• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Stars' Promise

shymorgan

Leader: Stormstar- scarred, lithe black-and-whited tom with blind eyes

Deputy: Fadetail- brown tabby she-cat with light green eyes and a short tail

Medicine Cats: Milkbee- large, light fawn tabby she-cat with yellow eyes
Fidgetclaw- dark grey, messy-furred tom with dark blue eyes

Warriors: Sagepelt- white tom with amber eyes
Snaketalon- brown-and-cream tom with blue eyes
Icefang- brown she-cat with dark amber eyes
Mossleaf- grey tabby tom with thick black stripes and dark green eyes
Brindlesong- grey-and-ginger tortoiseshell she-cat

Apprentices: Haypaw- ginger-and-white tabby she-cat with yellow eyes
Hazelpaw- fawn-colored tom with two white legs and dark green eyes
Finchpaw- brown-and-ginger tabby she-cat with hazel eyes

Queens: Owlface- large red-and-white she-cat with yellow eyes
Pebbleflower- pale grey-brown tabby she-cat; Mother to Softkit (a long-haired pale tawny tom) and Frostkit (white she-cat with blue eyes)

Elders: Pineburr- spiky furred tom with shredded ears and broken teeth
Nighthawk- skinny black tom with a white chest and amber eyes.

OOC/Plot Thread

Recruitment Thread

~*~*~*~
Silverpelt glowed above her, seemingly brighter than normal with the moon not in the sky. Ferns brushed her pelt, dirt between her paws instead of sand. Finchpaw always loved the forest more than the beach. While beautiful, the beach and the ocean were the only things she saw. The forest held far more interesting smells and sights. She could see Silverpelt from here instead of the cavern that was DriftClan's camp. One ear twitched, listening. There were many new sounds, ones that weren't common closer to camp and the beach. Lifting her muzzle, the young cat tasted the air.

Sea breeze.

She tilted her head, looking over her shoulder. Strange. The beach would be behind her. Why was the scent in front of her? When Finchpaw turned her attention back around, her hackles rose. A she-cat stood a fox-length away, looking at her with sad eyes. She smelled of sea breeze and warm milk.

"Runningbreeze?" Finchpaw was surprised she said her mother's name as easy as she did. Runningbreeze died very suddenly when she was only four moons old, leaving her alone in the nursye until she was of age. This was her first night in the apprentice den.

The she-cat merely dipped her head, looking deeper into the forest before turning and padding away in that direction, all without a single word. Finchpaw started bounding after her, sticks and bushes catching in her fur.

"Wait! Come back!" She meowed, now running blindly as Runningbreeze had long since disappeared....

Finchpaw woke up with a start, claws digging into the soft stone of their cavern. Glancing around, she began to force her breathing into something softer, fearful she would wake up Hazelpaw and Haypaw. She didn't need them disliking her already more than they probably did. In their eyes, she was a kit, not an apprentice yet. Finchpaw swallowed, letting out a soft sigh as she pushed herself to her paws, padding out of the small apprentice cavern.

It was early sunhigh, the light barely reaching inside the cave. Very few cats were stirring awake and she sat outside the den, giving her chest a couple licks to smooth her coat down. She hadn't had a dream like that in some moons, not since she had stopped speaking about them. At least this time, it was more personal. Easier to ignore.

You miss her. There is no shame in that. Nothing more than missing her.

Where had Runningbreeze been trying to go? Not many DriftClan cats ventured deep into the forest. Not many wanted to. Why would they? There was plenty of prey here, in the water. They were safer and the forest provided the herbs. Finchpaw didn't quite understand it. She wanted to go into the forest, to explore further. Perhaps she could join Milkbee out the next time she collects herbs.

Speaking of, the young cat could hear harsh coughing in the medicine den. Her tail curled around her paws, ears pinning close to her head. Nighthawk didn't sound any better. She glanced towards the fresh-kill pile. Nothing fresh; wouldn't do Nighthawk any good. Perhaps if they went on a hunting patrol, she could bring him and Milkbee something good. Her claws unsheathed at the thought of her first hunt. Would she be able to catch anything on her first try? What if she didn't?

The coughing only continued and Finchpaw winced, muttering a few prayers to StarClan.

