• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Taken

"I actually don't know the history of candy." Sylvie said, "wish I did so I could tell you more about when it started... What candy food you have in your time, Danny?"

"Chocolate... Caramels... Butterscotch... Licorice." Danny shrugged, "I hate licorice."

"Me too!" Sylvie held up her hand.

Danny looked at it slightly confused. He then raised his hand and Sylvie smacked it, "Woo!" They headed down the aisle, Sylvie gathered chips, cookies, and other snacks of different varieties for them to try.

((Timeskip?))

Once out of the store, the groceries were stored in the back on the floor where Miriam and Danny weren't sitting. Sylvie and Eugene then pulled a map out of the glove box and placed it on the hood of the car. Sylvie pulled out google maps on her phone and between the two, they planned their voyage to Big Springs. Danny watched curiously standing off to the side. He saw they planned their trip much like they had in his time, however, this map was much more detailed, and Sylvie kept using that tool that she nearly always had in her hand or pocket. In the store, Danny had seen others with it as well.

"Sylvie what's that thing?" Miriam asked, pointing to her phone. "I've not seen anything like it yet." She said, wondering what the girl always used it for.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sylvie was prepared to explain this one, "It's a phone. Everyone who had one, which is most people, have a number. If I type in their number, I can call them and speak with them, or I can send them instant letters called texts." Sylvie explained.

"Why do you have out out now?" Danny asked.

Sylvie held out up for the two to see, "It's got a map on it that's a little easier to plan routes with."

"Wow....." Miriam trailed off. "Instant letters. And calls whenever you want to speak with someone.... And a built in map. That's amazing!" She cheered. "How can I get one?"

"I'm sure we can find a way for you to get one..." Sylvie said thoughtfully as Eugene folded up the map, "They can be expensive... Like that bothers my dad though, he's rich."

Miriam's eyes widened. "Oh no, I can't cause you to spend anymore money on me. You've already done so much." She replied. Rich or not, she hated asking people for money. Her mother had always taught her that it was rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back