• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The town of secrets (OPEN)

Scarlet_MCRP

Four Thousand Club
In the world there are many things that hide in the dark, creatures, demons, witches, elves, fairies, vampires, werewolfs, gods, godesses, and many more. Humans have seen glimpses over time, it's how stories come to be, but not all stories are real, humans don't know as much as they should. Some humans know the truth, they know there is more than meets the eye, you can look completely human and normal but actually be a "creature of the dark". In the middle of this world is a town called Kohaku VIllage, in this village there are many different types of people living here. Most are not strictly human but have secrets to hide. Akina a young girl in her teens happened apon this village and has been living here ever since. Akina is a half demon who grew up with a human father who hated her, she grew up hating her demon self, she grew up believing demons are all evil so she hid her demon self and posed as a human her whole life, she wears a hat to cover her demon horns.

Link to OOC form

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope we are just going to jump right in! No character sheets needed although a picture of your character would be nice. Below is the link to the OOC chat

OOC chat

Caroline Lee Johnson was considered odd, to say the least. She lived in the woods with her mother, self sufficient and quite content. She has a little sister and little brother who all live together and work on the home. Homeschooling has been the only option for her, due to her race. Her ears are easy to hide, that's true, but her mother was extremely cautious. She would sneak out on occasion, to go to the library or see a movie. She does find comfort in the woods, but sometimes she just wished she could live a normal life.

This was one of those times, where she was out and about, her mother under the assumption that she was off in the woods. She wanted a few new candles, as a seasonal celebration was approaching quickly. She found herself in the center of town, looking around. She was very short, and thin, looking almost malnourished. She had short strawberry blond hair, hidden by a beanie that she crocheted. She tugged on her sleeves looking around a little lost.

I'll post a starter tomorrow night, unless someone else wants to put a starter. any other questions or comments post in the OOC. link in first post.

Lucian Cafferey

A gentle soul with the heart to defend animals and children, he is a fairy man that lives in the outskirts of the village, in a cottage surrounded by a garden. Pansexual, young, and wise, he gives advice and joy to those that visit him. He goes to the village every now and then to get food, and to socialize.

fae.jpg

Maxim Valren

Orphaned from a young age, he lived his childhood out on the streets in the slums and quickly picked up the life of crime. The only people who seemed to care were other criminals, he quickly joined an assassin as his apprentice at the age of 13, who kept his standards high. He was to keep his uniform tidy and well kept every day and to show no fear. He was trained with a steel sword which he slowly traded for the heavy steel war-hammer. His victims knew he was coming and he was not going to let them off with an easy death. Fear spread through several cities, people were on their best behavior, treated each other perfectly to ensure nobody paid the man to kill them. Rumors spread that even the royal guard could not stop him.  At his peak a man crept his way into Maxim's heart and took him down, he spent 8 years incarcerated, the people rejoiced and forgot, until he escaped. He keeps to himself, avoids small talk as much as possible. He keeps everything as stern and neat as he can, he will only open up to people he is very close to. He is known to steal from people he dislikes and if they notice he will intimidate them to not act upon it. He is pansexual though he leans more towards the male gender, and rarely shows signs of crushes or affection unless he feels safe. Redd has been known to steal horses, armor, and blades. When he was incarcerated he spent his time with a vampiric satanist who mentored him and slowly turned him into a vampire, he still follows the satanic rituals the man taught him. With his armor removed people shudder in fear as they cant stand but stare at his covered torso, painfully poked out tattoos, dot by dot. From symbols of leadership to markings of kills, the public turns their backs and pretends to not see. When in public he wears dark aviator sunglasses and a black beanie to hide the tips of his ears along with casual clothing.

2mtmCUE.png

Redd walked through the woods, his armor rattling with every step. He stepped onto the cobblestone paving of the small fantasy like town scanning the surroundings as the metal plates on his boots made intimidating clicks. He pulled on the reigns of his horse who he made catcalling sounds to hurry him. "I know you're hungry Doe-eyes. We'll get food and water soon." he forced his hand into his armor, reaching an inside pocket, pulling out a few spare coins. "I think that's enough for a few apples for both of us." he groaned, his stomach growling.

