• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shadows of Ombreville (The Actual RP)

"Okay okay calm down Daniel this isn't the time to panic. This is simply a dream I'll be waking up in my nice warm bed any minute now" he said attempting to reassure him of the current situation. The robotic dog continued tugging on his pants while tried to compose himself causing him to slightly push away the puppy who had then started to whimper. Feeling bad Daniel groaned and stopped pushing the little dog away as it continued to tug on his pants bringing a small smile to his face. However, that smile would soon fade as he looked at his hands feeling uneasy on what exactly was happening to him. "Is it merely through touch or is it mind based?" He curiously asked himself. With the phone he had no idea nor any thought about what he was doing, however, with the robotic dog he had actually thought about making it work despite its malfunctions which was probably why he didn't need to keep a continuous touch with it. Numerous theories on how is ability worked began flowing through his mind as he started to test out the theories himself.

Quickly leaving the classroom with the energetic dog following close by he made is way into the computer lab where it seemed most of the computers had been left on. "Alright let's do this" he said focusing every bit of attention he had on the numerous computers to test out his theory. At first nothing happened, but soon the computers began to automatically open up different sites that Daniel had been focusing on. Daniel didn't want to stop there as with this new discovery he began to test a few more advanced theories that had suddenly been created. Once again focusing his full attention on a single computer where it soon began to deconstruct itself piece by piece as if he was breaking it down telekinetically like a cool superhero from a comic series. He tried to use this same ability on non technological devices but soon found that his ability directly effected technology and nothing else. The parts began to float around Daniel as he stood in awe of his own ability as a huge smile overtook his face. "This......is......PERFECT" he yelled to himself absolutely astonished at the events that currently began to unfold before him. "I can possibly make anything I want with this and just think how much time I'll save! I'll be able to pop out twenty inventions like this before I could even finish one without this power!" He said excitingly said looking at the still floating pieces of the tech that continually surround himself.

Out in the distance, however, a shrill scream was heard causing Daniel to lose focus causing the pieces to drop to the ground. The dog had began to growl as Daniel tried to figure out what the hell that was. Opening the classroom door to look inside the hallway the small dog had took off towards the sound of screaming barking with every other step it took. "Wait! Where are you going?" Daniel yelled out following in pursuit of his creation. He originally thought about using his ability to attempt to turn it off, but realized that this dog would lead him to the source of the scream that had just filled the empty hallways. After continually following his robotic companion he eventually saw the Pre-cal's door had been wide opened causing him to go into a full on sprint and quickly entered not paying attention as to who was all in it. "Is everyone ok-" he trailed off seeing a black shadowy figure stand before him and with what seemed like a blue fireball had been launched from one the students hands causing him to be massively confused. Upon setting his mind straight he had seen where exactly the blue orb had been launched from causing him to almost panick in a sense. "EVA?!" he said as the small dog began to bark aggressively towards everyone in the room.

WakingDawn96 WakingDawn96
Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas

The Shadow Hisoka dodged the attack that Eva made against him. As suddenly a voice was heard to be coming into the room. Appearing at the entrance of the room was both Talia and Jaydin. Jaydin rushed to Eva and held her, “What happened here? Caleb? Daniel? Eva? And a shadow?” Jaydin said as he looked up from holding Eva up. He checked her pulse, and she appeared to still be alive, just passed out. Talia looked at the shadow, “What the heck is that shadow, though?” Talia said as suddenly she held her hand up had shot out a blizzard attack from her hand. Talia couldn’t believe she just did this, and the shadow felt the attack head on. “What the heck was that?” Talia asked as she wondered what just came out of her hand. Jaydin put Eva softly down on a nearby table, and he looked at the shadow. Suddenly, a Rush feeling came over him, and he created vines from the school floor and they wrapped themselves around the shadow, trapping it in its place. “Something about that feels familiar though...” Jaydin said deep in thought. The Shadow, who was still trapped, looked at the group of people around him. “You see? You all have powers, just like me. This town isn’t normal at all, hence the mysteries that surround the town. We have different rules in this town than any other town in the world, and we have special laws no one, but a select few. knows about. You all have powers. Caleb, you are a healer. Jaydin has the power of nature. Talia has the power of weather. Daniel is a Technopath. And finally, Eva is also a creature known as a Kitsune.” The Shadow said explaining to everyone what their powers were. The Shadow then changed forms again, and became Hisoka in his full flesh. “And I am a shadow user. And it’s amazing what you find out in the shadows.” Hisoka said to the group. Talia and Jaydin were shocked to see Hisoka was the one behind the shadow. Jaydin walked right up to his brother, and punched him hard right in the face. “Don’t you ever do this again, you got that? Eva could have gotten hurt, and Talia could have as well. Plus, you shouldn’t just try and hunt down Caleb, no matter what your power.” Jaydin said mad at his brother. Hisoka took the hit and felt the pain, and knew his brother meant business. “So, you really do care about her, even if you just met her. How sweet. And fine, I may have went overboard, but I was just angry, and sometimes I lose to my anger in the shadows.” Hisoka said saying that he agrees that he may have went overboard this time.

Yuri, after being held in a lecture by Mr. Blackseye for far too long, finally arrived in the lunchroom. The air was tense and the presence of something occult or perhaps even mystical lingered in the cafeteria. It was vaguely similar to how she felt when she left for school this morning. It unnerved her and made a shiver crawl up her spine. Today was a very unusual day, especially given the fact it was a school day.

