• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Spears Shake [Approved Characters Only]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

pilgrim_

now a major motion picture

Struck upon the fields of gold,
the plundering raid
of serpent and wolf
Scurrying at the sights of all your warriors
waiting
in the rivers and valleys
and so father shall cry out
To arms, my sons, for I have fallen
not unto honour, but craven eyes
that did not demand to see what in the darkness
lies
-Extract from the Tale of the Wolfmen

There are many discussions about the necessities of basic life by older men, and sometimes by overly curious young boys. Some involve the sun, the sea, the soil, and some just claim we are the unique source of life, being so determined to settle anywhere we wish.

Most of these discussions don't seem to consider walls. It's certain that without several feet of logs, wood, and gateways, this would simply be an overgrown village quickly overrun by other unique sources of life that want to keep on living, without regard for others. They're the only structure from the town you can see at any time, anywhere. It's unthinkable that such an ordinary constant would change.

They remain a reminder that the settlement of Stridsborg is in demand- its people the hammer of a potential war forge for the next conqueror, the flourishing industry the handle of this metaphorical blade, but the edge is the will of people like you. And sharpening that edge is the difficult part, both for the people and prospective rulers. You are men selected for a local levy, whether by volunteering or popular nomination (if there was not enough warriors). Though Stridsborg shall defend its hoard of treasure like the dragons of myth, launching from the river and marching out to the fields, you are expected to be able to take the initiative, so that your fellow brata and systura can tend to their lives in peace.

It has been ten years since the Svartima - the Black Times, when the Sjomordinga realm collapsed and the settlements, for the first time in centuries, have returned to their own banners and loyalties in the face of great uncertainty. The raiding men of the land, the reikiarmen, have fallen into legend at this point, a mark of past experience for the adults of the town like yourselves. Their plundering, nomadic lifestyle has been seemingly snuffed out.

It is possible you have never seen war. It's likely you've seen fighting, raiding, the carrying out of the harsh justice of the land after the decision of the people during a Vyets, or some such other typical realities for your sorts. Nevertheless, you may be thrust into it.

Nevertheless, it may not necessarily be a fight with men you are bringing yourself to. There are always things, some you know of, like the wolves and boars, preying on the lands out there, and some you aren't so sure you're familiar with that cause disappearances.
Thus you find yourselves at your first call to action, the beginning of your great journey into the underworld that has seeped into this realm.

There is an old farmer man who wants to talk to the levy-men at the Drekin Moutrr (Dragons' Mouth) tavern.
He is waiting patiently, it is told... but no doubt people will notice if his call for help is ignored. It's also possibly a good opportunity to make yourself acquianted with your fellow warriors, though it isn't mandatory you actually like them, just that you get the job done.

Hello everyone. I'd like to give some notes on how this is going to go.
There is going to be turns for each posting, but if you take more than three days to respond, we may skip your turn. You may tell us you will be missing for a while due to whatever circumstances in the Lore/OOC thread, and we can sort out what to do with your character.
You do not have to reply in massive chunks, but try your best to make the writing engaging. Even if it is short.
Some events will have me responding to you individually, and others will be collective replies (like battles or news). After you get a response, allow for others' turns. I know this may be entirely clear to you as an experienced RPer, but I just want things to be straightforward for any new players.
Also, as specified... your character must be approved for playing in the characters thread. This is because a degree of lore-cohesiveness and structure must remain in the RP.

Have fun - this is RP, after all.

Stanislaus

The recent hunts have been getting less fruitful, that much was clear as Stanislaus had only got a couple Králiky (rabbits), at most enough for a couple days. "I got to teach my boy how to do this" Stanislaus thought, "He ought to start helping out if the family is gonna make it through winter." The boy is definitely old enough for this kind of trade, but oddly is disinterested for land and has desires for the sea. So what if there was rumors of lands further west beyond the sea? That's all they are, just rumors in a series of hopes of getting out of this strange situation. Stanislaus pondered these things as he was nearing the bridge. He heard of someone at the tavern needing help from the levy, so he will meet this man after getting the food in the larder.

Hrothgar the Hard
Hrothgar awaited the men within the walls of the Meadhall. His enormous frame resting upon a Bone Carved Chair, one made from the Ivory White Ribs of a massive Whale. Impatiently he called out "Why is no one here!" before he grabbed a horn and blew loudly into it, calling the Fyrd into action.

Stanislaus
As Stanislaus was on his way to the Meadhall he heard the familiar noise of Hrothgar's horn mustering the Fyrd. He quickened his pace to the hall and enters a couple minutes after the horn was blown. He approaches to the Thane's spot. He respected this man as he seemed to hunt as well with that bear pelt on his back. "Had to move some food into the larder sir." Says Stanislaus, after looking around him, he looks at Hrothgar. "So, where is this man?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back