• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
Cold. Like usual.Then again, it wasn't like Nor had been expecting anything else when he woke up that morning. It was always cold in Geneva. He couldn't remember the last time that he had woken up to anything other than a roaring fire that had been kept going throughout the night by a castle worker so that the crowned prince wouldn't become ill during the night. And that morning was no different as he woke up and had another castle worker help him get ready for the morning. Not that he was in a hurry...there was never anything exciting to do. He was probably just wanted at the table for breakfast.

And he did soon make his way down the stairs to the dining area with it's long, large table and candles splayed across it keeping the area lit as it was a dark, cold morning. His mother was at the table, reading some sort of parchment and Nor looked down at it as he passed by her, wanting to know what it was that she was reading. His mother seemed to guess what it was that he was trying to look at and she spoke up before he could actually ask his question.

"A message from your father," the Queen stated as she looked over at her son. And Nor stared at her for a few moments as he took his seat near her at the impressive table. "He will be away for awhile longer."

"Oh. Where has he gone?"

"To the battle, Nor."

"Battle?"

Nor watched as his mother looked away from the parchment so that she could look at him instead. And Nor felt like he knew the look that he was being given because he had been given the look before. It usually came when he managed to somehow hurt himself. Or when he said something that she herself apparently didn't agree with. Point was, he had gotten that look more than a few times and he was getting it now.

"Nor...my darling boy...I have a terrible ache..." She rubbed at her temple. "We can discuss this later...or perhaps someone else can explain it to you AGAIN when they arrive for our morning meal..and it seems that Konrad is going to have a long day so let's have him come as well..." She gestured to a castle worker to go and find the body guard.

Post schedule:
Bubblegumyum10
WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys
moonlight mist moonlight mist
KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

The Chronicles of Prince Nor- Character sheet

The Chronicles of Prince Nor- Medieval Setting with no actual research done in preparation

The Chronicles of Prince Nor- Out of character

Last edited:
Astaroth, princess of Geneva, was not a morning person. Especially on cold days. Which, in these lands, happened to be all the time. Her bed was warm, with as many blankets as she could collect slung over her small form. She was basically buried under the fabrics, the only part of her visible being the wild mess of hair on her head poking out of the top. And this was why, as usual, one of the castle workers had to wake her. It had become a common occurrence for her to be woken by someone, since otherwise she'd miss breakfast and she had no desire to do that either. She loved food.

And this particularly cold morning was no different. Grumbling and groaning when she heard someone loudly announce that it was time to wake, she took her time to persuade herself to move. Once she had, it wasn't long before she was wrapped in her warm winter clothing. Well, it was warmer than anything else she could possibly wear. And, on the plus side, it wasn't a dress. So that was a bonus. Now that she was up, and she was made mostly presentable by the castle worker, who she could have sworn muttered about misbehaving princesses, she ran through the halls. After all, she had a brother to annoy.

Slowing as she reached the dining room, she tugged at the cloak around her shoulders a little and walked in. If her mother was in there, then she'd likely be told off for running, if the woman caught her. Not that Astaroth cared about being a 'proper princess'. It was more fun to be a trouble maker.

Chirping a overly joyful greeting to them, she slid into her seat, opposite Nor. From the words she'd caught, Nor had said something again that their mother hadn't agreed with or had done something relatively stupid. Squirming in her seat, she was almost desperate to ask what he'd done now, but refrained from doing so for now. After all, their mother didn't look all too happy, whether that was because of Nor or not was a mystery.

- Celina O'Malley -
Palace of Geneva

As the early morning sun peeked through the sheer curtains of her window, she stepped back to admire her work. The gown was perfect - or as perfect as any gown could be after only four hours of work. To anyone else who saw it, it might have just been mediocre.

Celina hardly ever slept, and last night was no exception. After pacing the halls of the castle for a good hour or so, she'd gone down to the grand library, picked up a book on sewing and decided to make herself a dress. She loved the night. No one ever bothered her or asked her questions, forced her to sit in court or make small talk with strangers. It was nice to be in her own company for once.

But now her tummy was starting to growl and she knew that in a few minutes her maid would wake her up and try to get her ready for breakfast. Celina didn't like people waiting on her hand and foot, so she donned her handmade gown and draped a fur cloak around her freezing shoulders, her sunny hair curling down her back. She pouted. It was always so cold here. Not at all like the sunny plains where she was from.

Walking alone down the halls in her plush slippers, Celina approached the expansive dining hall. There, she saw her betrothed, Prince Nor and his young sister, Princess Astaroth, already seated and waiting for their breakfast. "Good morning," she said softly, taking a seat beside her prince. She kept her eyes carefully averted from the queen.