Caleb pursed his lips. "You went a bit overboard?" he asked. His eyes suddenly glowed a bit from anger. "You almost killed me!"

He then threw his hands up. "I refuse to believe that I'm a healer... or if you're a shadow user. This defies logic!" He looked around the room.

"And personally, I feel like this is all a dream. Pinch me."

Caleb pinches himself.

Silence.

He could've sworn a tumbleweed passed by outside.

"Uhm..."
he took a deep breath. "Maybe it's one of those dreams...?"

Startled by the sudden noise, Yuri looks over. She sees Caleb and her heart skips a beat. He was a dreamy individual and it made her lose focus in her last class, much to the disappointment of her very strict teacher. She didn't understand why she was so fascinated with this man she just met, but the feeling was undeniably soothing. She felt slightly calmer, and perhaps, maybe her mind would settle in his presence. To her dismay, he was shouting about himself being a healer and that if it was a dream. Did he mean like a nurse or a doctor, she mused? He then pinches himself and Yuri feels slightly jealous, wanting to pinch his cute little cheeks like that. But he was trying to reassure he was sane, he was awake and alive.

It was rather upsetting that she had to witness this firsthand, but she understood: sometimes, she felt her life was like a perfect dream and sporadically, she'd wake up to an empty house, empty chairs and empty tables, much like this morning. Would they be there when she got home, or would this nightmare world continue? No, it couldn't be a nightmare because she can feel her heart beating, her lungs expanding, her skin crawling with goosebumps. Not even the most realistic of dreams capture these physical sensations, so it was a good sign. Perhaps.

Yuri looks at Caleb with worried eyes. She wanted to help him, yet again. She wanted to just hold him close, stroke his beautiful hair and whisper sweet nothings in his ear to comfort him. She had this feeling, deep down in her gut, that she had to take care of him, despite not doing so for herself. But it would be rude to interrupt a conversation, regardless of the topic. Though, this did relieve her slightly, even if she was jumping to conclusions. Another person like her, with an unusual ability not found in humans. And if it was true, perhaps Caleb could heal her.

Kobato-kobato-36869722-500-281.gif

350dbd243782c828df3397fb87e63419.png

"La la laaaa~" a girl with bubblegum pink hair hummed while skipping in the hallway. Her white dress practically floating from behind her. She arrived at the cafeteria late because she had errands. She had to help out a few students from a few classes with their homework.

She opened the large, spruce doors of the lunchroom and skipped to the lunchline, a few grateful looks looking at her. "Yo! Ai! Can I pleaseeeee copy your homework? Mr. Goodwell's gonna kill me!" a girl asked the pink haired girl who is now introduced as Ai. Ai beamed and took off her yellow hat. "Of course! But make sure you do your homework from now on!"

The random girl grinned and thanked Ai while walking away, muttering things to her friends like, "She is soooo naive! I mean, seriously, the world isn't gumdrops and sugarplums!"

Ai paid no attention to the rumors. Instead, she got her lunch, and sat down in her seat. She placed her hat next to her and started to eat her food.

"Ai~ Watch out!" a boy yelled as he accidently tripped and spilled a bucket of water for an experiment in Chemistry. Ai immediately sensed the water, alarmed, and backed away. The bucket of water tumbled on the cold, marble floor and the liquid spilled.

She blinked and carefully picked the bucket up, the left corner of her dress barely wet. "I'm so sorry!" the boy said. "I know you're aquaphobic... I accidently--"

"It's alright!" Ai insisted as she gave the bucket back. "It was only an accident!"

Last edited:
In Mr. Goodwell’s classroom, Hisoka looked at Caleb. “Yeah, I almost killed you, but I didn’t, did I? And plus, you can believe whatever you want to believe, but this is not a dream, this is reality, and you need to learn to accept that someday.” Hisoka told Caleb, saying whatever he believes, he needs to learn to accept reality. Jaydin turned over and looked at Caleb, and then at Eva. “Caleb, even if you don’t believe in your powers, can you at least try just this once to wake Eva up? She can’t just stay passed out like this, or people are going to start asking questions about what happened here.” ‘Plus, I can’t just let her stay like this either.’ Jaydin said and then thought the last part in his mind. He wanted Eva to wake up, and knew that Caleb might be able to help her wake up faster. Talia looked at Caleb as well, “Please just try this once, please.” Talia said knowing how much this meant to Jaydin.

In the lunchroom, David had been nearby when Ai almost got soaked with water. David didn’t really know Ai all that well, but he knew of her fear of water. David was in the process of trying to find someone, but they didn’t seem to be in the lunchroom. He then decided to head out of the lunchroom, but as he was walking, he passed by Ai and ended up sneezing into his sleeve, only for, without him realizing it, water to shoot from his other hand and head directly to Ai. David had a wild card power, where he had multiple abilities and powers, and water just happened to be one of them.

Caleb bit his lip, debating whether or not he should give in. You guys honestly believe in this bullshit? He swallowed.

"Alright, fine." He took a deep breath, and walked over to Eva, who was on the table, looking peaceful.

"Uh..." he pondered over what to do. Should he place his palm on her forehead? Her arm? Leg-- uh, that's awkward. He bit his lip, baffled. He then decided to place his palm on her forehead, because other areas would be a bit weird.

He took a deep breath, and placed his palm on her forehead, concentrating clear and hard.

