Viewpoint The Roleplay Oscar Nominations!

Crayons

Iconoclast
OK guys, gals and non binary pals, you have been personally invited to be a one of a select panel of roleplayers to nominate roleplay related things for the totally imaginary Roleplay Oscars! 🏆

The idea here is that each week/fortnight/month/period yet to be decided you will be asked to nominate a roleplay you have been in in that week's category. You can either nominate something that you created yourself, or something that one of your roleplay partners or GM has been responsible for. Bear in mind that the RP Oscars are completely imaginary, it's not actually a competition and no-one wins anything. Just a chance to talk about good roleplay experiences that you have had and enjoyed.

This week, the RP Oscars Board is accepting nominations for Best Original Roleplay Setting. 🏆

Post below telling us about the best setting for an original roleplay you have made or been in, and why you want to nominate it.

No takers? Let's try something easier: Nominate the Best Antagonist in a roleplay you have been in. Everyone loves to hate a good villain.

Tell us some more details if you can about why the antagonist was being antagonising, their best "baddie" moment, or why you hated/loved them so much!

Fuck, I don't know...any of the really bad apples from the GoT RPs I've been in. Most of them are only really antagonists because they were opposed to my character, but otherwise had very believable motives and personalities.

I'll go with...Torrhen Karstark, from The Exalted Council. Liberator of the North, and the Wolf Slayer. I loved him for being a complete piece of shot despite having believable motives, and I just can't hate him. He was brilliantly written and was incredibly memorable.

Last edited:
Oooo
Is it too late to participate, and are private RPs okay?

Nominate the Best Antagonist in a roleplay you have been in. Everyone loves to hate a good villain.
One of my favorite antagonists was named Sabal Dryallis, a dark elf in a Pathfinder game that I was part of. Sabal was one of those bad guys that always seemed to be one step ahead of our party and was always stealing whatever McGuffin we needed at the last minute. Even when I'd fight him face-to-face he managed to outwit me and get away, he was very frustrating lolol. Sabal fought with dual Chakrams which I thought was a neat idea instead of your typical sword wielder or blasty magic-user. I'm not doing a good job of explaining it but he was actually pretty awesome xD

Mine would have to be Miinar. He was a dark elf warrior with a twin sister. Their parents summoned a demon to give the twins powers in order for them to gain greater social status. Miinar gained increased strength and constitution, eventually down the line culminating in access to demonic wings, and his sister gained greater speed and stealth. Cultists that wanted their powers eventually captured his sister and he joined a mercenary guild in order to track her down. All the while learning to be a much better fighter, tap more into his abilities and eventually after managing to rescue his sister from a powerful demon and its cult, fell in love with a moon elf.

I have a picture somewhere that one of the owners of the forum drew for my character.

Suppose I'll go for best setting if that's still open 😈 if not, no worries. I have an idea for best villain, too? I'm just not convinced it'd do as well.

"Ava" is a RP set in... anywhere.
Lucia, Stan, and Nate are three humans who originated from modern-day Earth, but when one of them made the dire mistake of unknowingly stealing an alien's weapon in order to commit a rage-fueled murder (With the other two as witnesses), needless to say, nothing stayed the same. The three's memories getting wiped in the process, one thing led to another and they all wound up aboard a cramped, spacecraft-like ship captained by its last remaining crew member: an alien named Reavis. And she's pissed that her weapon got stolen.

This is no ordinary spaceship, however. The "Multi-Universal and Interdimensional Transportation Prototype '4v4'" - which Reavis has nicknamed "Ava" - is a ship that doesn't travel through space, but rather between universes. Hopping through the multiverse, what's on the other side of her interdimensional doors is anyone's guess. Twisted dystopias, heavenly utopias, dangerous wildernesses, bustling steampunk cities, hunger-games-like arenas, supernatural demons... even an alternate version of the Earth our characters yearn to return to.

Pushing them onward is a mysterious and dangerous force only ever referred to as "the lights". Ava is constantly being chased down by white, glowing wisps that cause all those who come into contact with them a long, gruesome, and inevitable death. The lights always seem to track down those who have come aboard Ava, no matter how far they run or how well they hide. No one knows how, why, or how to stop them.

Rest assured, Reavis doesn't want these humans aboard her ship any more than they want to be there... but with the knowledge that settling down and making a home simply isn't an option, it is now her sworn duty to protect this new crew at any cost. To keep running as long and far as they can. To brave the hostile conditions of the universes they come across. To survive long enough to find a way home.

Over the course of the RP, the humans have slowly regained their memories, dealt with their traumatic pasts on Earth, and learned to work with each other despite their differences and past crimes. They've seen unthinkable horrors, suffered irreparable losses, and found hope in impossible places.

In a RP that takes place anywhere imaginable... everything is possible.

Commi - Tuka .png

I guess I will go ahead and enter my OC as suggested by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford .
Tuka Silverthistle is my half-elf Pathfinder character that has been on many adventures. She was a member of The Golden Dawn, a group of adventurers tasked with keeping the peace in the land of Arcadia. Eventually, Tuka and her group had to stop a mad Wizard from using elemental stones (which were actually ancient techno-gizmos) to destroy the continent. Tuka eventually learned that her own mother was the one holding the mad wizard's leash. Despite the mountains of trouble, Tuka was able to unite many factions from the various goodly races and rallied against her mother's growing army barely putting a stop to her evil plan. Tuka has befriended dragons, sailed with pirates, fought the undead, freed the elves from a psychotic overlord, she even met with a Djinn and used her only wish to restore a woman's body that had been completely disfigured by an NPC whom I still loath to this day. Tuka is a good, selfless, motivated, and stubborn individual that refuses to quit when taking action is needed. It was so much fun going through those stories and seeing what she'd do. xD xD

I guess I will go ahead and enter my OC as suggested by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford .
Tuka Silverthistle is my half-elf Pathfinder character that has been on many adventures. She was a member of The Golden Dawn, a group of adventurers tasked with keeping the peace in the land of Arcadia. Eventually, Tuka and her group had to stop a mad Wizard from using elemental stones (which were actually ancient techno-gizmos) to destroy the continent. Tuka eventually learned that her own mother was the one holding the mad wizard's leash. Despite the mountains of trouble, Tuka was able to unite many factions from the various goodly races and rallied against her mother's growing army barely putting a stop to her evil plan. Tuka has befriended dragons, sailed with pirates, fought the undead, freed the elves from a psychotic overlord, she even met with a Djinn and used her only wish to restore a woman's body that had been completely disfigured by an NPC whom I still loath to this day. Tuka is a good, selfless, motivated, and stubborn individual that refuses to quit when taking action is needed. It was so much fun going through those stories and seeing what she'd do. xD xD

Wow that art! Who drew it? It's very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back