• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Slumbering Realms (Cmdrawings and Bacon Bits)

Cmdrawings

Soft sunlight bathed the long corridor of limestone flooring and elegant granite pillars giving warmth to the area as two 6'5 tan-skinned and dark-haired winged humanoids strolled down the hallway, the younger and almost child-like male having a bounce in his step and the most excited grin on his face, as a more cautious and stern 5'8 red-headed and pale-skinned woman followed behind.

"Aren't you excited, Aithne? We get a new person coming today to our world! It's amazing to see so many new faces since your friend opened the portals again." The man asked over his shoulder, maintaining his upbeat and innocent grin that almost reached the curly tresses of brown hair on his head. The one called Aithne, in question, softened for a moment as the sunshine boy had a momentarily effect on her mood before it reverted back into a scoff.

"With outsiders comes new potential threats, I would not encourage such a welcoming demeanor to a face you do not know right away." She would warn before her baby blue eyes would catch the vibrant, but disapproving, chocolate eyes of the older Sollavian woman as the woman's motherly smile would fade from her lips into a tightly pressed look of about to scold the behavior she is witnessing, "Do not start up your lectures, Zephira. You know I'm right in my caution in this regard."

"I am not saying you're right or wrong but rather you are close-minded. That, among a few other things, I am disappointed in you about. You were requested to accompany us in case the portal opened incorrectly so do try to be on your best behavior right now." Zephira would softly chastise.

"Tsk, Draka was also sent to join us and where is she?" Aithne stated sourly with an eye roll.

"Oh, I saw her with Mei in a bottle and she was heading towards the throne room! I'm sure she'll be on her way to us soon!" the boy supplied in a cheery tone as if unaware of what disaster that may entail.

"Akakios! You need to inform us when she's up to her antics again, who knows how much property damage she'll do this time!" Aithne scolded harshly causing Akakios to flinch at the anger and hide closer to Zephira, to which the motherly woman would curl her wing around the boy.

"Aithne, now is not the time for that. If we slow down we're going to miss the portal opening and we do not want our new arrival to be lost and confused on their first day. Come along now." Zephira spoke as she leveled Aithne down with a look.

The group fell into silence as they approached a tiny courtyard with a portal archway, the portal had not opened yet causing Zephira to sigh in relief," Oh good, we're not too late. It should be opening any minute now."

"Oh, oh! What do you think the new person is going to be like?" Akakios practically chirped in excitement as he got closer to the portal with eagerness to see it open causing Zephira to let out a gentle but melodious laugh at the joy of youth. Aithne, on the other hand, would stand back with a scowl and crossed arms as she eyed the portal in high alert.

(Hope this is a good start!)

Flowing, cool blue water conflicted with the orange and gray figure standing next to it, who seemed to radiate a sense of heat. The figure grinned a little as her blazing eyes followed the stream’s flow down. As it moved closer to the valley below, it dipped here and there with each smaller hill. With every dip, it reappeared with more vegetation surrounding it. Her attention returned to the water a foot or so away from her, the grin only growing to one of a mischievous taunt. She knelt down closer to the moving surface, not moving closer, as if keeping a purposeful distance from it. “Sednatus, where are you? Afraid to face me? Or are you planning an attack?”

As soon as she posed the question, the figure stood upright once more, sneering at the water for a moment longer before turning and moving down flow, as if she expected no response to her questions. Despite the duration the Oyagerrain had spent moving, it seemed that her energy had not decreased. “Vananu, they’re always in hiding in the water!” She spoke as if mocking someone with her at that very moment, in reality mocking a recent memory. In fact, there was no near her, especially not one of her kind. Vananu had left them behind a while back. Oyagerrains rarely made it this far out, unless on a planned attack or raid. The mountains still offered enough resources to keep them from wandering too far beyond a certain point.

Those resources didn’t keep Vananu in one place. It did make it easier for her if she travelled where nutrients were accessible. She’d be able to go further this way, but for her, it was more important that she saw interesting sights along the way. That’s why it was unlikely that anyone, especially another Oyagerrain, was anywhere near her. She advanced further, knowing well and good that with every step she moved closer to enemy territory. Good, she wanted to see them. Not necessarily to fight, just to watch. They were… interesting. Not like her or the others she lived among, who also happened to capture some of her attention now again.

Up a short hill, then down its steep side, only to find another slight increase. She didn’t mind. The vegetation was growing denser, thickening around her feet and rising above her head. As the leafy plants grew too close to her, an orange line would run through them, followed by a trail of ash. Vananu could’ve moved through the vegetation without burning through, she wasn’t that hungry, but why not treat herself? Besides, it made her walk a bit easier, even if it did leave a rather noticeable Vananu shaped tunnel through the green behind her.

