• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Road to Anywhere

TheGodSnake

Back in the states
In The Kingdom of Anoshk there are many roads, And south of the capital, Tero, there is a crossroads, famous for not having much traffic at all. Every once in awhile, like today, you get the odd traveler or so come through the crossroad. This traveler comes from the south, where there lies towering mountains and foothills, this crossroads lies at the beginning of these foothills. To the north is a vast river plains, the river flowing towards Tero. To the east is a bridge, and beyond that lies a savannah like region, that eventually becomes cliffs that look over the ocean. Finally to the west, lies a dense forest, part of which extends towards the mountains.

Wren arrived at the crossroads with Bron right behind him. Deciding it was time for lunch, wren stopped and went to sit down on a rock. "Man, it's hot, too hot to wear this jacket." Looking around he decided that it was safe to sit around with no armor on. After setting down his staff, he took off his pack and his jacket, then turned to the wolf. "You want some lunch Bron?" In response the wolf made a sound that was almost a bark. "Alright, alright" wren reached into his pack and pulled out a piece of meat wrapped in the large leaves of some forest tree. Unwrapping it, he threw the meat to the wolf who caught it and almost swallowed it whole. Chuckling at his friend, wren pulled out a large piece of smoked fish, and was calmly eating until Bron let out a growl. Wren looked up, and realized that Bron sensed someone approaching. "Calm Bron" wren muttered, giving a command to the wolf that told him to stay on guard but not attack "we don't know their intentions yet"

Each of you will pick one of the directions to approach from, it doesn't matter which, but make sure you account for any sounds other characters make if you choose to come from the same direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yui trudged though the forest, her feet crunching against the leaves. She was looking for the crossroads, a small backpack on her back holding all of her survival tools. She smiled, taking out a piece of salmon and eating it, smiling at it's smoky flavor. "Hmm." She said, walking towards the crossroads. When she walked out of the forest, she spotted someone and a wolf lying near a rock. She smiled a bit, her fangs showing as she walked towards them.

@TheGodSnake

Wren collected a small amount of fire in his palm, preparing to make it grow and hurl it if needed, when he saw the figure emerge from the woods. What the hell is that? he was a little taken aback when he realized that what he thought was a human, was, in fact something else, with nine tails flowing out behind it. still staying cautious, he ate another bite of fish in his free hand, while his left hand still held a tiny blue flame, waiting for the moment where he may have to strike.

Yui soon noticed his hostility. "Not very friendly are we." She said, smirking at him. "Fine then, you play this the hard way." She ate the rest of her salmon, licking her lips free of any extra. She then opened her hand, a large ball of blue fire forming. "Want to play the power game? I think you are going to lose."

Saura was greatly fatigued from having to wander about without food or rest. For the pass few days she was living off of water and berries, she needed sustenance. As she approached the crossroads, stumbling every now and then, she got a wiff of the unmistakable smells of wolf, roasted fish, and two other unidentifiable scents. Not knowing what they were, part of her wanted to turn back and find a different way. That was, until she felt the warmth of fires calling out to her. Whatever these creatures were, Saura was drawn to their flames. She moved as silently as possible until she had them in her sights. With his back to her, sat an elf with his wolf, and and before him was a creature- seemingly human- but with nine fox-like tails. Using the trees as her cover, she watched their possible altercation with great interest.

Blaz was leisurely skipping jogging along the path, he'd been running for somewhere around 70 hours straight by now, his hood pulled completely over his head as he sand a soft lullaby to himself, the lullaby possessed a deep undertone of how quickly humanity is crushed, he starts to whistle as well.

Blaz hand eaten or drank in days along with all this; he was admittedly thirsty, but not for water, completely for blood; now only a few feet from the crossroads, he breaks into a full sprint, skidding to a halt and flipping over onto his head "oooooowwww!!!"