Stormstar stood in the center of camp, his nose raised as he scented the air, the smell of the ocean greeted him as it did every morning. He lowered his head listening to the sounds around him, he could hear the waves off in the distance, birds calling and-Stormstar winced as he heard Nighawk cough. Surely Milkbee or Fidgetclaw thought to give the Elder catmint, lavender, something to ease the Elders suffering, Stormstar knew a cough could be rough on a cats throat. He flicked his tail as he resisted the urge to wake the medicine cats and check on Nighthawk he knew not many would be up as early as he was.

He padded over to the freshkill pile and sniffed at it pushing prey aside with a paw. He pulled a few peices out that had rotted and put the rest back in a pile. He picked the bad peices up and headed to the dirt place to toss them before returning to camp, satsified that he sorted the prey out and decided to groom. He knew it would be a while more before he scented other cats in the clearing, so he walked back, sitting down by his den grooming his pelt free of dust and moss that got in his fur. He would have to ensure a patrol went out and hunted, even if he had to lead one himself.

Milkbee, the fawn and white she-cat was frantically searching her den for a few herbs that she had yet to collect. she let out a curt huff. she had just been out for herbs yesterday! How could she be out of so many already? Milkbee let out a short-lived groan of despair and the vibe of said emotion lingered in the air if somebody were to step close to the den and the now grumpy tabby. Her ears pinned against her head ´´ Im sorry, but this is so infuriating! ´´ she growled as she paced forward and back ´ ´ I can't seem to identify what you have, and it's not even Leafbare yet! So you cant have green or white cough. I-i´ll just get you some tansy and lavender.. ´ ´ The now desperate tabby padded over to her herb storage and picked a few before returning to the coughing cat. ´ ´ If the Tansy doesn't work, I might need some yarrow.. or maybe borage leaves if you have some sort of fever... ´ ´ she continued to ramble after placing the herbs in front of the bedding that Nighthawk was resting on ´´maybe you ate some bad prey or something...´ ´ she hadn't been seen so visibly stressed, and she would probably break down in wails if the cat were to die in her paws if she couldn't find out what was wrong

Nighthawk lifted his head, the tip of his tail twitching. The old cat's frame shook wit each heave, though it was clear he was doing his best not to cough anymore in front of the stressed she-cat.

"Milkbee, don't you worry. I'll be back on my paws in no time," He meowed hoarsely. He curled his tail around himself. He lowered his head to eat the herbs that the she-cat gave him, wrinkling his nose.

"By the StarClan, take me. These herbs are awful. Maybe if I walk around? It would at least let me stretch these old bones," He purred.

Finchpaw got to her paws, hearing voices in the medicine cat den. Oh, good. Milkbee was taking care of Nighthawk. Perhaps she should ask if the she-cat needed anything? She took a few pawsteps, but paused when she noticed that the pretty medicine cat was pacing back and forth. Maybe not. She didn't want to ask questions if that would ruin Milkbee's concentration. Besides, Stormstar was awake now; he might want to start her training soon.

Before she could step away from the den, she caught a whiff of the forest down the hidden tunnel. She padded closer to the entrance of the tunnel, tasting the air. So many new smells! The she-cat glanced around. Stormstar was grooming himself and other cats were slowly waking up. It would hurt to take a peek at the forest. Besides, Finchpaw didn't plan on leaving the tunnel anyways. Just a peek and turn right back around.

Stormstars ears twitched as the coughing stopped. He stopped grooming himself and stood up shaking out his fur as he walked towards the medicine cats den some scents getting stronger. Nighthawk, Finchpaw and Milkbees scents were close. "Finchpaw?" He called raising his head to try to focus better on his apprentices scent. While his blindness gave him better senses it always failed him when there were too many scents in a place. He had to focus, he cleared his throat and continued his head pointed towards the medicine cats den as that had the most scents in one spot. "Finchpaw let's go; we don't need to bother the medicine cats, not when we can be getting prey to help Nighthawk feel better sooner." He said as loud as he dared with cats still asleep in camp.

((Mobile sorry!!))

The tabby nodded thanks to the elder, before turning to face him ´ ´ Of course, you can. ´ ´ her ear flicked as she looked at the black cat ´ ´ I´ll probably go off to collect some more herbs soon, so ill ask Fidgetclaw to watch over you in a bit once I do. ´ ´ Milkbee turned on her heels one again and began to sort through the herb stock, trying to figure out what she needed more of. it was right on the tip of her nose, yet she couldn't place a paw on what it was.

