• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Rise of a Kingdom: The Celtica-Okeryn War

InfiniteChaos

Oblivioux

• The Rise of a Kingdom

The Celtica-Okeryn War

In this roleplay, we will be following one squadron in a war against the Okeryn Empire and the Kingdom of Celtica. This Roleplay is set in the medieval era but the technological side of the roleplay is modern (Meaning pistols and rifles are a thing in this world.) It's not too modern though... but look in the Weapons tab for more information about that.

This roleplay will support 5 people (Including me) as I don't want to have too many characters coming and leaving. (If you send me a CS after the RP started and I really like it, I may include you at some point!) Thus I will want 4 other active players who would be willing to be casual/detailed in their posts for this roleplay! Check out more information and let me know if you're interested in this roleplay!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump. I have added a complete section of all the information needed for those who are wanting to join!

I currently need 4 more people to make this Roleplay happen :D I'm looking for active people as it states in the background of the Roleplay! If you are interested, or have questions that I may not have answered fully then please let me know on this thread~ I look forward to seeing everyone who is interested!

Question though, and I mean no offense by this to your idea or anything, but why are we using medeival technology AND Civil war guns at the same time? Why would swords or medeival armor be used at all, when a civil war rifle, or even a Napoleonic rifle makes them completely invalid?

Here's a sort of made up example.

Let's say Celtica has a detatchment of heavy infantry, armed with Pavise shields and hammers.

rome2_2014-08-14_17-36-36-72.jpg

The Okeryns have a battle line of infantry armed with civil-war era rifles.

stock-photo-5048278-us-civil-war-infantry-line-of-battle-shenandoah-valley-virginia.jpg

The Heavy Infantry would not get anywhere close to the riflemen. They would be mowed down, as their armor and shields would do next to nothing to stop bullets, and their armor would make them more prone to exhaustion than a lighter armored foe. It is perfectly possible that one can run and do cartwheels in medieval plate mail, but as proved at Agincourt, knights get tired rather quickly. Their armor wouldn't stop a bullet easily, because that is not what medieval armor is designed for. Also, crossbows and bows would be entirely irrelevant as well. Why use a crossbow or bow when you can use a rifle that is more accurate, more dangerous, and penetrates armor easier?

So... why would any nation use medieval technology at all, when rifles are an easy alternative? Why bother with heavy armored knights with years of training and the best in armor and weapons when you can just give a peasant a gun, some minimalist disciplinary training, and send 'em in, and kill the knight in one shot?

Additionally, bows require decent training to use as well, strength in the arms, steady grip, and a good enough commander to know what angle you're shooting at in order to hit the enemy.

With a gun, you just point the barrel at the enemy, and pull the trigger, like a crossbow, but even easier.

This may be some dumb thing on some likely inaccurate TV show, but it still generally gets the point across.

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back