• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Traveling Soul

Echo Conscious

Graffiti Queen
18+, I'm 20
This Story Contains FxF and FxM (not that great as a male but I can work it in)
Be able to write at least one paragraph on average. I write between 2&3.

I still love the concept from the book Every Day of a spirit waking up everyday in a different body (of someone the same age and in the same town). I'm not going off the movie, because tbh, I'm still terrifed it'll tarnish the book I remember that makes me so happy.

Basic plot:
A spirit wakes up every day in a different body. The person is always the same age as the spirit and within the same city. While the soul is in control they have full access to their memory and can do almost anything; the person naturally will never remember what the spirit does, to them everything will be a foggy recollection. Typically the spirit just lives a day of who they inhabit, using their memory only enough to have an uneventful day. Every night precisely at Midnight the soul is violently ripped away from the body. The host will faint if the spirit stays too long.

One day the spirit finds someone that they connect with, and a connection starts forming. Quickly the spirit must reveal themselves to the skeptical human that is more concerned that some large-scale prank is occurring. After confirming that it's the same person behind the skin, the human and the spirit begin to fall for each other. Is the spirit the only one who is like this? Are there more?

I will be throwing some wrenches along the way and in order to help the spirit (most likely myself) ensure it's randomness. I'm going to have different combinations that I'll listen in OOC ie one will probably be something like Male, Bi, Black Hair, Single and a few more factors. At the start of every day I'll run it through a random generator and be forced to go with whatever the result is. I hope some of you enjoy this plot and are willing to try it with me ? I'll accept all to start and I will filter as I go. Also, life, school, other rps, I can reply several times in a day but sometimes I might stick to OOC and learn more about you (and your character). I will reply when I have time.

Would you be willing to bring in a little more magical elements and move to a platonic story? This reminds me of an idea I had called "Walkers" which are sort of divine/powerful spirits that are reincarnated into human bodies in an endless cycle. These individuals do not necessarily remember each individual life they live but they are aware that they are not human and that the life they live is more or less just a temporary form they take.

I think it would be interesting to bind that to your spirit idea. Perhaps the spirit is one of the Walkers or even a "young" one that got away from the rest of their kin and sort of moves from body to body at a more rapid pace than the others.

I think it would be interesting to sort of expand on this idea of people who live many lives walking among humanity. Maybe the non-spirit character could even be a relative of one of these Walkers attempting to find their own kin but they find your spirit instead. Maybe they help each other. The spirit gets someone who can they talk to and who can understand their live and the Human character gets help finding their Walker kin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back