Humming Chopin's Nocturne in B flat minor, Lucian was walking along the trail from his house to the small town of Kohaku, he had with him a bunch of wildflowers and a single rose that he just picked today, all for the florist that bought his flowers from time to time, and with the basket he was going to grab a bite to eat, and some water to drink. His face was calm and gentle, a small smile was etched upon his face perfectly. His jet black hair glistening in the sunlight, as if he was made in glitter. His eyes, were a cool blue, a calm still lake in his eyes, undisturbed, and unmolested by all strife and grief. The florist, a old graying woman with a sunflower cane walked on out, and smiled at Lucian.

"Ohh, Lucian, you arrived in time, and what beautiful wildflowers you have, my dear."

Lucian held up his flowers. "Ohh, yes, They are a sight to see. I am so glad you decided to choose them today. They are at their peak today. So it is the usual amount," The old woman took the flowers and the rose, and gave Lucian the money he set for her.

"The rose is for free, my dear, for being such a wonderful florist." Lucian said as the wildflowers was placed in the woman's arms.

"Well, thank you, bless your heart."

Lucian enjoyed smiles, he enjoyed happiness, joy, any positive emotion fueled him and he relished in it.

He smiled, bade his farewell and headed to the market. looking back at her preparing the flowers for sale.

Redd pulled the horse's reigns to a fruit vendor dropping a few coins in the man's hand and picking up some of his apples feeding two to his horse and laying the rest in a satchel hung on the steed's back. He pulled his hood off and removed his cape, laying it on the horse as well. "it's getting hot isn't it doe-eyes?" he groaned pulling on the reigns again to hurry the horse walking towards the outskirts of the city, brushing shoulders with Lucian "excuse me" he murmured looking back at him.

A light brush upon Lucian's shoulders was what startled him, causing him to lightly gasp a bit. He met eyes with the source. A man with red eyes, a dark gaze upon him, and in the light, if hit just right, his eyes looked gaunt and hollow, as if despair followed his every step. Lucian just merely smiled. "Oh no, excuse me, I can be in the way of other people sometimes. My sister always said I might die of a stampede if I am not careful." He giggled as he nodded. "You have a nice day, sir." he smiled and walked to the fruit vendor and made his order.

Never has Lucian found someone with sadness in their heart, not able to feed off of the happiness that he came across. it unnerved him, and gave him a chill down his spine, and a pounding heart, with what might come from the outside of this fantasy town.

Redd held the reigns tighter flustered at his kindness. "T-thank you" His horse gently shoved the small of his back to get Redd moving, "Are you busy today? Would you like to uhh" he brushed his hair out of his face "go for a cup of tea later?" he help his horse's head, petting his face to calm him.

Akina---was in the marketplace. Her bright red hair was mostly covered with a hat. She walked out of a store with enough for for one tonight. She looked up and down the street of the market, wondering if there was anything else she had to buy for herself. She saw a few faces she's never seen before but didn't think anything of it, since she recently just moved here she probably hasn't run across everyone who lives here. 

akina.jpg

The horse was controlled nicely by the newcomer, and the man was a bit nervous, Lucian could tell, and he was a bit of an observant man when it came to small quirks like that. He was not a social man, and he was not a man to take kind strangers to tea. Lucian didnt mind. It was different to talk to a being, and not to plants and ladybugs and butterflies. Lucian nodded. "Well, aren't you the forward type. Asking me to tea, and you dont know my name. Well, I suppose you can find that out during our tea expedition. There is a nice little cafe down the road.   I will see you there." He smiled, his voice like velvet.

Lucian turned, and walked back to his cottage, his basket of newly bought fruit and food in his arms, not turning back, but a coy smile on his face. This will be a very nice day, he thought to himself.