He then felt that familiar tug in his gut. It's as if someone's ripping his organs out, one by one, and releasing them from his palm. He squints his eyes because of the pain, but still concentrates.

Evangeline groaned, and her eyes started to flutter open, revealing herself on a desk in a classroom. She rubbed her head. "Oh my gosh.. I had a weird dream.." she muttered. She slowly got off the desk, her feet a bit wobbly.

She immediately noticed three boys and a girl in the room as well. Two of them were Talia and Jaydin, and another one was a boy that was stuck in the classroom in her dream.

She looked over at the boy with gray eyes, who was next to her. His facial expression was shock. His eyes were widened... as if he didn't believe something.

Eva bit her lip, and looked around the room, suddenly feeling abashed. She felt her face get hot. "D-did I f-fall asleep? Oh gosh! I-- uh..." she grabbed her bag. "The bell will ring in a few... I should get a head start, my class is very far!" she fibbed. Her class was Pre-Calculus after lunch, but she had to leave this awkward state.

Just when Ai was about to sit down, another boy walked past her, sneezing. However, what was very unusual was that the boy's palm shot out water.

And it was directly towards her.

She gasped, and immediately swiped her yellow hat off the table, and shielded herself with it. The water made contact with the hat, making it wet. She gulped, sweat dripping down from her forehead. She lowered her hat, quietly.

That was close, she thought. She took a deep breath, and placed the hat back on the table, and replaced her frown with a huge smile. "Bless you!"

Everyone around them snickered, and continued to eat.

Last edited:
Hisoka, Jaydin, and Talia looked at each other, and nodded in agreement over what Eva said. Eva should probably be kept out of what really happened, and what she really is for the time being. Jaydin smiled at Eva, “Yes, the bell should be ringing soon, so we should all prepare for class. Though,” Jaydin said as he then turned to Caleb, “Caleb, if I may speak with you and Hisoka for a moment, alone, that would be great. We need to discuss something important.” Jaydin said to Caleb wanting to speak to him and Hisoka alone.

David looked at Ai, who smiled at him and blessed him from his sneeze, and smiled back. David hadn’t realized what had just happened with the water thing, and he didn’t know why the girl’s hat was now wet all of a sudden. David looked at Ai and said, “Thank you.” David said with a smile. He didn’t know why, but he then said, “My name is David Alburn, it’s nice to meet you, miss?” David said with a smile. He didn’t know why he would just introduce himself like that, but something just came over him that compelled him to do so.

Caleb was just about to walk out the door when Jaydin said something.

“Caleb, if I may speak with you and Hisoka for a moment, alone, that would be great. We need to discuss something important.”

Caleb blinked and turned around at the two of them. "Uh, yeah, sure." He started to walk back in the classroom, feeling somewhat jealous that Talia and Eva got to leave.

He scowled at Hisoka, but his expression softened at Jaydin. "So," he started, running his fingers through his hair. "Whaddya wanna talk about?" he raised his eyebrow, looking at his glimmering green eyes.

Evangeline took a deep breath and walked out the door of the classroom. She decided to hide out in the restroom, so that she could go back to the Pre-Calculus room when the bell rings.

"I have to go use the restroom," she tells Talia, and runs to restroom. She opens the door of the restroom and quietly goes in a stall.

Might as well use it here since I am here.

Suddenly, two more girls walked in the bathroom. "Oh my gosh, I just simply cannot stand her!"

"I know, right? I mean, seriously, she's got some nerve talking to the mayor's children and that bionic hunk!"

Eva bit her lip, listening in at the two conversating.

“Thank you.” The boy said with a smile. He didn’t know why, but he then said, “My name is David Alburn, it’s nice to meet you, miss?” David said with a smile.

Ai smiled playfully at David. "Hello, David! I'm Ai! Ai Fujito!" She took out her small, soft hand, waiting for the boy to shake it. "Friends?"

Ai barely even knows this boy, but she insists that he becomes friends with her. That's Ai for you... constantly expecting too much from people. Constantly making friends that could potentially harm her.

Jaydin looked at Caleb and then at Hisoka. “First of all, the both of you all don’t have to get along, but you can’t just fight like this in a public place.” Jaydin said especially the last part to Hisoka, while looking at him. Jaydin then looked at both of them, “Whether or not we choose to believe in having powers, if we do have them, we need to make sure to use them wisely and not let people find out about them. We don’t want to draw attention to ourselves, at least not until I can find out the truth on this matter. I am going to do my research on this topic, but for now, just don’t draw attention to yourselves and don’t fight like this again, okay?” Jaydin asked as he then prepared to head out of the classroom, but waited for an answer to his statement. Hisoka nodded, at least for now he would behave.

David smiled as he shook her hand. He had a rough time normally making friends, but Ai seemed to be different from other people. “Friends. Again, it’s nice to meet you Ai.” David said with a smile. ‘Friends, huh? That does seem different from how things usually go with me. I think I am going to have better luck this year.’ David said to himself in his mind. He didn’t know whether or not to talk more to Ai or to walk away to go find the person he was looking for originally.

Coming out of a nearby stall in the bathroom that Eva went to, was a punk girl with long messy dark pink hair. The girl looked at the two random girls who just entered the restroom. “And plus, she’s got more nerve than just talking to them. There is a new rumor that the mayor’s middle child, Jaydin, was it, actually likes her.” The girl named Kenna said to the two NPCs. She then rolled her eyes, “But seriously, why would he even bother with an low down orphan unless he just felt sorry for her. I’d bet you that he doesn’t actually care for her at all, and just is doing that thing he does of picking up stray puppies and then leaving them cold and alone in their shelter cages.” Kenna said with a wicked laugh. “The poor girl just won’t know she is nothing more than a stray, until she is left behind by that boy.” Kenna said as she stopped laughing and went to go wash her hands.

