• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shutdowns | [rp]

"She didn't know," Cam said gently. A wave of relief washed over her. If Milligan's increasingly disgruntled texts were anything to go on, not all of his pickups had gone as smoothly. "Yes, go ahead. I'll be in the car."

She got in the car, buckled herself in, and puffed out a breath. God, this was going to be a lot. Six kids? Shaking her head, Cam leaned her head down on the steering wheel and tried to collect herself. One thing at a time.

They needed their powers to be activated. It took years of underground recruiting to find people who were willing to undo what expert psychologists and scientists had done. But they came up with what they thought would stimulate the correct neurons, thus unleashing all of the repressed memories and unique neural processes that created these powers in the first place.

They needed training, too. They needed to have time to get used to their supersuits, which Edna Mode had expertly designed. Most importantly, they needed to learn to control their powers—and to work together. As an army, they had the potential to be virtually unstoppable.

And Cam needed to work with research and development. This venture was dangerous and even more so due to her lack of superpowers. There was some comfort in knowing that her nephew had healing powers, but that wouldn't do much for her if she was caught in the crossfire.

It was too much to think about, so she raised her head up, rested her elbows on the steering wheel instead, and waited for Auggie to return.

Red_Delta Red_Delta

Auggie slowly walked up the stairs. He was still trying to figure something out. The lady had mentioned that he had healing powers. Auggie, for some reason, didn't have issue with the idea of powers. He had read enough mutation and genetics journals to know that mutations could theoretically result in "powers" in humans. Healing, however, was where he had pause.

When Auggie was eleven, he had fallen out of a tree. The fall had caused a dangerous concussion. Auggie certainly hadn't had any healing powers then. The kid in the bed next to him, however, had healed from an allegedly fatal wound in a matter of hours. Maybe the hospital had gotten their files mixed up.

Grabbing a bag from the closet, Auggie began to shove in clothes into his bag. He made sure he grabbed the essentials and a few nonessentials. He scrawled a note to his mom on a sheet of paper. Rereading the note, Auggie decided it was stupid. He crumpled it and tossed it in the direction of the waste bin. Upon checking his watch, Auggie realized that he had taken much longer than he had indicated.

"Let's hit the road," Auggie announced moments later as he slid into the passenger seat. Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

The rest of the ride had been relatively quiet, since Sam was so enamored in the view. He had never really ventured outside of his neighborhood, and when he did it was usually for basketball games at surrounding cities. The car ride was so quiet and peaceful, somewhere along the drive, he had fallen asleep.

When Sophia pulled away from him there was a frown in her face, and Peter knew that he messed up again. He just wanted to be invisible, just like he always did, but then she came forward, and caught him off guard. There's no way that he could have acted otherwise.

"What's your problem?" Sophia asked, and Peter could see that she was upset. Was it because the way that he acted? or because he stuttered? There's so many things that came to his mind, which made him more confused and stiff. It was only when she asked again, did he realized what she meant.

"No...I'm fine, you just surprised me," he answered, and took a step back away from her. "There's no one..." his voice trailed off, as his eyes caught sight of the other girl sitting across them. The girl who was wearing some kind of bikini. His eyes rested on her for a moment, wondering why she was showing so much skin or if she's cold. She must be, and he thought that he could give her the jacket that he was wearing. "A-are you cold?" he asked the other girl, with nothing but good intention as he stared at her.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw Red_Delta Red_Delta

Last edited:
"Um, ew," Sophia said when she saw Peter ogling Nellie, and stepped protectively in front of the half naked (and still seated) girl. This dude was turning out to be kind of a creep. "Nell, don't answer him, he's being weird." Then she crossed her arms. "Well, if no one's hurt you, why are you acting like that?"

Afigitis Afigitis Red_Delta Red_Delta

Last edited:
Nellie was still a little heated from their interaction with Winnie when the new boy entered the room. She had barely registered his question when Sophia stepped in front of her to chastise the boy.

