• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Southern Tribes [5e D&D]

Pineapple

The Rotten Fruit
The Southern Tribes

Welcome to the Southern Tribes. A large continent that is inhabited by various tribes across the land. The tribes are inhabited largely by Half Orcs and Dragonborn, but it isn’t uncommon to see tribes of Humans or Halflings as well. To the north is a larger continent, filled with cities and empires. They occasionally come down to the tribes and trade, but it proves to be foolish to attempt to build cities in the southern tribes. Why?

The Colossi. Primordial beings as old as the very earth itself. They tower above all. Standing hundreds of feet tall they wander in the Southern Tribes. Destroying any cities or settlements they come across with indifference. Every time large amounts of people gather the Colossi come and attack, turning stone to dust as they eradicate everything they wander through.

No one knows why they do this. It’s rumored they are the very forces of the planet raising against the sentient races to bring balance back to the world by restricting advancement. It's also been rumored the High Elves of the North once lived in large cities in the Southern Tribes during a time without any Colossus, and that they fled north when the Colossus came and destroyed their homes. As such, many blame these creatures on the sins of the Elves.

Yet the Colossus are not the only thing to be concerned about while in the Southern Tribes. The Weave: the fabric of magic that encompasses the world which spell casters gain their abilities from is heavily distorted in the Southern Tribes. Arcane spell casters are unable to cast their spells from the weave as they can not understand the strange fabric. Divine Casters are only able to cast magic if their Deity is a God of the tribes, else the Deity can not pull the strings of the weave to create magic.

You have lived in the Southern Tribes your whole life, training to become a legend amongst the people, to become a Colossus slayer.

Basics: This is a 5th edition D&D game.

Class Restriction: Players can not play any Arcane Casters (Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer, Bard) as they won't have any spells in the Southern Tribes.

Characters: Begin at 3rd level, and will either be rolled stats or point buy (based on what the players would prefer).

Goals: The main things that one should expect is having to fight Colossi, hundreds of feet tall. They will need to scale the creatures to slay them, and they will be risking life and limb the entire way. This is the bulk of the game. An encounter with one of these giants will likely be a full session, or possibly two.

That’s the basics of the game. I’m just checking for interest before I continue further with the game and planning. I don’t know when it will be starting, but it will be played on a weekday in the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm (probably) not going to submit a utilitymancer druid for this game, but I will definitely use this format for proposing games myself. Clean and to the point.

I normally help new players get a grasp of the system, but it seems there just isn't much interest in this game, so I'll be placing my efforts into something else.

Sorry if you were really excited for the game, there just isn't the players.

Is there a way that a Pathfinder player could convince you to reconsider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back