Last edited:
tumblr_o7lparLQr61r2pvg2o1_r2_500.gif

Evangeline's lip quivered as another girl pitched in. No. That's not true. Jaydin wouldn't do anything like that!

"Haha!" the other girl laughed. "You're right!"

More laughter.

Eva had enough. She bust open the stalls and the two girls turned around to look at her, snickering. Eva walked to the sink, and quietly washed her hands. She grabbed her bag and started to walk out, but stopped to look at Kenna straight in the eyes.

"You know," she started. "You're ass must be jealous of all that shit that comes out of your mouth."

tumblr_o1hf2u2yWD1uapp8co1_500.gif

Jaydin looked at Caleb and then at Hisoka. “First of all, the both of you all don’t have to get along, but you can’t just fight like this in a public place.” Jaydin said especially the last part to Hisoka, while looking at him. Jaydin then looked at both of them, “Whether or not we choose to believe in having powers, if we do have them, we need to make sure to use them wisely and not let people find out about them. We don’t want to draw attention to ourselves, at least not until I can find out the truth on this matter. I am going to do my research on this topic, but for now, just don’t draw attention to yourselves and don’t fight like this again, okay?” Jaydin asked as he then prepared to head out of the classroom, but waited for an answer to his statement. Hisoka nodded, at least for now he would behave.

Caleb sighed. "Alright, fine. I mean, it's not like I can fight my healing powers or anything--" he shout a death glare at Hisoka. "Just tell him to keep his nose out of my goddamn business--"

His eyes suddenly started to glow. "Or else I'll rip that damn nose off your face."

His eyes went back to normal and he looked at Jaydin. "I'll behave. Now, If you'll excuse me, I have to go to science."

David smiled as he shook Ai's hand. “Friends. Again, it’s nice to meet you Ai.” David said with a smile.

Ai nodded. "Nice to meet you too, Davy! Can I call you Davy!?" she asked, a bit excited. Ai always gives nicknames to anyone she meets. For example, a girl named Alyssa once asked her for a pencil, Ai gave her the nickname, "Aly". Sometimes, people call Ai, "Smiley" because she smiles to much. But "Smiley" is a big mouthful... and "Ai" is much shorter.

She smiled and waited for David's response.

Kenna laughed in response to Eva. “You got some mouth on you, orphan. But you’d best be careful, or it can get you into trouble. Plus, I dated that fool’s foolish brother once, I should know better than anyone else what those Herberts are really like. You are nothing more to Jaydin than the poor orphan girl you have always been and always will be, nothing more and nothing less.” Kenna said as she looked at Eva and tried to cut her down to reality. “Plus, no one just meets the orphan girl and falls for her, unless they are very stupid themselves.” Kenna said with a laugh. Kenna then looked at Eva, “In fact, no one is really that stupid that they would want to be around you for real. Not Jaydin, not his sister.....and not even your own family wanted to stay alive to be with you, they are probably more happy dead than they would be alive and still being with you today.” Kenna said as she crossed the line and knew that she did anyways. Kenna loved to cause trouble for people she didn’t like, and Eva fell into that category. She also liked to see people get angry and doubt themselves, for she knew she could use that anger and doubt against her enemies, causing a sort of backfire situation for her enemies. Kenna laughed at Eva, “You think anybody could ever actually care about you? You got another thing coming. No one would ever love the orphan girl.” Kenna said with a laugh.

Jaydin nodded at Caleb as he left the room. Jaydin and Hisoka followed and they started walking down the hallway. Jaydin looked at his brother as they walked. “So...how long have you known about us?” Jaydin asked his brother. Hisoka started to think before he answered, “Well, I think it was two years ago when I started to notice my own powers. But I didn’t know anyone else had powers until last year when I started hearing voices out of nowhere, and noticed that it was people’s shadows that I were hearing. Since I gained that ability, I heard all the shadows that told that they had powers as well, including you and Talia.” Hisoka said remembering how things happened for him. Jaydin looked at him, “So, you knew of Talia’s and my powers since last year? Why didn’t you say anything before now? Why keep it a secret?” Jaydin asked him. Hisoka looked at his younger brother, “Well, I wanted to tell you, but I didn’t want to sound crazy, plus I wanted to let you live your life without having to keep secrets from people, that’s really not a great way to live. But now that you know, you must learn to keep your powers hidden. And if you really like that Eva girl, you need to let her learn about her powers on her own, she is a special case because of her unique powers.” Hisoka said saying Jaydin needed to learn to keep his power a secret and that he needs to let Eva find out about her powers on her own. Jaydin didn’t like this idea, but he knew that his brother knew better when it came to this subject, for he was older, and plus he had the most experience with powers.

David was taken back by the fact that Ai would give him a nickname at all. No one ever gave him a nickname before, so this was sort of different for him. “Sure, you can call me whatever you want to.” David said with a smile. David didn’t really know what to fully think about this girl yet. She seemed to be spirited to say the least, and she seemed to be friendly as well. David didn’t really know how much of that he could handle at one time since he doesn’t come across those types of people too often, but he seemed to like the fact that he made one friend today. And on the plus side, Ai was sort of cute, if not a bit mysterious as well with the whole fear of water thing. David just stood there and smiled at Ai and wondered if she would say anything else to him, he wasn’t good with small talk, but he would at least try and respond if someone else made a comment to him.

