• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Selection

embed.php
jrmmqJb.jpg

Todrick actually chuckled at the joke,showing a rare glance of humor in front of the Selected. He usually was quite serious during his job,but he had allowed himself to open up near the girls. The truth is that he probably would have laughed even if the joke was bad,just to make Winnifred more comfortable.

"That would be me. Knight in shining armor...and dreadlocks." He gave the girl a side smile,which only grew when she asked for his name. Todrick allowed his eyes to wander through the castle before answering,being scrupulous as usually. Nothing passed through him,and he preferred to keep things like that. "My name is Todrick. And yes,I did know your name,miss. We are asked to learn particular details about our assignments. Just so we can be extra creepy."

He kept a serious expression in his face,but his eyes shined with humor. Todrick smiled with his eyes as much as he did with his mouth. He gestured for Winnie to follow him to her appointed room,opening the door lightly when they got there.

"This is your room,and inside you will find most things that you need. But in case something is missing,just let me know. Anything you desire,I will find a way to get to you. Do you want to check your room now? Or I could give you a quick tour through the castle. Ah,I almost forgot." The smile was back to his mouth as he leaned lightly against the wall. "Good luck on the Selection."

@labyrinthecho

tumblr_m7or00XPr81r2aobgo1_r1_500.gif

~Clary Brookes~

When she was just waiting everything around she would hear different people's conversations, it was interesting to her. Every so often she would run her fingers through her soft hair or look down at her perfectly manicured nail that were rough maybe only an hour ago. She kept smoothing her dress out more times then she probably should have. It wasn't because she was nervous but because she just didn't know what to do with herself since there was one thing she painfully noticed, she stood out and didn't belong there.

Seeing a girl walk towards her out of the corner of her eye, she just straightens her posture figuring that she was going to be judged on everything she does. Hearing the maid see her full name made her want to cringe. Standing up, she looks at the girl and says kindly, "Please just call me Clary, and I'm fine but thank you, I'm honestly just ready to get out of this room" she says since the scent of the nail polish and hairspray was giving her a head ache. She didn't let them really paint her nails but put a clear coat on them. "I would start walking but I have no idea where we are going, so I'm going to let you lead the way."

@Opalescence

~Queen Julianna~

Hearing the guard knock she figured it would be as good of time as ever to take her leave. "No sweetheart, do what you need to do, I'll see you at the last dinner before we have all the girls with us 24/7." she says before giving her son a hug and kissing her husband a quick kiss n the cheek before walking out. She was fairly tempted to go see the girls but she knew they were probably nervous enough already without her showing up. The castle was huge and she figured a lot of the girls will get lost very easily.

Finally she just made her way to the women's room once more just taking a seat in the chair towards the corner of the large beautiful room that had a TV on the wall and a long sofa in the middle with chair staggered around. There was a bookshelf with different classic books on it and then the latest tabloids so the girls will always know not only what Alex thinks of them but what the people think of them. The best part was no guys were allowed in this room. Not even the Prince or the King themselves. Sitting there she turns grabbing her basket that had a crocheting needle and yarn in it and she continues to make the blanket that she had been working on for a while.

@Tsiwentiio @Iskolde

Last edited by a moderator:

PTyPwEG.png

a72176f4153f41bb5edb02ffd1bcb40a.jpg

Kelsey noticed the slight tensing of the girl's shoulders as she addressed her. She spoke, not unkindly, and for that Kelsey was grateful, though she fought to keep her expression neutral. The girl's name, as written on her application, was Clarissa and the maids had been instructed to address them as such, with the honorific "Miss" in front, of course. They weren't really on particularly close terms, at least not yet, and this request, as simple as it may have been, rattled Kelsey's sense of order. After a long moment, she nodded, stiffly at first but eventually loosening into a calm acknowledgement. "I'll try to remember that, Miss Clary," she replied, a hesitant smile curling the corners of her lips. She extended a hand to help the girl to her feet, stepping to the side and just ahead of the blonde as soon as she was steady. "I'd be more than pleased to show you to your rooms. Just follow me," she said, holding the door of the salon open for Clary and following her out of the fog of hairspray and perfume and into the clean, cool air of the hallway. "I imagine you might want to rest a little anyways before the meeting tonight and dinner." Quietly, her hands folded primly in front of her, Kelsey led Clary down the hallways, mindful to keep her pace slower than her regular brisk walk to accommodate the girl's heeled steps. After a minutes and multiple twists and turns, Kelsey stopped the pair in a hallway with several doors on either side. She stood in front of the third door and carefully pushed it open, revealing the spacious chambers available to the Selected during their stay here. Kelsey extended her arm, motioning that Clary could step inside and survey her rooms. "Here you are, Miss. Is there anything that I can help you with at this point?"

GtH74nE.png

f441cb064ce826ad630ad293dc43306a.jpg

She brightened at the suggestion. Truthfully, the lingering cloud of hairspray and perfume and the acrid sharp smell of nail polish was starting to make her feel rather light headed and she was sure that even in the smallest heels the maids could find, less than an inch of the ground, the fog and threatening headache behind her eyeballs would make her wobbly and unsteady on her feet. Meri pushed to her feet, once again catching a glimpse of the horrendously bright shoes the maids had been forced to put her in at her refusal to wear anything so high off the ground. The bright purple was almost garish against the gentle gold of the dress, and Meridian found herself laughing to herself at her own feet. She lifted her head, following as quickly as she could after Vivienne, fighting back more staccato chuckles at the humor in her own shoes. "Sorry, it's just that these shoes look so funny with this dress," she explained to Vivienne, pulling up the hem of the dress high enough to show off the blinding footwear. "I didn't mean to be difficult, I just couldn't possibly fathom walking around in heels longer than my big toe! I hope the rest of the maids won't be too terribly upset with me," she mused, her voice forlorn.

