• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lore
Here
“Ugh!” Pom grunted as she stepped through the portal, her heel slightly sinking into the soil of the field. She swatted down at the high grass as it brushed her legs.

Suddenly, she sighed. ‘Duh,’ she thought to herself as she went to check her brace, a device similar to a smart watch. It was strange, she couldn’t seem to connect anywhere, her brace couldn’t even tell the time correctly. Pom’s heart dropped. The only reason for her brace to not work correctly would be if she had been teleported to a different dimension. It would take FOREVER to warp back to her own dimension.

“Hey! -” Pom loudly snapped in the air, somewhat distressfully, “- what Dimension are we in?” She flicked to a projected holographic list of the most well known dimensions. 5 names showed in a vertical list, all comprised of a single letter and a few numbers. Pom showed the group (mainly Valerio) the list. “I’m from A90031, does your brother have a dimensional warp???” she sounded more stern and demanding than earlier.

"Dimension? I don't know what you speak of daemon. What foul sorcery is this? This is Savos not.... not this!" Valerio looked fearful at the images that sprung from her wrist.

"Daemon I know I summoned you and we must survive together, but I beg you to not display your foul powers lest the seekers find us sooner!"

Valerio looked visibly distressed and ready to bolt. She looked elven, but there was too much different and the powers she displayed. She must be a daemon. Only daemons had power over magic like so. To make and move air to form everything and anything she wants. He was going to die from his own unintentional summons

It was becoming very clear to Ania that everyone here seemed to be operating on different technological levels and their views on various things changed accordingly. However, it was also clear that it didn't quite match up to the development and values of Earth.

To have such a strong reaction to her speaking of working with numbers - she was no scholar, more of an accountant! - this had to be a civilisation with a relatively low level of education, those who WERE educated tending to be of the higher classes. Of course literacy and mathematics weren't universal where she came from but they were at the least the norm. If you couldn't read you were considered underprivileged.

While this matched the apparent technological level, the man's treatment of her did not. At a similar level on Earth, society was largely patriarchal and women remained in the home. They weren't educated. He showed little surprise at Ania being capable of working with numbers or being a scholar, at least not in that way.

The alien on the other hand seemed to be far in advance of her own culture. Speaking of warping and dimensional travel as well as having a portable holographic display.

...and Valerio began to babble about her being a daemon. He didn't react too poorly to Ania's watch but the holographic display upset him. Good to know.

"I...don't think she's a daemon. This is some kind of technology, not powers." She tried to help cool things down. If Valerio bolted, believing himself about to be vaporized by evil magic or something, none of them were going to survive this. Also his raw panic was starting to grate on her nerves so she could only imagine how the others might be feeling.

Valerio looked at the woman in disbelief. "She is no daughter of Salieri nor Lyssian. She can only be the spawn of Sphiasis!" Valerio made the sign of protection with his pointer, pinky and thumb extended on both hands and crossed over each other to form the crown of the first champion.

"Her kinda have waged war against ours for all time. They would annihilate us given the chance! It is known by all here on this world. Only those touched by Salieri's light are to inherent the world."

Valerio's panic was replaced with righteous fury from the tales, rules and code he followed for a whole life time. His hands balled into fists at his side. Did the beyonders not know the tales of light?

“What did you just call me ??” Pom’s anger was growing; this man claimed to have cause the warp to malfunction, and now he was insulting her. She didn’t even know what a daemon was, but she’d be damned before she let some possible terrorist cal her one.

She stood there, her face darkening and her skin boiling as the man went on with lies about her and who she was. “Oh, so now you’re being racist too?!?!?” She readied herself as the man looked as if he wasn’t getting ready to fight. Her fists started to glow pink.

“Raging wars??? Say some more lies, bitch!” She shot a small bolt of pink-colored energy. Her projected powers were a bit weaker and less-trained than her shielding, so she’s just hoped it was enough to scare him into surrendering. “You have crossed the fucking line!!!” She readied herself for another bolt if necessary.

"I'm Valerio of Clan Vyriss. I was a disciple of the lord of paths. Before that, I was a knight under The Order of Vyriss like my brother and my father and my forefathers. In fact, this land was given to us when my patriarch Vriss slew the great demon." Answered the young man. "And I'm Aybara Wilson, a hunter." Aybara had a lot of question but he chose not to ask it now as he wanted to observed more about this world plus got to know about the others.

