• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Uncanny X-Men (Marvel Cinematic Universe mutant RP)

How should this be played?

• After the events of Infinity War

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Before the events of Infinity War

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Alternate Universe connected to the MCU

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Focus on the standalone story primarily

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
See my other MCU idea as well.

mcu_uncanny_x_men_logo_by_ironbronx-dal2ahl.jpg

DISNEY HAS FINALIZED THE DEAL WITH FOX STUDIOS! NOT A DRILL!!! X-MEN, FANTASTIC 4, and DEADPOOL COMING TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE! I was wondering on how the X-Men would fit into the structure of the live action Marvel movies and shows...so I decided to want to run an RP with a nice and cool union of characters and some key storylines into the MCU! Infinity War was crucial, but there could be a plethora of stories and plots developed from the comics to be adapted to tie into the events of the MCU. And also with the basic premise of MCU using Inhumans as mutant substitutes, there could very well be a secret mutation from the inhuman genome that has evolutionary independency from Terrigen Mists (if you have no idea what I mean it's okay haha). The X-Gene is what makes the mutants of the marvel comics their unique selves. This playing into an already structured MCU would be interesting if people would want to do something like that!!! The Fox movies aren't that bad (Logan, OMG) but to see a change of tone and pace in an RP which we wouldn't be limited by things would be very fun! I'm 99% sure the Hellfire Club would be the first arc for this RP, that way it doesn't get too grand or cosmic in scale at first. I have so many ideas for this and I'm thinking I'll reference a clever way the comics sourced the origin of mutants into the RP. I was thinking the school for gifted youngsters has been around since the events of Avengers 1 but I need help fitting a good time frame to match the events of the MCU. I will be adapting X-Men and even some lesser marvel characters into this if this gets enough interest, so please feel free to voice interest!

*Besides, you know you need something to hold you over until Captain Marvel / Avengers 4!

Some Notes:
  • Magneto, Trask, Rogue, Stryker, and Mr. Sinister will be unavailable to claim (for now) because of the plans I have for them in the RP. HOWEVER, Professor X is available and I'm actually encouraging someone to play him for this.
  • Mystique falls into the above category as well, BUT if someone really wanted to play her then just speak with me, I'd have to fill them in on the plan (hehehe).....
  • Doubles aren't recommended at first simply due to how fast-paced I predict this RP to be, only doubling an NPC for the sake of staying connected to the School and Hellfire club.
  • I'd prefer not to have any well known MCU characters like Peter Parker, Cap, Thor, etc in this at ALL. Maybe very indirect or secondary cameos AT BEST, in which you'd have to run it by me if it's okay to do so. Can't just have them mentioned/shown all willy-nilly. That being said fictional, original, or even SHIELD / HYDRA or EVEN B-List and below characters are welcome to be adapted for this RP.
  • I would play a female mutant named Gigi Adler, with a good ol' Classic MCU twist.
  • The villains won't persay be the MEMBERS of Hellfire Club, but rather the influence of it, some themes of Captain America Winter Soldier meets Spiderman Homecoming is the best way to describe the tone of this RP.

Ok that's it! Synopsis below! Hopefully this gets traction with some strong RPers who are dedicated long-term and believe in character and plot development over just purely having powers to be OP.

Plot:

In the era of the enhanced, alien, and altogether metanormal occurrences of everyday life, the planet Earth has seen the wonders of man and universe time and time again. It all started in 2012, the Battle of New York. Some would call it a catalyst for a world to come, some however... from behind the shadows knew that it was only one of many. That indeed New York was not the origin event that the world once thought it was. That in fact, the alienated have been around for much, much longer. Not just the alien, but the doctrine of the superhuman. Man, alien, and even gods among them have resided in the shadow of the public for times unknown. And now, the same civilization that's seen a rise in empires and fall of dynasty, will have to take on a new era of fate that the universe had once beckoned before. In a world of evolving technology, humanity, and now almost alien concepts... they remain. The Inhumans were the face of public representation in regards to the outside convention of mankind. The public hates what they do not understand, that if you're different... you're dangerous. Little did they know, the species of the deviant humanity had existed long before The Battle of New York and all the awareness it had brung. Humans were never alone, even from the beginning. And now, with the world seemingly on the brink of a new paradigm shift of history, it may just take the unknown to surface into the light in order to save everything. The mutated ones were coming. Because they were already here. And with the new rise of a clandestine and elite urban legend, they will have to risk everything before it all comes crashing down on the world.

Last edited:
Couple of questions. I've only seen the X-Men movies and Deadpool, will I be able to follow this? And are Inhumans and Mutants the same for the sake of this RP?

Couple of questions. I've only seen the X-Men movies and Deadpool, will I be able to follow this? And are Inhumans and Mutants the same for the sake of this RP?
The X-Men movies and Deadpool aren't in the MCU that's the Fox Universe. But not that a deal has been made (Like Sony did with Spiderman) Those characters can be used in Marvel Cinematic Movies. So if you haven't seen any MCU movies such as the Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers movies then it's okay you can just create a nuanced original backstory.

The X-Men movies and Deadpool aren't in the MCU that's the Fox Universe. But not that a deal has been made (Like Sony did with Spiderman) Those characters can be used in Marvel Cinematic Movies. So if you haven't seen any MCU movies such as the Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers movies then it's okay you can just create a nuanced original backstory.

Oh, okay then. Thanks!

Interested. Night crawler, and Colossus are da bomb.

So for everyone who's expressed recent interest, are you guys just looking for an RP to get into or are you really wanting to do this? I'm looking for a long term roleplay with non-ditchers and if you guys are serious about it I'll start a CS asap

That largely depends on if You're allowing for posts from people with jobs. If You're expecting multiple posts a day I may have to pass

That largely depends on if You're allowing for posts from people with jobs. If You're expecting multiple posts a day I may have to pass
Well I have a job too full-time and I post multiples lol, but no that doesn't mean I hold people to the same standard. Maybe one post a day would be a good compromise.

Id be good for one or two posts in a day.

I've tried joining multiple Marvel-based threads hoping one would just stick. This one gives me a good tingly feelings. Do want. Let me in! Please :-) discord would be pretty swell too. I'm good with either but it is nice when you want to collab with yer buds

Last edited:
I'm all in! I can post one every day or every two days and if it gets super interesting multiple times. Long haul would be refreshing!! I have a bunch of characters I can choose from and I like doing a lot of plotting. I don't do discord though.

I'm all in! I can post one every day or every two days and if it gets super interesting multiple times. Long haul would be refreshing!! I have a bunch of characters I can choose from and I like doing a lot of plotting. I don't do discord though.
Likely will just be through RPN, no need to go offsite really when all the tools are here.

Oh, yeah lol my bad my brain lapsed and I forgot to write "sheet". Hate when that happens. You see the sentence written out in your head but your fingers only skimmed the memo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back