Once they exited the salon and stepped into the hallway, Meri inhaled a breath of fresh air. Immediately, the throbbing behind her eyes lessened and she was happy to find herself much steadier on her feet than she had expected.
"Ah, that's so much better." She grinned, multi-colored gaze drifting to the ceiling. After a moment of collecting her thoughts, she turned her attention back to Vivienne. "Do we have to go the room right away? Or is there any chance you can sneak me through these hallways? I'd love a chance to explore the castle, see the gardens if I could!" She enthused, eyes brightening at the prospect. After a long car ride and several hours sitting underneath the preening of maids, she was loathe to go anywhere where she had to sit still for several more hours. She bent over, plucking the shoes off her feet, revealing toes painted the same pearly white as her fingers. "I promise I can keep up!"
@Redamancy

BmznCoy.png

Where?: Heading to the Women's Room | Time?: idk |

Status?: Stressed, worried, Vivienne | With?: nobody yet @Redamancy @Opalescence

;;It was a wonder anybody woke up at this hour. How early did he have to get out of bed? Six A.M.? Five? Honestly, he had totally forgotten. But at around that time, the girls hadn't even arrived. So why did he wake up at that time, you ask? Well, as it so happens, the maids were out and about at the crack of dawn. And, being the kind of guy that wakes up at just about every sound—or before every sound, I should say—the sound of something breaking alerted his senses. But also being the kind of guy that couldn't possibly go back to bed after waking up, he simply rose and got ready for the day to come(of course, he just stayed in his room and waited).

;;He should've at least tried to take some sleeping pills. Now he won't be as alert if danger arrives! Gritting his teeth, he gripped the handle of his gun, as if danger was already in front of him. It was, of course, just a bad habit of his when he's annoyed or frustrated. But he probably did look intimidating to the onlookers, for he had forgotten to put in his contacts. You'd think he wouldn't, as those are basically his life-line(or rather, other people's life-line if you don't want him to mistake you for a villain =3= ). But, considering his eyesight isn't as poor as a bat's, he thought he'd be alright until he guided his Selected to her designated room(hint "I thought").

;;Squinting into the piece of crumpled paper in his hand, he searched for the name again. "C.. Callie Parks," he whispered out loud, feeling the English name on his foreign tongue. Suddenly, he collided into a small body. Looking up(or down, idk), he squinted to recognize her face. His eyes resembled glaring daggers. As soon as he saw it was Vivienne, he took a step back. His facial features changed completely, going from squinty-squint to being more scared than a man that saw a ghost real fast. "A-ah, my sincerest apologies, Miss Karnma," he stuttered, avoiding eye contact completely. About to leave, he realized there was another woman with him. Meridian D'Novak, most likely. Turning to her with kind eyes and a charming smile, he bowed slightly. "Miss D'Novak, I presume?" If he left so abruptly, she would think his manners were awful. Despite him not wanting to protect the girls, he was still a gentleman.

ezimba15491729941200.jpg

Vivienne grinned. She was so different. Cool.

As they walked, she turned her head toward the girl, saying softly, "Don't worry. Even if you couldn't, I'd wait. We can take a look around the place if you want. Some areas are off limits to staff and Selected, but I'll show you what I can. If it's more comfortable, we can find wedges for you." She never wore wedges. Ever. The closest she came to were cheep thick-heeled boots. And now she was pretending she knew anything about them. "I know the prince personally." Almost. She saw him sometimes. "He isn't too judgmental with women. I'm sure you'll win, if you just keep doing exactly what you are doing now. If the problem is the heel itself, I'm sure we can get some formal flat-"

She connected with something and was certain it was a wall. Her grace quickly left, and she took a few steps back, laughing nervously.

That's a very scared wall. Her laughter died down to annoyance. He made me look stupid in front of her. And then he wants to look at me like I boiled his rabbit? ... And what the hell was that just now? ...Subtle. Subtly tell him to- She rubbed her quarter length sleeves, revealing more tattoos decorating her toned arms. "Sorry, man." She ran her hand through her hair, letting out a chuckle.

For the second after she dropped her hand, she gave him a look that suggested she felt no humor in this moment. The gaze became something like a casual deadpan as she said, "I should introduce you two. This is Alice Seong." Did she say that right? She didn't really care. If nothing else, she could say she used the first name as the last. Unless last was first where he came from. Where did he come from? She didn't really care.

"And you know who this is." She gave him a smile that met her eyes, in great contrast to the look she just gave him, as if to say that she could act kind around him, but it didn't necessarily mean it was for his sake.

?Stats?

Tags: @Opalescence @labyrinthecho

Mentioned: Meridian, Alice

Mood: Calm/Annoyed

Other: Ees okay. She doesn't hate him.

ezimba15491751897400.jpg

She briskly walked down the hall, her eyes on the pattern of the tile. She was purposefully late, getting ready until the last moment, where she made her way to the women's room, repeating the girl's name over and over.