"Well, if no one's hurt you, why are you acting like that?" Sophia asked the boy. Nellie leaned out to get a better look at the boy. He looked to be about their age.

"Is the shady guy with you?" Nellie asked. "I don't mean to complain. But the tension in this waiting room is getting awfully high."

Peter suddenly felt cornered like some criminal that was caught, and he just wanted to be nice. Now they think I'm weird, he thought when Sophia blocked his sight. He just stood still, and wondered if he should just let them think what they want, or he should at least try to explain himself. Before he could decide what to do, Sophia asked him another question, and gave him no time to think any further. "I was just asking since I can lend her my jacket," he said, and glanced at the bikini girl again. "And I don't know what you mean by acting like this...I'm just always like this."

"Is the shady guy with you?" the bikini girl asked. Peter looked at the other girl inside the room, and he could tell that the tension came from her. "I don't mean to complain. But the tension in this waiting room is getting awfully high."

"I-I'm not with anyone," he answered, before they misunderstood something again. "I just..." his voice trailed off as he unzipped his black jacket. "Just give this to her, and I'll just sit here quietly," he said as he handed the jacket to Sophia, and hoped that she would just give it to the other girl. It looked like she needed it more than him, and he felt uncomfortable to see her almost naked.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw Red_Delta Red_Delta

This guy was seriously weird. Sophia eyed the proffered jacket and shoved it back in his hands. "Please don't," she said firmly, then turned to Nellie and looked pointedly at Winnie. "I'm not causing the tension, by the way. I'm totally chill ALL THE TIME!" This she semi-shouted, which didn't really help her argument. "Anyway, Creepy Pete, welcome to the fam. If we could all get along and stop being so damn bitter," she added, still bristling at Winnie's prickly behavior.

Red_Delta Red_Delta Afigitis Afigitis boo. boo.

They had arrived at the secret location quickly. Or so Sam thought. He had been asleep for most of the ride so he didn't know for sure. What he did know was that the place was enormous, and that it probably took a huge sum of money to make. Or rent. Whatever they used to acquire the property. The old man directed him inside and told him where the others were.

However, Sam was not a direction follower, so he wandered for a good 30 minutes before he decided to follow the old man's directions. In the waiting room, he spied four figures, three of them being girls, and one a guy.

When he actually entered the waiting room, he noticed that one of the girls was half naked, and another was yelling at the guy. He'd seen that too much in school: a really awkward, socially inept guy who gets stepped over by practically everyone because they wouldn't stand up for themselves. The girl looked mean, so he ignored her and tip toed around the pair.

The chillest one in the room seemed to be the half naked girl, because she was just sitting there, half naked.

"Hey girl," he started smoothly. "Are you an angel? 'Cause you look like you fell from hell."

Red_Delta Red_Delta

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey girl," the new guy began, his voice sickeningly cocky. "Are you an angel? 'Cause you look like you fell from hell."

Nellie opened her mouth to respond. Instead of words, all that came out was a shriek of strangled laughter. It sounded rather frightening. Nellie tried to stop herself from laughing. Covering her mouth with her hand, Nellie attempted to smother the sound. When her attempt was unsuccessful, Nellie allowed the laughter to just pour out of her. After several attempts to stop laughing, she managed to catch her breath long enough to speak. "Has that ever worked for you? I seriously doubt the mental capacity of any girl who falls for a line like that."

Standing from the chair, Nellie moved down a few seats. She didn't feel like sitting next to this creep. Once she was a few seats away, Nellie allowed the laughing to take over again.

mkuchiha mkuchiha

Sam smirked, his eyebrows raised and a smug look on his face. "Honey buns, is it Autumn yet? Because I think I'm falling for ya!"

Sam fist pumped internally, proud of himself for coming up with that line. He saw the look on the girl's face, and he could tell she was falling for him already. He couldn't help but smirk at how wildly good at flirting he was. It was almost like a natural gift.