As he heard one of his companion introducing herself, he looked at her and realized she had almost a same hair with him the only differences was she got a darker hair than him, 'So her name is Ania'. "I apologize nonetheless. I hope my brother can find a place worthy of your stations and not as summons." Once again Valerio apologized to them, 'Not as summons.. but what is that mean?' Was a new question Aybara wanted to asked Valerio but before he could speak he saw something amazing, there's an image came from one of his companion hands and stared at it with amazement. Back in his home he heard people talking about magic but never had a chance to saw it by himself, he got excited and blurted out "Is that magic?!" without thinking.

When he heard Ania talked about it was not a power but technology Aybara realized he just talked without much thinking and felt embarrassed with himself, Aybara quickly calming his mind and started to observed his surroundings again when he realized Valerio was talking about annihilation and war. Aybara saw Valerio was upset, and wondering why would he upset just because those images?

A deep gash cut through Valerio's heart. It didn't cut straight through. The magic ending within his heart. Valerio staggered back before falling to a knee. His eyes were filled with anger and hate. "DAEMON!" Valerio knew he would die. The daemon purposefully went for the deathstroke. She was no doubt an infiltration and the one who caused his spell to go awary.

He felt the fields of his ancestors surround him. The sky was so.... blue. Memories of knighthood, sunderings and love's flew by. The final nail of memory was the fleeting memory of killing his grand uncle the one who spoke up in his defense to pursue his education. The last words touched his lips "I curse you all to die at the hands of my own" with that Valerio hero of the 12th battle of New Salieri, Disciple of the Fabled Order and son of Vryss died with hate on his lips and confusion why such a simple spell killed him like a fly.

Everything happened so fast that Aybara couldn't react much except took a step back. He saw something pink colored shot from the same hand as the image before, and suddenly Valerio was lying on the ground mumbling something about curse. Aybara took one more step back and glanced at the one who killed Valerio, "Why did you do that?". Even though Aybara couldn't said that he was sad but he felt annoyed with Valerio death, he knew Valerio was the only person he could asked anything about this world or even helped him got back to his own world.

'And what should I do now... father, please forgive me...'

Ania stepped back slowly from the alien, readying herself to strike should she need to. She had no idea of the usual vital spots were similar on the alien but a cut throat was a cut throat, right? The alien appeared to be breathing and stopping the breathing would work, right? The moment the alien looked like she was going to attack Ania, she was dead.

This...could very well have been a mistake. The alien was angry, yes, but did she mean to kill Valerio? It wasn't quite clear. She seemed...rich? Perhaps a noble of some kind? Killing someone could be her first response to an insult. If so, Ania was out. The alien was on her own. Ania plotted a path through the short plants, trying to remember how the energy projectiles worked. She believed she could figure out a way to run for it if she needed to.

“Oh fuck” Pom threw her hands up, “my PR manager is gonna kill me..” she turned away from the group, holding her hands to her temples and grunting through the stress.

She quickly spun back around and pointed towards his probably dead body “I didn’t touch his ass, he probably just fainted or something” she waited, glancing around to the others, as if someone was going to check his body for her.

Despite being ignored by the tall creature, Eleanor didn't pursue the conversation, especially since the world seemed to fast forward around her as she blanked out. Everything went by so quickly, first the hooded summoner introduced himself in a grandiose manner as if he was trying to make a good first impression. She wasn't quite sure why he was so formal when everyone else here literally knew him as a murderer. The super tall lady and Valerio started arguing about something, yelling disjointed insults at each other and what not. Then using some pink laser beam, she shot him, our ticket of hope no less, instantly killing him. It was almost comical the way things played out. Eleanor would've started laughing, if she didn't realize all the repurcussions of his death. Now, they were stranded in a foreign world with no guide and no one to answer their questions. They literally just figured out how dangerous this world was too.

Heaving a heavy sigh, she looked over towards the two, how should she say, sane members of the troupe. The only male appeared somewhat distraught, whilst the muscular female looked antsy, as if on guard for something. Both were slowly stepping away from the alien female, not saying a word. "Why don't you check?" She scoffed at the alien. Eleanor probably seemed delirious at this point. No response to the deaths that keep piling up? Or the fact that she was confronting this 7ft tall alien? Whatever, nothing was making sense anyway. You know what, why she sticking with these clearly crazy people anyway? Comradery in the fact that they were all summoned from another world? More likely than not, she was going to get stabbed by Ania in her sleep, or shot by another stray pink laser gun. She didn't know what the hunter could do, but she didn't exactly want to stick around and find out. "Right. I'm leaving." She spoke flatly, before turning swiftly on her heel and walking away. To where? Wherever this field of oddly golden wheat led to.