"Elizabeth Green. Elizabeth Green..." Natalia squeezed past three people by the door, and stopped once she got inside. She rarely saw so many people at once. A bit overwhelmed, she watched the interactions between others, suddenly aware that she couldn't remember what Elizabeth looked like. They all looked like they could be named Elizabeth. Or Sarah. They looked like a bunch of Sarahs. Except without the 'H'.

Her eyes fell on a blonde, and she inhaled slowly, trying to decide if she was the one she had been assigned to. Maybe...?

Instead of approaching her, she stayed back, watching, and pretending to be doing... something.

?Stats?

Tags: @Smoaki

Mentioned: Elizabeth

Mood: Calm/Annoyed

Other: (Elizabeth is paired with Natalia.)

Theresa gracefully walked towards the Women's Room,and stepped inside. Apparently, the selected girls would meet the maids and guards assigned to them here. Several guards and maids had already met their charges, so all she had to do was sit and wait for the royal family.

She wanted to run a hand through her hair to calm down, but hesitated, as that would mess up the job done by the palace staff. So, she settled for stroking the blue silk of her skirt. There were three guards, two male and one female, and all of them were beautiful. She also noticed a maid with what appeared to be tattoos across her arms. They seemed busy with their assignments, so she couldn't talk to them.

Then, she noticed the door opening. Was this her maid? She needed someone to talk to- she felt lonely and scared. And not even a physical slap could stop it.

@Smoaki

tblCGEg.png

Where?: On an adventure | Time?: idk |

Status?: Suddenly curious, mischievous | With?: The oh-so handsome Todrick @Radiohead

;;Dreadlocks sounded way better than his name. Without a doubt, that would be her new nickname for him. As they came across her room, she opened the door a touch more to peak inside. It looked like there were dozens among dozens of pillows piled on top of her bed. The corners of her mouth twitched. With an obvious sarcastic tone, she said,"I'm sorry, Dreadlocks, but there just aren't enough pillows on this b—wait, adventure?" Her head whipped around to face him. A smile slowly grew on her lips, appearing mischievous and curious, with a possible hint of killing intent.

;;Honestly, she probably resembled a child that just found the most exciting thing in the world. "Do you know where any of those super-top secret places where the King and Queen would usually escape from attacks? Or is the castle not that old..? Ah, never mind. That'd probably be restricted. I can't do a lot with this dress, anyway" she tugged at the black fabric, revealing how hard it'd be to do the splits. A sigh escaped her mouth. 'Wait, why are we wearing the dresses again? Aren't we supposed to meet the Royals tonight?' she thought to herself, chewing on her bottom lip. "I guess I'll just follow you, then!" she decided with a grin.

~Queen Julianna~

The Queen waited patiently in the main hall for the girls to get there and once they did, the king wasn't there so she just started to speak. "Welcome ladies to the castle, we will be spending a lot of time together and it is crazy for me to think that someone in this room is going to be my future daughter-in-law. I look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you. You will be in the Women's room where I will also be for most days, all except for one of you tomorrow who will be on the first date. You ladies will get to meet the King at some other time but not today. I don't want to keep you from your dinner but I will she all of you bright and early tomorrow for breakfast." she says before turning and walking away disappearing into the halls of the castle.

The girls were instructed to meet at the end of the hallway, dressed in a dress that was in their closets, hair and make-up done. There was a women maybe late 30's standing there with her back hair pulled back tightly and a very serious look was on her face. Then she spoke, "Ladies my name is Susan, I will basically be your teacher or director while you are here at the castle. I hope you all had a restful first night in the palace, because today your work begins. Today I will begin to instruct you on conduct and protocol, a process that will continue depending on the duration of your stay.Please know I will be reporting any missteps on your part to the royal family. I know it sounds harsh but this isn't a game to be taken lightly. Someone in this room is going to be the next princess of Ilea. You must endeavor to elevate yourselves, no matter your previous station. You will become ladies from the ground up. And this very morning you will receive your first lesson. Table manners are very important, and before you can eat in front of the royal family, you must be aware of certain etiquette. The faster we get through this little lesson, the sooner you get to have your breakfasts. Follow me" she says before making her way down the stairs and into a huge room which was the Great Room.

"Faces forward please" She went on explaining how the ladies will be served from the right, which glass was for which beverage, and to never, ever reach for a pastry with their hands. Always use tongs. Their hands were to rest in their laps when not in use, napkin draped underneath. They weren't to speak unless spoken to. Of course, they could talk to their neighbors quietly, but to always keep it at a level befitting for the palace.

"Well ladies that is what I have to stay but you will be meeting the prince in a few minutes. Each of you will get a couple minutes with him once he calls you over." she says directing their attention over to a plush couch in the corner with a small coffee table in front of it. "After all of you have gotten a chance to speak with him, you will be dismissed to go to the dining hall for breakfast." (Prince Que (
@Iskolde))

~Clary Brookes~

Julianne-Hough-Womens-Health-3.jpg

Looking at the maid that was in front of her she followed her out not really knowing what else she would say to this girl. The heels she were in, were driving her nuts and they were extremely hard to walk in. She almost felt like she couldn't feel the ground beneath her. Clary was already clumsy enough without adding heels in the equation. "Thank you, and you're right, I wouldn't mind relaxing a bit" she says before stepping into the room that was beautifully furnished. "What should I call you by?" she asks curiously figuring she should learn the name of her maid since if she stays, they will be spending a lot of time together. Waiting for her to answer, she just sits on the best that was so comfortable and the duvet felt so soft. She honestly didn't know what to do with all of this, just thinking that this would be her life for a little while. The room she was in was basically more than half the size of her whole house. But she didn't expect anything different. Finally she gets up from the bed and walks over to a set of glass double doors that lead out to a balcony that was fairly small but she had a perfect view of the gardens below. Everything was so beautiful and she honestly knew she would be able to enjoy herself at this palace. She was only really here for her family, for them so they could get their heads above water once again, financially at least. Walking back into her bedroom again she flops on her bed once again waiting until she was going to meet the king and queen.