Last edited:
tumblr_o7lparLQr61r2pvg2o1_r2_500.gif

Eva coldly stared at Kenna. "What you just said proved my point." She scowled at her. "You said that you dated Jaydin's older brother, correct?"

She moved closer to Kenna. "That means that you know his brother, not Jaydin!" She pushed her out of the way as the bell rang for class. "Tch," Eva said as she walked out the bathroom.

"OHMYGOSHIACTUALLYDIDTHATASDFGHJ!"

Eva then immediately ran to her Pre-Calculus class, and took a seat, still thinking about that girl's words.

Caleb sighed as he walked to his science class. "There's no freaking way..." he kept on muttering to himself.

Oh? a voice in his head said. If it's not real, then how the fuck did you heal that girl earlier?

He grit his teeth. That girl must've lied to get Hisoka's attention! she shot back. I can't be a healer! That defies logic! This isn't some supernatural T.V show!

No? What about Eva? You woke her up!

Just shut up!

The bell rang for class as Caleb finally reached his science room. He took a deep breath and entered the room, silently, taking a seat.

“Sure, you can call me whatever you want to.” David said with a smile. Ai grinned. "Alright then, Davy!" She reached for her yellow hat that has dried and placed it on her head.

"So, what's your favorite food? I love strawberries! They're nutritious and healthy! Oh! Not to mention chicken! It's filled with protein and goodies! Fish--no... fish are your friends... why would you eat them? Same with shrimp and stuff!" she said all that in one breath.

"Favorite book? I prefer to read mythology... my favorite series is Percy Jackson! The movies are horrible though, don't you think? Oh! Did you do your homework? Would you like me too do--"

"Aiiiiii~" a random NPC called out, running towards her. "Could you pleaseeee tell Mr. Liam to cancel the project that's due today!? He loves you! He'll do it if you ask him!"

Ai beamed. "Sure, Cassy!" Then, another boy ran up to her. "Can you pretty please help me with the test tomorrow? All you have to do is gimme your notebook!"

Ai nodded and gave the boy her notebook. The boy grinned and started to walk away, laughing with the NPC known as Cassy.

By the time things settled down for Ai, David was no where to be seen in sight, leaving Ai alone. The strange thing was that it almost appeared like he was never there to begin with, which was odd.

Kenna laughed when Eva was gone. “The trap is set. Already, she is falling hard for that boy, but she still won’t admit to herself the truth about herself, and that is what is keeping her powers at bay for now, which is exactly what is needed at the moment.” Kenna said with a laugh as she then looked at the two NPC girls from before, “Great job there with the acting. You two are dismissed for now.” Kenna said as the NPCs nodded and walked out of the restroom, leaving Kenna alone. “Well, better report this to the boss. Don’t want to keep them waiting.” Kenna said as she then walked out of the restroom as the scene faded to black.

————Time Skip: The End of the School Day (Classes are over)————

(I am doing the time skip for the end of school, as I was originally going to do 4th period, but something in me says to go with the end of the school day instead, so that is what we are doing. Also, I don’t think I announced this yet, but the current day we are on is a Wednesday. And yeah, from here just post about your adventures after the final bell has rung for the day. I will post for my characters later, as I am just not feeling so hot right now. But everyone can post all they want to from here. :))

Last edited:
Aaron
c3e64e61953b23c3feb045319c4dbb57--dc-comics-characters-fantasy-characters.jpg

(Just the look not the armour)
After pre-calculus Aaron's day went by uneventfully. At lunch he always avoided the cafeteria because there was always drama in there, and sat outside on a bench to eat his packed lunch instead. The weather never bothered him for some reason, he always felt warm regardless of what he was wearing.

Before he knew it, classes had ended and it was time to go home. Aaron picked up his bike, which unsurprisingly was still there, and headed home. As he made his way back to his shack his mind began to wander to other things, especially pre-calculus and everyone new he'd met.

He was so lost in thought he hadn't noticed the old lady in front of him approaching rapidly. Aaron quickly slammed on his brakes sending him careering off the front of the bike and landing hard. "Watch where you're going! Jackass!" Aaron watched as the elderly lady walked away completely unscathed, 'Typical' he thought to himself as he felt the bruises begin to form on his body. He got up, dusting himself off and picking up his now deformed bike he continued his walk home, his shoulder aching more than it really should.

The pain gradually got worse as he walked until he reached the tree line containing his shack, it was like his arm was being forcibly torn out it's socket. He dropped to his knees clutching his shoulder. As if things couldn't get any worse, his sensory overload kicked in. His body felt like it was on fire, he could see deep into the forest as if it was no big deal, he could hear conversations that sounded like they were miles away, he could smell the cooking from the diner on the other side of town. Why was this happening? He tore open his bag, emptied it on the floor and scrambled looking for his medication. It wasn't there. 'W-what?' Aaron said understanding that whatever was going to happen was going to be bad. He made his was for the trees trying to get away from anyone who might be able to see.