(( Short post since I don't know what to do other than dialogue rn ))

Nighthawk got to his paws, giving his fur a shake.

"I'm not a kit, Milkbee. I will be fine to watch myself. No use in bugging Flipclaw. Perhaps he can help with the herbs. He is always looking at them anyways instead of his own claws. With any luck, you might be able to find honey...I remember having a cough as a kit. Gave me some of that and my throat felt better afterwards."

The black tom chuckled, dipping his head in thanks to Milkbee before padding out of the den.

Finchpaw's ears prickled at the sound of her mentor's voice. She cursed and backed away from the tunnel with a sigh. Perhaps another time. The calico tabby turned around and headed back towards her mentor.

"I'm sorry, Stormstar. I only wanted to help," she explained as she approached the larger tom. Behind her, she could hear Nighthawk stepping out of the den with a few parting words before turning her attention back to her mentor.

"What are we doing today?" She was eager to leave camp. The forest would be fun; leaving camp altogether would still be enjoyable. Finchpaw wanted to see everything, to maybe even try some hunting techniques. The clan would need it. Then, maybe when she was more profiecient, she would be able to venture off on her own.

Stormstars' ears flicked at the question and shuffled his paws. "Let's go to the ocean, we can practice fishing and swimming in the shallow pools. Stormstar knew of a patch of ocean that was shallow enough for kits and apprentices to practice swimming where the tide wasn't strong enough to pull a cat away from the shore. "Unless you'd rather try forest hunting." Stormstar offered with a flick of his tail waiting for Finchpaws answer. ((Still mobile))

She watched the elder leave and shook her head with a sigh. she had decided she´d go out again soon and would ask Flipclaw if he would like to come as well. Milkbee fixed the herbs back in place as a more appealing and neat look and seemed to grin a bit at her work. she was about to turn around again, yet got startled by the small white kit that she could almost call her apprentice. she jumped back with a small gasp fur on end before realizing that it was the large deaf kit she had taught. Her fur slightly smoothened and she gave them a motherly smile ´ Hello Frostkit, what brings you here this early? did Hazelpaw wake you again? you know how much of an arrogant jerk that apprentice is. ´ she signed with flicks of her tail, movements of her paws, and other things.

FidgetClaw awoke to a light breeze, his eyes squintIng as he sat up. He probably should have gotten up earlier, since he didn't want to leave Milkbee alone if she needed help, but it was nice being well rested.

FidgetClaw stood and stretched, then padded out of his den to see if anything was needed in the medicine den. He entered, seeing Milkbee and Frostkit. He would wait before asking Milkbee anything, she seemed to be having a conversation. To busy himself while she was occupied, he started to tidy up some of the moss beds.

(Sorry for the rushed post and if I'm missing anything, I'm kinda busy today and just wanted to get something out)

FadeTail
Driftclan Deputy
She-cat

Her eyes focused with intent unmoving as they watched the intricate ebb and flow of the water within the pool. The mornings breeze had brought the tide and with it the dampening of the sand which allowed for the females paw steps to be softer.

Even the vibrations of her heartbeat sinking into the eroded earth that now made up the wet sand where she stood amidst the rocky outcroppings between the pools could give her away.

A fine spray of sea water washed across her gaze as the light danced into the air altering the lights refraction into several colors that seemed to myriad a calm and tranquil moment. Yet to FadeTail it was all gone, only she and her prey remained in this instant. Finally her chance as she quickly swiped with her right paw startling the fish as it tried to desperately adjust its direction away from the disturbance only to meet the warriors fangs when it turned into her simple trap.
The she-cat winced her eyes at the rising sun as she ensured the fish had no more life to struggle with before placing it amongst her small pile she had been collecting. It honestly wasn’t much seeing as she had started out early in the night and the tide wasn’t out until just recently. There laid the fish she had just managed to catch alongside a small crab she had managed to find although she hadn’t hunted it, but the bird she had been tracking had found it.

She decided that was enough for now and the next patrol could find more, for now she needed some rest before the next task was to take place. Managing what she could she decided to take just the bird and the fish back and to leave the crab amongst the pool which would surely bait more prey towards this area for the hunters later.

As she made her way into the clans den she immediately placed the two catches onto the fresh kill pile before taking a close to rotting fish of smaller size for herself. The tabby then took her place beside the Warrior den she always spent every morning eating her meal quickly before giving herself a once over to remove the ocean spray and salt she had accumulated while spending the night patrolling the beach and hunting.