Everything with the queen went smoothly and then the next day came and she knew today she would be meeting the Prince and she bet half of the girls were full on nerves but she honestly just couldn't care less. With the help of her maid, she got dressed and got her make-up and hair done. There were only a few dresses in her closet so she knew her maid would sow her some more. She again asked for light make up and just curly hair.

Listening to Susan speak almost bore her to death, she knew table manners and zoned out for about half of the 'lesson.' Finally when the lesson was over, she announced the Prince was going to be here soon and that caught her attention slightly but she still felt the same way about this whole ordeal.

@Smoaki@Valk@labyrinthecho@Tola@Iskolde@Redamancy@Snowflower@Radiohead@Tsiwentiio@Opalescence@Libra259@sprouhtt

(Sorry for the long post but please read through it, this is when the fun begins for the selected ladies anyway)​

embed.php
jrmmqJb.jpg

Todrick tried to hide a smirk at his new nickname,although he wasn't very successful in that task. He could imagine a few nicknames for Winnie as well,but most of then seemed to consist of a compliment towards her gorgeous bright eyes.

He was about to reply to her question and begin the tour when he heard the voice of the Queen coming through the hall. Almost by reflex,Todrick straightened his posture. He was completely quiet until the Queen finished her speech. Todrick gave Winnie a smile,looking slightly disappointed.

"Sorry,miss. I guess the tour will have to wait. The Queen's will is law,and you will surely agree with me if you win this competition. I won't keep you any further." Todrick took a step back,bowing lightly. He waited for the girl to dismiss him,side smile still on his face. "Remember,I'm here for your every wish. Even if it's just to look at my hair a little more."

Interacting with: The oh so gorgeous Winnie @labyrinthecho

Mentioned:
@ScarlettRose16

tblCGEg.png

Where?: Dining area | Time?: Morn |

Status?: Slightly nervous, curious | With?: Just about everyone

;;Smiling at Todrick, she nodded. "Well, I wouldn't want to be flogged for being late!" she admitted, her eyes glittering. "I think I have everything I need, but I find your hair interesting, so we'll need to see each other soon," she quickly added before leaving.

;;Winnie stood attention to Susan's words. "Such is this, such is that, blah, blah, blah," was all she was hearing as her thoughts drifted farther than the moon. It was only supposed to be a dare. Things went from funny to serious real fast, however. Really, she'd have to thank Thomas as soon as she was kicked out—assuming she doesn't get the crown. Everything in the room was spinning. Why was she anxious? No one would want a freaking rebel to say "Your Highness" to—not even her! The blond raised her head a little higher, gulping down whatever fear was trying to overcome her.

;;After listening to half of what Susan said, she understood that it was totally illegal not to tap feet under the table. But she had been doing that for a while, so when her head turned towards Winnie, she offered her best apologetic smile and stopped. 'Yes, well, not everyone has practically been raised among the Royals, Susan,' she wanted to say, but that'd probably be illegal, too. The fact that each of the girls would get a chance to speak with the Prince piqued her interest. How long would that take? Half of the entire day?

;;Looking down at her hand, she realized she had torn one of her nails a little. She worked her way to tear it off with her other hand with as little pain as possible. The pinched woman announced that His Highness would be upon them shortly, and she tore the nail a little too close to the finger.

Prince Alex

Alex ran a hand through his hair and across his suit nervously. Even if his father said he should be nervous, he didn't like the feeling of his heart beating erratically in the pit of his stomach. The meeting the day before, with his father, had gone well in Alex's opinion, aside from how extremely bored he'd been. The young prince feared that he was t fit to be King. He already didn't like sitting still for more than five minutes, how could he do it for as long as those meetings lasted?

Alex turned his head and nodded at a maid waiting by the door, she smiled and pushed open the door, allowing the prince to walk through it. Blue eyes grazed over every face in the room, they were all pretty. Dear lord, that just him even more nervous. Alex cleared his throat and placed a hand behind his back, nodding politely to the girls.

"Good morning, ladies. As you most likely know, I am Prince Alex Oliver De Clare." His raspy voice carried across the room, much like the way his fathers did. "I must say that I find all of you extremely pleasing to the eye." Alex smiled, the hand behind his back clenching and unclenching randomly. "I am looking forward to talking to each of you today, though, I do not wish to rush you. When you are ready, you may request my company."

Alex deposited himself into a plush couch in the corner of the room, awaiting the eventual flock of girls asking to speak with him.

Here goes nothing.