He walked on back to his cottage, and sighed, breathing in the smell of the fragrant flowers and the cool breeze, a small brook babbling in  the distance, It was a dream home, and a house to those who need a place to rest. Lucian walked into his cottage, placed his basket of food on the table and looked at his indoor plant, Martha. Named after his late girlfriend, Martha was a Pink Orchid that was always tended to, one of his prized possessions, anything happening to it will only send Lucian to a place he never dared to go.

"Half a cup of water, and indirect sunlight, my dear Martha. Oh how you bloom so beautifully." He took his blue watering can and lightly watered it, careful not to drown it.

orchid.jpg

Redd let out a labored sigh, obviously getting it off his chest. "I'll see you then I guess." he smiled, going to his abandoned looking cabin on the outskirts of town to get ready. He stepped onto the creaky dust coated floor, he almost shook from anxiety as he looked around and realized what he had let himself fall to. "my life is over." he sighed, Redd walked the perimeter of the room, staring at yellowing pages on the walls. Newspapers, letters begging for assassinations, red twine connecting different ones. "how will I come back" he pulled the final paper off the wall. A letter written by a French man, begging Redd to kill his cheating girlfriend. "I'm sorry Piero." he sighed, putting the letter onto the kitchen table. "I'll get her soon" Glancing at the letter again, he read the name "Martha" he mumbled. He pulled his armor off and hung it on the wall. Filling a tub with cold water he slowly slid into it. Tears ran down his cheeks, realizing how desperate he seemed earlier in the day.

Caroline Lee Johnson was considered odd, to say the least. She lived in the woods with her mother, self sufficient and quite content. She has a little sister and little brother who all live together and work on the home. Homeschooling has been the only option for her, due to her race. Her ears are easy to hide, that's true, but her mother was extremely cautious. She would sneak out on occasion, to go to the library or see a movie. She does find comfort in the woods, but sometimes she just wished she could live a normal life.

This was one of those times, where she was out and about, her mother under the assumption that she was off in the woods. She wanted a few new candles, as a seasonal celebration was approaching quickly. She found herself in the center of town, looking around. She was very short, and thin, looking almost malnourished. She had short strawberry blond hair, hidden by a beanie that she crocheted. She tugged on her sleeves looking around a little lost.

Akina decided to head home since she got everything she needed, but as she turned around she ran right into Caroline. "o-oh I-I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." she shook her head a little disoriented. She touched her head making sure her hat didn't fall off and then turned back to the girl.

((Probably with me again, it's pretty much the same guy but he's not as quiet and shy about what he's done. @Xena))

Caroline jumped backwards, a little startled, " Oh no, it's alright." She gave a small smile, "I should have been paying attention to where I was going." She saw the girl adjusting her hat and subconsciously reached for hers, making sure her ears were tucked. She looked around, figuring out that she was lost. "Um... I'm terribly sorry but I don't come into town much... Could you possibly show me to a shop where I can buy candles? I need them for a celebration." She looked a little flustered, embarrassed that she didn't know. "I mean, you don't have to! You look a bit preoccupied..." She trailed off looking down at her bags. @Scarlet_MCRP

((how can I jump in?)) :)

((I just ran into another girl, you can bump into us if you like, we're in middle of town))

Caroline jumped backwards, a little startled, " Oh no, it's alright." She gave a small smile, "I should have been paying attention to where I was going." She saw the girl adjusting her hat and subconsciously reached for hers, making sure her ears were tucked. She looked around, figuring out that she was lost. "Um... I'm terribly sorry but I don't come into town much... Could you possibly show me to a shop where I can buy candles? I need them for a celebration." She looked a little flustered, embarrassed that she didn't know. "I mean, you don't have to! You look a bit preoccupied..." She trailed off looking down at her bags. @Scarlet_MCRP

Akina smiled a bit and shook her head "Oh n-n-no I can show you" She looked around for a minute trying to remember where the best store for candles would be. She turned back to Caroline. "My name is Akina, it's nice to meet you, if you follow me I can take you to a candle shop."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back