Konrad had woken up a few hours earlier than the prince, such was his duty, However he would mostly spend the hours of the morning in a state of boredom or slight drunkenness however he was always sober when his duty called. The castle worker found Konrad sitting in his chambers reading a book, a sword fighting manual, it was one of the few things Konrad would do in his spare time other than drinking or training.

After being told by the servant that the queen and her son needed him he rose to his feet and made his way there, he didn't particularly like working for the Prince but it was his best paying job by far of course money cant buy happiness but it could buy wine and wine made Konrad happy so he was contempt. The worst part of the job was how the prince had an almost amazing ability to accidentally harm himself or forget things it was amazing Konrad thought,not in the fun way but still it was amazing he even recalls the time when he said "I'm a body guard not a baby sitter" to the queen when he became Nor's body guard but it seems the two jobs became one.

He was at the door to the room that held the Prince and his family, he entered the room and took his usual position next to the prince looking to towards the Queen "Ready to serve, your majesty" he said in his Karnovan accent which was rather unheard in Geneva.

Last edited:
Nor had greeted both his sister and his fiance as the two of them entered the room. Although if he was being completely honest, he was actually a bit distracted and unable to focus on them completely. What was he so distracted about? Well, obviously, he was busy thinking about what his mother had told him earlier. What battle was she talking about? Nobody had told him about a battle and yet she insisted that there was some sort of battle going on. That was...interesting to say the least. Perhaps his mother was making up things again. She seemed to do that a lot although in turn she would say that Nor himself was just forgetting things too often. He looked up when Konrad arrived and then looked to his mother as she spoke up.

"Yes, greetings, Konrad," she stated as she gave a nod in his direction. "Please, do sit down..join us for our meal. There are certainly enough chairs to go around. I thought that you could use a hearty meal before spending the day with Nor...actually, perhaps all of you could spend the day together. Despite the war that is currently plaguing our land...the people are attempting to carry on with their...optimism. Yesterday I approved a request to have a small festival...and while I myself have far too much of an...ache to attend, I am sure that the rest of you would love to go." The queen never made suggestions. She always gave disguised orders. "It would look well upon the royal family for some to attend and show the people that everything is fine."

Nor was focused on only one thing that she had said. "What war?"

Astaroth smiled brightly at both Celina and Konrad as they both walked in, although separately. She quite liked both of them, as she should. After all, Celina was her brothers fiancé, and Konrad... Well, he was Konrad. And she very much adored him teaching her to do things that no one else would teach her to do. Sometimes he was better company for her than Nor himself, who constantly seemed to be forgetting everything. Honestly, she didn't know why her brother was so forgetful, but she wished he could remember the important things.

Like the war. As soon as he opened his mouth to ask about the war, she gave him a look of disbelief. How many times had the war been explained to her older brother? She shook her head, returning to what her mother had 'suggested'. Going out with the others to attend the small festival would be fun, even if she wouldn't be able to sneak off without being told off. She was meant to be a proper princess, at least in public. Still, she smiled slightly and nodded to her mother, then looked at her brother again.

"The war Nor. You know. The one our father is fighting right now against Karnova. It's been going on for five years now Nor! You can't have forgotten again." Disbelief coloured her young voice, as she stared at him. Had he really forgotten the war that threatened their kingdom?

- Celina O'Malley -
Palace of Geneva

Celina contemplated the queen's suggestion of a festival with approval while Astaroth bickered with Nor about his forgetfulness. It sounded like a wonderful opportunity to become closer to the prince and princess. Prince Nor's loyal guard, Konrad, sat on his opposite side as serious as usual.

Her prince could be so naive sometimes. Celina didn't understand how he could possibly manage to ignore the war that raged on within and without their country; the war that took his own father, the King of Geneva, away from his family. It wasn't a fiancée's job to criticise, however, so Celina smiled lightly at the queen and bowed her head respectfully. "That sounds like a lovely idea, Your Grace," she said. "I'm sure our lord prince will enjoy that very much."

Konrad had mixed emotions about a festival, on one hand he would have to spend his time around other people but then again a festival most likely meant that wine would be about the place "Hmm, maybe a festival would help keep moral high" he said, sitting down to his breakfast. He knew the Queen only commanded and never suggested so he thought it better not to oppose.

He smirked a bit and twirled his mustache "I mean i'm sure this party animal will be causing trouble" he said nudging Nor "Oh and good morning Lady Celina and Lady Astaroth" he said giving a nod."I should hope your faring well in this cold weather"

Nor didn't pay attention to his body guard at that moment as he was thinking about Astaroth and what she had said to him. She had said that there was some war going on that had been going on for five years now? He was pretty sure that he would have remembered something like that happening. But apparently he didn't remember that happening. Or perhaps he had just...forgotten that it had happened? He didn't think so. He glanced over at his body guard and gave a shake of his head. "Causing trouble? I never cause trouble..it just seems that bad things seem to happen when I am around..." Nor didn't see it any other way. He looked to the castle workers next, watching as they brought in the food for them, setting it onto the table.