“I’m going to his brother’s house.” Pom said, breaking the current quiet shock, aiming her voice in the direction of Eleanor. “He doesn’t know anything about his brother or what just happened. And if he does react negatively, he’s a hunter, she’s a body builder, that bitch has a knife, you nearly killed the old man, and apparently my abilities are strong enough here to miss and still kill a guy. We will be fine.” She looked in the direction of every person she described before finishing back in the direction of Eleanor.

“... obviously you all don’t know who I am. My name is Pom Niduina, I am from Halei, I am a model and actress...” she was annoyed again, but tired of fighting and asking questions. She felt like a child, telling the class who she was.

Eleanors surprise at Poms sudden cooperativeness, caused her to stop dead in her tracks. It was as if she was a completely different person compared to her arrogance earlier. Suddenly giving logical suggestions and perceptions, who was this? Was this really the same alien? Just as Eleanor opened her mouth to reply as she turned her head, she noticed parts of the personality she knew seeping back into Pom. Kind of conflicted, she took a deep breathe and allowed her inner annoyance to settle. We should stick together. She calmed herself with that simple thought. "Okay. I'll stay." She concluded with those quiet, but meaningful words. "I'm Eleanor Farrow, I used to be an author on Earth."

Ania was definitely not sure what to do. The alien definitely didn't seem to be inclined to kill anyone else so she wasn't in IMMEDIATE danger. She decided that probably the best thing to do was stick with the group and-

And one of them was already leaving. She jerked out of her thoughts and stared between the summons, wondering whether she should follow the one who was leaving. To begin with...she didn't look like she could take care of herself very well. The least well of the group. Ania's protective instincts flared but she ignored them for the moment to listen to the alien speak...and regretted it.

A...bitch? Really? After all she had really tried to do was calm things down a bit? Ok she had a knife but-

But this wasn't important. What the alien - Pom, apparently - thought of her was the least of her worries. Ania half listened to what Pom was saying, ready to run after the other if she kept going, which thankfully she didn't...a model and an actress. Ania didn't have a particularly high opinion of either profession...despite being a kind of actress herself. A spy was useless if they could not act.

"I'll...stay too." She put her knife away and held up her hands to show that she meant no harm. "You already know my name. I'm from Earth too...probably from a similar timeframe to you, judging from your clothes and education?" She addressed Eleanor.

"Yes, I remember, Ania right? Sure seems like it, I'm from the year 2019 if that's any indication." She spoke in a bit of a daze, taking a glance at her clothes and hairstyle to make her judgement. It was pretty weird having a normal conversation out of the blue like this, but they should stay focused rather than loitering near this dead body. "Let's get going, sounds like our actress has a plan." She spoke calmly with a slight hint of passive-aggressiveness.

"2019 also, yeah." Ania nodded slowly then turned to the other two. Going to the brother and...bluffing their way into his good graces. They knew Valerio's name...they could simply say he was killed fleeing the training rooms. It wasn't a great plan but right now there weren't any great plans. It was either this or set off on their own in a random direction with no knowledge of the world, no idea where to go, no supplies and no plan. Ania definitely preferred the former option.

Pom was...a problem though. She couldn't show off her technology or powers any more. If Valerio's brother reacted the same way they would have to kill him, the hundred men and the mage Valerio mentioned. Ania was good with her blade but she wasn't that good.

"Ms Niduina," she went with polite, hoping she wasn't offending with the 'ms' "I think maybe you should put away anything that might frighten these people. We don't want to fight our way through more than a hundred people."

Aybara stood silently looking at his companion, he's kinda surprised with how calm they were despite just witnessing 2 murder in a day. Aybara knew by Valerio death it means they had to stay alive by themselves, 'but can I trust them?' was the only question on his mind right now. Even though he knew how to use bow, but he hadn't kill anything other than animals with it and didn't know if he could do it or even wanted to do it.

While Aybara thinking what he should do now, he saw the other girls whom he didn't know her name was leaving. But before long, the... creature who shot Valerio talked “I’m going to his brother’s house.” was what it said and told them the reason why, Aybara realized it was mentioning him and he felt he needed to tell them that he never killed a man in his own life.

Before he had a chance to told them, it was introducing herself and apparently it was a she... Aybara glad he had not talked yet. One by one everyone of them introducing themselves until Ania told Pom to put away whatever she had that might be frighten other people, Aybara realized he had to tell them about how he never killed anything other than animals, "As I have tell you my name and what I do, I feel the importance to tell you something else.." Aybara glanced at everyone nervously, "I haven't killed anything other than animals.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back