Wren smiled at the challenge and Rose his left hand above his head. " yes let's play" the small wisp of fire slowly grew to the size of a beach ball and then started to change colors, like a circular rainbow. "Well, it's nice to meet another pyromancer, but you can make your own flame so you are a bit better than me", he said, with the ball of flame still over his head. He was about to introduce himself when a figure in black fell, startling his concentration and making the fire go back to a small size. And just when things were getting fun.

Yui was about to do something when her ears picked up a noise in the distance. The shriek from the hooded figure made her flinch, her ears drawing back. "Hey! Not so loud." She complained, her tails flicking in annoyance. She looked from her opponent to the new guy, backing up and assuming defensive position.

By the strong smell of blood on the creature who had been sprinting at full speeds, Saura assumed that it was a vampire who fell into the fray. This is proving to be more interesting by the minute the dragon girl thought to herself as she kept watching. She was glad that she could see far because even to her, these foreign creatures were strange. Will they all fight now?

Wren, stepped back, obviously these people arent bandits, they're too loud and that one is clumsy. "who the hell are you people, I'm just laying here and next thing i know, my wolf is freaking out, and then this whole thing happens."

Yui scoffed. "I was just walking here and you pointed a flame ball at me. And I do as most people do when threatened, I reacted back by summoning my fire." She said, her tails twitching as she looked at the man. Her face was cold and hard.

"I was defending myself, thank you very much! What if your intent was to rob me, and besides, the flame in my hand was barely large enough to stay lit, you had no idea i would attack you with it

Yui scoffed. "Yeah, whatever." She said, her ears flattening as her tails began flicking faster. "And do I look like someone who would rob you. I would probably kill you before that happened." She growled, her fangs showing.

"you know i have seen people who look like nobles, try to rob me. Anyway, my name is Wren., the wolf is Bron, and no he is not my pet.

Yui sighed, her gaze softening a bit. "Yui, and I am afraid my animal side is built into me." She said, her tails curling around the front of her body.

Saura was dejected as the possible fight died down into just a heated misunderstanding. 'Well there goes the entertainment for the day. I should go find food...' As she thought this, her stomach made the most inhuman sound a stomach could possibly make. Saura froze in place, even in her human form, she had a pretty loud stomach. She prayed that from the distance she was, it would not have been heard

Yui's ears picked up a noise and she looked in the direction that the noise came from. She growled, letting the fox fire grow in her hand again. "Come out." She said.

At the same instant Bron growled and approached the area where something was hiding, wren pulled out his sword and the ball of fire in his hand grew and became burning hot. "I guess the bandit was here all along, and it wasn't either of us." He said to yui.

Saura cursed silently and bit her lip. Her stomach gave her away. She backed up more, worried that these creatures were hostile, trying to stay as silent as possible. Wolf go away. Wolf go away. Wolf go away. She chanted in her mind, hoping the wolf would loose interest and throw the other two off. But the fox creature had been aware of her too. Not knowing what else to do, she spat fire at them and ran

"Yeah." Yui said. She dodged the fire, growling as she chased after her, her fox instincts taking over as she darted after the creature.

as yui dadged the fire, Wren just caught it, adding it to his own ball of flame. Dragonfire, ooh "watch out, your chasing a dragon" he yelled after Yui, then he motioned to Bron "lets go catch them" and the wolf took off, while Wren follwed behind. Completely forgetting about the yelping stranger.

Yui laughed, hearing him. "Don't worry. A dragon is no problem for me." She said, continuing after her.

Saura took off at full speed now. She didn't consider that she would be chased. 'I shouldn't have spat fire at them!' She cursed herself more as she weaved through the trees with a movement that almost looked like leaves floating on wind. She wasnt going to let them catch her and kill her, she had so much to live for

Yui was still chasing her. Kind of mad that her for blowing fire. But she wanted to get to know her more. "Hey!" She called, still chasing her.

Saura's heart and stomach switched places for a moment when the fox girl called out to her. Looking back and seeing all those tails, she felt a fear she never expected to feel. "L-Leave me alone!" She shouted back, "I want no trouble!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back