» The Unwritten Tale » The Prologue

Sui

Retired Asshole

◄【

Test Thread】✖【Rules】✖【Info】✖【The Game】✖【Sign Up】►

All players find themselves waking up in the Void Realm. They have no idea how they got there. the void realm is an area about 100 feet across, and made of a glasslike substance. The glass "Sun" is shining brightly overhead, but outside of the ball is pitch black.

The goal is simple:

Find a way out!

Note, you receive 1 segment every 15 min

that gives you 4 every hour

that adds up to about 96/24 hours... I think...

good rough estimate on how many you should spend a day

Important Posts:

Sui said:
The sphere, already straining from it's cracked surface, explodes from within, sending shards flying everywhere, a heatwave washed across the room, and suddenly, it's as if time stops, and the air grows cooler once again.
A pure white light, unrestrained by the glass ball, shines throughout the room, the light gathers into a tighter and tighter ball, until it condenses into a shape of a man. A Muscular, half-naked man wearing nothing but a white loincloth, an equally white robe, some beautifully crafted silver and gold armor that seemed more for decoration than for protection, and a large, equally beautiful sword, strapped to his back. The man stepped forth, and spread his wings (that's right, this man has wings) and looked around.

His glaze dropped when he saw Niwel. "You!" He said. It was you that broke the sphere, correct? His voice was loud, and stern, but not angry. The walls of the glass sphere seemed to resonate with his voice. As if it couldn't contain the immense power radiating from the man. "My name is Gabriel. I am the right hand advocate of the Deity of Heaven. I was trapped in that ball, from a being whom you my hope never to have the misfortune of crossing paths with. Unfortunately, that is not something I can guarantee. The Gods are stirring, and other Advocates of the Gods are stirring. Many are not as kind as I am."

He looked around the blank room, as if he was still waking up from a long sleep. "I must be going now. The will of my God calls me away. I'll give you this as thanks. He pulled off his robe (which was nothing more than a big sheet of very white, and very clean fabric). "This cloth can ward off all things evil if used correctly, use it well."

Gabriel walked over to the center of the room, and chanted a spell. four portals opened up, one on each side of the room.

One blue portal

One red portal

One green portal

and one yellow portal

"Our paths split here young one. Fare well brave adventurer"

And with a crack of thunder, and a bright flash of light, he was gone.
Several of you are confused on how to roll dice. All the numbers being rolled can be confusing to someone who hasn't been paying attention, so here is a quick and dirty guide to how they work, and how to use them.

Behind the rolling:

[roll]1d6[/roll]

Rolls one six sided dice

It gives you a random number between 1 and 6

[roll][/roll]

Tags that roll the dice

1d6

How many dice, and how many sides on the dice

(In this case, the one is how many, and the 6 is the sides. Hence 1d6=one six sided dice)

[roll]1d6[/roll]

Rolls one six sided dice

Combine the roll tags with a valid dice choice, and it will roll when you post!

[roll]2d6[/roll]

Rolls two six sided dice

Here we use a two instead of a one. The “2” in front of the “d6” is what you change to achieve this result

[rollv]2d6[/rollv]

Rolls two six sided dice (as shown above)

but this time it shows the results of each rolled dice, and then the total sum.

[rollv]1d6+1[/rollv]

Rolls a basic single sided dice, but then adds one to that total. So instead of a random number between 1 and 6, it's a random number between 2 and 7

(I'm looking to phase this feature out of normal equipment bonuses, because it's too easy to get. I may bring this back as part of a spell bonus)

[roll=text]1d6[/roll]

Rolls a 1d6 like normal, but there will be text in front of the roll that says whatever you replace the “text” space with.

I am aiming to make this a more used feature. So when you roll, it's easily apparent what you're rolling for. (to see more uses of this feature, look down to the Common Rolls section)

List of Common Rolls:

[roll=Magic]1d6[/roll]

Used for some spells, mostly monster spells. If you don't have spells, there is no need to roll this.

Player spells are looked at on a case-for-case basis.

[roll=Enemy Encounter]1d100[/roll]

Rolled when you want to fight something. Refer to the enemy charts after rolling to figure out what kind of monster you have just stumbled upon.

