• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Town of Blackburn (Dark Modern Fantasy)(FULL)

Imaginary Memories

Soundlessly Sleeping
sugarvine

• the Town of Blackburn
    Dark Modern Fantasy Roleplay

Someone would think those places you read about in books, the dark leather-bound time-worn books, would never exist. That they are stories only the broken minded think of.

But in some cases, it is the broken who remember that in which they survived.

There was once a town, a village perhaps, a small, small place where only a few lived. The town was surrounded by forests and where snow never dared to fall. It was a place you would pass in a moment, never knowing it was there. They had two stores, one diner, and a radio tower that creaked and groaned in the wind. The people who lived there were not strange, nor did they stand out in any way. they were people and people were all you saw.

They were warm towards anyone who entered and never would lay a hand on anyone. they were good people and that never changed. though they were good and happy, people who went there, more often than not, never came home.

That is where the rumors came from, despite the fact that these people wouldn't hurt a fly people claimed maddening and strange 'facts' that were never proven due to their outlandish nature. cannibalism, cultists, monsters, or even just plain murderers. those who had never seen the town claimed wild facts and the town became lost. people didn't enter drivers with deliveries refused to go. no one ever left. The town disappeared.

But people still disappeared near the town. empty cars that crashed, tents in the nearby woods abandoned, homes built less than a mile away gone.

And the people ignored it claiming that these things were normal as they closed their minds to the idea that something was actually wrong and they weren't just rumors. People disappeared and less and less people cared because it became normal, routine almost.

Check out the rest of the tabs for more
    info and ask any questions down below!!!

STORY
INFO
MECHANICS
CHARACTERS
RULES
sugarvine

Last edited:
I'm so freaking interested I can't even describe. It reminds me a lot of Welcome to Night Vale?
(Also, I'm not great at BBCode, so I'm just going to throw up a character concept for now. I can prettify it later if required!)

NAME: Coman Stewart
"People are talking about me. I know they are."

PRONOUNS: He/Him

Coman is an man standing 5'10" tall with pale skin and a flushed face. His brightest feature is his nose, almost always raw and itchy, his green eyes making the red in his face all the more pronounced. He has a slight frame of mostly wiry muscle. His hair is a mousey brown.

I have to say, this seems to be the most interesting thing I've seen in a while! I would love to join if you accept me!
Athena Wendy
"If I stay quiet I'll be okay,"
Female She/Her
A short, petite girl. Very small for her age, only being about 5''4 and very skinny, but not to the point of being unhealthy, as it may look. She has very pale skin, short nails, and an oval face. High cheekbones and small pink lips, lot's of freckles around her face and body. Hazel eyes and short, bright red hair.

I'm so freaking interested I can't even describe. It reminds me a lot of Welcome to Night Vale?
(Also, I'm not great at BBCode, so I'm just going to throw up a character concept for now. I can prettify it later if required!)

NAME: Coman Stewart
"People are talking about me. I know they are."

PRONOUNS: He/Him

Coman is an man standing 5'10" tall with pale skin and a flushed face. His brightest feature is his nose, almost always raw and itchy, his green eyes making the red in his face all the more pronounced. He has a slight frame of mostly wiry muscle. His hair is a mousey brown.
It has some inspiration from Night Vale! I was a big fan of it a while back!
There isn't a need to make it pretty! all the characters are going to be put on the character page ;3

I have to say, this seems to be the most interesting thing I've seen in a while! I would love to join if you accept me!
Athena Wendy
"If I stay quiet I'll be okay,"
Female She/Her
A short, petite girl. Very small for her age, only being about 5''4 and very skinny, but not to the point of being unhealthy, as it may look. She has very pale skin, short nails, and an oval face. High cheekbones and small pink lips, lot's of freckles around her face and body. Hazel eyes and short, bright red hair.
Definitely!

Il make sure to tag you both when there are enough people to start!

Ariadne Klein
"They're coming for me."
Female, she/her
She stands at about five feet six inches tall with an average build - not skinny and not overweight. She has olive skin, almond-shaped hazel eyes, and long, wavy black hair (think Moana) that is usually pulled back into a ponytail or messy bun. She has a sprinkle of freckles across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose.

btw, this sounds dope. i'd love to join.

Last edited:
Jesse Key
"Voices in my head are never wrong."
Male; He/Him
Shaven head, military style. Mischievous eyes the color of honey. Broken nose. Dog tag necklace.
Short height, 5'7". Sandpaper rough hands. Back covered and arms sleeved in faded tattoos.
Green camouflage cargo pants. Black tactical airsoft shirt. Green jean jacket. Desert tan boots.

I read the book Welcome to Nightvale; soo good.. I like this RP concept too, I'm ready for Blackburn!

Ariadne Klein
"They're coming for me."
Female, she/her
She stands at about five feet six inches tall with an average build - not skinny and not overweight. She has olive skin, almond-shaped hazel eyes, and long, wavy black hair (think Moana) that is usually pulled back into a ponytail or messy bun. She has a sprinkle of freckles across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose.

btw, this sounds dope. i'd love to join.

Jesse Key
"Voices in my head are never wrong."
Male; He/Him
Shaven head, military style. Mischievous eyes the color of honey. Broken nose. Dog tag necklace.
Short height, 5'7". Sandpaper rough hands. Back covered and arms sleeved in faded tattoos.
Green camouflage cargo pants. Black tactical airsoft shirt. Green jean jacket. Desert tan boots.

