• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Spears Shake: Barracks

Main
Here
Lore
Here

pilgrim_

now a major motion picture
The lovely settlement of Stridsborg, from which you reside.

Name:

Current Occupation
/Lifestyle:
Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle:
Injuries/Scars:
Desire In Life: (e.g. great wealth, fame, love)

You will be equipped with an iron spear, a wooden shield decorated with a pattern, and a nasal helmet, at minimum.
If you or your parents were hunters, you may have a bow (with 30 arrows) and dagger, but no additional armour.
If you and your parents both had professions (such as craftsmen or merchants), you may have a short blade and hardened leather armour with chainmail.

EDIT: AS MRTHE POINTED OUT, YOU LOT ARE GONNA HAVE SOME JOBS AND STUFF INBETWEEN ADVENTURING TO SAVE YOUR TOWN. Many apologies. As I said, this is realistic.

Last edited:
Name: Stanilslaus

Appearance: Decently strong build with dark brown short dreadlock hair braided on top with short hair on the sides and outdoorsman beard. Basically looks like a stereotypical lumberjack with dreadlocks.

Equipment: A light gray gambeson (a cheap but sturdy armor made by quilted layers of fabric), nasal helm, iron spear, wooden round shield with a striped red pattern, a hatchet with a perun head, and a bow with 30 arrows.

Previous Occupation/Lifestyle: Hunter/Gatherer, mostly was on the outskirts of town until things were starting to go bad, he did the occasional odd job to help the neighbors or help a trader load his cargo to go down river to Hoggornum, and on rarer (now extraordinary) conditions help give directions to people that got lost.

Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle: Mother was a tailor and his father was a hunter. Mother is still alive but pretty old and his father died from currently unknown reasons.

Injuries/Scars: A wolf bite scar on his right leg when a wolf jumped him.

Desire In Life
: With the outside of Stridsborg beginning to get quieter and the increasing dissappearances of cattle and on some occasions people, Stanislaus only wants to keep his family safe.

Last edited:
Name: Hrothgar the Hard
Appearance:
1562288160843.png
Current Occupation
/Lifestyle: Thane/Huscarl
Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle: Fisherman/Sailor/Viking
Injuries/Scars: Two facial cuts and an old Arrow wound right above the knee.
Desire In Life: To have everyone survive the next winter.
Equipment: Armor is shown in the picture above, but he also has a steel spear, a Viking style sword (this time Iron), and a Daneaxe (also Iron).
Disclaimer: (I know, he's pretty pimped out, but we need a commander for the Fyrd, plus he is pretty old)

Name: santiago aguilar
Appearance:a7aa011c6b134078bcc441742cd62642.jpg

Current occupation:merchant

Parent's occupation:his father was a merchant and his mother house wife.

Scars/injuries: he has few cuts to the face

Desire in life: to get any wealth in the middle of nowhere

Equipment: a iron spear,iron chestplate,iron helmet and a wooden shield with a orange and gold pattern, and a short sword

How he got there: after his ship was wreck into the coast of a backwards land he was forced with the few valuable he had gathered,to find any settlement to stay for a while. And try to get some money to escape from here and go back to his homeland

Last edited:
Name: santiago aguilar
Appearance:View attachment 598358

Current occupation:merchant

Parent's occupation:his father was a merchant and his mother house wife.

Scars/injuries: he has few cuts to the face

Desire in life: to get any wealth in the middle of nowhere

Equipment: a iron spear,iron chestplate,iron helmet and a wooden shield with a orange and gold pattern, and a short sword

How he got there: after finishing some trade in Norway and heading back to Spain he was ambushed by some bandits in the less good parts of norway. He managed escape with his life, horse and a few valuables. Luckily the settlement stridesburg was nearby, so he now has to get some money to get back to his home nation
Okay, a few things to point out:
This is an entirely ahistorical setting. Fantasy. Like the ones with the dragons and the elves except there's absolute none of those.
There is no Norway or Spain. The map as one can see is the known world, in terms of records and history.
I suggest you reevaluate your character.

Also if things are in any way unclear feel free to ask me stuff, I haven't gotten the entire setting out on paper just in case people didn't read it.

Well I think he is mostly using them as analogues, as we don't really have any idea of the wider world around us. Like maybe some additional fleshing out could help. At least regarding any other people groups we could possibly encounter. pilgrim_ pilgrim_

Well I think he is mostly using them as analogues, as we don't really have any idea of the wider world around us.
well... if he were to insist on talking about the land of Spain and so on, everyone would look at him as mad. The culture in this area isn't going to include Iberian Spaniards, or Italians, or Scottish people, it's just the places I've got.
I mean if he wants, he can ask "is there other places" beyond the mapped world, and so on, but they wouldn't be real world places with established history.
Plus you know I don't want to GM a game where 2 of the players think they're in some island off the coast of Europe while the others are doing entirely fictional rituals on a fictional land.

I suppose he could be a merchant from far off, but it'd be odd for them to settle down here and fight alongside us.

Perhaps a Shipwreck survivor could work better as that seems the most likely way for them to get trapped here and unable to get home. There are a great deal of historical examples where Shipwrecked survivors are found by Natives and either temporarily or permanently join their society.

Perhaps a Shipwreck survivor could work better as that seems the most likely way for them to get trapped here and unable to get home. There are a great deal of historical examples where Shipwrecked survivors are found by Natives and either temporarily or permanently join their society.
That might work, actually. Means less effort if an individual doesn't particularly want to understand the lore at first but participate nevertheless.

