• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom RP Interest Sheet

WakingDawn96

Dreams Come True
(Hopefully I am putting this in the right place, if I'm not please be a dear and let me know and help me change it as I am newer to this site and still learning. Also, it may take place on a fictional planet, but it shares locations that have already been established in Disney and fairytales but just in a new light)

The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom

There is a universe among a sea of endless universes where what you know isn't the truth in this place. Beloved characters you thought you knew, familiar places in far away lands, stories you once held dear, all of them now changed and brought into a brand new light. This is the story of The Untold Universe.....

In The Untold Universe, classic and beloved Disney and other fairytale characters live in one huge single world, the exceptions being lands like Wonderland and Neverland where those worlds have their own realms not located on the singular world. Every character to come from a Walt Disney story or fairytale live in these places, with the exception to ones who have yet to exist (and no we are not counting characters from Disney Channel, the Mickey Mouse cartoons (because this is not the Mickey Mouse story, look elsewhere for that.), etc. because those characters would just ruin the fun of the story. So please no characters like this, including the characters of Elena of Avalor and no Kion from The Lion Guard, etc. It strictly has to be a character from a Walt Disney movie or a classic fairytale story).

However, just because these characters come based off stories already told, these characters are not the same as their counterparts. These characters have changed their stories and made them completely new, though some have kept many of their counterparts' qualities and history. But these characters are meant to be looked upon in a brand new light and in a very brand new way. So characters like even the great hero Hercules could become something he hasn't been seen as before, something completely new for his character that doesn't involve him being a hero.

But as for what is bringing this story to light, well it all starts with Book One: A Spark in the Kingdom:

In the singular world simply called Yuta, there are many different kingdoms, but right at the heart of the world is a kingdom called The Maxia Kingdom. There a noble prince watches over the entire world using a crystal globe that lets him see the world in search of potential dangers to the citizens of the universe. Lately though, things have been going too smoothly and no dangers have appeared at all, leading the prince to worry. For he fears that the villains of the world have gone under the radar and are planning something big, either working together or not. It's this very fear that has lead the prince on a new journey, he has been tasked to search for potential allies to join up with to stop the villains of the world and save the world from their dangers before it is too late. Though, no one said who the villains are, and who the heroes are as well. Meaning, heroes of stories once told can become the villains of this tale, and vice versa, also for some characters, it doesn't matter what appearance they once had, nor what gender they were, there can always be a twist to make them not like their counterparts as well.

Anyways, that's basically the story and idea behind this RP, let me know who is willing and actually able to join, please tell me you are actually going to have time to do this or not. I know life can be busy and school is starting back up, so just let me know if you actually can join if you are interested in this RP, so I know I can count you in. Don't try and do this if you are going to be too busy to help this story out, as you should focus on life and not this, there will be another chance for you on a different date in a different time. And for those who can actually partake in this story, I will be glad to have you tag along, and if you have any creative ideas, just let me know, as I am opened to suggestions, as long as they are reasonable. :)

I like the looks of this. One question, can we play OCs or actual characters from the movies.

The idea is mainly you are taking the existing lore of the Disney classics and the fairytale stories and changing it to how you would like to rewrite the stories, so technically you can be both an oc and an already existing character. But for the way that you asked it, if you want to make a new version of a beloved character, then that's what this RP is for, but if you want to make ocs based around fairytale or Disney elements, then that depends on what you are trying to do, but I will mainly lean towards saying yes, as long as the character fits the overall world they are in, and a few quick rules for OCs to keep in mind:

1.) Must Fit the Environment of the Story overall

2.) Do not make a character that tries to be 2017 modern, as I'm not accepting characters from modern times that wouldn't fit the story, like don't give me something that couldn't exist in the past as well as the present, because most Disney movies are based around the past, and Fairytales are entirely fictional tales, so yeah don't make a character that could be seen as modern in the world we live in today

3.) This is the origin story for a lot of these characters in the world, so that being said, just don't give me characters that are the children of the classic heroes, unless they actually could exist at the time, like the Gods on Mount Olympus could have children we don't know about since that is a very real possibility and would work, but just no children of classic characters if it wouldn't fit. (And I know that Simba has Kiara in an actual Disney movie, but this would be set around the time before he became king, so there is no possible way for Kiara to be born, and any situation that relates around this, just don't do without good reasoning.)