Once finished with her bath she ducked her head into the warriors den real quick “Sagepelt,Icefang. I want you two on morning patrol until sun high, everyone else hunt after a meal…”
The deputy started back out of the den but stopped her green eyes shimmering fro the sunlight
“And stay away from the Yellowfin channels for the time being”
she added curtly as an order before returning the rest of her meals remains to the dirt pile quickly and then to the stream to wash the salt from her tongue and to quench her thirst.

As she lifted her head her ears flicked towards the conversation Stormstar was having with Finchpaw about where to go training today, while she hated to do so she padded up to the mentor and apprentice announcing herself with a soft clacking she did with her teeth bringing her hackles back slightly to do so. This was a sort of signal her and Stormstar had begun using to signal one another since the Tom had appointed her his deputy .

“Sorry to interrupt, just wanted to let you know I handled the morning patrols and hunting patrols. So your apprentice can have your full attention this morning….right after I borrow him real quick little one”

The she-cat mused towards the apprentice before she turned passing by StormStar using her short tail to offer her respects as best as she could while dipping her muzzle next to the toms ears so she could whisper.

“I have advised the others to stay away from the yellowfin channels, I saw something unsettling there I will have to speak to FidgetClaw about it. I’m sure it’s nothing we can’t handle for now I am just being wary”

FadeTail returned to her normal position before scanning her gaze back to Finchpaw momentarily tossing her a warm look.

“If you have nothing for me StormStar I think I will be taking a nap night patrol always leaves me exhausted”
the she-cat expressed with a yawn but her appearance showed nothing of her fatigue.​

Interactions: StormStar: Azymondias Azymondias
Finchpaw: shymorgan shymorgan

Last edited:
Stormstar grumbled as he shook his head. "Whats so important about the yellowfin channels?" He asked his ears pinned back as anger laced his voice. He was really annoyed; he knew Silverclan made him leader for a reason, but how could he lead if his own deputy acted like he was a kit, unable to do anything. His gaze for once was spot on, staring directly at Fadetail, but the emotions he felt never reached them, he had gotten good at masking emotions.

"Also Fidgetclaw is going with me and Milkbee to speak with our ancestors tonight. Milkbee wants to ensure that hes the one meant to be her new apprentice so please try to bother Fidgetclaw as little as possible. Milkbee is the senior medicine cat if you need something go to her." He scented the air to make sure no other cats were around but he also knew that the sounds of nature would keep the conversation masked since none of the cats were yowling at each other.

"So are you going to finish telling me whats wrong with the channels or should I ask you to join our training session and we can talk while Finchpaw fishes?" His ears flicked forward, he was still angry and upset but kept his muzzle shut, not wanting to stir any more issues up between him and his clanmates. He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself, getting angry was not a good thing, he was useless to the clan angry and rageful.

Interactions:
Finchpaw: shymorgan shymorgan
Fadetail: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Grumpy Stormstar :P

Finchpaw perked her ears up at the sound of potential forest hunting. That would be fun. She had seen a bit of the shallows already. They weren't a bad place to start but...Before she could open her mouth, Fadetail appeared beside Stormstar, concern glowing in her eyes. The young apprentice bowed her head, taking a couple steps back and turning her head away from the older cats as they discussed heatedly about Yellowfin Channels. What was wrong there? Maybe they could go look?

The sound of the Moontree caught her attention and she shuffled, wanting to open her mouth. Perhaps she could accompany them? She could watch the cave. Or maybe she could go with Fadetail and figure out what was wrong with Yellowfin Channels....too much was tumbling around in her head. There was so much to do and see...where could she even begin?

"Umm," she finally meowed as the two stared stonily at each other, "Can I help? With Yellowfin or the Moontree? I can keep watch! I helped Mossleaf guard the camp one night and he said I had was really good at it."

It hadn't been the whole night. In fact, by Moonhigh, Finchkit had been tucked under the warrior, fast asleep. The queens had fretted over the missing kit and warned her to no longer bother the cats while they were guarding camp. Since then, FInchpaw had tried staying up, to practice being alert even when tired. So far....it hadn't gone very well.

At his sudden anger the small deputy turned her features as cold as StormStars had become, how his frustrations for his own limitations should be pressed on her in front of his own apprentice was beyond her.
“You don’t have to ask anything of me…whatever you want me to do I will StormStar”

Everything she had done was for the clan and to assist the Tom so he had more time to train Finchpaw but it appeared she had done wrong in his sightless eyes.

