• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Runaway (IC)

"The headache you didn't mention before, how long has it been happening?" Lawrance asked him and dug through the center countless for sunglasses.

“The last few minutes. Just developed a little while ago. Why, do you think I’m getting worse?” he shivered, curling the blankets tighter around himself. Elliot couldn’t see that well at the moment. The stuffed lamb was blurry, held in his shaking hand.

"Your shaking...I'm sorry baby, I need to take you to the hospital,-" he found a bandana "-here close your eyes and I'm gona cover them until we get there." Then he gently ties the bandana over the boys eyes befoer stating the car and making a call woth his other hand. "I'm gona be late, my boys sick and he's getting worse, ill be there in time to open...realy sir? Ok, thank you" then he called the hospital

“I’m scared.” he whimpered. He couldn’t see, couldn’t possibly know what was going to happen, other than where he was going. “I’m sorry for causing so much trouble, mister Lawrence. I’m so sorry...”

"Just rest, your not inturuble and I'm not dumping you anywhere, were gina go the the hospital and I'm gona be with you the whole time I promise. I just called my boss and he said he'll make Chef cover the bar since I'v coverd him enough times and to just focus on you. Your gina be ok, you....yes hello, this is Lawrance I'm bringing my boy Eliot in, he had upset stomach this morning, and a fever thants rising and he, yes he threw up, and he's acky and has a headache... I'll ask, Eliot do you have any other symptoms?"

“Throat hurts.” he mumbled, burying himself back under the blankets. “That’s it...I think.” Elliot sat up a bit, propping himself up. “I-I’ll be okay...just turn around...want to go back home...”

"His throat hurts" Lawrance said then "ok, I'm on Elmore, ok" then he hangs up. "I know sweet boy but your realy sick and need medication, I'll be right next to you the whole time. I promise" he tells him then "When we get there its gona be lowed because they want to check on you right away but there gona put you right into a room all to yourself. And me and wolfwarw will be right there, can you be brave for just 10 more minutes?" He is pulling up to the hospital then

“10 minutes.” Elliot picked out a softer blanket and kept a tight hold on his stuffed lamb. “I can be brave for 10 minutes. And then you and Wolfwere can see me, right?” he slid out of all the other blankets, only keeping the soft one wrapped around himself.

"I'll be right next to or atlest in the same room the whole time, I promise" Lawrance said as he parked then he cut the engine and hoped out running around and grabing Eliot and ran into the hospital where he was met by a team who told him to put Eliot on the gurney and emedietly took over. They put an IV in his arm and got a drop going befoer taking off again and geting him into a room then they took several swabs and some blood befoer finaly leaving him. Once alone Wolfwere hoped up into his lap and Lawrence sat next to him a few minutes later and said " 10 minuts all over, you can rest again. It's dark in here now, you can take off the bandana. I'm right here and so is wolfwere." As he put his arm around the boy and kissed his head.

Elliot took off the bandana, looking around. “Hey...” he smiled, looking up at Lawrence. “Told you...I could make it 10 minutes.” he pet Wolfwere, smiling a bit wider. “Thanks for turning the lights off.”

"No problem, I figured it wound help the headache, how are you feeling? There riding some labs now so we should fond out soon what you have and can treat it" Lawrance told him and gave his leg a reassuring squeeze.

“Feeling better.” Elliot felt calmer, reassured. They would know soon what was wrong, and hopefully they could fix it. He remembered being sick like that before, when he couldn’t move and the faintest noise hurt. “I’ll be okay, right?”

"Well, truth is I don't know, it depends on how you define OK, but nomater what you'll have me and Wolfwere and the best treatment possible and nomater what well make it through and just face the blows as they come, together alright?" Lawrance said and tucked the blankets around him.

“Okay. Good enough for me.” he smiled, eyes closing. “I’m tired.” he yawned, head on Lawrence’s shoulder. “You’ll wake me up when the results get back, right?”

"Shure, I promise" Lawrance said and leaned back while reclining the bed so Eliot cound sleep laying down. He didn't get a long nap tho because half an houer later a nurse came back and said he had the flue, a new strain of it so it was particularly bad.

Elliot felt tears come to his eyes. Was he going to die? That would be so much trouble for Lawrence, dealing with a dead child. Maybe he could escape...so Lawrence wouldn’t have to deal with him if he died. “Am I going to die?”

"Not on our watch kid" the nurse says then "Just rest, I'm gina get some medicine in you and a mother drip going, would you like to try eating or drinking something?"

“Uh, sure. I’ll try drinking something.” Elliot looked around. “Where...where’s my lamb?” he asked, grabbing Lawrence’s arm. “I had it earlier, where did it go?”

Wolfwere handed it to Eliot then licked the boys cheek, it had fallen from the boys arms and Wolfwere grabed it. Lawrance scraped the dogs head and kised Eliot's then the nurse handed him a cup of water

“Thank you, Wolfwere. And thank you too.” he nodded to the nurse, taking the cup of water. He took a few small sips, waiting to see what would happen. “Okay, water is good.”

"Thats good well try Juce later" she said then left them alone. Lawrance stayed holding the boy and said "You can go back to sleep or we can find somthing to do of you want"

“I’d like to find something to do. Not tired just yet.” Elliot sat up a bit. “Are there any puzzles, any board games?” he couldn’t see much of the room, it was still mostly dark.

“Yes, of course.” Elliot smiled. “I’m never alone.” he held up the stuffed lamb for good measure. “And it’s a hospital. If anything happens, assistance is a call away.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back