[The Road Goes Ever On] 24 Descending Air: The Gate and Beyond.

Sun Mok

Mok takes a deep breath. Right, fuck it.

Speaking up so his voice carries, Mok switches to Old Realm. <"My name is Sun Mok, firstborn of the Hours Caste of the Sidereal Exalted. I would like to go home now, please.">

As he speaks, the pale white symbol of his caste mark flares to life on his brow, and his irises glow unearthly white.

Irukandji Darktide

The Eclipse flourishes another bow, this one a bit deeper. "I thank you for the welcome, noble sir. I admit to being at a disadvantage, however. You know to whom you speak, as well as your name. I fear I do not know the same. Might I have the honor of knowing to whom I speak?"

To Mok

The murmur becomes an uproar. Gods push forward to see this curious caste mark of white.

"There are no Hours! Infernal trick!" Cries some sheepish looking god in the form of a goatman with diaphanous wings.

"Oh, shut your wad, you goatlick bastard." Shouts a siaka-man next to him, placing a foot upon a tiemount, peering at your caste mark.

A half dozen of the little water children and what appear to be sentient clumps of algae in the shape of cats with snake-like tails crawl on board the ship to look at Mok, dancing around him, chanting in some dialect of Old Realm.

A few nymphs and currents swirl around the ship. Some nymphs coming up to the rail, looking demurely at the Sidereal.

Comely little dream flies flutter over the ship, landing in the rigging to stare down. A bloody hand watches on with its wide, unblinking eyes of crimson. The deck is virtually alive now with myriad gods.

The voice returns, "I have no recollection of a Caste of Hours. Yet you show the marks of the Star-Eyed Ones. Come, we shall show you the way."

Silk

The slight brush of fingers against Mok's sleeve is all Silk allows herself. "Be careful. Be calm," she tells him in a soft voice, more than she's ever expressed to anyone before. Her hand drops down to her side again, her face expressionless.

Irukandji Darktide

Darktide looks around him and a slight sheen of sweat glistens on his forehead. So much attention, particularly on his ship, made him nervous. <"I will come. But I need to gather my gear. And my desire to learn the identity of the being to whom I am speaking has not diminished. Perhaps you can reveal that when I return?"> Darktide turns to Sun Mok. "Sorry, Sun, but I'm not going to Yu Shan without some supplies. And I don't think Selakkis would appreciate being left behind. Give me a minute."

The captain goes below decks to collect both his gear and Selakkis....

Silk

Arching her brow at the captain as he leaves, Silk turns and smiles ever so slightly at Mok. Her thumb brushes across his fingers. "I think Iru has the right idea, I'm going to get my bag. Try not to let one of those nymphs steal you away while I'm gone?" She whirls around, feet swift and light as she heads for her cabin.

To the people on deck

A number of rather larger-than-normal mastiffs made of all colors of jade come to the edge of the pier, sitting on their haunches (sitting five foot at the shoulder), looking the crew over.

One of them, carved out of weathered blue jade speaks in fluent Seatongue, "Errr, which of you, hurrf, is Exalted. One begat anotherrr, so there must be more on this boat."

Sun Mok

Mok responds. <"I am, obviously, as is the captain, as he's said. The woman Silk is of the Night Caste, whilst my friend Still Sky here is of the Twilight. We have another companion, Ragara Selakkis, a child of the Earth Dragon. He is below.">

Silk

Quick to return, Silk re-emerges by Mok's side just in time to catch his reply to one of the strange beings assembled around the ship. Her bag now hangs diagonally across her back, her face even more composed, as is her hair though it hangs freely behind her still.

Irukandji Darktide

Darktide dips into his cabin, grabbing a pack, three changes of clothes (one of them fancy), and, of course, his daiklaive. He grabbed some rations as well - never could tell when food would be useful - and moved to Selakkis' cabin. A knock on the door, a short conversation with the Prince of the Earth, and, after waiting - impatiently - for the Dragon Blood to finish his own packing, the pair appear back on deck, ready to travel.

Selakkis

The Dragon Blood is in his richest attire as he walks out on deck and looks at all the gaping godlings and elementals. "My...my..."

Sun Mok

Mok looks over at the Dragon-Blood and quirks a smile. "Yeah, that about covers it."

To the crew on deck

The giant jade dog nods, "Verrrry well, then. Come." He turns and the others do as well, motioning for you to drop a gangplank and come ashore.

Silk

Silk eyes Selakkis from his well tailored jacket all the way down to his highly polished boots. "Someone dressed to impress," she comments softly to Mok as she waits to debark.

Sun Mok

Mok chuckles. "Always does. Shall we?" Taking her arm, Mok leads Silk down the gangplank after the dogs.

Still Sky

Here's hoping they don't mind if I take notes, Sky thinks to himself as he ambles after the jade dogs (themselves of fascinating construction, albeit one which would probably not appreciate in-depth inspection). He'd have to settle for a few quick sketches later, perhaps.

To All

As the crew stays behind on the boat, the Lion Dogs form a wedge around your party, making way through the crowd, walking on flagstones which appear to be as varied and colorful as beetle shells. Heavens, these dogs are huge. Most of them are easily near as tall as you just on all fours. One of the weathered mastiffs turns a head toward you occasionally, sniffing and appearing to nod, plodding along.

Irukandji Darktide

Darktide tries hard not to look like a tourist as he walks through the port. It's hard, though. His head wants to crane as he passes a piece of particularly striking architecture, or a wondrous walking god. He forces himself to keep walking, and looks only surreptitiously. Wonder what it's going to be like when we get to Yu Shan? Seems I need to practice the calm, "been here before" attitude. This is a good warm up.

Darktide does just that, schooling his features in an effort to look at home in his surroundings. There are slips, of course, but the practice does him good. All the while, he keeps his eye on the gate...

Sun Mok

Mok walks hand in hand with Silk, back straight and head erect, walking almost as though he were on the parade ground. He keeps his eyes straight ahead. He's the forerunner of a Caste of Exalted. He will act accordingly.

To Mok

Two of the Lion Dogs flanking you are rather amused it seems. They're both glancing at you with polished eyes of garnet and oddly smiling. "You're rather tense." You can see the canal jetties up ahead down a flight of stairs in beyond a polished brass railing in the middle of the street.

Still Sky

Sky sketches a few hasty bows in the direction of gods he recognises, specifically the ones he feels might take offense and/or might remember politeness with favour later: hey, it can't help to be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back