Red_Delta Red_Delta

Just as Peter thought, Sophia sturdily declined his offer, and handed back his jacket. He stared at the jacket for a moment, while Sophia ranted again.

Peter knew that he was kind of different than other kids around his age, he was always too much; too awkward, too stiff, too overthinking, and the list could go on forever. He knew that for a fact, but calling him Creepy, was kind of too much. He wanted to argue, but he didn't want to put himself back again to the spot light, and decided to just let her be. Just let her call him names, it wasn't the first time that it happened after all.

He knew that girls were really hard to understand, but
these girls were way more complex than the typical ones. "Okay," he muttered, and drew back his hand. "I'll just stay here," he said, and sat at the chair as another man went in the room, and spewed out the most rubbish lines that Peter had ever heard in his life.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

Last edited:
Winnie was completely fired up. She glared angrily at both girls, but only just managed to hold back what she wanted to say. Only just. It was then that she decided she would filter out whatever they said to the rest of her life- or perhaps, the rest of theirs, if they continued to get on her nerves. In her own mind, she felt as if she was the victim, like she was being attacked. How long was she expected to be within close quarters with them? Winnie decided she would have a serious talk with whoever was in charge.

As if on cue, the door opened, but it certainly wasn't anyone in charge. Rather, it was a boy who looked almost pallid, and after him was another boy who seemed to be flirting with everything and everyone. In reality, it was just Nellie, but Winnie didn't care enough to check her facts. She drew her knees up to her chin, brewing in her own pride, and began to studiously study the floor.

Sophia's obvious innuendos were almost to drive Winnie to insanity, but she instead sent a death glare in the direction of the incredibly frustrating girl. Her lips were drawn on a thin line, and she was working her jaw in an effort to remain where she was and refrain from doing something she probably wouldn't regret.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

Sophia hated Sam the second she laid eyes on him, to be honest. He was rude, arrogant, and delusional to think that anyone would fall for his painful pickup lines.

Concluding that she could use all the allies she could get, Sophia met Winnie's eye and attempted to convey both a peace offering and a mutual "can we both hate this kid." Peter was a lost cause; she settled on pretending he didn't in actuality exist. And Nellie she knew was on her side, despite the girl's almost frightening inability to socialize.

Then she decided to deal with Sam. Taking a deep breath, she stood and slowly faced the lanky 18-year-old.

1371873567971.gif

"That was horrible," she started, "and you really need to take it down a notch. I mean, seriously, what is your problem? Nellie's not interested, I'm not interested, and good luck finding anyone who's interested. You got arrogance practically radiating off of you. Besides, we're here to do something, not to prance around and try to fucking seduce every girl you meet... ever occur to you that there might actually be truth to what these guys're saying?" She cast Sam one last disparaging look before sitting back down next to Nellie.

Red_Delta Red_Delta boo. boo. mkuchiha mkuchiha

Last edited:
Sam was taken aback when a rather short girl walked up to him and started getting on his case. She was yelling about something, but it was hard to take her seriously when she only reached up to his hips.

"Chill, chill." He smirked at her. "I think I know why you're upset. You want some love too, right?" Sam chuckled, his pride swelling to an all-time high. "It's all right, there is enough Sam for all of you." He glanced at all the girls in the room with a smug expression, before his eyes landed on Winnie, who was staring Sophia to death. "You too, hot stuff."

Red_Delta Red_Delta , Ravenclaw Ravenclaw , boo. boo. , Afigitis Afigitis

As Auggie walked down the long hallway, his mind was floating above the clouds. He had so many unanswered questions that he was itching to ask. The ride from Chicago had been long, but not long enough. His aunt had explained partially explained the events that had transpired, but he wanted to know more about the science behind his mutation. There was so much about these strange powers than he was already wanted to study and analyze.