Interacting with:No one (open for interaction)

embed.php
jrmmqJb.jpg

By the time the girls had arrived,Todrick had already been awake for hours. Again,he wasn't expecting much trouble. But just in case,he was prepared. Now Todrick stood with his back against the room's wall,keeping a close attention to the girls and occasionally drifting his glance to Susan. While his assignment was only Winnie,he liked to make sure that everyone else was doing well. The woman's speech was boring,though. To put it mildly. Why couldn't the girls just act like themselves? If they were forced to behave in a certain pattern,how would Alex know their true personalities? Not knowing the soul of his future queen seemed dangerous.

He frowned lightly when he realized that he shouldn't be questioning the decisions of his rulers,so he focused back on his watch. Winnie didn't seem so happy about this situation either. To him,she was behaving perfectly. Whenever Susan wasn't looking,Todrick made sure to send a look of playful boredom over to Winnie. At least she would know that she wasn't alone.

When the Prince entered the room,Todrick stood straight and bumped his fist against his chest in a show of respect. He turned back to the girls,wondering which one would be brave enough to go first.

Interacting with: @labyrinthecho

@Iskolde

ezimba15491754131000.jpg

Beatrice was patient, trying to absorb anything thrown at her. She fidgeted with what she could, including her dress... and that was it. She practiced these things in her head, even mouthing out the words she would say, and the way she would talk.

Bee doubted herself, going with all the worst scenarios along with the best. Any girl that looked at a cute guy, and said they didn't imagine him proposing was either into something else, or a complete liar. She'd imagined some of the staff in a suit. I mean, really. She smiled knowingly, humoring herself with more of these thoughts, until a noise came from the entrance. She froze, looking like she'd heard gunfire.

It was just- Oh no. That was him. She was overcome with a feeling of dread she didn't want or expect. No one moved.

Her breathing became shallow, stopping altogether for a moment. Her body shook with silent laughter as she cracked under the pressure. She covered her face with her hand. One would think she was crying if not for her embarrassed grin.

The fit of chuckling stopped after a moment. It was humiliating, but put her in a better mood, as she didn't take herself as seriously.

Her eyes darted up, and she removed her hand, her heels clicking as she shifted slightly, and her right hand shaking for seemingly no reason. She realized she was scared. She was scared of some guy her own age.

She raised her hand like a nervous kid in the class, her smile not gone, but less amused and more nervous. I can't think. What. Am I doing. She finally looked at him, and she froze, her eyes frozen in indescribable emotion, something like confusion, anxiety, and discomfort.

?Stats?

Tags: @Iskolde

Mentioned: Prince

Mood: Nervous/Excited

Other: Sorry if I don't grasp the setting very well :P

ezimba15491729941200.jpg

She stood off to the side of the room, keeping an eye on Meridian. She was fairly comfortable, but absorbed the nerve of those around her. She made sure the girl she was paying attention, and not freaking out.

She didn't want to be any of them at the moment.

She heard someone at the door, and calmly looked over. She wanted to shout out some kind of greeting, but, you know. It was too quiet.

Vivienne just tried to get his attention, hoping she could stare at him so hard he could feel it. Unsure if she got his attention, she grinned, bring her lip and winking at him in a way that either looked like flirting or a supportive "go get 'em". It was, of course, the latter.

She heard a small noise from the girls, but was unable to see whoever it was. Above everyone she saw a hand rise up, the nails a dark turquoise, obviously freshly painted .Her eyes fell back to the dude of all the hype, and she suddenly felt out of place, making her lean back onto the wall and stare blankly at the ceiling, still listening to what was happening around her.

She was hungry. So hungry.

?Stats?

Tags: @Iskolde @Opalescence

Mentioned: Prince, Meridian

Mood: Supportive, Amused

Other:

*~•Katilina Hart•~*

____

Katilina was so damn nervous. She wore no smile on her lips but her eyes were sparkling with curiousity. A female was going to be sent home. She almost wanted it to be herself but she wanted to at least get to know the prince slightly. Maybe she shouldnt even be here.. She had no interest in finding love but maybe just maybe she was curious now.. The female wanted so badly to run off and be alone. Her mind was racing and her heart beating quick. The prince hadnt even stepped into the room yet she was freaked out. Of course she takes pressure much better than this but anticipation always killed her.

In the middle of her panick session she heard a door open. Her heart seemed to skip a beat as she shyly looked in the direction of the door. There she saw the prince and his dazzling smile. How could one male be so good looking. Katilina really wanted to bolt. Though that wouldnt be wise. The female quickly looked away folding her hands in front of her and unconsciously bitting her lower lip.

Oh dont look at me.. I hate introductions and first impressions are everything.. Am I already giving a bad one?.. Oh darn it..

(Sorry for lack of bbcode im on my phone.)

tblCGEg.png

?
Where?: Dining area | Time?: Morn |

Status?: Relieved, curious | With?: Just about everyone
?

;;Winnie could hear her heart pounding in her ears--yes, ears. As the door slowly opened, she waited for some hunk to come flying through the room and make all the girls drunk on his charming words. He did neither. Instead, a nervous Prince strode into the room. In her mind, he looked like a pretty-pretty jock. What the actual heck did she walk into, the Bachelorette?

;;And then, he spoke. Did he actually just try to flirt with everyone at the same time? How daring. A smile crossed her features. How would his first introduction go? She'd definitely not be the first one to converse with him. Not until he was comfortable with the other girls. Glancing towards Todrick, she offered him a simple quirk of the corners of her lips. Her eyes were doing all the smiling.