That might work, actually. Means less effort if an individual doesn't particularly want to understand the lore at first but participate nevertheless.
At the very least they can come up with a decent name for Fakelandia and still have their character concept remain fairly intact. And I'm always one for cool character concepts and the Stranger in a Strange Land can come with some fascinating roleplay potential, even for someone a bit new to the scene.

At the very least they can come up with a decent name for Fakelandia and still have their character concept remain fairly intact. And I'm always one for cool character concepts and the Stranger in a Strange Land can come with some fascinating roleplay potential, even for someone a bit new to the scene.
And this is the part where I make it clear that I have no prejudice against new players.

I just really want them to ask questions for their own sake.

Name: Zbychnev Soloviev

Appearance: Brown hair, ending around the upper neck. Zbychnev has no facial hair. Taller than most other people, which is further emphasized by the fact that he is rather skinny.

Equipment: Gambeson in the typical sand brown color of medieval fabric, iron spear, wooden shield (currently unpainted, maybe gonna fix that mid-RP), nasal helmet

Current Occupation/Lifestyle: Potter, makes clay things. Pretty boring, no wonder he also does what he does here.

Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle: Same as above.

Injuries/Scars: Nope

Desire In Life: Not die, earn some money, find less boring day job.

Note: I used a slavic name generator to get the name, if you think its not fitting, I can pull out something else.

Last edited:
Name: Zbychnev Soloviev

Appearance: Brown hair, ending around the upper neck. Zbychnev has no facial hair. Taller than most other people, which is further emphasized by the fact that he is rather skinny.

Equipment: Gambeson in the typical sand brown color of medieval fabric, iron spear, wooden shield (currently unpainted, maybe gonna fix that mid-RP),

Current Occupation/Lifestyle: Potter, makes clay things. Pretty boring, no wonder he also does what he does here.

Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle: Same as above.

Injuries/Scars: Nope

Desire In Life: Not die, earn some money, find less boring day job.

Note: I used a slavic name generator to get the name, if you think its not fitting, I can pull out something else.
Excellent, although I'd like you to keep in mind the surname is likely going to be just his father's first name since he's not of a (currently) significant ancestry.

Excellent, although I'd like you to keep in mind the surname is likely going to be just his father's first name since he's not of a (currently) significant ancestry.
Mhm, this is one of the points I considered when deciding whether or not to use Slavic or Viking name generator. The second one has it as you say, the Slavic one has actual surnames. Should I fiddle around with the name some more and make it as you say?

Mhm, this is one of the points I considered when deciding whether or not to use Slavic or Viking name generator. The second one has it as you say, the Slavic one has actual surnames. Should I fiddle around with the name some more and make it as you say?
Well, you can just leave it. I'm more concerned with how the character will be playing out anyway.

Name: Alexander Fern
Appearance: A younger blond blue-eyed man with a fairly squat and muscular frame, He grows a light beard of blond hair and his only notable trait is the fact his teeth are rather spaced out and he has a lazy eye (not very lazy)

Current Occupation/Lifestyle: Hunter
Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle: Hunter/Alehouse cook
Injuries/Scars: A slash mark across the side of his hand from a bad string whip and a few nicks in a perfect circle further up his wrist from am old hunting trap
Desire In Life: go forth and be fertile, old, and well off enough to retire in his later years

Basic Iron Spear, Wooden Shield painted green with darker green leaves on it, Recurved Short Bow, 30 Arrows, Dagger, Dark Green tunic with Deep brown leather boots and a set of deep brown leather gloves.

I'm just some random facker in the woods trying to not get killed by my lonesome

Name: Alexander Fern
Appearance: A younger blond blue-eyed man with a fairly squat and muscular frame, He grows a light beard of blond hair and his only notable trait is the fact his teeth are rather spaced out and he has a lazy eye (not very lazy)

Current Occupation/Lifestyle: Hunter
Parents' Occupation/Lifestyle: Hunter/Alehouse cook
Injuries/Scars: A slash mark across the side of his hand from a bad string whip and a few nicks in a perfect circle further up his wrist from am old hunting trap
Desire In Life: go forth and be fertile, old, and well off enough to retire in his later years

Basic Iron Spear, Wooden Shield painted green with darker green leaves on it, Recurved Short Bow, 30 Arrows, Dagger, Dark Green tunic with Deep brown leather boots and a set of deep brown leather gloves.
Does he intend to use the spear + shield in battle, or is that part of his own self defence?

Equipment: Gambeson in the typical sand brown color of medieval fabric, iron spear, wooden shield (currently unpainted, maybe gonna fix that mid-RP),
Ah fricc, I forgot to add the helmet. Can I edit and fix that, or is editing CS not allowed?

Well, by all means, but you'll have to take into account the weight of that extra equipment. Just so you know.
I really don't plan to sprint around over much, its kind of against the point of being an archer if I do. Plus I'm a decently muscular guy so the biggest concern of mine is the unwieldy nature of a spear for the sake of carrying it on my back which can be solved by carrying it with my hand in a manner that I can simply jab it into the dirt when I pause to start shooting

Ah fricc, I forgot to add the helmet. Can I edit and fix that, or is editing CS not allowed?
It's fine, go ahead.
I really don't plan to sprint around over much, its kind of against the point of being an archer if I do. Plus I'm a decently muscular guy so the biggest concern of mine is the unwieldy nature of a spear for the sake of carrying it on my back which can be solved by carrying it with my hand in a manner that I can simply jab it into the dirt when I pause to start shooting
I wouldn't have thought of that tbh. Either way, no problems with your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back