Reaching the door at the end of the hallway, Auggie saw that the door was already cracked. He pushed on the wood and slipped inside. The sight that awaited him was one that belonged in a Netflix original series. There were five people already in the room. Three of the people were girls and two of them were guys. None of them looked very happy and none of them seemed to be saying anything. The most puzzling piece was that one of the girls was clad in only a bikini. One of the other girls seemed to be involved in a heated argument with one of the boys.

"You too, hot stuff," the boy was saying. Auggie looked at him for a moment. Who was this guy?
Ravenclaw Ravenclaw boo. boo. mkuchiha mkuchiha Afigitis Afigitis

Last edited:
"I will actually slap you," Sophia said, infuriated. "Are you fucking stupid?"

tumblr_nsmcd5owH31qgi0keo1_500.gif

"How is it possible that you could be so—"

Sophia turned around when she realized that another guy—hopefully and ostensibly the last one to join—had shown up. He was rather cute, if she was being honest, and it distracted her just slightly from yelling at Sam. In fact, the newcomer looked like the anti-Sam, which was reassuring. Sam was a cocky asshole and Peter was an angsty wounded child, so until now the male participants didn't seem too promising.

"Welcome," she told the new guy sarcastically. "To hell."

Red_Delta Red_Delta

"Welcome," the angry girl told Auggie sarcastically. "To hell."

"Thanks?" Auggie asked, confused. This other guy seemed to be a real prick. Auggie was tentative to make judgments based on his thirty seconds with these people. He was, however, willing to make an exception for this guy. "I don't mean to pry, but is everything alright here?" Auggie asked the girl who had addressed him.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

"No," Sophia said, sitting down wearily. "This guy"—she pointed at a still-smug Sam—"has swaggered in here trying to pick up girls and make everyone uncomfortable with sexual undertones and horrible pickup lines and..."

She trailed off, realizing that she was actually significantly worked up about this. Not only because it was against all of her principles and morals to act this way, but also because she herself felt extraordinarily uncomfortable under such a disgusting guy's scrutiny, and the fact that he was so tall didn't help.

"Anyway," Sophia continued, taking a deep breath and attempting to look not distraught at all, "it's fine, I handled it." She bit her lip and glanced down at her phone, avoiding eye contact and pretending to be very occupied despite the fact that there was no service and it was turned off.

tumblr_inline_nmazufljrj1scq4k2.gif

Red_Delta Red_Delta

"Are you kidding me?" Magnussen said not a little bit angrily.

"I..." Milligan grimaced. "The date of birth..."

"You mixed up a 5 and an 8," Magnussen fumed, shaking the file at Milligan. "And now his memory will have to be modified—"

"I am sorry," Milligan attempted, but his boss (?) ignored him.

"Where is the actual recruit?"

"Erm..."

Magnussen hurled the keys at him. "Find him."

Milligan steeled himself. He really wasn't paid enough. "You will deal with Sam?"

Magnussen nodded. "I daresay the others weren't taking to him too well anyway."

That was certainly true. The paternal side of Milligan had been ready to take out the arrogant young man's lights from the second he started heckling the girls. "I'll be back," he promised, and headed out.

Magnussen strode in—she had half a mind to yell spectacularly at Sam—and, without saying a word, seized the lanky 18-year-old by the arm. "You," she said firmly, "are coming with me." To the others, most of whom had not met her before, she added, "Samuel will be with us shortly. Thank you for your patience." Then, quickly reading the room (Nellie looked traumatized by the whole ordeal; Sophia was pretending not to be upset but clearly was; Winnie had sat in the corner of the room looking bitter the majority of the time; and Auggie was eyeing Sophia anxiously) and concluding that there were no imminent threats or potential explosions, Magnussen dragged the unsuspecting young man out of the room.

Red_Delta Red_Delta boo. boo. Afigitis Afigitis

"That's terribly unfortunate," Nellie said, her voice strangely high pitched. "I really was looking forward to getting to know him better." The new boy, whose name she didn't recall hearing, looked at her incredulously. "I'm only kidding. He was a bit of a dinglefritz. Also, what's your name? You never introduced yourself."