PTyPwEG.png

a72176f4153f41bb5edb02ffd1bcb40a.jpg

The young maid glanced up, curious at her lady's question. She blinked her golden-green eyes and was slow to respond. "My name is Kelsey, ma'am. It will be a pleasure to serve you in any way I can." As the girl drifted about the room, bright eyes taking in the plush surroundings, Kelsey recalled her own first experience with the palace. It had been very similar to Clarissa's, all wide eyes and breathless wonder. Of course, she had then quickly learned the amount of work that went into maintaining the luxurious appearance and the excitement and glamor had quickly died. Still, Kelsey still had a rapt appreciation for the beauty and splendor of the palace, particularly the well-manicured gardens which Clarissa's rooms overlooked. A small, fond smile turned her lips at her charge's rapt attention with the gorgeous details of the room. How strange that the two were so close in age and yet there was an almost familial fondness blooming inside the young maid. It was almost like looking after a young child in a new environment. Clary fell backwards onto the bed and Kelsey smiled, bowing her head briefly. "I'll leave you to rest, ma'am. I'll fetch you should you be needed anything between now and dinner." Indicating a small pager button beside the bed, she said, "Should you need anything between now and then, don't hesitate to call me, Miss."

xQNXXBW.png

The rest of the evening and the introduction with the queen had passed without too much event. Following the queen's announcement and the first meal in the palace, Kelsey had escorted Clary back to her room, combing out the stiff curls from her blonde hair and laying out some sleepwear and turning down the bed. She once again indicated the button should Clary need anything at all during the night before returning to her own rooms, deep in the castle with the other maids. There was a general thrum of excitement surrounding the arrival of the young women and the Selection being discussed in hushed whispers throughout the rooms, but Kelsey had no interest in engaging in gossip tonight. It was the girls' first night in the palace and certainly an overwhelming experience. There had been scarcely any time for first impressions and Kelsey would not fabricate some to appease the other workers' desire for news and gossip. So far, she liked Clarissa. The girl was polite, if a little bit awkward in her own skin, and certainly beautiful and with a sweet enough disposition. She had no call to disparage her charge or any of the other girls.

Come morning, Kelsey helped Clarissa get ready for breakfast. Going off her previous day's requests, she kept the makeup minimal and light, using trace amounts of bronzer to warm up her fair skin and sculpt gentle cheekbones onto her face and just a touch of shimmer on the eyelids to make her look more awake and alert, finished with a few swipes of mascara to her dark lashes. The same treatment was given to her hair, curled just slightly at the ends after a thorough brushing. Dressing her had been a bit more difficult. Kelsey really had no way of judging yet what exactly Clarissa's preferences were when it came to dresses, and the opulent ball gowns from the meeting with the queen had not been a very good basis for her to go off of. The majority of her wardrobe during her stay here would be kept relatively simple, with fancy gowns reserved for more special occasions. She had put a small selection in the armoire the night before and allowed Clarissa to choose this morning, seeing what she did and didn't like. That would certainly be helpful in altering and creating other dresses for her in the future.

Finally, with an escort from a guard, the pair had made their way to meet the rest of the Selected and Susan, the witch of a woman who was going to instruct these young "uncivilized" girls in how to be proper ladies. Kelsey had snorted at the insinuation of that. As far as she could tell, none of the girls here were raging wild animals or slovenly pigs or incorrigible and overindulged brats. But, it was a part of the process; one of the young women in this room would be the queen of Illea and they would be expected to act on a much higher scale than perhaps most of them were used to. As the girls all sat down for their lesson and their breakfast, Kelsey made herself scarce, folding her hands and folding herself demurely against one of the far walls. Her eyes skimmed the room, attentive should anyone need her, but she didn't want to intrude on any of the proceedings here today. She was a maid; her job was only to make sure her lady was well fed, watered, clothed, got to where she needed to be, and do her best to help her earn the affections of the prince. It was certainly a task and she had little time for anything else. Glancing to her side, Kelsey took note of the other staff present in the room. Beside her stood Vivienne, looking slightly put out and a bit out of place. She offered a small smile in condolence.
"So, how have you fared thus far?" She asked quietly.
@ScarlettRose16 @Redamancy

GtH74nE.png

f441cb064ce826ad630ad293dc43306a.jpg

As Vivienne spoke, Meridian's expression fell just slightly. In all the Chaos of being Selected and being whisked away to the palace and fixed up to be the shining, glamorous, shellacked version of herself that was to be presented to the royalty, she had almost forgotten what the Selection was really about. She had been so caught up in the excitement of being in this new place with new opportunities and things to discover, she had forgotten that she was here to compete for the hand of the prince. She was supposed to trying to win the hand of the Crown Prince of Illea, against multiple other girls who were, as far she could tell from her limited interaction with them, all lovely and polite and spectacularly beautiful young women. How terrible it must be, she thought, to have to rely on a competition to find love. Meri felt a sudden wave of pity for the prince. What must it be like to not be able to leave the palace and meet people organically in the streets? How must it feel to have every interaction with anyone of the opposite sex scrutinized by every newspaper and magazine and tabloid and reporter in Illea? And what if none of them were what the prince wanted? Would he even have the choice of finding someone else on his own terms? Or would he be made to marry a foreign diplomat or someone else important? Or would he be forced to choose one of them? It was all quite distressing, this seemingly antiquated tradition. But, nevertheless, here she was, within the walls of the palace for that very purpose.