“I was trailed by a falcon this morning as I ran the channels, until I had dealt with it I didn’t want others put on its path”

She explained aloud this time still choking back her own irritation from his flare of anger. A falcon was not something most warriors had the fortune of meeting and coming out unscathed, it required preparation and skill to deal with and even then it was not an easily won battle.

StormStars calming breath caused her to do the same. If the deputy and clan leader were at one another’s throats the clan could never continue as smoothly as it always had. That single reasoning is what confused the she-cat however. She was loyal and had always done what was best for the clan and StormStar ever since she was named to be his deputy.
It felt like a thorn of distrust to the female but she let it fall aside for now.

“I will speak to milkbee when she is not otherwise engaged then, StormStar”
She had meant the interaction with FidgetClaw to be one of learning that lacing some freshkill with certain herbs could incapacitate a bird of prey that was certainly faster than a warrior to dull its senses and allow a swift cat to bring it down.

The she-cat dipped her head in respect but remained until she was either dismissed or told to join with Finchpaws training.
As she waited the Leaders answer she turned her gaze toward Finchpaw who had indeed heard everything they had spoken of.
“That is not up to me little one…”
FadeTail expressed but the warmth in her voice was back now as was the soft and caring features across the tabby’s face. She visibly relaxed a bit as she spoke to the apprentice not trying to exert her worries onto the young warrior in training.

Interactions:
Azymondias Azymondias shymorgan shymorgan

At his sudden anger the small deputy turned her features as cold as StormStars had become, how his frustrations for his own limitations should be pressed on her in front of his own apprentice was beyond her.
“You don’t have to ask anything of me…whatever you want me to do I will StormStar”

Everything she had done was for the clan and to assist the Tom so he had more time to train Finchpaw but it appeared she had done wrong in his sightless eyes.

“I was trailed by a falcon this morning as I ran the channels, until I had dealt with it I didn’t want others put on its path”

She explained aloud this time still choking back her own irritation from his flare of anger. A falcon was not something most warriors had the fortune of meeting and coming out unscathed, it required preparation and skill to deal with and even then it was not an easily won battle.

StormStars calming breath caused her to do the same. If the deputy and clan leader were at one another’s throats the clan could never continue as smoothly as it always had. That single reasoning is what confused the she-cat however. She was loyal and had always done what was best for the clan and StormStar ever since she was named to be his deputy.
It felt like a thorn of distrust to the female but she let it fall aside for now.

“I will speak to milkbee when she is not otherwise engaged then, StormStar”
She had meant the interaction with FidgetClaw to be one of learning that lacing some freshkill with certain herbs could incapacitate a bird of prey that was certainly faster than a warrior to dull its senses and allow a swift cat to bring it down.

The she-cat dipped her head in respect but remained until she was either dismissed or told to join with Finchpaws training.
As she waited the Leaders answer she turned her gaze toward Finchpaw who had indeed heard everything they had spoken of.
“That is not up to me little one…”
FadeTail expressed but the warmth in her voice was back now as was the soft and caring features across the tabby’s face. She visibly relaxed a bit as she spoke to the apprentice not trying to exert her worries onto the young warrior in training.

Interactions:
Azymondias Azymondias shymorgan shymorgan
((Apologies for making stormstar overly grumpy it wasn't intentional on my part XD but i did misread and failed to edit my reply properly!))

"Go rest Fadetail. I apologize for being rash, I need to talk to Milkbee about herbs to help me sleep." Stormstar said dismissively a sigh escaping his muzzle as he scented the air, so far no new scents so no one heard his outburst. He tilted his heads towards the forest. "We'll do forest training today since it seems the waters are a bit dangerous at this time." He kept his voice calm and leveled as he spoke to Finchpaw trying to ease himself back into a calm, relaxed state as there was nothing to be angry about. He knew his apology wasn't the greatest either but he wasn't going to grovel. "Lead the way Finchpaw." Stormstar said pressing his tail against the apprentice's side.

Icekit snuffled as a peice of moss got in their nose as they slept; they sneezed and sat up; alert and fully awake. They saw Milkbee tending to Nighthawk before the older cat left the den leaving Milkbee, and Icekit in the den. Icekit waved a paw and motioned towards Milkbee and tilting their head. Your stressed. Icekit noted looking at their surrogate parental figure. Somethings wrong?