The boy looked nervously around the room, his eyes flickering towards Sophia anxiously. "I'm Auggie. Sorry I didn't introduce myself," he apologized. "I'm still a little confused as to what's happening." Auggie shifted his attention to Sophia. "Are you sure you're alright? That guy seemed like a real piece of work."
Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

The real Samuel was actually in Scotland, sitting on the porch of a small house and pondering life in its entirety. He had graduated, his grades only just high enough to have done so, and he now had an infinite number of choices laying before him. Would he pursue college? Would he travel? If so, where would be to? His bones were restless and ached to move about the world, but money was always a problem. He had worked long and hard to raise sufficient funds for his life after high school, but he would have to plan and ration before he did anything.

A breeze came over the hills, ruffling Samuel's fiery red hair. His eyes closed as he leaned back against the wooden chair, his mind swirling in a million different directions. He tapped his fingers against the armrests, and breathed in deeply the air that was heavy with the scent of mist. His father was away on a late shift, and would probably be home very late that night. Samuel was used to the erratic schedule and was accustomed to being alone at home for extended periods of time. He never rely complained, as he would hate to burden his father with even more worries.

That was life, he supposed. Things never worked out the way you wanted them to.

~~~

For the first time that day, Winnie smiled. Sam was gone, and Sophia was finally quieting down. Auggie was probably the most normal person in that room at the moment, and it had a calming effect to know that perhaps things would work out okay in the end. Maybe they wouldn't die after all.

Peter was also slightly okay, but he seemed like a bit of a wimp to Winnie. Maybe it was the bruising on his face, or perhaps his timid demeanor; either way, the brit could tell he needed a bit of confidence. While the thought crossed her mind that perhaps he had been afflicted by something out of his control, she didn't waver from her ideal that Peter could use a bit of encouragement.

She wasn't going to do it, however.

Instead, she ended up simply staring at him in a slightly creepy manner without really meaning to.

Afigitis Afigitis Ravenclaw Ravenclaw Red_Delta Red_Delta

Thank god. Sophia was ready to leap out of her chair and pop some champagne (if she had any) to celebrate Sam's removal. He'd been a real pain in the ass.

Auggie was looking at Sophia now, which made her slightly self conscious, because more likely than not he was judging her harshly, probably thought she was loud and cold and blunt and every other thing she'd ever been called for calling someone out. If only he'd appeared after Sam had been led away...

"Are you sure you're alright? That guy seemed like a real piece of work."

Of course he had to be nice, too. And normal. Surprisingly normal. Sophia looked at Nellie, then back at Auggie appreciatively. "I'm fine," she said, because at this point she was recovering from the absolute absurdity of what had just gone down. "Thanks. I'm Sophia, and honestly, I'm so glad you're here," she added, perking up.

tumblr_mh8ie4Ybeu1ruvqz1o2_250.gif

Red_Delta Red_Delta

Magnussen had given Milligan the high-speed jet for this one. High-speed as in, it got him from America to Scotland in half an hour. The mutants may have inherent superpowers, but when it came to technology, Milligan and Magnussen weren't far behind.

He jumped in the awaiting limo and sped from the airstrip to a small house, where a red-haired young man was sitting on the porch looking contemplative. At this point, Milligan seriously didn't feel like explaining anything, so he simply got out of the car—he was no longer in his ridiculous suit, either—and marched up the stairs.

"Samuel?" he asked wearily. "I need you to come with me."

boo. boo.

"Thanks. I'm Sophia, and honestly, I'm so glad you're here," the newly identified Sophia replied. Auggie offered her a small smile.

Somehow, despite his sweaty palms, Auggie managed to open his mouth and produce a few coherent sentences. "I assume you're all here about the secret hidden mutation thing. Although, you known what they say about assuming." He paused. What was it that people said about assuming? He decided to just continue talking and leave assumptions for another day. "Any clue what your mutations are? According to my aunt, I can heal people."

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back