• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Search Begins [Open] [Ignore post count]

Opaque Artifex

Divine Metaphysician
A little introduction:

I go by Opaque Artifex, although I do not mind if you use any variation of it (the more creative the better) and I enjoy a wide range of genres so I can work with pretty much anything if it takes my interest. Having had quite a few years of experience across various platforms, I generally know how to handle most types of roleplay and while I do prefer original content I may yield to a fandom if it is something we have in common.

When it comes to world building, character development and plot structure I enjoy a good deal of depth and imagination to fuel immersion. In fact I absolutely love to put a unique spin on classic tropes and to turn genres upside down entirely.That being said I believe that there are no small parts to play and that even the most dull sounding idea can simply be the tip of the ice berg. While I am not overly fond of having a predetermined plot, I will concede that in some cases a basic structure may be necessary for the sake of direction.

So if you are creative, experienced and fun to roleplay with then by all means take a brief glance at the 'minor points' section and if you have any ideas or questions then drop me a PM or post something below and I will respond as soon as I can.

A few minor points:

-I prefer detailed, high quality posts (quantity is mostly irrelevant).

-I do not plan on limiting the number of partners I have.

-18+ and preparedness to face dark themes may be required.

-As long as you keep a reasonable degree of contact then irregular posting is not an issue.

-If life gets in the way of things or if you feel the need to put things on pause, by all means do but please let me know before hand.

-I am currently primarily looking for OC ideas.

-I can play multiple characters or the 'GM' role if necessary.

-I have no preference for the type of characters that you or I use.

-Be prepared to acknowledge the possibility of character death or 'failure state'.

-I enjoy world and character creation just as much as roleplaying in some cases.

-Some of these may be open to negotiation in exceptional circumstances.

-Please send me a private message if you find yourself interested.

With that out of the way:

Below I will place a few plot hooks but ultimately this is more a search for decent roleplayers than anything else, if you want to change any details about them or have any other plot or characters in mind them by all means let me know.

Plots:

-Through a series of strange events, two unsuspecting characters find themselves wound up in an intrigue beyond their control.

-An eccentric 'creator' and their plucky assistant play out their entertaining antics until something unforeseen comes between them.

-A pair of mismatched strangers wind up indentured into the service of a mysterious individual who has them undertake an epic quest/journey/errand/etc.

-Two flawed characters find themselves trapped and must work together to escape as well as overcome their own issues.

-An unfortunate occurrence leads to one character having to play the role of guardian for another as they face the perils of journeying/questing/survival.

-A couple of strangers find themselves travelling together in a semi-confined vessel (basically any mode of transport) for an extended period of time.

-A life changing or pivotal event leaves two characters stranded or cut off from the rest of the world.

-A character makes a strange discovery and drags another unwilling character further down the rabbit hole than either could have anticipated.

-Two unlikely characters find themselves at odds with or in control of some significant power and have to contend with how it changes them.

-Bitter rivals overcome or worsen their rivalry in the face of a common enemy/danger/threat/struggle (with the potential for romance).

-Our characters live in a constant struggle for survival and one day come across some life changing thing that could turn everything around.

-Two characters find themselves lost in a vast and strange land, together they must find a way back home.

-Two characters are trapped with only memories or no knowledge at all of the outside world to motivate them to escape (if it is even possible to do so).

Last edited:
I'm interested in a few of your plots and would love to become partners if you feel it's a good fit.  :smile4:

Haaii!! Interested in....just about all of your plot ideas haha. I haven't seen too many of these ideas on here, quite original. Pm me if you like. 

Oooooh. I must say a lot of these ideas are appealing to me. I would definitely be interested in role playing with you. Please feel free to pm me when tou have the chance and we can discuss it more?

Several of your plot ideas are ones I'd love to explore, particularly the 1st, 8th, 9th, and 11th on the list. Feel free to PM me if you happen to want to explore one with me.

I would like to rp as my oc trapped with your character in a vault until the bombs stop and the war has ended

All of your plots seem very interesting and I would love to rp with you! (I would like to add that I am new though and need to find my way around this site lol)

Hey there! I'd be interested in doing an RP with you, feel free to pm me if you would like to start something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back