Her trail of scorched vegetation came to an end when she reached a grassy clearing. The running water continued along its path, splashing gently along the sides, just enough to break through the silence. Vananu stopped in her tracks, however, an unusual circle appearing about a foot or so off the ground. It reminded her of water, which made her naturally hesitant of it for a minute. Water was a sign of life, of living things that provided sustenance, but it could also mean trouble for her. Then again, trouble meant entertainment. Her footsteps started up once more, nearing the alien shape. Soon she found herself right in front of it, her hand hovering just inches from the surface. It wasn’t water, whatever it was. How long had it been here? Was this some sort of Sednatu magic?

Whatever it was, Vananu wanted to touch it. With a grin that bordered between mischievous and delightfully curious, she slipped her hand through the mysterious floating object. The further she moved through it, the more empty air she felt on the other side. Yet, shoulder deep in the object, when she peaked around the corner, she couldn’t see her hand coming out the back. Very interesting. Abruptly, she pushed herself the rest of the way through the portal.

What she saw on the other side was possibly the last thing she’d expected. Stopping her momentum with a stumbling step, Vananu found herself in what she could best describe as an indoor outdoors, as she’d never seen a courtyard before. More ornate than any place she’d visited either. And the individuals around her? Where was she?

(Hey, let me know if I need to change/add anything!)

The innocent tanned boy perked up immediately, a grin ever-present on his face, once he spotted her; he showed no fear of strangers as he closed the gap between them to hug her before flinching away upon immediate contact with her as if scalded, "Ouch, okay so that felt like fire. You must be like Aithne then, hello! Nice to meet you, I'm Akakios!"

"I'm sorry about him, he gets very excited about meeting new folks. Welcome to--" The more nurturing brunette woman would trail off as she rounds around Akakios to get a better look at the person before her, her expression turned into bewilderment for a second as she speaks with uncertainty, "You are not the one we were expecting. Guessing by the look on your face you're just as confused about this as I am. Clearly, there has been a mix-up; I shall see if maybe the mages here converged the wrong ley line, it happens with these wild portals. Just give me a moment to--"

She was swiftly cut off by the sounds of shrill cries and thunderous laughter that seemed to be coming from the floor above; Zephira sighed as if she immediately recognized who's laughter that was and continued with an unamused tut noise, "Draka is already misbehaving again I see. Let me handle that first and then I'll help you get sorted out. We can't guarantee that portal will return to the same spot you came from after all. Wild portals are unique like that; they're constantly moving. Aithne and Akakios can stay here with you in the meantime."

Being a tall woman she made short work on leaving the indoor garden to investigate whatever chaos the woman called Draka must be doing, as she left the space open next to Akakios it could be plain to see the smaller person out of the trio that preferred to keep her distance; a scowl noticeable on her face as she placed her hands on her hips. The girl with her fiery locks seemed to hold a very authority presence to her as her firm tone of voice seemed to be directing an order to the rather naive bird boy in the room, refusing to keep her cold and icy eyes off the new woman from the portal, "Akakios, over by me. You have no idea who she is and what her motives are."

"But--" Akakios started to protest, seeming to find Vananu to be interesting. It would be clear to note that he is the curious and friendly sort and he undoubtedly appears to quickly see Vananu as more of a friend than a foe. Unfortunately, Aithne didn't seem to budge against his ingenious nature and her expression furthered into distaste at the situation.

"That was not a request, Aki. Get over here, now. When Zee gives the all clear you can go back to what you were doing but do no engage her any further." The scolding was firm causing Akakios to sag and dejectedly go next to Aithne. He looked like a kid put into time out to the point that the fact he had a good 8 inches over the Ondolindian woman added to the comical scene laid out before Vananu.

(Everything is looking good!)

Vananu was definitely someone who enjoyed new experiences, however, this was almost too much. Typically, she would’ve been running around the area, trying to figure out everything in her environment, by now. Instead, she just stood there, her increasingly confused gaze focused on the approaching tan figure. Was this an attack? Even when attacked by Sednatu, they typically held a set distance. When she’d participated in fights with other Oyagerrains, they often came into closer contact, but what did this winged creature have in mind as he approached? When his arms made contact around her body, she tensed slightly. Between Vananu’s increasing uncertainty about her current situation, and the fact that she had been working to consume her surroundings just moments before, it wasn’t a surprise when the youthful creature flinched back.

Whatever he had attempted to do to her, that odd hold he briefly had, ceased quickly but he remained fairly close to her. “Akakios?” She tried out the name, her bright eyes fixed on him in now growing curiosity. Before she could reply with her own name, another one of the odd creatures spoke up. She stepped around the other creature, was this the Aithne that Akakios had spoken about earlier? So Vananu was somewhere new, and apparently, the wrong person to make an appearance. Whoever these people were, did they work with the Sednatu? It had been close to their territory, after all. Whatever it was, it seemed she’d been brought here by mistake, but where was here? Who had they meant to bring in her spot? How was she here?

