• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [The Stanley Parable] || romance & angst || Stanley x The Narrator

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
if you're goofy for stanarrator then you've come to the right place

What I'm looking for in an rp
- Gay Romance
- Complex plots involving conflict and twists (this can include dark themes; we can discuss limits in DM)
- Quality over quantity literate posts (I'm pretty chill tho as long as the content is interesting/compelling!)

Who I am and what I'm looking for in a partner
- I'm an adult, over 25. I'd prefer near or older to this since we are rping romance. I know that age doesn't necessarily = experience/maturity, so we can chat about compatibility as long as you're over 18

- I'm a SILLY

- I love brainstorming and chatting about rp possibilities and our characters' dynamics. I hope to find someone who also enjoys that!

- I'm passionate about writing, but I also like to relax and be lazy about my posts sometimes. I am a laid-back rp'er hoping to find someone else who is pretty chill.

- That said, my post length is typically a couple paragraphs to a page long. I can do anywhere from one paragraph to multi-page length (RARE), depending on how intricate the scene is and stuff! The multi-page thing is usually setting up a scene or transition or something.

- I enjoy doubling and bringing all kinds of other characters into the mix to keep the plot compelling. Hopefully you do too!

- I'm in EST

- I can post daily, but sometimes I like to take my time in considering what to do next. Feel free to bug me if you want.

- I like rping over discord or here is fine, lmk if you have a diff preference

Onto the good stuff. For any of these, I'm open to playing either character.

Plot Ideas
- The Narrator realizes he is just as trapped in the game as Stanley (how he realizes this could happen in different ways), and they resolve to work together to figure a way out. Their journey is fraught with complex feelings and bonding<3

- Modern AU (e.g., The Narrator does audiobook recordings and Stanley gets an awkward crush on him-- based on a fanfic I've read lol. Or like, The Narrator is actually Stanley's boss. idk.)

- Clock 0ut AU (Stanley is a real person trapped in a simulation and The Narrator is tasked with putting him through life-or-death trials for some reason. There's a lot of places we could go with this.)

- Lovebug virus lol

God a different idea? I'd love to hear it!

Here's an rp sample, that's a bit edited to make a little more sense without having context of other posts, and also i removed some of the more diatribe dialogue the character has an affinity for lol. if u recognize the characters and setting, im sorry lol.

Cement crumbled off the wall, a shell about to cave against the weight of the ocean pressing in around it -- the weight of reality.

Fontaine scrubbed sweat from his forehead, his chest shaking as he forced his panting into quiet while the splicers that had chased them took their sweet time getting distracted. At least it was just a waiting game; one could always count on these eggheads forgetting what the hell they were doing, if given a second. Fontaine had watched them enough as they played cat and mouse with Jack, knew intimately the wiring in every one of their Adam-logged heads, knew exactly their behavior -- it was no different than knowing them as they were when they could be called human, when instead of Adam Fontaine was filling their heads with marketing. Both made them as pliable as butter, and he owned all the knives in the world.

He grinned as he heard the footsteps descend from anxious and fade away, hook-hands scraping on the walls and the ceiling as the sharper ones scampered off.

Ba-dump.

Fontaine grimaced against a new sensation; it felt like his veins were empty, squeezing on nothing like lungs with no air. Eve... Fuck. He was low already. Was this a fucking withdrawal? No matter... he just needed to get his hands on more, and in the meantime not let his newly-appointed bodyguard catch on. Fontaine turned his head to get a look at the aforementioned golden boy, but it wasn't easy. He had dragged the both of them into the slot in the wall of Suit Assembly, and now they were crammed between two deflated Big Daddies reeking of rubber and new manufacturing. Jack's head was slumped against his own. The man was dead weight, a rag doll that needed its crank rewound.

Fontaine sighed, rubbed his face, his fingers plowing through unmowed scruff. Just a coupla' years ago, he kept his cheeks clean... Now, he always had to leave at least a bit of shadow. He had sentimentality for his old face; he had got a lot done with that face...

Now when the hell was this meathead gonna wake up? What a waste of time, sitting here, soaking in Jack's body heat.

"Hey, boyo," Atlas said; a smooth, Irish crackle. "You're not gonna leave me hanging in the land of the living, now, are ya?"

There he was. Jack was stirring, and the look in his eye wasn't that of relief. The corner of Fontaine's mouth twisted upwards; oh, god, but he knew Jack couldn't do anything. Atlas had Jack wrapped around his little finger. He had this boy so far up on cloud nine for Atlas that Jack was loopy on a lack of oxygen. Besides..."Careful of the fights you pick," Atlas said, his voice dropping into a warning, the crouching of a wildcat. "I just saved you from a one-way trip to a life as a soulless monster. It's time the two of us had a good, long chat."

With the way Jack was looking at him, Fontaine knew the Atlas angle wasn't gonna cut it. Cat outta the bag and all. Guess Jack wasn't in for the little comforts of familiarity.

"Cards on the table," Fontaine sighed, pulling himself away from Jack enough to look up at his face, peering through the dark. The shadows were thick; he couldn't make out much of Jack's expression. He had only caught a glimpse of Jack's face before he dragged him off, and before then it had only been gritty blurs on a television screen. Now, they were finally left alone, and still he couldn't get a look at the face that threatened everything he had built over the last decade.

"You... you're my only hope." Fontaine huffed a sad chuckle, adjusted the grip he had on Jack's arm. "Always has been that way," he said quietly, so genuinely he scared himself with how good he was at this.

"Look, I've given you all the reason in the world not to trust me, I know," Fontaine continued, swiping a tongue over dry lips. "But give me this moment... It's like there's a storm in my head, been ragin' since day one being trapped in this underwater utopia, and now I got a moment of clarity, a crack in the clouds, thanks to you." Fontaine leaned closer in, his brow twisting as he made his plea. "Give me a chance. Help me get outta this grave. Help me help you... Killing me now, kid... What good'll that do ya...? You don't wanna end up like the rest of us. I don't want that for ya. I want to help you get out."

If you're interested, please message me here or in DM!!!!! Thank you!!

Random other stuff I love but am not necessarily interested in rping, just cuz we might have more stuff in common!!:

Good Omens, Our Flag Means Death, FNAF, gay cartoons, Dead End: Paranormal Park, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, The Outer Wilds (video game)

(The outer wilds is actually how I found TSP btw. It was recommended as a similar experience, and I was longing for another experiencing like Outer Wilds. I wouldn't say I got that tho. The games are sooo different
But if you enjoy open world mysteries that become super emotional then def check out outer wilds.

I think the similarities with TSP are that 1- you should play the game without knowing anything 2- they both have stories that get u in the existential feels​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back