• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Shadows of War

Aero

Fictional Trash

The Kingdom of Valencia

Valencia is a vast and beautiful land. However, tensions are high in this glorious kingdom. It is divided and ruled by four Kings and their families. Quarrels and small wars are common between each country, as it seems one always has a quarrel with the other.

Alas, Valencia has entered a new age, and the Kings have decided that is time to settle these arguments. Loria's King and Zinyth's King have agreed to settle their longtime rivalry by having their eldest children marry. In addition, the countries decided to stop temporarily allying with one another against Nissa. Nissa agrees to stop mocking the Elven countries in return. Bohalin's King agrees to step down from the head chair of the Royal Council after many past generations have ruled, and is allowing the other Kings a chance at the position.

All seem well, that is until Zinyth's Prince is captured! Not long after that, Nissa's Princess has disappeared! The Zinyth's King readily blames Loria's King for the kidnapping and declares that if the prince is not back in the next two months, war will wage again. While Nissa's Queen wishes war on the elves if her youngest child is not returned safely in the same period, while this unfolds, Bohalin lurks in the shadows, building their armies and readying themselves to attack all countries! Lies and truth, betrayal and loyalty, all this and more will be tested while the shadows of war are slowly creeping near...

♛♛♛♛♛

So this is a fantasy RP which focuses on the Royal families of Valencia and a few outside characters. I really want to change the title so if you have suggestions.
1. I try not to be a strict GM but I will if any rule is broken too many times.
2. This is a semi-detailed RP so please at least a paragraph (4 sentences min.)
3. So far, there are 15 characters available. However, I'm a lover of characters and development so if you present me with a cool role I may just accept it :3
4. I love drama IC but not OOC, so please give the drama to your llama
5. Have fun~ And feel free to talk to me about ideas, tips, or just to chat owo

Neutral

The Rebellion
For generations and generations war brew in Valencia, and the people of the nation grew tired of the constant war. And so, some years ago, a small group of people gathered and created the Peacemakers. Their goal is to overthrow the Royal Families of Valencia and start the government from scratch. They are currently holding the Prince of Zinyth hostage.
The Treaty: Leader of the Peacemakers ( AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight )
The Treaty's bloodline have lead the Peacemakers since the group was formed. Now, it is their chance to end the war!
Relationships: The Prince of Zinyth is a rather pitiful boy, and the Treaty pities him a bit. He hasn't caused any commotion or trouble nor tried to escape. Does he want to stay a prisoner? Is he seriously this nerdy and sweet or is this just a trick?

Second-in-Command (available)
The Treaty's best friend and trusted replacement. The Second-in-Command will do anything for the Peacemakers, even sacrifice their life! They are not the brightest person and has a bit of a temper, but their heart is in the right place.
Relationships: The Second-in-Command is The Treaty's childhood friend and has been with them through it all. No wonder they have a small crush on their leader.

Knights of the Royal Court
Captain of ((The Undecided Kingdom for Now)) ( Aero Aero )
The captain was raised into knighthood and trained the hardest to get the position they are in. They are loyal to the Royal Family and will not hesitate to slay any who stand in their way.
Relationships: The Captain has a close relationship with each member of the Royal Family they serve.

The Captain's Wife ( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )
This fair lass is against her husband's ways and secretly has allegiance to another country. The only question is why?
Relationships: Open for creator

Zinyth

Land of the Dark Elves
Zinyth is toward the north of Valencia. Its borders are covered by mist and dark black trees that grow no leaves. Zinyth's day is rather average but its nights are pitch black, moonlight being the only light source. The climate is rather chilly for some, but the elves don't seem to mind it. Zinyth's seasons come and go like usual; however, the winters are harsh. The country is well known for their pomegranates and beautiful moonlight orchids. The Dark Elves themselves come in different colored skin: purple, gray, black, or, on a rare occasion, white. Typical eye color is red. Dark Elves have the ability to see through darkness and are naturally stealthy. Dark Elves are stereotyped as mean and cruel despite most being the opposite.

Dark Elven King (available)
The King is a stern ruler who is a perfectionist. Although, he does have a soft side for his people that will show time and again.
Relationships: The King knows that his Queen is not too fond of him. This saddens him, and he wishes to better their relationship. As for his son, the King loves his son dearly and hopes for his return.

Half-Elven Queen (available)
The Queen is a rather sad woman, seeing how her life is not the best. She stays in her room majority of the time not wishing to be bothered.
Relationships: Sister to the Queen of Bohalin. The Queen despises her husband since he never was her true love. Thus, she is having an affair with her true love, the King of Loria.

Half-Elven Prince ( Aero Aero )
The Prince is a curious and intelligent fellow; some might say he's a nerd. Sadly, due to his curiosity getting the best of him, he was captured by the Rebellion.
Relationships: Loves his father dearly but has a rocky relationship with his mother. He is aware of her affair and is displeased but wishes not to hurt his dad. Not a big fan of his fiancé either.

Loria

Land of the Light Elves
Loria is to the west of Valencia. It is surrounded by beautiful trees of all kinds forming unique forests. Loria's sunrises and sunsets are known to be the most magical of the land. The climate is warm and pleasant to all species which enter. Loria is well known for their maple syrup and hibiscus. Light Elves have pale and light colored skin. They have pointy ears like Dark Elves, but Light Elves' are longer. Their common eye color is blue. Light Elves have the abilities of great speed and agility. This species is rather calm and a tad mischievous.

Light Elven King (available)
The King is very charming and kind to all he has met. However, this King will do absolutely anything to have his country prevail.
Relationships: The King loves his daughters very much and spoils them rotten. Also, he does not love Zinyth's Queen and is only using her to reveal Zinyth's secrets.