The laughter caught Vananu’s attention before she could answer any of her own questions. The figure who’d spoken before quickly excused herself to deal with whoever that cackling belonged to. By doing so, she revealed she was not Aithne, but that the smaller figure who had hung back was. Aithne’s gaze was much different from Akakios. It didn’t take long for Vananu to realize that if she needed to fear anyone here, it was the woman who’s glare had not moved off her since she’d noticed it. The stranger clearly did not trust her as much as Akakios seemed to, nor even as much as the taller individual who had just left.

Akakios slinked off to stand further back, making a face that even Vananu recognized. This place couldn’t be all that different than her own if pouting was still a technique used by the more youthful individuals. She remained quiet for another moment, looking between the two contrasting figures in front of her. Then she grew bored of it. They could stay over there, but she was going to move about. The first thing Vananu decided to evaluate was the portal behind her back. She turned around and took a step back, seeing a much more permanent structure than what she’d stepped through. So she couldn’t just return by going through that again? What an odd thing… She reached out towards it again, as she had done before, but then stopped abruptly. She didn’t understand this thing at all, sure. It could end up harming her or putting her somewhere awful or worse, but that wasn’t why she stopped. No… Vananu turned back to face the other two individuals left with her. A whole place full of new creatures? She wasn’t going to pass up the chance for an adventure like that.

“Where am I?” Was it possible that this was all Sednatu magic? Or was there a place beyond the Sednatu outer border? Her gaze didn’t hold on them long, not as she moved another step away from the portal, now looking up and around in the courtyard. This truly did not look like any Sednatu design she’d seen before. Once more, Vananu examined the two in front of her. They certainly didn’t look like Sednatu, either. Akakios didn’t exactly remind her of the warriors she’d seen from the other people of her realm. Oh- Right. “I’m Vananu.” Her focused remained on the more animated individual, already finding him the most interesting out of the three. As she spoke, she offered him a rather toothy grin. It was an attempt to seem non-threatening, but likely just showed off her hungry curiosity. Wherever she was, it was hard not to display her growing excitement of the unknown.

"Oh! Vananu sounds like a really amazing name, it's so nice to meet you! What are your people called? I'm a Sollavian and Aithne is an Ondolindian, there are also Macallas, Otrems, and Zilsonians. Plus we get new faces coming in from other worlds now it's so awesome!" Akakios babbled a tiny bit before realizing he missed her question, seeming to go to rectify it, "You're in The--"

"The Slumbering Realms, specifically you're in the Sacred region capital Assetia, inside the palace." Aithne curtly replied, still very cold towards Vananu, "I'll be answering the questions here, don't think you can weasel out any extra information out of Akakios here under my watch. We were expecting a Pixie newcomer from that portal and you are no Pixie." It was evident that the woman was very aware of how Akakios can spill a lot of information when excited and by subtly moving in front of Akakios she was signaling to Vananu that she's cut off from trying any smart plan with the young Sollavian and will have to go through Aithne.

"Aw, Aithne. She seems very nice, why can't I talk to her? I wanna hear about where she's from, I'm sure it's very exciting. She's warm like fire, do you think she comes from a volcanic area? Oh, is she from a tropical island area with coastlines like the Echo Isles? Can she cool down as you do? Do you think she likes hugs? I like hugs." Akakios retained his upbeat attitude despite his initial disappointment, a clear testament that little can keep his mood down for very long.

Aithne rolled her eyes, not impressed with all the questions and how carefree Akakios is about the situation considering she has no idea if Vananu is a threat or how in danger they might be, "She's not in our list, her race is not in our documented case and considering we had a list of races that our intended arrival's world and she's not matching any of them it's obvious that something tampered with the portal and we have a completely different world we have not encountered just yet. Please try to take this seriously, I know that's very hard for you but this is no laughing matter. She could be a different subspecies of fire elemental but we don't have the facts just yet so just keep some distance right now."

"Well, I think she's harmless. She seems really interested in where she's at, can't I just walk her around the palace a bit while we wait for bird mom? I wanna get to know my new friend." Akakios whined, getting a bit stir crazy at just standing still and possibly a slight need at wanting to tour Vananu around.

"Out of the question, we wait here. If need be I can summon Amalthea down here to sort the portal out if she's not too busy. She's good at these wild portals, I doubt this mess up is her fault." Aithne argued, ready to not allow Akakios any sort of unsupervised watch with the stranger. It is evident that Aithne is accustomed to babysitting Akakios in some form and is filling in the role of a very overprotective older sister at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back