After getting a good distance away Aaron dropped to his knees again. He looked at his hands dumbfounded, there was hair growing on the back of them, black and white hair to be exact. His hands were growing, much larger than a normal human size. A feeling of bewilderment mixed with the agony as Aaron's body began to twist and contort, his muscles bulged and enlarged ripping and tearing his clothes as they did, he watched as a snout began to form on his face and his teeth grew into four large canines. He felt himself growing taller, he was definitely bigger and the fur now covered his whole body. 'What the hell is happening to me?!' Aaron thought lashing out at a nearby tree, tearing a very large chunk out if as if he were cutting butter with a knife. He looked down at his hands, there were black pads covering his palms and fingers, sharp claws protruding from the tips.

Aaron didn't know entirely what had happened but he'd changed into some kind of... Monster. He raised his head to look at the sky, threw his arms to his side and let out a scream. Yet what came out was not the scream of your average human teenager, but the loud guttural roar of a Bengal tiger, a roar that would cause even the bravest of men to loosen his bowels.

(For you to get an idea what he would sound like)

Suddenly behind Aaron, was a black wolf that growled at Aaron. The wolf didn’t seem afraid of Aaron’s tiger form, and instead seemed to be ready to stand its ground. The wolf then looked at Aaron, “So....I bet you are wondering what is going on with you right now? Well, you somehow finally tapped into your powers, lab experiment. Took you long enough...” the wolf told Aaron as it seemed to know about Aaron’s past and how he was experimented on. The wolf seemed like it wanted Aaron to realize what was going on with him and realize a bit about himself, but for why was unclear.

Meanwhile, after school was over for the day, Jaydin went to go visit the school’s library. The library was huge and filled with many books and computers that people could use to research things. Jaydin sat down at one of the computers, and researched to see if there was a book somewhere in the library on powers and abilities. “No, no good. The only books here just explain powers, I need a book that explains why people get powers.” Jaydin thought to himself as he came up short handed in his research. He then tried to surf the Internet to see if he could come up with something. However, every time he thought he might have found a lead, the webpage wouldn’t load, no matter how many times Jaydin tried to refresh the page and tried other methods to fix it. Jaydin eventually got mad at the computer and just logged off and took his things and walked out of the library. He walked all the way to the first floor of the school, and then went to the back of the school and stopped when he got to the large cherry tree that was in the center of the area. He then raised his hand as he looked at the tree. “I wonder....” Jaydin said as he then began to focus on the tree and suddenly, the tree’s cherries grew into perfect picking cherries, the kind that you know are definitely healthy to eat. Jaydin took a cherry from the tree and looked at it, “Remarkable. I just did that....” Jaydin said as he then ate the cherry, and it tasted perfect. Jaydin couldn’t believe he had this type of power, and wondered what else of nature that he could control.

84f31e5a6399a6ff47e4b71f395ee77c567910be_hq.gif

The day has ended, and all the students are free to leave. Evangeline Trust gathered her items and started to walk out the classroom, wondering what happened before she had slept in Mr. Goodwell's classroom. She's sure that she didn't fall asleep. If I didn't fall asleep... she wondered, did I faint? What happened that caused me to pass out?

She bit her lip, and decided to go to the library to work on her project. She walked in, the scent of fresh books and ink immediately attacks her nose. She smiles to herself, looking around the room. The smell is always refreshing...

She took a deep breath, and started to walk to the H section. For history, she has to do a ten page report on Alexander Hamilton. She ran her finger along the spines of the books on the shelves, looking for the perfect books. She ended up finding three thick books about Mr. Hamilton. She took them about, and walked to a table to sit at. She opened the first book and started to read when something caught her eye.

She saw Jaydin in the library... looking for something. He then decided to surf the web, but shortly after, he gave up, frustrated. What is he looking for?

Eva pursed her lips, and examined Jaydin walking out the library. Should I follow him? She shook her head. No! That's what stalkers do! I'm not a stalker!

She decided to leave the library, because she couldn't really focus after that. She grabbed her items and checked out the books. She was just about to leave when everything went dark.

There were many screams, but then someone walked into the library. "Students! Don't fear! It's just a simple blackout!" Everyone immediately calmed down, and started to take out their phones. A wash of relief came of Eva, because she thought she passed out for a second. Everything was normal.

She took a deep breath, and ate those words, because when she blinked... her vision was green. She was able to see everything... but it was green. Eva yelped, and fell down, crashing into a few chairs.

M-my vision looks l-like... night vision...

Nightvision.jpg

Caleb sighed as he walked out the school and into the beautiful outdoors. He groaned, internally. First day of school and things are already screwed, he thought, walking.

As he was walking, he heard a loud tiger's roar in the distance. What the heck is that? He looked up at the clear, blue sky. Then behind him. He then looked ahead, not seeing anything.

Must've been my imagination he decided. He shrugged. Just as he was about to cross the street, a limousine arrived.

Right on time.

He groaned, opened the limo's door, and motioned the driver to go ahead. The driver got the memo, and started driving to school.

Once he arrived at the mansion, he quietly rang the doorbell. The door opened, and he walked in. "I'm home!" he called out. His voice echoed in the empty house. "Um.. Aria... where's father?" he asked, noticing her cleaning. "He's out at work."

"Ah. I see," he said, his voice a bit bitter. He quietly went upstairs, changing, and then crashing into his bed. He closed the lights, pressed a button on a remote, and holographic glowing stars appeared on the ceiling. He stared at them for a long moment, but then he grabbed the T.V remote and pressed the on button.

"BREAKING NEWS. THE FUJITO'S RESIDENCE HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO AND SOMEONE HAS BEEN MURDERED."