"And while we're on the topic...of course they are doing well. I should be the one who you're asking....because as I said, terrible things seem to keep happening to me. Some...witch must have cursed me at birth or something..." Nor added as he looked dwon at his food, wondering if it had been properly prepared with certain specifications in mind. He was very particular about what he ate.

"The only thing that cursed you was that horse when you fell off of it," his mother commented.

Astaroth glanced around at the others at the table when the food was brought in. She smiled at Konrad, but before she could reply that she was indeed fine, her brother answered for her. Rolling her eyes at him, ignoring her brothers response that terrible things happened to him, she nodded slightly at her mothers comment. Had her brother not fallen off the horse... Well, he probably would be out there fighting too. Or at least learning to fight. Not that she blamed the horse. She'd throw her brother off too, if he tried to climb on her back.

Shaking her head, she looked at Nor, "You can't make the excuse that trouble finds you Nor, not when you're always tripping over something." The youngest watched her older brother for a moment, wondering how he did seem to get into such terrible predicaments. He had the worst luck she'd ever seen.

Konrad raised an eyebrow upon hearing the Queen poke fun at her sons injury but he then thought on Nor's words "Yes Nor but when bad things happen to you, they happen to me as well" he said, taking a sip of wine. He then turned his head to Astaroth "In my experience, if your someone important, trouble like to try and find you".

He stopped for a moment and after taking another sip of wine said, "Oh and your majesty, if you think you have a bad head ache, try getting hit in the head with a mace" he said smirking "Thank the stars it was a glancing blow" he yet again stopped, wondering if that remark would get him fired but he pushed the thought aside, his job wasn't to think it was to kill people that threatened Nor.

The Queen didn't seem to be too amused by what Konrad had had to say. Then again, she was never really all that amused aside from when she herself happened to make a joke. Aside from that, though, she rarely smiled. Actually, she would feign headaches more often than not, saying that it had to do with a mixture of there being a war going on, her husband being out in the war, and then her son being...well, not the smartest individual around. And at the moment, her headache seemed to get to her as she got to her feet. "Yes, we are all thankful for that because at least I don't have to find someone else to take your place," she replied to Konrad. "Now then, do excuse me...I am going to lay down. Enjoy the festival."

Nor bid his mother a goodbye given that he assumed that it would be rude to not do so.

Astaroth was going to comment that trouble hardly ever found her, or her mother, and they were both part of the royal family, even if Astaroth was sure she herself was the least important. Not that that mattered to her, since it just meant she could make more trouble without as many consequences. She, like her brother, said goodbye to her mother, along with wishing she feel better soon. Her mother always seemed to have a headache. Not that Astaroth blamed her. She'd probably have a headache too, if she had to worry about the war, her husband, and her son. And sure, Astaroth did worry, but there wasn't much she could do about any of the issues.

Konrad finished his wine and thought on the Queens words, she would never find a killer like him but oh well, that would be her loss. However he did understand her suffering, being concerned over a loved ones well being was not something he was foreign to. "Fare thee well" he said to the Queen as she left the room. As much as he disliked certain aspects of his job, he had no ill will to the Queen. despite the fact she was basically helping to wage war on his homeland.

He then stood up "So when do we depart for the festival?" he said, looking at the Queens children, he knew Astaroth would most likely get up to something mischievous and Nor would find some way to hurt himself but it would be nothing he hadn't already seen, or at at least he hoped so. "And more importantly, where will the wine be?"

"We can go right now," Nor decided. "And I'm not sure about the wine...given that mother says I am not allowed to drink any because it raises the chances even more of me being captured by some sort of slavers," he replied back as he allowed for a castle worker to assist him in the last clothing parts needed for going outside. It was after all much colder out there than it was inside of the castle...even though it was cold enough in there as well. But then again, it had always been very cold in the Kingdom of Geneva.

"Oh and little sister...do not forget that mother also forbids YOU from drinking wine lest you end up behaving...unlike a princess should," he teased his little sister a bit. He might have been stupid, but he knew how to tease his little sister when it was a good chance to do such a thing.

Astaroth was very much glad she'd worn her cloak down here this morning. Really, she was quite used to the cold, but she had been planning to go running off to do something after breakfast anyway. It only meant that no one had to help her pull it on. She quite liked doing things herself really. More fun that way. Unless it was something utterly boring. Still, she was waiting surprisingly patiently for her brother to be ready to go.

