• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Underbelly of the Wizarding World (A more mature Harry Potter RP)

Flecker

I'm a legume
An RP that attempts to depict the beloved wizarding world in a more realistic, grittier manner.

What if the depravity of man is amplified through magic? What if the protagonist loses and darkness reigns? In the muggle world, these incidents are dime a dozen yet absent from the unblemished realm of witchcraft and wizardry. Just how bad would it be if everything weren't so ideal?

Part I: The Unholy Union of Misery and Desperation

(The following information establishes a possible first scenario of the RP)

Daily Prophet Issue #845
Scores of witches and wizards partaking in the suppression of the goblin riot suffer major trauma and grave injuries that put St. Mungo to its limits. With casualties exceeding the number of available beds, this riot will live in infamy as the bloodiest of riots.

_57442116-7f36-4158-ac8b-8616d4faa302.jpg
(A dramatized illustration of the battle)

C. Lindbergh, captain of the Auror detachment sent to Feldcroft, tersely said, "We've undoubtedly suffered an unprecedented amount of losses this day, my squad was wiped out, however their sacrifice is not in vain. We've definitely struck fear into their hearts."

Critics argued that men like Lindbergh and the Aurors are to blame for the recent hike in Gringotts interest rates. Gringotts board of directors denied involvement and sympathy toward subversive goblins, however a 25% monthly interest rates may indicate otherwise as families in many hamlets, storekeepers, and even Hogsmeade entrepreneurs reported "incorrigible losses." Unless a ceasefire is established between goblins and wizards we may very well be heading toward an era where butterbeer is a luxury

Witch Weekly: Sí Poppy!
If you're like me and you're craving a brand new adventure, a break from the routine, a transcendental experience that's going to blow your mind, have I got news for you!

Sometimes you gotta take a break from your bouncing bulbs or your mandrakes and live a little. What better way to feel alive than to experience some gutter fun once in a while? Now, I invite you to do a little visualization exercise with me. Imagine apparating into Knockturn Alley; spooky, dark, stinky dark wizards in your periphery, got that image? Then you're going to walk down the path, past Borgin & Burkes and the weird screeches that came from it and the abnormally hot and "totally legitimate" Dungus Dragon Emporium. You then come across a hooded gentleman leaning against the wall, giving you a knowing smile. In his palm, he revealed a phial filled with cerulean liquid.

_6123ca8d-be33-4fad-846a-401b64862506.jpg
(Can you resist the temptation?)

Mhm, you know what I'm talking about, The Polixir! A potion, not sold in any potion store and really tricky to brew, but if you find the right guy to sell you the goods, then you're in for an unforgettable night!

I know, I know, no good witch should ever roam the Alleys at night, but hey, you know how many seventh-years wandered in there? If it's good enough for them, don't you think you deserve a taste?

St. Mungo Medical Issue #318

We have unequivocally isolated one common denominator in the myriad cases of Auror Mania. They possessed a detrimentally obsessive relationship with a substance colloquially known as the Polixir.

_b7b04305-199b-4c97-9dea-b14577c06cc0.jpg
(Descriptory image of a man diagnosed with Auror Mania)

Said disease may engender a variety of symptoms, most commonly manifesting as hypersensitivity, irascibility, erratic mood swings, lack of decorum and control over the most basic of urges, seizures, and death. We wholeheartedly endorse the Ministry Polixir Tax Act to limit the spread of this epidemic.

To honor our colleague, Abraham Moses, the creator of the very same potion who, unfortunately, passed away after an incident with the addicts, we beseech that the ruling be renamed the Moses Act to immortalize his dedication and service alleviating the Aurors' pain with the liquid they've unceremoniously defiled.

Daily Prophet's Wizards & Witches to Know #16
(DISCLAIMER: The Wizard and Witches to Know curates the most influential people in the wizarding world, good or bad. We include everyone who has influenced the news the most)

Ludwig Eichmann

_d45236fc-1c72-41ea-9b2f-81ddded28440.jpg

A young rising star in the Wizengamot. After passing a record of 10 wizarding laws in under 4 years, this 32 year old is a genius politician destined for the seat of the Chief Warlock. Eichmann's perfect OWLs and NEWTs are indicative of his budding talent since Hogwarts, but he's far more than book smarts; colleagues testified to his charismatic and commanding presence which won the hearts of the harshest rivals.

Critics, however, are quick to remind everyone of the Potage’s Cauldron scandal. The establishment had claimed lucrative, shadowy deals with the Vivente crime family and they credit the work of young Eichmann through his anti-tampering laws regarding the use of cauldrons. Traces of cash infusion declassified by Gringotts also indicated a mysterious benefactor that injected over 150,000 galleons into Eichmann's account. To this day Eichmann maintains that it's a simple matter of misadministration and poor record-keeping.​

Billy Hawkins

_f268d95d-d9e1-409d-862a-e28ae17832e2.jpeg

The seeker-turned-owner of Puddlemere United is set to establish the world's grandest Quidditch Battle Royale, a simultaneous match between teams from across the globe that excited thousands of fans. Hawkins may very well be the biggest figure in Quidditch in our living history.

The Department of Magical Games & Sports were frequently inquired regarding rumors of Bill's use of a Polixir offshoot as a performance enhancer, however the rumors were found as unsound. Still, Puddlemere United's performance has been summarized as, quoting Clovis Bagman, stellarly inhuman.

Carmine Palazzo
(Picture unavailable)
The very honorable and distinguished owner of Wembley's Wicked Winged Wombats. A toy store offering nothing more than homely automatons for the young. Palazzo is a known philanthropist and is frequently photographed with ministry officials donating to the needy and entertaining sick children in St. Mungo's and the Hospital Wing of Hogwarts.

Sadly, envious enemies have spun spurious stories intimating many with Mr. Palazzo's supposed shady dealings with Borgin and Burkes' proprietors in the deals of Polixirs and their variants. However, we at the Daily Prophet dismissed its veracity without a shred of doubt. Mr. Palazzo is a genteel man who had recently donated 100,000 galleons to support addicts suffering from Polixirs.

The RP will be set in the 40s or 50s. It deviates from the main timeline of the Harry Potter lore and will investigate a tough time in the wizarding era due to a goblin-wizard conflict, an addictive substance crisis, and the rise of crime lords taking advantage of the crisis. But this theme is a first pitch, I'm going to expand the lore where the conflict evolves into a wizarding uprising and the displacement of the active government.

Let me know if you're interested or if you have questions about it! I'm also looking for people that can actively contribute to the world, so preferably people who are invested into the lore and are excited about writing new lore.

Friendly bump 'cause this is really interesting and I'd love to see it take off

To everyone who has shown interest, I'm so sorry that I disappeared and left you with no updates. I had to take care of some IRL stuff, but I'm back and I'd like to add more details to the way we're doing the RP.

1. The RP is going to be "free-form". You create as many characters as you want, then RP them whenever you like and end them whenever you feel like you're done.
  2. Character creation must be approved by me first and I will share the general things required in the character sheet. I highly recommend you don't RP as canon characters, but if you feel like it'd make sense then I'm happy to discuss it.
  3. The background info serves as an overarching backstory. There's no set timeline or storyline of the RP. You are free to add more content relevant to your characters, but I will ask you for details if your addition is quite extreme.
So that's the general idea, basically I want to create a lobby for us to RP about anything Harry Potter related. I'll share the thread links soon. Hope to see you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back