4.) Be creative, I know this sounds dumb and you probably hear it all the time, but I mean this when I say it. I am giving you a world you can do almost anything in as long as it is around a PG rating. I am letting you have endless possibilities of what to do with these characters, other than my few rules, and so I don't want copy and paste stories we've all seen before, give me something special and different, bring about a new light to this world of endless possibilities. Just make whoever you want to make, following my rules and that isn't already taken by someone else, and use your creativity to carve a great story that can surprise us all, rather you have an OC or classic character at hand. :)

And that's pretty much my only major rules involving characters, besides the rules already listed with the plot details. I want this to be fun for all of us, and the best way to have fun is to be creative and help one another in the story. :)

The idea is mainly you are taking the existing lore of the Disney classics and the fairytale stories and changing it to how you would like to rewrite the stories, so technically you can be both an oc and an already existing character. But for the way that you asked it, if you want to make a new version of a beloved character, then that's what this RP is for, but if you want to make ocs based around fairytale or Disney elements, then that depends on what you are trying to do, but I will mainly lean towards saying yes, as long as the character fits the overall world they are in, and a few quick rules for OCs to keep in mind:

1.) Must Fit the Environment of the Story overall

2.) Do not make a character that tries to be 2017 modern, as I'm not accepting characters from modern times that wouldn't fit the story, like don't give me something that couldn't exist in the past as well as the present, because most Disney movies are based around the past, and Fairytales are entirely fictional tales, so yeah don't make a character that could be seen as modern in the world we live in today

3.) This is the origin story for a lot of these characters in the world, so that being said, just don't give me characters that are the children of the classic heroes, unless they actually could exist at the time, like the Gods on Mount Olympus could have children we don't know about since that is a very real possibility and would work, but just no children of classic characters if it wouldn't fit. (And I know that Simba has Kiara in an actual Disney movie, but this would be set around the time before he became king, so there is no possible way for Kiara to be born, and any situation that relates around this, just don't do without good reasoning.)

4.) Be creative, I know this sounds dumb and you probably hear it all the time, but I mean this when I say it. I am giving you a world you can do almost anything in as long as it is around a PG rating. I am letting you have endless possibilities of what to do with these characters, other than my few rules, and so I don't want copy and paste stories we've all seen before, give me something special and different, bring about a new light to this world of endless possibilities. Just make whoever you want to make, following my rules and that isn't already taken by someone else, and use your creativity to carve a great story that can surprise us all, rather you have an OC or classic character at hand. :)

And that's pretty much my only major rules involving characters, besides the rules already listed with the plot details. I want this to be fun for all of us, and the best way to have fun is to be creative and help one another in the story. :)

Ok. Well I was planning on doing a Zootopia style character. Would that work?

Ok. Well I was planning on doing a Zootopia style character. Would that work?

Zootopia is a very interesting property, and honestly, I forgot about it being an option or not. I am going to sadly say no Zootopia, along with no Wreck-It Ralph, and movies like that, as I feel those are set too far ahead of the time of this RP, I'm also making a new rule of also no Star Wars (I don't know much about that series and it would just slow me down trying to figure it out), no Pixar, no Marvel, and movies that seem too modern or set in a future setting. This RP takes place in a setting where there are still kingdoms and things of the past, and before we got to modern real world times today. So nothing modern is going to be allowed, as that just wouldn't fit the timeline very well. And there is a reason why we are set more in the past than the present, but you will just have to trust me on this for now.

If you want to RP as an animal, there are still characters to choose from, from Robin Hood, to The Jungle Book, to The Lion King, though no one is allowed to play as Simba and Scar (I am taking on those roles myself), and so on that fit much better in this timeline then Zootopia could, because that world is set in the future, and this is set more in the past.

But anyways, sorry I am going to have to deny Zootopia and futuristic movies like that because it just wouldn't mix into the world with the other stories since this is set more in the past.

Update: Brave is allowed in the RP, however, since its a special case that would fit the story and Merida is a Disney Princess, so yeah, it's a special case.

Update 2: Here is the character sheet page for people to get started out, and jock down ideas for characters. Though, the RP won't begin just yet, just wanted to get prepared already. :) The Untold Whispers: A Spark in the Kingdom RP CS (Open)

Last edited:
Still looking for more people, and more characters for the story. If anyone is interested please let me know. :)

Also, I have listed a few characters I have reserved, if anyone wants to reserve a character, let me know! :)

Hello! Is there a limit of how many characters we can have?

I will accept as many as everybody wants, with the exception of you don't bite more than you can chew.

So no limits to the amount of characters, as I like to use a bunch of characters myself, but I must advise for you not to go overboard, because even I have my limits. So yeah, if you want to make even more than four characters, that's allowed, just don't go crazy. :D

I am starting to want to do this RP sooner and sooner, but it's going so slow in the making process of it. So, there still is no rush to do it immediately, but if we could try and start this RP by Wednesday-Thursday at the latest, I would greatly appreciated it. Also, if anyone has anybody they know who would be willing to join this, feel free to send them my way, as I would gladly try and accept as many people as we can get. And again, if anyone has any special ideas for this RP, let me know as this will be a group experience and not just me running the show. Hope to have fun with everybody very soon! :)

I'm still looking for more people to join this RP. If you have any interest at all in this, please give it a chance, and I promise you won't regret your time here. :)

(Also I am looking for a specific character: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, and please have her not know Phillip at all)

Why don't we go ahead and start this RP tomorrow, and anyone who still wants to join is welcomed to, just will need to catch up. I've gotten the urge to do this RP already, and I feel like I've given enough time. So if anyone else wants to join, then please do. But for the people who already joined, I am going to start this RP up tomorrow! :)

This seems really cool hope I can join before it gets too far
Might I ask though
For pure animal characters (Bambi, Lady, Shere Khan, ect) are they to be made human or anthros of a sort?

