly he had heard in legend that there were objects magic'd and mystified to behave with a kind of lifeless inteligence, such folkloric items as living swords and singing armor, Was this one of them?

Perhaps it could be interacted with in a, kinder way, persuaded, and so Niwel asked it if it was a "Lewenjen", an enchanted living item. if it understood him it would be proof enough for him.

"Flise, til ji, lewenjen ur"?

Communicate with 5 segments

[roll0]

The orb emits a faint humming, but no real communication is made.

Maybe it's something inside the orb?

Niwel bit his lip, he didn't know what he was about to do, his body almost did it instinctively, Reaching over niwel attempted to steal the knife the lizardman had made. Compelled was he to crack the the sphere open, a moth to a flame.

"Nid jai".

He barely croaked as he leaned over.

Ryzom's hand tightened around the shardknife as something or someone tried to pull it away.

He looked only to see the human he " talked " to earlier, trying to grab his knife.

He yanked it back, unintendedly cutting a gash over the palm of the human's hand.

" Sorry... but what are you doing? " He tried to use as much body language as he could while speaking.

Niwel looked at his hand and the blood coming out of it. He shrugged it off, blood was life, in the veins or out, or so his people said.

"Vaug et".

He hissed before going into his bag and pulling out two of the shards. He took on in his bleeding hand raised it hihg above his head.

"Juj var"!

He shouted bringing the shard down wiht all the strength he could muster out of his arm. A prayer to the ancestral god of blood. He struck the sphere with all of his might, the might of Wurnesj youth, trained to fight and live, trained to make or take. He let his arm fly away keeping the second shard prepared if the first one crumbled under his hand.

Destroy sphere 94 segments

[roll0]

The sphere, already straining from it's cracked surface, explodes from within, sending shards flying everywhere, a heatwave washed across the room, and suddenly, it's as if time stops, and the air grows cooler once again.

A pure white light, unrestrained by the glass ball, shines throughout the room, the light gathers into a tighter and tighter ball, until it condenses into a shape of a man. A Muscular, half-naked man wearing nothing but a white loincloth, an equally white robe, some beautifully crafted silver and gold armor that seemed more for decoration than for protection, and a large, equally beautiful sword, strapped to his back. The man stepped forth, and spread his wings (that's right, this man has wings) and looked around.

His glaze dropped when he saw Niwel. "You!" He said. It was you that broke the sphere, correct? His voice was loud, and stern, but not angry. The walls of the glass sphere seemed to resonate with his voice. As if it couldn't contain the immense power radiating from the man. "My name is Gabriel. I am the right hand advocate of the Deity of Heaven. I was trapped in that ball, from a being whom you my hope never to have the misfortune of crossing paths with. Unfortunately, that is not something I can guarantee. The Gods are stirring, and other Advocates of the Gods are stirring. Many are not as kind as I am."

He looked around the blank room, as if he was still waking up from a long sleep. "I must be going now. The will of my God calls me away. I'll give you this as thanks. He pulled off his robe (which was nothing more than a big sheet of very white, and very clean fabric). "This cloth can ward off all things evil if used correctly, use it well."

Gabriel walked over to the center of the room, and chanted a spell. four portals opened up, one on each side of the room.

One blue portal

One red portal

One green portal

and one yellow portal

"Our paths split here young one. Fare well brave adventurer"

And with a crack of thunder, and a bright flash of light, he was gone.

Ryzom covered his eyes as the ball exploded but as it soon became apparent it wasn't an actual explosion of condensed energy, there was something/someone inside that ball that had now been released.

Just to be on the safe side, Ryzom grabbed his shardknife tighter in case the being was agressive. Thankfully it wasn't, even more...it was more a being of light and purity than anything else.

Ryzom heard the being out 'till he summoned the 4 portals and vanished.

Ryzom looked around but none of the adventurers were moving forward so he had to make the 1st step.

From the exterior it seemed as Ryzom was confident in his choice but he was as nervous as the next inhabitant of the sphere, as he walked towards the blue portal.

He stretched out his hand and dipped it inside the portal, instantly he was pulled inwards and with a howl he vanished into the portal.

Ryzomhas been sucked into the portal. He is currently in transit between worlds.

You will arrive at your destination whenever I get off my lazy but, and create the new realm (morning)

--------------------------------------

Ryzom has arrived in Lake Lacus. Visit the Info Section for more information.

Ryzom fell out of the sky, into Lake Lacus, struggling to make something out of the dark and cold water he swam... but in the wrong direction. He didn't make it to the surface in time and after losing consciousness he somehow made it to the shore, by sheer luck or outsider's interference he does not know. Either way he was thankful as he cought up water, kissing the soil and raising his arms to the sky he thanked the Gods.

After regaining his composure and resting for a while he stood up and looked around in search of anything of value.

As he searched he used 15 Segments to look for anything valueable.

[roll0]

resources found in area...

