• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Scramble [Nation Building RP Casual/Detailed]

General Deth Glitch

Two Thousand Club
q1raw8h.png

1b0fbd6446eaf275f5efe9a93760a5f4.png

The Scramble

In the lands of Vitlastia the race is on. Vitlastia is the western continent and until a few years ago was unaware of any of the other continents existence. As its power and technology expanded into what will one day be called the age of steam, their explorers have been able to explore further into the Great Sea, eventually finding Usstitia, the upper part of the eastern continent and later Lastitia, the lower landmass. Now Vitlastia is becoming a land of decadence, with noble families using enough coal to power entire nations just to test all the new contraptions and vehicles of the era, with military commanders using yet more in the search of the next major weapon that will lead them to victory against their foes. All this use is draining Vitlastia of coal and causing its worth to be on par with resources such as gold. Now there may be new hope for the lords and their decadent lifestyles, in Usstitia the locals were witnessed throwing coal on fires for nothing more then heat! Just waste of such a valuable resource warranted further investigating on the continent and it was soon discovered that Usstitia is indeed filled with an abundance of coal. Now everyone wants a slice of the coal and so armies are marching, fleets are assembling and Vitlastia is preparing to expand into the lands of these heathen scum and so begins The Scramble.

In short?

Effectively we are all going to start on Vitlastia (unless you show me a magniflorious app and wish to play as some sort of tribal/nomadic nation) as the leaders of nations. You will control your nation through key characters in both the old and new worlds and will use those characters to attempt to shape the world. Im not sure how much to leave to you though, as for balance I feel I will need to be able to effect the outcome of events, please post ideas below.

I'm interested, I'd need a decent idea what resources/decisions we'd get before I could commit to it though

I'm still trying to work out all the details, I am new to this type of RP. Atleast as a GM.

I mean if you have any ideas resource wise please do give me a holler. But decision wise I am thinking of going along the lines of another one I saw, where you effectively write your plan/s and how you aim to achieve them and then looking at them I decide how well they succeed and how much you gain or lose from it. Possibly with the help of RNG.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]I'm still trying to work out all the details, I am new to this type of RP. Atleast as a GM.
I mean if you have any ideas resource wise please do give me a holler. But decision wise I am thinking of going along the lines of another one I saw, where you effectively write your plan/s and how you aim to achieve them and then looking at them I decide how well they succeed and how much you gain or lose from it. Possibly with the help of RNG.

[/QUOTE]
I'd suggest getting a world map - allocating land and resources randomly (with a minimum/maximum amount so no-one starts rediculously op) and using an RNG generator to allocate any other resources. I would also like to see something like you getting a set of characters from your family who you control the actions of - probably 3/4 so it doesn't get too hectic.

hitman654 said:
I'd suggest getting a world map - allocating land and resources randomly (with a minimum/maximum amount so no-one starts rediculously op) and using an RNG generator to allocate any other resources. I would also like to see something like you getting a set of characters from your family who you control the actions of - probably 3/4 so it doesn't get too hectic.
Agreed, I will see about editing the map once I get some time, and looking at what resources that rant map based we might need too

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Agreed, I will see about editing the map once I get some time, and looking at what resources that rant map based we might need too

[/QUOTE]
Gold (to hire/pay soldiers), Iron (for swords/armor), wood (for bows/arrows and such) and food (to feed your soldiers and your people)

I'd suggest we confine resources to those, in real life of course you'd have a bunch of other stuff to worry about (glass, paper, water, etc) but trying to work with all of those and then do diplomacy would be pretty difficult.

As for characters I suggest you give up a set of classes to put our people in to - this would be what path in life they've taken - with one of them having to be the heir to the family and so "heir" being their class - these would be my suggestions for classes:

General - attachable to an army to make them far more effective - would also be very good at fighting in battles

Baron - attachable to a part of the land to increase it's production

Advisor - attachable to any other class to make them far more effective

Administrator - attachable to your capital to give an extra (something)% to all resources

Diplomat - Far better at getting what they want from diplomacy with other nations - I.E. if a diplomat and a general go into a negotiation, the diplomat will get what he wants

Assassin - Can be sent to kill an enemy special character - these would typically be royal bastards or such

Heir - Can do all of these (excluding assassin) however if you use him too much he can get killed by an enemies assassin or in battle and that results in your entire house losing the game

Oh, and coal - for obvious reasons

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]You should be running this thing, your far better then me at this shiz. But I shall be doing my best.

[/QUOTE]
haha thanks but I have literally 0 experience as a GM of any kind so I'd probably end up pissing someone off, anyway you'll be fine once we've actually started

Users who are viewing this thread

Back