• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Storyweaver's Search-- Detailed, Literate, Dedicated

Fyralis

illa ignis
THE STORYWEAVER'S SEARCH
Hey everyone, Fy here. The time has come for me to post yet another RP advertisement, hoping that one of you in this interwebby wilderness will find that your writing wants/needs/values will align with my own. I’ll start by saying that I’m very picky...but I won’t lead you on. I encourage you to be picky with me as well. In this ad, I’ll tell you absolutely everything that I am searching for so that it’s all laid out there. Feel free to ask me anything you want...writing questions are encouraged.

ABOUT ME
  • I’m a 23 year old female and writing is a longtime passion and love of mine. I lead a busy life, and I find time to integrate this very important piece of artistry into it. That being said, I can post anywhere from 3 times a week to daily depending on what time allows. I’ll always keep you updated though.
  • I am a detailed, literate writer. I don’t believe in one-liners. My average post length is 3-5 paragraphs, sometimes more if the situation calls for it. I don’t believe that quantity is equivalent to quality, however, and I’ll get to that in my next point.
  • I am a full believer that writing is an art. This is perhaps one of the most important things you can take away from my ad. I don’t just throw together words. I want to create life. Together, we can form worlds that are intricate, beautiful, and filled with nuance. These worlds will be filled with dynamic, multi-dimensional characters that have their own flaws, stories, and ambitions. Most of the time, that means diving into a lot of plotting. Like many of you, I love plotting. I get lost in it, at times. I’ve said this before...If we write together, I’m committed to creating written life with you. I want to do that beautifully.
  • I write any gender and any pairing. However! I have been writing a lot of males recently, and I’m getting very tired of it. I’d like to play a female in an MxF pairing. That being said, I also love doubling/having multiple characters, so I’m sure we could work something out so we’re both happy.
  • If we become RP partners, I am communicative. I will not ghost you, or suddenly disappear. If I’m not interested, I’ll let you know. As far as OOC goes, I use it for plotting and to get to know my RP partners. I leave that up to the comfort of my partner. I've been friends with some and simply writing partners with others.
ABOUT YOU
Now that you know who I am, here is exactly what I’m looking for. Like I said, I’m picky. This list may look exhaustive, but it’s only fair to you that you know exactly what I’m looking for. I won’t waste your time. These qualities are a must for me.
  • 20+. I’m 23, and I know that a lot of RPers will even do 18+, but I really can’t. I know, I know. But this is a firm rule. I like to explore mature themes, and I’m only comfortable doing that with those over the age of 20.
  • Detailed. I’m looking for someone who is not interested in one liners or tiny posts. Ideally, you are just as passionate as I am about creating lovely worlds and characters.
  • Literate. Please, please have a strong handle on English and grammar. I get that everyone makes typos but there's a limit.
  • Comfortable with mature themes. I’m not asking for a totally messy RP, but I do like exploring mature themes. This is why requirement number 1 is so important. We can talk about boundaries and limits should we decide to be partners.
  • Committed to creating dynamic characters and a detailed world. I would hope you share the same passion for story and writing as I do.
  • Comfortable writing any gender. Particularly, this is for the people who contact me saying that they only write females. Do. Not. Contact. Me. If. You. Only. Write. Females. I write both, it would be cool if you were also versatile.
  • Interested in multiple characters. This is something I love, and I think that multiple characters pave the way for a richer world.
GENRE BIT
The fun stuff! I enjoy most genres but my favorites are dystopian, science fiction, post apocalyptic (give me a good viral zombie outbreak and I’m there), and fantasy. Seriously, any type of fantasy. I’m down for mythological creatures in modern Paris, or a wholly new world based off of ancient Rome.

I can get excited about most genres, except slice of life. Sorry if that’s your thing, but slice of life is not for me. As far as fandoms go, the only one I’m interested in is Harry Potter. I’d want to make original characters however, and would prefer to be in the post-Harry time period.

I am a sucker for romance and enjoy interweaving it in some way. It’s the perfect seasoning, but it’s not the whole meal. Also, if you’re actually seeing all of this and decide to contact me, please tell me your favorite animal so that I know you’ve actually been reading. Thanks!

I only have two available plot templates prepared which I can share upon request. One is about a virus that creates zombies, and the setting is in a post-apocalyptic America. The second is based off of Greek-mythology, centered in a fantasy world of gods and men. I’m also very interested in hearing any ideas you might have.

STILL READING?
Congrats on making it all the way through my post. If the stars are in our favor, please message me with some info about yourself as a writer, your writing interests, and a writing sample if you have one! Please don’t contact me with one sentence, because I really do want to learn more about you as a writer. Happy haunting!

Fy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back