I read the book Welcome to Nightvale; soo good.. I like this RP concept too, I'm ready for Blackburn!

whoop, added you both, just waiting for 2 more people :3

Clarissa Everheart (also answers to Clary, Claire, or Clark)
I can feel this place breathing.”
Female: she/her

Clarissa has a soft, heart-shaped face. Round cheeks and a small chin support small, pink-stained lips and a twin set of emerald-green colored eyes, the irises tinged with overlapping shades of yellow and red. A light dusting of freckles are scattered across her cheeks, not in enough of an abundance to be noticeable unless you’re looking for them. Her skin is a deep, earthly brown; her hair is long, spilling across her slightly broad shoulders in a wild, dark mass of springy curls that don’t stay tucked behind her ears as they should, tickling at her elbows. Clary stands at 5’5, average height, and her body type is shapely, all deep curves with thick hips and thighs.

This RP sounds like it will be incredible. I’d love to be apart of it. :D

Clarissa Everheart (also answers to Clary, Claire, or Clark)
I can feel this place breathing.”
Female: she/her

Clarissa has a soft, heart-shaped face. Round cheeks and a small chin support small, pink-stained lips and a twin set of emerald-green colored eyes, the irises tinged with overlapping shades of yellow and red. A light dusting of freckles are scattered across her cheeks, not in enough of an abundance to be noticeable unless you’re looking for them. Her skin is a deep, earthly brown; her hair is long, spilling across her slightly broad shoulders in a wild, dark mass of springy curls that don’t stay tucked behind her ears as they should, tickling at her elbows. Clary stands at 5’5, average height, and her body type is shapely, all deep curves with thick hips and thighs.

This RP sounds like it will be incredible. I’d love to be apart of it. :D
you were added! 1 more person ;3

Lilith...
"the end lies here."
female/she
shaven head with a large scar that twists from the nape of her neck. she has eyes so intensely green they appear black. her frame is surprisingly strong despite her mental fragility. her face would be beautiful--oval, symetrical, and blemish free--if she didn't have a permanent grimace. her eyebrows are the only indicator of any hair color, which is a dark brown. her skin is a shade of mocha that looks like it's barely alive. her full lips are a blood rushed brown, the upper one scarred by a previous cut. she would have been a beautiful girl.

Last edited:
This looks amazing!! I'd love to be a part of it if you'd have me! I'll admit I haven't listened to more than an episode or two of Nightvale...

Diana "Dice" McCarthy
"We'll get out of here fine if we're lucky- and I'm always lucky."
female: she/her
Dice has a mischevious look about her, with bright blue eyes that sparkle when she has a plan. She has fair skin speckled with light freckles from head to toe - especially across the bridge of her nose and on her shoulders- and a lanky but muscular frame. Standing at 6' 2", Dice is a rather tall young woman, a fact accentuated by her long limbs. Her hair is a wavy, warm-toned light brown that reaches down to her mid back and that is usually tied up in a messy ponytail. Around her neck, she always wears a necklace made of a simple chain with two beat up white dice strung to it, which is the source of her nickname.

(No, she's not always lucky. But she does tend to get away with a lot of pranks)

Last edited:
I
Lilith...
"the end lies here."
female/she
shaven head with a large scar that twists from the nape of her neck. she has eyes so intensely green they appear black. her frame is surprisingly strong despite her mental fragility. her face would be beautiful--oval, symetrical, and blemish free--if she didn't have a permanent grimace. her eyebrows are the only indicator of any hair color, which is a dark brown. her skin is a shade of mocha that looks like it's barely alive. her full lips are a blood rushed brown, the upper one scarred by a previous cut. she would have been a beautiful girl.
This looks amazing!! I'd love to be a part of it if you'd have me! I'll admit I haven't listened to more than an episode or two of Nightvale...

Diana "Dice" McCarthy
"We'll get out of here fine if we're lucky- and I'm always lucky."
female: she/her
Dice has a mischevious look about her, with bright blue eyes that sparkle when she has a plan. She has fair skin speckled with light freckles from head to toe - especially across the bridge of her nose and on her shoulders- and a lanky but muscular frame. Standing at 6' 2", Dice is a rather tall young woman, a fact accentuated by her long limbs. Her hair is a wavy, warm-toned light brown that reaches down to her mid back and that is usually tied up in a messy ponytail. Around her neck, she always wears a necklace made of a simple chain with two beat up white dice strung to it, which is the source of her nickname.

(No, she's not always lucky. But she does tend to get away with a lot of pranks)

Whoop! I was only looking for one more person but I cannot decide between the two so your both good to go!
Once I update the character list I will finish up the main page ;3
everyone will be tagged in a link to it here AND on the actual page. See you soon!

joel-2013-12-31-13-14-49.gif

I'm interested! I hope I'm not too late. I will post the character sheet once I finish reading all the info.

Jocelyn "Josey" Ray
"The ones who play fair will never win."
She, her

She has slightly wavy, waist length turquoise dyed hair. She has big eyes and long lashes. Her natural eye color is grey but she is not blind. Whenever she get's emotional, you can see a hint of aqua in her eyes. Freckles pepper here face and climb over her nose. Jocelyn has a silver nose ring. Her lips are not big, nor small, and they are full of color. She is blessed with natural beauty but is not afraid of using it to her advantage. She has a lean build. You can never find her without her black leather jacket and knee high black boots. You will also typically see her wearing dark colors.

sorry today was my birthday ill have a post up soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back