• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Sinful Lot

Axel The Englishman

The Holy Crusader
THE SINFUL LOT
A POST-APOCALYPTIC ROLEPLAY

It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience for when the bombs first fell, y'know. The whole nuclear fallout thing was never something a wrote on a bucket list or something. And I'd have rather those bombs stay in what ever sort of silo they came out of. But we can't have nice things, now can we? I mean, we're having this conversation right now. And lemme tell ya, I don't much appreciate the radiation and the harsh sandstorms that casually smother Nevada. I don't. But - like I said - we can't have nice things, now can we?

What type of post-apocalypse are we talking about here? A standard issue post-apocalypse where everything looks like a barren wasteland, water is scarce, and the threats are usually the local warlords and ther merry, murderous minions? Or is it the dark and dreary post-apocalypse, where the buildings and cities, while relatively intact seems devoid of both life and lights, where you face either a rampaging horde of adrenaline-pumped and bloodthirsty undead, or their more peaceful counterparts the slow and shambling zombies who, despite the fact that you can run circles around them, managed to infect thiusands to millions of people? Or is it one where the threat came from elsewhere, from the depths of space and who came our world for..... reasons. Where the landscape is filled with the rubbles and ashes of our civilizations and the remaining survivors form a resistance, hoping to once and for all defeat their alien overlords(and failing miserably due to being technologically outmatched)?

Well, from your first post the first scenario is more likely. Still, I just want to make sure.

An apocalyptic combo between nuclear fallout and GLOBAL WARMING! and such. Las Vegas is still standing. Sorta. And most settlements are located in and around it, though those located on the fringes suffer regular harassment from bandit and raider groups.

Ooh, nuclear fallout! Is there stim any lingering radiation or can we walk outside freely with no risk of our limbs falling off/ growing new ones? Also, how far off in the future are we? Is it like it just happened a few years/decades back and people are still trying to cope, or is it many many years in the distant future, where our current civilization is nothing more than a myth?

High levels of radiation linger around the crater left behind, though there is little to none in the rest of Nevada. It's 2099, about 63 years after the nuclear war waged between the Northern and Southern states. Unless you're lucky enough to survive being old in this world, practically everyone had zero recollection of the Old World.

Let me know if need another RP. Plus I actually live there, so if you wanna fact check something throw me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back