Last edited:
This seems really cool hope I can join before it gets too far
Might I ask though
For pure animal characters (Bambi, Lady, Shere Khan, ect) are they to be made human or anthros of a sort?

I can't answer your question fully, cause that is a bit of a trick question to me, but what I can say is that you can do any animal any way you want that follows the rules. Like if you want Bambi to still be a deer, then do that, but if you want Shere Khan as a human, do that, and if you want Lady to be a mixture, like make her stand and whatnot like a human, then do that. Basically, do the version of your character that you want, just following the rules of course. :)

And even though this is starting soon, I can safety say that it will start with more on the lines of introductions to the characters and the world around them, so you should have plenty of time to still join even if it starts. :)

I have but only one point to argue. Mainly because i'd love to play either of these heorines. Rapunzel and Merida are both technically from kingdoms and don't really have any modern ties though they have been in recent disney eras and modern is a bit of a loose term. Is there a set cut off date as far as disney goes? Because technically ariel was made in the 80's. I could have totally misinterpreted but I just wanted to make sure I know what i'm getting into. Because this could be very interesting.

I have but only one point to argue. Mainly because i'd love to play either of these heorines. Rapunzel and Merida are both technically from kingdoms and don't really have any modern ties though they have been in recent disney eras and modern is a bit of a loose term. Is there a set cut off date as far as disney goes? Because technically ariel was made in the 80's. I could have totally misinterpreted but I just wanted to make sure I know what i'm getting into. Because this could be very interesting.

It’s not set on when the characters made their first appearance, it’s the time in which the movie is set. Clearly Wreck-It Ralph is set in modern times because of how it has to do with video games, however the timeline of this RP is set in the past when there were more kingdoms then there were cities and towns. I don’t actually care when the movie itself came out, just when the movie is set. And I made one little rule somewhere that Pixar isn’t included here, but that Brave is an exception because it would fit the tone and story of this RP. So yes, modern movies by film dates are allowed, just they need to have their movies set in the past and not the current world we live in today. So Tangled, Brave, heck even Frozen are allowed because of the way they are set more in the past setting of the world. Hope that clears your problem up. :)

It’s not set on when the characters made their first appearance, it’s the time in which the movie is set. Clearly Wreck-It Ralph is set in modern times because of how it has to do with video games, however the timeline of this RP is set in the past when there were more kingdoms then there were cities and towns. I don’t actually care when the movie itself came out, just when the movie is set. And I made one little rule somewhere that Pixar isn’t included here, but that Brave is an exception because it would fit the tone and story of this RP. So yes, modern movies by film dates are allowed, just they need to have their movies set in the past and not the current world we live in today. So Tangled, Brave, heck even Frozen are allowed because of the way they are set more in the past setting of the world. Hope that clears your problem up. :)

Very much so. I'd like to do rapunzel. I have so many ideas for her. She's my favorite in general. I'm still reading up on the first page but i'll get there before I think a page up for her. I hope she isnt reserved already!

Very much so. I'd like to do rapunzel. I have so many ideas for her. She's my favorite in general. I'm still reading up on the first page but i'll get there before I think a page up for her. I hope she isnt reserved already!

No, she isn’t reserved and I have posted a quick summary of what’s been going on on the Character Sheet, which we sort of use as a OOC page as well. It will be actually interesting to see her appear, as I actually really love Tangled and I’m currently trying to catch up on the television series. :)

I love the series so much. I do but I have my own ideas. I'll go to the character page and fill out the form. Too late. I read it all!! Need less to say i'm intrigued to see everyone slowly come together. Thatd be interesting.

I’m bumping this up, and saying that I am looking for people to play Nala from The Lion King, Meg from Hercules, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and if NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 doesn’t show back up soon, someone to play her character of Princess Aurora and Maleficent. I am looking for people to play these roles who won’t go missing all of a sudden, without giving me a little heads up of you being gone. This way we can keep the RP going without having to wait around forever for people to show up. And if anybody feels like taking on any of these roles, then I will do my part and help in any way that I can, even getting you up to speed and into the story easily. :)

I’m bumping this up, and saying that I am looking for people to play Nala from The Lion King, Meg from Hercules, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and if NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 doesn’t show back up soon, someone to play her character of Princess Aurora and Maleficent. I am looking for people to play these roles who won’t go missing all of a sudden, without giving me a little heads up of you being gone. This way we can keep the RP going without having to wait around forever for people to show up. And if anybody feels like taking on any of these roles, then I will do my part and help in any way that I can, even getting you up to speed and into the story easily. :)

NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 has returned, and as such that role is fulfilled. Now I am just looking for people to play Belle, Meg, and Nala. Anybody who wants to play any of those roles, they are still available to be signed up for. :)

Bumping to find new characters. Still trying to find new people to join this. :) (Be they whatever character they want)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back