Mentions

shymorgan shymorgan dance of the corvids dance of the corvids VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Milkbee ~~ Driftclan medicine cat
Interaction; Azymondias Azymondias

Location; Driftclan camp

Milkbee watched the kit make movements, as she shifted under her paws, and let out a small sigh. Yeah... he doesn't seem to be getting any better than he usually would be. She lowered her head in shame, What if he doesn't get any better? She asked to the white-furred kit, who she probably shouldn't be mentioning death to

I don't want him to die, especially if it was on me for not helping him fast enough. She continued her rant, the only sounds in the den were the scuffling of paws and faint breathing

Finchpaw shuffled her paws, giving Fadetail a small, hopefully encouraging smile. She knew the deputy was trying her hardest and Stormstar was stressed with the growing dangers. Hopefully, StarClan would be able to tell them what they needed to know. And she was determined to help in any possible way. The calico tabby turned her head towards her mentor as he nudged her towards the tunnel. Her heart started racing and she could feel her fur fluffing with anticipation.

The she-cat padded forward towards the tunnel, bounding forward without a second thought. Only when she reached the very end did she stop short. She may be excited but she wasn't that much of a mousebrain. The forest was dangerous. She needed to be alert; Stormstar would be impressed by that. She paused, tasting the air. Much like her dream, the forest was full of unfamiliar scents. Some familiar from when hunters brought prey back...but much of it was still new to her.

Trees stretched the sky, cluttering the forest floor. She sucked in a breath and glanced at Stormstar.

"This is amazing! Where should we go first?"

FadeTail
Driftclan Deputy

FadeTail bowed her head and tail as she excused herself and giving Finchpaw a slight nod and returning her encouraging smile but noted his mention that he was not getting good enough sleep. She would have to add another thing to see Milkbee about later as well as the herbs to handle the falcon. The she-cat turned back towards the warrior den and entered inside finding her bed of moss which she adjusted slightly before laying down and resting her eyes momentarily. She would be awake however after only a few moments various thoughts running through her head.

StormStar had mentioned taking FidgetClaw tonight along with Milkbee. That added to the comment about his lack of sleep caused her to muffle a groan into her bed of moss as she lifted herself to her paws and exited the den moving at a quickened pace towards the medicine cats den. Before getting to the entrance she called out for the she-cat.
“Milkbee are you busy?”
The deputy slowed her gait as she crested into the entrance of the den and noticing Icekit was present as well.
“If I could just bother you real fast for two things. StormStar is having trouble sleeping again, if I could get something to leave at his den for him….and something that can down a falcon quickly”
The deputy spoke very calmly but tossed in a yawn as her lack of sleep was beginning to catch up with her.

Interaction: dance of the corvids dance of the corvids

Last edited:
Interaction; Fadetail VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Location; Driftclan med den

The tabby looked to the deputy standing at the entrance of the den and nodded ´ ´ I should have some poppy seeds if I'm correct. ´ ´ she spoke before pausing ´ ´ I think I have some death berries or Holly somewhere. ´ ´ Milkbee padded over to the herb storage and carefully picked a few death berries, as well as holly. she wrapped them in a leaf before searching for some poppy seeds, which she found quickly and placed them in front of Fadaetail

´ ´ These should do the trick for both. ´ ´ she nodded off towards the deputy, with a kind glint in her rustic yellow eyes ´ ´ I do hope these work, especially about the falcon. don't want any of the kits to be scooped away. ´ ´ she sighed

FadeTail
Driftclan Deputy
The deputy watched as Milkbee moved around the den gathering what she requested dropping it in front of her.
“Thank you Milkbee, anything I can do to return the favor?”
The female offered in case the medicine cat had yet to grab herself a meal or if she needed something checked on in her stead.
Not that FadeTail could do much when it came to a medicine cats duties but she knew a little.
The deputy scooped up the medicines and poison by the leaf wrapping being extra careful not to crush anything.
As she did so she noticed frostkit and did her best to attempt signing a hello and how are you? with her paws as she didn’t have a tail to completely interpret her language.

Interaction: dance of the corvids dance of the corvids

Icekit watched Milkbee work, as she noticed Fadetail motioning towards her she motioned back. Hello and Good were her two responses. She tilted her head and nodded at the leaves in her mouth. Are you sick?

