• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Sunless Citadel

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle
I'm looking to lead a few hearty folks through an adventure.

Why should anyone travel the cracked cobblestones of the Old Road? The fortress that once cast its shadow across the road does so no longer-- some whisper that the earth swallowed the fortress whole in an age long past. Four brave adventurers resolved to discover the truth and set off down the Old Road, but they never returned.

This adventure involves a once-proud fortress that fell into the earth in an age long past. Rechristened the Sunless Citadel, its echoing, broken halls now house nefarious races and malign creatures. Evil has taken root at the citadel's core, which is deep within a subterranean garden of blighted foliage. Here a terrible tree and its dark shepherd plot in darkness. The tree, called the Gulthias Tree, is shepherded by a twisted druid, Belak the Outcast. Belak was drawn to the buried citadel twelve years ago, following stories of oddly enchanted fruit to their source. The druid found an age old fortress pulled below the earth by some past magically invoked devastation. With the ancient inhabitants long dispersed, vile and opportunistic creatures common to lightless dungeons infested the subterranean ruins. But at the old fortress's core, Belak the Outcast stumbled upon the Twilight Grove. He discovered at the grove's heart the Gulthias Tree, which sprouted from a wooden stake used to slay an ancient vampire. Upon the Gulthias Tree, magical fruit extrudes forth: A single perfect ruby-red apple ripens at the summer solstice, and a single albino apple ripens at the winter solstice. The midsummer fruit grants vigor, health, and life, while the midwinter fruit steals the same. In the years since Belak's arrival, the enchanted fruit has enjoyed wider dispersal in the surrounding lands, promoting good and ill. But the seed of either fruit, if allowed to sprout, brings forth only ill: Vaguely humanoid and evilly animated stick bundles known as twig blights eventually spring forth.

Sounds cool enough, definitely need more information about the ultimate goal (if any) but tentatively. I'm interested!

Sounds cool enough, definitely need more information about the ultimate goal (if any) but tentatively. I'm interested!

The "ultimate goal" would be wether the Characters choose to destroy Belak and the Gulthias Tree, or not -- and who knows what repercussions could happen then?? :)

I've also got a few other things worked out for the story... this is akin to a Dungeons and Dragons type Campaign where the story is highly driven by character choice, though it is not open-ended. There is an end, but how it unfolds really depends on what the characters end up doing within.

This is actually the 1st of 4 stories that I have prepared as a kind of "series" though each adventure can hold it's own by it's own right.

I'd love to join this! But first, I'd like more information about the available magic, classes, and weapons. You mentioned DnD as a reference for how the story will be driven, but can we expect about the same system for world building and character creation?

I'd love to join this! But first, I'd like more information about the available magic, classes, and weapons. You mentioned DnD as a reference for how the story will be driven, but can we expect about the same system for world building and character creation?
Roughly, I'm going to say yes. Though I'm thinking I will give a bit more creative freedom. If you have something in mind, just pass it by me and I'll figure if it will work with the story. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back