Shaking herself out of her glum musings, she was about to assure Vivienne the shoes would be fine and not to worry about her, when there was the meaty sound of thin armor meeting solid flesh. Meridian blinked, quickly looking up. A guard had accidentally crashed into Vivienne, though they both managed to stay upright on their feet. The guard looked positively terrified at meeting her maid which Meri thought was very confusing. Vivienne had been very attentive and thoughtful thus far and she couldn't image her being so outrageously mean to incite such feelings of fear, despite her slightly more rugged appearance. She gave a small smile and nod at the introduction, attempting a curtsy. Isn't that what you were supposed to do in palaces? Curtsy? Regardless, the group disbanded, the guard off on his mission, and Vivienne resuming her task of taking her through the palace. She didn't manage to get too far, though, before they were called together by the queen, given dinner, and then dismissed to their rooms for the night. She was sad she hadn't gotten to explore more; with any luck, the prince would keep her here long enough so she could get a chance to really
see the palace before dismissing her. For the time being, though, she obliged with the queen's orders, eating quietly with the other girls, and disappearing to her room, where she slipped the pins holding back hair from the front of her face from her hair and yanking a brush through the earthy brown strands. She dismissed any offers of help to get herself ready for bed; she had been doing just fine these past seventeen years on getting herself ready and she could certainly do it for a little longer. Accepting the sleepwear laid out for her, Meri waited until Vivienne had left for the evening before wriggling out of the nightgown. Clothes were dreadfully uncomfortable, and nightgowns were no exception.

It had been an eventful first day at the palace to be sure, she thought, as she slipped away into sleep.

xQNXXBW.png

Meri listened attentively to Susan's instructions, looking dubiously at the mock table presentation before her, attempting to understand all of the table manners that were expected of her while she was in the palace. Her parents
had raised her with a modicum of manners; but everything in the palace seemed to be manners times one-thousand degrees. It was a lot. But, if Meridian was going to be in this position, she was going to attempt to learn all she could.

She fought the urge to run her fingers subconsciously through her hair or to twirl her nose ring like she was wont to do when she was concentrating deeply and lost in thought. She hadn't made Vivienne do much to her in terms of hair and makeup this morning. After bathing, Meri's hair had settled into light, natural breezy-looking beachy waves, the very ends curling under. Some highlight had been applied to her cheekbones and her eyebrows filled in where they were sparse and her lashes coated in a healthy dose of mascara. It felt remarkably light and easy and had certainly made Meri feel more at ease, especially when she was asked to dress in a simple day dress for breakfast (a welcome relief from the beautiful gold ball gown she had gotten to wear the night before). She had again elected for the smallest heels possible though they once again seemed to clash terribly with her dress (Susan had shot her a scathing look at that, but Meri hadn't minded).

Meridian had snapped to attention as Susan fell silent and the doors of the Great Room opened again. In strode the prince, the face that she was familiar with through virtue of magazines and the Reports. He looked calm enough, though she could sense the thinly veiled nerves and anxiety that seemed to be plaguing him and the wave of pity she had felt the other night for the young royal once again swept over her. She offered a quick comforting grin, though she was sure he wasn't truly paying attention to any of them at the current moment. Meri flushed and shifted awkwardly at his mass compliment, still unused to such compliments or praise. Against her will, her hand slowly raised to absentmindedly twirl her nose ring she had surreptitiously kept after the makeover, diverting her attention for the moment from the prince and back to the girls seated around the table with her. They all looked positively stricken with his arrival, nerves closing their throats and watching him with wide eyes. Did she look like that, too, she wondered?

No one jumped up immediately at the prince's request for them to come see him and Meri once again swung her multi-colored gaze around the table. Nervousness and anxiety seemed to be reigning at the table. One girl had nervously raised her hand, perhaps volunteering to go first? Well, if no one else went soon, Meri would march right over. She had no qualms about being the first to introduce herself. She wasn't exactly shy.
@Redamancy @Iskolde

<Michael Gray>

Michael was speedily making his way down the corridor. He was late to see his selected, and he had to go to the main hall. "Okay, It'll be great." He muttered to himself. Truth be told, Michael was nervous. He had the privilege to care for one of the selected and possibly become closer to the prince. He made a sharp turn, skidding a bit, he almost hit the wall to his left.

Michael quickly scanned the hall, looking for someone that matched the description given to him. He didn't see anything, and he decided he needed a closer look. He began walking towards the girls, then he noticed Todrick and changed direction. "Hey Todrick, find your selected yet?" He asked, attempting to make small talk with his fellow guard. Michael, honestly, was just stalling. He had never actually had a full-fledged conversation with Todrick.

Things.