Stormstar led Finchpaw to the first clearing. He flicked his tail as he scented the air; he didn't smell anything wrong or out of place. No predator or rouge scents at least. He turned back to Finchpaws scent turning his head towards the apprentice. "Now your going to need to go into a crouch." Stormstar said at the word crouch lowering himself down into a hunters crouch his tail level over the grass and his paws even with his shoulders. "Make sure you have a good stance. Don't put too much pressure on one paw. Try to keep things even."

((Mobile.))

Interaction: Fadetail VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Frostkit Azymondias Azymondias

Location; Medicine den

The tabby looked at fadetail with a small smile ´ ´ nothing much. maybe some prey would do. i haven't eaten anything yet, nor has Frostkit. ´ ´ she subtly explained before looking at the deaf kit. No, she's not, she's just looking for some herbs for Stormstar to help him sleep and something to kill a falcon quickly. Millkbee signed to her once she finished

Her attention turned back to Fadetail ´ ´ make sure not to get anything mixed up aswell, its easy to mistake which one is which. ´ ´ she warned with a serious tone, as well as serious look across her face

Last edited:
Finchpaw struggled to put attention to Stormstar’s words. They were ringing in the background, barely echoing back at her. There were too many sounds of different birds singing, squirrels chattering in the trees above. There was a slight gust of wind, rustling the leaves. It was a beautiful sound, much more soothing than the ocean waves. The calico sighed softly, closing her eyes…

Only, her mentor’s words came back at her and she realized he was crouching. She flicked her tail and copied his movement, trying to readjust her paws so they were even. Her body felt as if it was tipping much too forward, her muscles straining to remain in that position.

“I didn’t expect this to me so hard,” she meowed, trying to use her tail for balance and stumbling slightly.

((Sorry, mobile!))

When Milkbee got serious it could be scary even to the deputy, she nodded to the request and mumbled a thanks through her leaf bundles. Quickly exiting and placing the first bundle of the death berries beside her spot outside the warrior den, before she made her way up to StormStars den. She thought a quick apology towards the leader for intruding into the toms den before entering. Once inside she padded towards his moss bed and laid the leaf beside it allowing it to unravel so the poppy was visible.

With that she immediately high tailed it back towards the other bundle to secure it from any wandering kits or curious others. All the while giving passing greetings and catching up with a Queen or two in the den fetching food for them before doing the same with a fish and the bird she had caught this morning.
Returning to Milkbee and Frostkit, she placed the items by the she-cat and dipped her head slightly.
“If you need anything else let me know, I will be resting inside the warrior den until around sunhigh”
The deputy added before beginning her exit toward her moss bed stopping to add a goodbye towards frostkit with a smile and then finally scooping up the deathberries and placing them under her moss bed so her body heat could warm them while she rested and they could be protected from any curious passerby. With her tasks done she finally could follow StormStars order and rest her eyes.

Interaction: dance of the corvids dance of the corvids Azymondias Azymondias

Stormstar used his tail to press against Frostpaws legs pushing them in various spots until he felt like he adjusted the apprentice correctly. "Keep your tail over the ground, not enough to be seen but not low enough to brush the grass, if you practice you can even hunt with your tail over your back if that helps." He mewed as he crouched back down resuming his hunt. He closed his eyes listening, his paws feeling for vibrations. He knew there was something nearby, the ground vibrated just barely, so it had to be prey a mouse or shrew. He crept forward the scent filling his nostrils as he heard faint chittering, and he knew then there was a mouse, he lept; not anticipating a bush but crashed into it clumsily, he forgot how close they were to the actual tree line. He pressed down as hard as he could on the bush trying to trap the mouse, listening as the squeaks got louder as he pressed down but when he lifted a paw to get the mouse he heard a final squeal and something run past his back paws.

Icekit looked at Milkbee motioning towards the prey that Fadetail brought them, her stomach grumbled but she waited; she would let Fidgetclaw and Milkbee pick their preferences first knowing that Milkbee would most likely share with her. She thought about Nighthawk, how she hadn't eaten yet either, but she wasn't sure where the older cat went to even try to bring Nighthawk prey to eat. For all Icekit knew, Nighthawk was out on patrol or resting in a den somewhere.

shymorgan shymorgan VeiledPariah VeiledPariah dance of the corvids dance of the corvids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back