• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Road Not Taken: A Choose Your Own Adventure Interactive Role Play

ViciousVip3R

Merchant of Death, Quest Log Fanatic
  • Hey, all, how are you guys doing? I'm here to pitch you guys an idea about an interactive role play that we have been working on. The premise of the role play will be a bit different from what you will be used to on this website, but that is all part of the appeal. So what this role play will be like is a sort "Choose Your Own Adventure Story" paired up with amazing visuals that, when finished, can stand as its own individual product. Now, you may be thinking, "What am I needed for?" Well, to answer your question, we decided to include live input! You, as the audience, can offer your opinion on what path you want the story to take, and we will include it in.

How this will work is that at the beginning of a week you can offer your input on what path you want the character to take, and at the end of the week you can vote on the paths that have been suggested by others. We will then include the most popular path before the cycle repeats. (This may be modified depending on how active you guys are.) After the chosen paths are finished, we will fill in the other paths to provide a finished product that can be played by multitudes of future RPNers.
Introduction
Team
Sample Art
Prototype

Last edited:
The sample art won't show up on my computer. But I did get to see the demo. It's nice and I like how it flows. The visual style is especially impressive. How long have you guys been working on this?

The sample art won't show up on my computer. But I did get to see the demo. It's nice and I like how it flows. The visual style is especially impressive. How long have you guys been working on this?
Hmm, I'll try messaging you with a different version to see if that works. This has actually been in the works since the beginning of August, but we had to pushback some dates due to real life commitments. This has really been a labour of love, so we try and fit in some work on it whenever we can. We purposely decided to have an relatively long stretch of time between each choice to allow for the most community input and to remove some of the time constraints, which allows us to turn out the best product possible, week after week.

Awesome! Really digging it! I love Visual Novels so I can get behind this. Also I wouldn't be able to fund much, just like maybe 20 or 30 bucks a month xD
Yeah, that was the effect we were going for. We are planning to do the first one around AIs and other futuristic stuff, and then expand to other genres if this is successful. And hey, I don't want to sound cliche or anything, but a little goes a long way! :D

I would donate my dear, but my purse is very limited. All I can send is good luck.
Haha, that is fine too. It is the thought that counts, thanks! I sent the images to you through PM, see if they are viewable there.

This looks awesome! If I had any money to spare, I would totally donate, but I’m kinda sorta broke since I’m 14 and don’t have a job...

Other than that, totally count me in! This looks beautiful!

This looks awesome! If I had any money to spare, I would totally donate, but I’m kinda sorta broke since I’m 14 and don’t have a job...

Other than that, totally count me in! This looks beautiful!
Great, we are trying to get the first post out but I haven't had time to write so hopefully we can get it done sometimes soon.

I might sound stupid but I can click on the arrow anymore past this line of text (keeps moving down)
View attachment 457666
Using Chrome
I think this has to do with the changes to the coding language that this website has implemented since we made this. It wasn't supposed to move down like that. I'll take a look at it with my computer later on, but I don't think there is anything we can do about it short of rewriting the entire code.

inactive-account inactive-account I just took a look at it using Chrome on my laptop, and I also had the same issue. Firefox still works fine though, if you want to try that. Hope this helps.

I'm looking forward to how this sort of rp will be like! :) I have to check this using my laptop to see the visuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back