Kobato-crying-kobato-36965006-500-282.gif

Ai happily skipped all the way to her little house. Her long hair flowing behind her as her hand prevents her hat from floating away. "La la laaaaaa~" she hummed as she waved at all the townsfolk.

Once she had arrived at her house, she smiled and opened the door. It was... unlocked. Huh. She stepped in, and shouted, "I'm homeeeee~"

No answer.

She blinked, but kept that smile on. "Dad? You home?" she called. As she emerged further in, she noticed that the house was fairly messy. Papers where everywhere.. carpets were uneven...

She looked in the living room, and gasped.

There, on the floor, was a male's body.

Her father's body.

She raced towards him, and placed his head on her lap. His neck was... cut. Slit open. Ai felt a warm tear on her pink cheeks. "D-dad? Y-you're joking... right?" She looked around the room. I need a phone..

She ran up to the home phone, and dialed 911.

"Hello, what is yo--"

"MY DAD'S DEAD! I-I THINK HE'S BEEN... BEEN..."

"Calm down, ma'am. You're address?"

"76907 Tulip Rd..."

(Well this just turned dark all of a sudden)

David was walking down Main Street when he passed by a television in the window that caught his attention. It read that the Fujito residence was broken into and someone was murdered. David thought for a moment on who the Fujitos were, and then it hit him, “Ai!!!!!” David said as he then looked worried at the news. He then saw the address on the news and suddenly began running to Ai’s house. But as he was running, he suddenly teleported away and then reappeared right outside of Ai’s house. He didn’t really seemed to be phased by that, and only started to look at Ai’s house and the area around it.....

Meanwhile, Jaydin hadn’t noticed that a blackout occurred at the school, for he was facing the opposite way from the building. Jaydin seemed to be trying to test more of his power out by trying to make flowers appear around the cherry tree, but he seemed to be having trouble in doing so. This made him realize that some parts of his power are still effected by weather and seasons, and nature itself. “Interesting...then I wonder?” Jaydin said as he suddenly turned around and tried to create a huge evergreen tree as he turned around, and was able to create a small one that looked like it was trying to grow from just being born. “Okay, not what I was going for. Let’s see here...” Jaydin said as suddenly he tried to make the tree grow, and it started to grow from his power. However, the tree grew so fast and tall that it accidentally snapped and fell right into the school building, having the top land directly in the library itself. Jaydin was shocked that this happened, and he just whistled as he walked away from the scene before anyone could pin it on him. He ended up in the school building to notice that the power was out and was relieved for the fact that it seemed like no one saw what happened with the tree thing, at least anything that involved him causing it. He then just sat down on a bench at the front of the school and pulled out his phone to try researching again.

The school day had ended and so, Yuri began her trek home. The rest of her classes were the same old: boring lessons, needless information. Yet Yuri faced it all with a smile on her face. Why? Caleb. The boy she had only just met had been giving her butterflies in her stomach all day. She questioned it, but it only intensified her feeling. It'd been ages since she felt this way, so happy and anxious simultaneously. Even during the latter half of the mean Mr. Blackseye's class, the thought of this gorgeous man kept her safe and comforted. She was skipping all the day home, like a wee child in the spring of youth.

And soon, the pink-haired girl arrived at her house, which was exactly how she left it. She knocks on the door and calls out, "Mom, dad; I'm home!" as she opens the door. The knocking wasn't at all necessary, but it was a courtesy nonetheless. The moment her shoe touches the hardwood floor in her house, an eerie feeling passes over her. It was very similar to the feeling she had when she noticed her family wasn't there in the morning. Not even the comfortable thought of Caleb helped to combat this nauseous feeling. It was like she stepped into some parallel dimension, where everything was foreign despite it being exactly the same. Paradoxical in nature, yet confined to this very house.

Worried, Yuri places her backpack on the floor by the door and cautiously walks forward, looking around the various artworks hung along the foyer's hallway. Vivid paintings of cherry blossoms blooming, stoic portraits of past emperors, and even pictures of her own family, smiling and embracing each other. Yet none of it felt real. She knew who those people were, she could name each of them. But it was it really them? Even after she called out, no one came to respond to her. Usually her little sister would come to greet her, happy to see her jubilant sister arrive. But not even a pin dropped in her presence. Come to think of it, not even her cautious footsteps were making noise. The hardwood clacked against her heels, but no noise came out. The feeling, the pressure, the sensation of walking was there, but not an ounce of reverberation.

I'm all alone, Yuri thought, getting increasingly worried and distraught.

Because you are alone, a voice responds. It wasn't from her mind, yet it also wasn't coming from anywhere she could hear. It just appeared in her eardrums. She heard it, loud and clear. The voice sounded similar to the static on the TV when no channel was on, but with clarity and reason. It was like listening to a radio in hopes of hearing something.

"W... who's there?" Yuri squeaks, guarding herself as she looks around, suspicious of the circumstances.

You know my name. You know exactly who I am. Say it. the voice commanded, more fierce and direct than before. Yuri did know what this voice was. Years and years ago, she heard this voice. It commanded her to do awful things, but she never followed through. She had visions of them, yes, but she was sure she never committed to them.

"I'm... not falling for your tricks, yokai." she mumbled. A yokai was a demon in Japanese folklore, often associated with curses and general misdoings. Some yokai were friendly, but most were harmful.

Yokai? I'm flattered. You compare me to the devils of Hell, yet you fail to see the irony of your words. You know what you did.

"I didn't... do anything!"