Frowning at his teasing, she stuck her tongue out, "Mother doesn't have to find out now, does she?" She returned with a mischievous smile, "And if I pull my hood up, no one will know its me. If I stay away from you."

Konrad rolled his eyes, "The rivalry between siblings never changes does it?" he said in an amused voice as the then took his place by the children as they made their way down to the festival area, "Oh and ill be the only one drinking, you hear?" after saying this he gave a subtle wink to Astaroth.

Luckily konrad was used to the cold and his armor and gambeson already proved sufficient protection from winters bite "Drink wine, protect prince and princess" he thought, leaning his hand on his sabers handle. He was almost certain that someone would try something during the festival but he would keep a watchful eye on the children

"She's going to find a way to drink anyway," Nor replied back as the castle worker asked him if he wanted his crown to which he denied her. He loved how he looked in it but he didn't want someone to steal it and he also didn't want it to somehow end up broken. That would be truly terrible and his mother would most certainly yell at him if something like that happened.

Given the fact that the location of the festival was in the village closest to the castle, they could go ahead and walk there. Well, given that Nor was Nor...the moment that they stepped out of the front entrance of the castle, he managed to actually slip. And slipping was more normal for him than walking was. Because he slipped all of the time just like when he slipped off of that horse. And right now, he slipped as well as he managed to step on the one patch of ice. But thankfully it was only a half slip and he was left standing.

Astaroth beamed at Konrad when the older man winked at her. She liked him. Although he was employed to be there, he was definitely seen as a friend by her. Not only did he keep her brother out of trouble, but he let her get away with things. Well... some things. And apparently even Nor knew that Astaroth would manage to sneakily find a way to drink. He wasn't always stupid. A little clueless maybe, but not stupid.

Though, slipping over on the ice that was there almost constantly was, as always, impressive. She could swear that her brother spent more time falling over than he did walking along. Though, he managed to stay standing, which was something. Sighing, she moved to hold his hand innocently, "Come on Nor. Get a little further before you fall over." She teased.

Yet again Konrad was amazed at Nor's ability to put himself in a harmful situation it was at this point that Konrad wondered if Nor was a greater danger to himself than any assassins could be "I hope i don't have to carry you" Konrad said in a teasing tone that was sparked by his younger sister, Konrad like Astaroth, she was a good kid in his eyes and he could only imagine what it must be like to be the sister of the prince who might as well be made of glass.

"Look the festival right there, no casualties yet which is good" he chuckled too much at his own joke.

Nor allowed for his sister to hold his hand because it was clear that it was something she wanted to do. And you know, maybe then if he slipped again, she could be the bit of weight that he needed to keep himself from falling. That and he had nothing against holding his sister's hand. Even though they would argue with one another at times and would tease one another, they were still very close. Nor looked at their hands and then over at Konrad and he replied to both of them at the same time. "I'm not going to fall over....and that wasn't my fault to begin with. These boots were obviously not made correctly." He was sure that that was the case.

Astaroth partly wanted to hold his hand to help him stay on his feet, but also because she, for some reason that she didn't know, felt safer when she was holding onto him. Either because she knew she was safer there, with Konrad right beside them, or because she wanted Nor to be safer. She rolled her eyes anyway at his response to their teasing, smiling softly, "It's funny though Nor, that all of your boots must be made incorrectly. After all, you're always falling over."

"Am i the only one who put hobnails on his boots today?" Konrad said in a slightly sarcastic tone, he wondered if Nor even knew what hobnails where. The festival area was well in eye sight now so Konrad sharpened his eyes, more people meant more potential for danger, the Prince and his sister where normally well received by the public and Konrad thought it good that the royal family interacted with their people. "If you spot anything strange, you tell me alright?" he said twirling his moustache.

"I do not even know what those are," Nor replied back as he looked over at Konrad and then he looked to his sister. "And I don't think it's funny...." He wasn't going to answer Konrad regarding whether or not he would tell him if he saw anything strange. Because he was most likely going to forget that he was even supposed to be looking for something strange and so if he did see something, he wouldn't even report it. There were a lot of people about and Nor was planning on enjoying himself as much as he could.

Astaroth rolled her eyes at her brothers reaction, and was the one of the two to nod to Konrad. If she saw anything strange, she'd tell him. Well, anything stranger than her forgetful brother. How would Nor ever rule the kingdom when he forgot so much? She'd never really given it much thought. Faced with the festival, she noted just how many people there were around. Sighing, she tugged lightly at her brothers hand as they walked closer, making sure she had a good hold on him so she didn't lose him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back