Tags: @Radiohead

Mentioned: Todrick, Prince Alex, Beatrice Rai

Mood: Nervous

Other: I was figuring out the BBCode this entire time...

hesster-moffett-trial.regular.png

Taylor_Swift_concert-tours-2011.jpg

~I'm just going to skip to the morning if that's alright, @Redamancy perhaps we pretend she found Ellie and they talked some just casually?~

All I'm saying, that gold dress is MINE.​

4195d3a260d251a9b6ee5097b921d855.jpg

So maybe she was able to sneak in a pair of sneakers and wear them

As the doors opened and the prince walked in, Ellie couldn't help but be a bit skeptical. He seemed rather uptight, but that might've just been cause to how nervous this whole situation must be making everyone, including him. She'd give him a chance to prove himself, but she had high doubts he'd be any different than any other two or one. Tugging at the end of her white tea dress, she couldn't help but feel a bit underdressed compared to some of the girls here. Admittedly she could've chosen something a bit fancier, in fact she'd had that choice, but she was interested to see how the prince reacted to something she would actually wear on a normal day out and about. No matter how famous she was, she was always one to choose a good pair of sneakers over high heels. Choosing to let the other girls approach the prince first, figuring everyone else would be crowded around him like moths to a light, she turned to the guard that had been assigned to her the previous night and smiled, hoping to start some light conversation. The girl had seemed rather quiet the past night, causing a rather awkward silence before they were all told to return to their rooms, but Ellie assumed it was just part of the girl's personality.

"
You're name is Natalia, right?" she asked, feeling a bit bad about it. She'd never been able to remember a stranger's name upon first meeting them, she'd always had to ask again before she got it.

Once the girl answered that she was correct, Ellie smiled wide,"
you know when you first approached me I thought you might've been another selected."

Mentioned:
@Redamancy @Iskolde (briefly)

symca.personaluse.png

Lily-James:-New-York-Post-Photoshoot-2015--07-662x995.jpg

What do the maid uniforms look like?​

Standing in a secluded corner, Mandy watched the selected mill about and smiled, glad that no fights or anything had broken out. She didn't know how she would react to that; though she could imagine how her friend Vivienne would react. Viv was always the type to immediately seperate those fighting... or join in on the action more than not. Alex had walked in just moments ago and Mandy couldn't help but smile a bit; he seemed so nervous. True, this competition of sorts was determining his and one of these girl's futures, but being that tense couldn't be good. Looking around the room she couldn't help but laugh, or at least hold back a laugh, at how all of the girls were looking at either each other or the prince. One of them interested her however, as she was chatting with her assigned guard, Natalia, instead of flocking towards the prince. A bold move on her part, but perhaps it was good... somehow.

Mentioned:
@Iskolde @Redamancy

What if, since Mandy's been at the palace her whole life, if she and the prince had a kind of friendship behind-the-scenes style? Just an idea, but what do you think love?

I guess this is kind of a question for you as well @ScarlettRose16 since this is your roleplay, what do you think?

Prince Alex

Alex glanced around at the girls. No one seemed to really move, what he did notice was Vivienne sending him a smile and a sly wink. He shook his head, but smiled back none the less. Alex liked Vivienne, she was quite honestly the coolest maid they probably had.

Alex caught a hand raised high in the air out of the corner of his eye. Glancing over to see who it belonged to, blue eyes landed on a head of dark hair. Pushing himself from the comfort of the couch, Alex made his way over to her. When he was directly in front of her chair, he bowed and offered his slightly shaky hand to her.

"Come, my lady, we shall go to the next room to get to know each other." He offered her the best smile he could muster. Her eyes were pretty, he almost had to look away for fear he would look odd.

Interacting with: Bee
@Redamancy

@Smoaki I don't mind, I think that's a great idea. :)
Also, I apologize for the lateness, two-a-days take up most of my time.

symca.personaluse.png

Lily-James:-New-York-Post-Photoshoot-2015--07-662x995.jpg

She watched as Alex led one of the girls, her name was Beatrice Mandy had heard, towards the door and the hall beyond. Raising an eyebrow teasingly at him, she was grateful for their long-time friendship. Maybe they'd kept it a secret from everyone but Alex's parents and Mandy's mother, but she felt that she might be one of the only people outside of the prince's family to see him as anything but. He was the goofy kid with dark hair and freckles that she had grown up with, and she was hopeful to see the prince find a girl out of the selected whom he wished to marry. Down deep she felt a twinge of jealously towards the girls, but she was glad to have her job, and she would always be Alex's friend and him hers for as long as she worked at the palace.

Mentioned:
@Iskolde

~Just a bit of a filler before I head off to bed. I may post once more for Ellie if needed tonight, but otherwise goodnight all!~

ezimba15491751897400.jpg

Natalia froze, the corners of her lips twitching into something like a hushed smile, just barely more amused than a stoic expression. It melted into a grin as she said calmly, "I thought the same thing about you." She looked up, suddenly alert. Alas, it was obvious that people had seen them talking. And didn't care.

With newly bestowed confidence, she moved a few strands of hair out of her face, her eye falling on the scene nearby. She couldn't tell what was happening, so she looked back on the girl.

Her words were carefully chosen, carrying multiple meanings. "I'm not the one to say things like that to." Her eyes were lively, and not at all unkind. Perhaps the opposite.

Changing the subject, she quickly asked, "Have you met anyone here you could consider a friend? Another Selected girl?" Her voice wasn't raspy, as if she were whispering. Instead, it was softer, simply quiet. Now her voice fell, almost inaudible. "I suggest you do so, even if its someone you don't like. It may be harder w- if one of you drop out, but you'll have someone by your side until then." She stopped entirely for a moment. "Just be careful, and don't take this too seriously." She said all this on impulse, without realizing she would end up give advice to someone she didn't know. After thinking about she said, she turned away from her, leaning against the wall, the same stoic expression returning, as if by default.

?Stats?

Tags: @Smoaki

Mentioned: Elizabeth

Mood: Amused/Supportive

Other: Natalia likes Elizabeth(a little). I know her sexuality, btw. No worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back