Light Elven Princess (available)
The oldest and betrothed to the kidnapped prince. Little Miss. Perfect to the eyes of her people.
Relationships: She has a strained relationship with her younger sister. Gets along well with Zinyth's Queen.

Light Elven Princess (available)
The youngest free to do whatever but rule. Wants to be Queen and get married and have a happily ever after.
Relationships: Jealous of her older sibling. Hopeless romantic.

Bohalin

Land of the Humans
Bohalin is located in the south of Valencia, surrounded by massive human-made walls. Bohalin is a rather defensive and heavily guarded country. Due to this mass protection, it is well known for being the best trading spot. The summers of Bohalin are hot, but the winters are little. Bohalin is well known for their gemstones and sunflowers. Humans come in natural skin tones. They come in all shapes and sizes which fascinate the other species. Humans abilities range depending on the human. They are definitely the wild card species.

Human King (available)
Kind-hearted and naïve best describes this King. Never wanted his position and really shows it.
Relationships: Open for the creator.

Half-Elven Queen (available)
The Queen will smile to one's face then stab them in the back. While her sister became sadden due to the past, this Queen became angry.
Relationships: The Queen uses her husband as a puppet to run Bohalin her own way.

Half-Elven Prince (available)
Not a big fan on how his parents run the country and wish to rule to undo the insanity.
Relationships: Open to creator.

Nissa

Land of the Fairies
Nissa is located in the east of Valencia, surrounded by lushes meadows and hills. The country seems to have a sparkle to it, and most say it is because of the many fairy trails. Still, it is beautiful to see. The climate is always pleasant with a soothing breeze. Nissa's springs are a sight to see. During the season, it looks as if the entire country has bloomed! Nissa is known for their fairy dust and cherry blossoms. There are two types of fairies: Dark and Light Fairies. The two came to live together in harmony after the great Fairy War and combined their lands to make Nissa. Dark Fairies have dark colored skin (ex: navy, maroon, black, brown, etc.) while Light Fairies have light colored skin (ex: light pink, yellow, periwinkle, mint green, etc.). Both come in different heights, and common eye color matches the elves. Dark Fairies have the ability to create illusions and can produce Dark Fairy Dust which has adverse effects (ex: paralysis, poison, nightmares, and sometimes even death) on any who touches it. Light Fairies have the ability to shapeshift and can produce Light Fairy Dust which has positive effects (healing, happiness, sweet dreams, and sometimes luck) on any who touches it. All fairies can fly. Fairies are a happy species but also very prideful and vain.

Light Fairy Queen (available)
A gorgeous woman who uses her looks to run things.
Relationships: Loves her children but doesn't really listen to them...

Dark Fairy Prince (available)
Adopted by the Queen to show her acceptance of the two fairy species living in peace.
Relationships: Close to his sister and helped her escape. Loves his mother despite going against her by working for the Peacemakers. The childhood friend of the Bohalin Prince.

Light Fairy Princess ( Spacing Out Spacing Out )
The Princess hates being known as a cutesy princess and wishes not to marry into the throne. She wants to be known as a strong independent leader. Thus she ran away in hopes to find a way to change some rules.
Relationships: Strained with her mother who just doesn't understand. Childhood friend of the Bohalin Prince.

~Links~
Interest Check ♛ IC ♛ OOC ♛ Character Sheet
[/border][/border][/column]

Last edited:
I do have an idea, but i dont know if you would like it. It depends on how old the general is that you plan to play.
I'm welcome to all ideas! I have no problem adjusting age and character for something to make the RP have a good plot.

Where's the mercenaries? Soldiers of fortune? Conflict? Action?
Ooo, mercenaries are a good addition. Conflict mostly comes from the threat of war as well as the distrust and disfunction of the families. I'm hoping action comes out during the RP. Well, this is just a base of what I want to do. Any ideas to make it more action pack, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm welcome to all ideas! I have no problem adjusting age and character for something to make the RP have a good plot.

Ooo, mercenaries are a good addition. Conflict mostly comes from the threat of war as well as the distrust and disfunction of the families. I'm hoping action comes out during the RP. Well, this is just a base of what I want to do. Any ideas to make it more action pack, I'm open to suggestions.
My idea was to maybe be a child of that general, but that child would be around 16-19.

Maybe they feel close to one of the countries, maybe they dont agree with their fathers believes...

My idea was to maybe be a child of that general, but that child would be around 16-19.

Maybe they feel close to one of the countries, maybe they dont agree with their fathers believes...
Ah I see. Well my knight is 21 so the child thing can't really work but instead of a child, how about a sibling?

This looks interesting....promising even....

Color me interested.
Yay! I'm glad you're interested~ That's a possible three people now and I'll start when we have five or six :3

Alrighty. I updated the list of roles and decided to name her the Captain's Wife.
^^ just to clarify, she´ll be a warrior too. Not officially, but she´ll know her stuff. XD I was thinking she was a mercenary before she married and settled down, but she still keeps training up, in case it is needed.

If no one has taken the Rebellion, if it's possible, I shall lead the rebellion to success. FOR THE PEOPLE! DOWN WITH THE ROYALS!

^^ just to clarify, she´ll be a warrior too. Not officially, but she´ll know her stuff. XD I was thinking she was a mercenary before she married and settled down, but she still keeps training up, in case it is needed.
I have finally come to the discussion to select the Light fairy princess, If that's ok with you.
If no one has taken the Rebellion, if it's possible, I shall lead the rebellion to success. FOR THE PEOPLE! DOWN WITH THE ROYALS!
I'm okay with all of this! I'll make sure to update the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back