15 Lake Water

33 Basic Wood

10 Riverstone

(I'm thinking of changing colecting resources to just spending segments 1-1 on whatever resource you choose rather than rolling for it...)

feedback?

Alastor watched in awe as four large portals opened up around him. He wondered vaguely how he got into the void in the first place, but shrugged it off. No use thinking about that now. Smiling cheerily, he wandered towards the closest portal - the blue one - and peered at it. He leaned closer in an attempt get a better look, but ended up tripping over his own feet and diving headfirst through it.

When he finally exited the transit between worlds, he landed gracefully in a lake. Using his amazing swimming ability, he made his way to shore and became king of the new land!

Okay, I'm lying. Alastor did a bellyflop into the water and immediately started drowning, albeit in a very dignified and respectable manner. Not that it made a difference.

Spotting alot of resources Ryzom started trying to gather them with his 'hands'.

Spending 50 Segments

[roll0]

Ryzom gathers:

14 Lake Water

16 Basic Wood

10 Riverstone

Resources remaining:

1 lake water, 17 basic wood

Alastor waved his arms around frantically, searching for something to grab onto, but found nothing. After much struggling, Alastor managed to do an awkward doggy paddle to shore and spent a good five minutes hugging the ground.

With that done, he rose to his feet and looked around for some usable resources.

[roll0]

Resources found:

2 Riverstone

Resources now available:

1 Lake Water

17 Basic Wood

2 Riverstone

Niwel watched as the lizardman and a here to unseen human walked into the blue portal that Gabriel had created in his absence. He looked down at the large cloth that the angel had left for him. Niwel held it in his hands felt the heavens. He put it away and and looked deep int the blue portal. It did not beckon him, not like the green on did, but neither held his interest. Niwel braced himself and stood as tall as he could though his body was tired, he had expended so much effort into exploring this prison. Niwel squared his shoulders as he head forth into the yellow portal.

Niwel gets sucked into the yellow portal. he in now in transit to a new relm.

you will arrive, when I get off my lazy but and compile all my scattered notes and information...

-----------------------

Niwel Has arrived at the Haunted Halls

(information can be found in the information section)

Niwel was more than exhausted as he came into the black caverns on the other side of the yellow door. He could barely see a thing and all he could determine was the smell of mildew that hung in the air. The earth felt like stone and so from it Niwel decided he had to believe himself this time in a cave. He rubbed his eyes, he only wanted to rest now, to sleep and regain his strength, he needed to bandage his hand as well, he realized in afterthought. He tucked his bleeding hand under his arm and compressed it into the armpit of his tunic. A temporary measure that had to function for now.

Dangerous things lurked in deep caverns, there was no time for rest, As his eyes slowly began to adjust to the dim light as much they could Niwel took to his knees and began to feel about the floor searching for anything other than the cold rock, maybe he could find the cave wall and follow it to wherever it led.

Search 10 segments

[roll0]

Searching Niwel found

Cavemoss x 10

Temple Stone x 16

Rotting Wood x 10

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Having searched the ground Niwel had come across somethings that could prove useful and gathered them.

10 segments to gather

[roll0]

Niwel gathered

Cave moss x 3

Temple stone x 5

Rotting wood x 2

I cannot edit this post to roll 5d6. When I roll again and it adds my double post to this post it treats that roll as [roll1] however roll1 is the first d10 I rolled and so it copies the first roll in the post and places it in the spot where I want there to appear a roll for 5d6 I have edited this post to save the toch crafting for anoter post.

as a fix, you found

Cavemoss x 10

Temple Stone x 12

Rotting Wood x 10

and gathered

Cave moss x 3

Temple stone x 4

Rotting wood x 3

that leaves the area with

Cave moss x 7

Temple stone x 8

Rotting wood x 7

(not bad, you made a few minor errors there though...)

((ooc: Ive never claimed to be good with numbers, the system is definitely operatable without a GM so long as people are actvely proof checking eachother)

Niwel immediately went into motion, taking up two of the five stones he had gathered and striking them together, hoping to throw spark on a piece of rotting wood. It would be far from the safest or longest lasting torch but it would be a light source none the less.

[roll0]

Niwel receives a Rotting Rorch

Hand equip

+1 fire damage to attack

this item is a light source

this item will only last 24 hours before it crumbles to nothing

this is a low lvl item (Item rank 1)

you see writing on the wall

Friendly Spirits

Angry Spirits

Ryzom walked inwards, towards the land and away from the lake. His eyes taking in as much as he could see while walking.

( Disregard this roll, no need to roll dice when travelling inside a realm )

Rolling a 20sides dice for travel: [roll0]

After walking for a while, he remembered having his shardknife on him. So he decided to equip it before

he tried to look around for any kind of inhabitants of the blue realm.

Using 10 segments to look around for a village or inhabitant.

[rollv]10d6[/rollv]

Ryzom finds the Fwog settlement.

There is a blacksmith here

There is an inn (one night for only 3 coin, what a deal!)

there is a restaurant here, though the food looks strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back