• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Spirit of Blue Haven (STILL LOOKING FOR PEOPLE, BEGINNER FRIENDLY)

thumbelinaaa

seaspray soft
landscape-1448917164-gettyimages-106526102.jpg

I know what you must be thinking, "What the hell, it's not even Christmas yet!" Well I'm here to tell you that this is not just some Christmas RP, but an RP dedicated to some of the last (and major) holidays of the year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years (and even Kwanzaa or Hanukkah, if that applies to your character :3)

Basically, it is a slice of life RP that will have the major backdrop of the characters getting ready for the holidays to push us through. It begins here in November, and continues on through December and early January. This is not meant to be a long form RP, but an RP that you can come to for entertainment and not having to work your brain too hard.

That being said, characters will not have to float around in space. I do have some things in mind that would be open to all characters to participate in if they so please.

The vibe of the town would be, smaller than New York, but bigger than your average small town.

Realistic characters will be the vibe, though they do not have to be intensely fleshed out. Character interactions around the holidays is the real meat of the RP.

While I'm not a fan of flaky roleplayers, the plot is made so that it wouldn't be terribly inconvenient if you needed to drop out for whatever reason.

I'm generally looking for a more lighthearted feel to this RP but by all means bring some "angst" in as its called. Nobody in the town has to be perfect sunshine-y ball of happiness and the feels are all encouraged (perfect time of year for it actually), but it doesn't need to be dramatic.

Idk I'm just really craving a "free" RP wherein there are some guidelines but the story is wholly character driven.

the main thread is here!: clicky

AND of course it will always be open throughout the holiday season!!

Last edited:
Will it be required to use real life images for the characters appearance or are we allowed to use drawing/anime/cartoon images?
thumbelinaaa thumbelinaaa

tbh i wouldn't care either way... as i do not have a preference either way, but its really dependent on the feel of the RP. this is a pretty grounded RP set in a medium sized american town with lots of diversity (racial and otherwise) so idk if anime pictures are appropriate necessarily but i wouldnt disallow any from using them. in a way, i might even just have images be optional and to just describe the person instead, because sometimes everyone gets so caught up in faceclaims or whatever. no matter what im picturing the person as a regular human with regular proportions anyway.

tldr; neither would be required, id leave that up to the player.

tbh i wouldn't care either way... as i do not have a preference either way, but its really dependent on the feel of the RP. this is a pretty grounded RP set in a medium sized american town with lots of diversity (racial and otherwise) so idk if anime pictures are appropriate necessarily but i wouldnt disallow any from using them. in a way, i might even just have images be optional and to just describe the person instead, because sometimes everyone gets so caught up in faceclaims or whatever. no matter what im picturing the person as a regular human with regular proportions anyway.

tldr; neither would be required, id leave that up to the player.
ok cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back