[roll=Defense]1d6[/roll]

[roll=Attack]1d6[/roll]

Basic rolls for in a fight, Numbers will change depending on equipment and stats

[roll=Loot]1d6[/roll]

Used to roll for loot. Roll after killing a monster. As of now, there has not been any reasons to change the numbers. Loot rolls do not require spending segments

[rollv=Prospect]1d6[/rollv]

Used to search for new resources. Change the “1” to the number of times you want to repeat the action. Prospect rolls cost 1 Segment each.

[rollv=Harvest]1d6[/rollv]

Used for gathering found resources. Sui is currently looking into removing this aspect from the game, and replacing it with a better system in the next update. Harvest rolls currently cost 1 Segment each.

[rollv=Craft]1d6[/rollv]

One of the three main aspects to look out for when crafting. More dice must be rolled to achieve better quality results.

[rollv=Luck]1d6[/rollv]

Rolling for just about anything else. Want a NPC to give you a better response? Looking for a definite clue to help to solve a riddle? Rolling a high luck roll can help you with your interactions around the world. As some NPCs have secret options for those who approach them in the right way. I may even create new, unplanned quests to those who roll high to a NPC. Rolling for luck costs 1 segment, there's no need to roll more than one/post.

(Beware though, rolling low may cause unexpected, or unpleasant responses from a variety on NPCs)

Last words of advice:

Type out your personal combat roll codes and keep them within easy reach for copying and pasting into your fight posts. Make sure you update it every time you change your equipment or grow your stats.

Make sure the dice you are rolling in your post are the correct ones, and you aren't missing anything. Once you click the “Post” button, you can't change your dice roll.

Ryzom uses 10 Segments to look for outcrops, rocks, trees, ... anything could be used as a resource for crafting.

10 segments spent.

[roll0]

[rollv]10d6[/rollv]
<- the code you need to roll 10 dice

*Ryzom gathers 4 null dust, and 6 null shards

Null dust as a dark powdery substance that seems to dampen magic

Null Shards are hard glasslike shards that resemble obsidian, and seem to resist magical effect

*Please use the above code to use segments next time

Niwel's eyes crept open, the tune of a forgotten lullaby whispering in his waking mind, drifting quickly back into oblivion as he stirred from a sleep he did not remember entering. He found himself on a hard ground, smooth and without blemish, it was foreign. The lost boy turned quick to sit up on his knees and lay his hands on the ground. The question of where he was stabbed quick into him, head darting and twisting to take in the abject purity of this new place. Niwel took a deep breath and began to search himself to see what tools he may have been allowed to keep when taken away to this strange place.

Using 10 segments

[roll0]

While he pat himself up and down, searching his person and pockets Niwels mind searched itself for an answer to where he was, a story of myth or folklore he may have once heard, any explanation.

Using 20 segments

[roll1]

Niwel finds nothing in his pockets other than a loose thread and pocket lint

Loose Thread x 1

Pocket Lint x 2

Niwel remembers of a certain being. A being rumored to be able to answer any question, for a cost.

The Oracle is a being rumored to serve the Mind Deity. He usually dresses as a fortune teller, and it instantly recognized if he happens to be run into. The Oracle may appear to whomever he wishes and speak normally in riddles.

However the area is empty, and there is no Oracle in sight

*Note, you only spent 10 segments in the pockets, and 20 in deep thought. you have 470 segments remaining

Having realized before that he's been transported to a weird place Ryzom didn't really know what to do. He had to figure a way out, so he started looking for someone to ask questions too.

As he looked around he spotted a human. The human was clearly thinking hard about something but considering he seemed to be the only one around he Ryzom walked up to him.

" Hi, I'm Ryzom. Do you happen to have any idea what's going on here ? "

James woke up and seen other people there.

{Really? Its kinda bright in here.} James thought as he lifted his arm over his eyes.

Laying back over, James tried to fall back asleep.

Having found nothing and coming to no conclusion on where he could possibly be Niwel came to a full stand and craned his head about searching about the immediate area. Observing the gradation in the floor and ceiling he came to the conclusion that wherever he was it was rounded however more important than this he saw something moving toward him, a humanoid something by the looks of it and as it approached he made out it was a lizardman of some sort and the shape of the being put him aback, unsure if it was friend or foe.

When it spoke Niwel could only scarcely understand the creature, unaccustomed to the common tongue of the “civilized” nation states, though at the least he could recognize what language was being spoken at him.

“Er-”.

He weakly began, trying to gather his thoughts

“Nat... jai...nalet haf... here'd”.

He said, or tried to say through his accent and little understanding of the common grammar.