Denial, anger... yes, I see. You're so grievous that you fail to realize what you've done. You did the one thing you thought would silence me. Now you're paying the price of listening to me.

"I... I got rid of you! I spent so much time there! I'm healthy, sound of mind!" Yuri pleads. She looked around and noticed she was in front of her bedroom mirror. When did she walk here?

You can never get rid of who you truly are. You merely suppressed me. I will humor you and say "congratulations".

"Get out of my head... get out!" she screams. The reflection didn't move. Not an inch. It stared at her, unwavering. No emotion, no response. But Yuri knew she was moving, she was talking, clutching her head. She felt her head, but the movements didn't match the mirror.

Isn't that a familiar sight? The only thing missing is a gown and blood-soaked fingers. You can even see the stains.

It was right. There were faded bloodstains on her mirror. One that looked like her finger prints, the other that looked like her palm. The expression on her face revealed dull, emotionless eyes, devoid of life or expression. Yet she felt her own eyes trembling.

Take the plunge. it whispered. And she did. Her feet moved on her own as she walked towards the mirror, touching the reflection. It grinned. She grinned back.

Good girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...
police suspect the fire was set due to a faulty wire, given the age of the house and its disrepair. Among the damage, only one item was intact: a simple bedroom mirror. Firemen say they have no idea how the wood frame didn't catch fire, or was even remotely warm when they stormed the burning building looking for survivors. A young girl, identified as Yuri Nakano, was brought to safety to the Ombreville Emergency Center. There are no signs of external damage and she is on the way to having a full recovery. Doctors say that she passed out due to the inhalation of carbon monoxide and have administered oxygen to purge the deadly chemical from her system. That's all for OHN, your hourly news station on 102.6 FM. Tune in later where we'll co--"

click.

I never liked her voice.

Last edited:
At the Ombreville Emergency Center, in the room that the doctors put Yuri in, a girl appeared out of nowhere and sat down in a chair furthest away from Yuri. “Yuri! Wake up!” The girl with purple hair said to Yuri trying to wake her up. The girl then casted a spell and made cold water splash onto Yuri’s face, trying to wake her up from being passed out. The new girl seemed to know who Yuri was, even if Yuri might not know who this stranger was herself.

Yuri suddenly awoke, having been splashed with ice cold water. In hindsight, perhaps the person should not be splashing water near very expensive, very delicate machinery. But this wasn't an issue to her; the real issue was figuring out where she was and who this girl was. Her eyes look over to the girl, seemingly confused and distraught. Her first response, as in most situations was the following:

"Mom...?"

The newcomer shook her head no. “No, sorry, I’m not anywhere close to being a mother in my age. My name is Serenity, Serenity May, and I’m here to help you.” Serenity said introducing herself to Yuri. She then casted another spell and suddenly Yuri was dry like no water had hit her at all, and then another spell was casted to try and give Yuri more energy and make her more healthy than the doctors would be able to. “Yuri, can you tell me what is the last thing you remember before waking up here? Even the smallest detail can be most helpful here.” Serenity said as she wondered what the last thing that Yuri remembered was.

Aaron
c3e64e61953b23c3feb045319c4dbb57--dc-comics-characters-fantasy-characters.jpg

Aaron heard a growl behind him and turned to see a black wolf behind him, shocked he stumbles backwards tripping over a log "D-don't hurt me" Aaron whimpers, holding his large paw in front of his face. “So....I bet you are wondering what is going on with you right now? Well, you somehow finally tapped into your powers, lab experiment. Took you long enough...” At this Aaron lowers his paw, not entirely sure what he just heard "E-experiment?", at this pain shoots through Aaron's skull as memories come flooding back, painful memories of experiments being conducted on him, doctors standing around him assessing him, himself turning into the beast he was now for the first time, and finally standing in snow on the side of a mountain with the facility he had been raised in on fire. "I... don't understand.." This was too much, he could turn into a tiger and now he finds out he was a lab experiment? Aaron stared at the wolf, insecurity etched all over his face.

((lmfao i know o-o))
Kobato-crying-kobato-36965006-500-282.gif

Out the house, many police officers where there, and some were inside, examining the house and looking for clues. The hospital had arrived, and took Ai's father in.

Ai was outside, crying her eyes out. Her cheeks are red and so were her eye from the crying. She was sobbing hard. "Now, what did you see?" an officer kept asking. "What happened?"

"I..." she paused, trying to take in a deep breath. "I came home from school, acting like my usual cheerful self... when I walked in, I noticed that the whole area was messed up... as if someone was... looking for something." She sniffed, recalling everything. "I then saw my--my--"

"It's alright."

"I saw my dad on the floor... his throat--his throat--" she paused, not wanting to say anymore. "It's alright. We'll take it from here," the officer stated, and left Ai alone, to weep.

She heard footsteps coming, and when she turned around, she noticed David standing there. Ai quickly wiped the tears off her face, and gave him her best smile.

"H-hello D-davy... how are you? Is everything good? D-did you eat l-lunch?"

84f31e5a6399a6ff47e4b71f395ee77c567910be_hq.gif

Eva swallowed, looking around. I'm probably dreaming. She slowly got up, and started to rub her eyes. No... this is real. She bit her lip. I have to leave... she decided. She then ran to the door, opened it, and sprinted out the library, and out the school, her sight still green and peculiar.

What's going on with me?

Eva sprinted out the school, and to her orphanage, still stunned about what just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back