“Eh”.

“Jai, Jaust wokened”.

He half heartedly tried to explain himself though it was clear that even he knew that there was little he could communicate.

Ryzom barely understood the human but he made out he just woke here aswell so he'd be of little use to him.

As Ryzom inspected the spherical environment and tapped it a few times he noticed it was made of glass.

Perhaps he could break it, he thought.

First he needed some sort of weapon or item to try and smash the glass though.

Ryzom scanned the area again but found nothing of interest, so he decided to go through his belongings and try to craft a magic-repellant knife with the null shards. Afterwards, if he succeeded, he would coat it with the null dust.

He would try and sharpen one shard with another null shard. So basically using 2 shards.

[roll0]

Ryzom crafts a Rough Anti-Mage Knife

+1 to attack when equipped

Magic defense are lowered by half when counting damage by this blade

This is a Piercing weapon

Item rating is 3

" Hahaaaaaa. " Ryzom exclaimed as he held the finished product in his hand.

" Now to get this baby to work. " He said as he started stabbing the glass shell with brute force. Seeing no change he tried even harder.

[roll0]

The glass floor doesn't even get scratched. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place?

There wasn't much that could be done to bridge the gap in language and understandably the lizardman turned his attention away from Niwel and began to craft a tool of some sort, Niwel however did not stay to watch exactly what it was he had made and turned about, scanning the land of anything of immediate notice, slowly beginning to walk away from the area he had awoken, walking toward and then along the edge of the white prison, his attention kept higher than eye level.

Searching with 30 segments

[roll0]

realizing that he can not sleep, James sat up and looked around. Standing up, James continued to look around.

"I need to find some items. I do not want to be caught in a situation and not have anything." James said quietly to himself.

Looking around the sphere, James searched for items(null shard/null dust).

[roll0]

Niwel uncovers :

Null Dust x 56

Null Shard x 60

James uncovered:

Null Dust x 6

Null Shard x 8

Note, anyone in the area can harvest resources once found. just because you prospect it doesn't make it yours

Resources in area:

Null Dust x 62

Null Shard x 68

There was an abundance of the materials that he ad seen the lizardman used and fashion a tool out of, so much that it bewildered him that he could stumble upon it, Eventually niwel decided it may be useful to gather up the resource in as much abundance as possible, whatever ti was it was here and may lend a clue to how to return home, to return to the quest he was duty bound to complete. Niwel went to his hands and knees and began to gather up as much as he could manage.

70 Segments to Harvest prospected objects.

[roll0]

Niwel gathers

Null Dust x 33

Null Fragment x 37

there is now

Resources in Area:

Null Dust x 28

Null Fragment x 29

The light from the hovering orb started to agitate Ryzom, especially since his efforts to carve his way were proven unsuccesful.

It was clear that he needed something else to get out of here, Ryzom considered this a test rather than an emprisonment. For he could not remember doing anything evil enough to be awarded this fate, because of that he started to go over all kinds of options.

Seeing nothing else of value in his immediate proximity he turned his attention to the orb.

' Maybe I can make a better dagger out of the shards from that orb. ' He thought.

So he tried to destroy the orb with his anti-magic dagger. Spending 20 segments.

[roll0]

The orb goes from a soft white, to yellow, to an angry orange, as it is attacked.

the orb grows hotter, and the whole room seems to become hotter

Slowly the orb gets red, dimly at first, and then a bright cherry red, as heat waves seem to wilt the air in front of it.

The orb becomes cracked

Are you sure it's a good idea to continue?

this may be your last chance to turn back.

Hissing, Ryzom stopped attacking the orb as it seemed to have a mind of its own and becomes, naturally, angry when attacked.

Not knowing what to do Ryzom just stared at the lightemitting orb for a while, examinating it.

Spending 10 Segments.

[roll0]

The orb is made of a similar substance as the ground, but not quite, it appears to be holding something in, rather than keeping something out.

A very powerful magical force seems contained within the orb.

The orb is cracked, and quite hot

Ryzom's mind raced through all kinds of possibilites, outcomes and options before he finally decided to take a leap of faith.

He still had some null dust with him, he sprinkled 1x null dust on the orb and waited to see if it would react.

Using 5 Segments. [roll0]

The dust slowly drifts off the orb, since gravity flows in the opposite direction here

the orb is still red

it's still cracked

and the room is still quite warm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back